Forum Settings
Forums

Origins: When did you start disliking (or stop liking) Tsundere girls?

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 10, 2009 9:32 PM

Mar 2009
I've never really liked them.
I mean some are tolerable but why do they have to be pissed off even if someone does something nice for them? D:
maybe it's just annoys me cause I'm nice haha
Nov 15, 2009 3:12 PM

Apr 2008
I've ALWAYS hated Tsundere characters. ALWAYS. Kaname Chidori was the first one I encountered and I pretty much despise her existence. UGH... why is she so poplar?
Nov 20, 2009 8:35 AM

Oct 2009
I never liked them. At all.

Now, I'm not usually a very hateful person, but nothing... NOTHING pisses me off more than seeing a loud, obnoxious, self-absorbed 15-year-old girl beat the living sh*t out of her boyfriend every friggin time he opens his mouth. Seriously, how the hell do those guys manage to put up with all that? What, are most anime guys masochists or something? (No offense to any masochists here...)
Granted, there are some "tsunderes" that I like, (i.e., Kagome, Sailor Mars, Eri, and Kaoru Kamiya) but only if they're more "dere" than "tsun."

sakunyu said:
Tsuderes are just poorly done.
Quoted for fucking truth.
I like anime girls with kind, caring personalities, like Orihime.
Seth-Z-101Mar 29, 2010 1:12 PM
Karen: So, if you're from Africa... why are you white? O_O
Gretchen: Oh my God Karen! You can't just ask people why they're white!
Nov 20, 2009 4:35 PM
Feb 2008
Seth-Z-101 said:

My thoughts exactly!
Mar 18, 2010 4:40 AM

Aug 2009
morningblue said:
Naru from Love Hina. Selfish, whiny, and violent for no reason whatsoever.

Possibly here as she was the first Tsundere I've witnessed even though I didn't know the term when I first saw the show. The same also applies to Haruhi Suzumiya and Taiga from Toradora.
Mar 25, 2010 9:31 PM

Jun 2009
cm1000 said:
Seth-Z-101 said:

My thoughts exactly!

same here ^_^
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Apr 5, 2010 5:36 PM

Oct 2009
Tokunaga said:
I prefer my tsundere male and my yandere female. Yep yep.
Humph. So loud, aggressive and rude guys are okay, but loud, aggressive and rude girls aren't?
Apr 5, 2010 9:04 PM

Oct 2007
Agreed, and props for the TVTropes link. Hell yeah TVTropes!
You can find me on IRC.
Apr 5, 2010 9:52 PM

Oct 2009
Thanks Kuyukly, TvTropes FTW! I love that site. <3
Seth-Z-101Apr 7, 2010 10:43 AM
Apr 8, 2010 4:13 PM

Jul 2007
when i met louise ;o;
Apr 11, 2010 9:25 AM

Feb 2009
when i met louise ;o;

same here. It's strange that I've survived 3 seasons of Zero no Tsukaima :o
May 28, 2010 6:39 AM

Sep 2009
I hate the tsudere that Kugimiya Rie voice. Her voice is just annoying and they keep beating the crap out of the guy they like and act like a big fuck.
Jun 22, 2010 1:51 AM

Sep 2009
Starting from Kyou
Jul 6, 2010 6:07 AM

Oct 2009
Ever since i've watchedZero no Tsukaima, because Louise is fcking crap. But I don't dislike likely tsunderes.
Aug 18, 2010 4:39 PM

Sep 2009
morningblue said:
Naru from Love Hina. Selfish, whiny, and violent for no reason whatsoever. Keitaro could've chosen so many other girls in that series, and he chooses the second most violent one (after Motoko. At least she eventually got character development).

This.
Aug 22, 2010 2:06 PM

Jun 2010
I never liked them. They just gave me a bad feeling from the start...

Then I started watching Pandora Hearts and saw Alice...

I dropped the show. I mean, she's so stupid! 'Oz is my manslave so no one else can touch him!' Sharon was so much better...:'( (Hope lordcrab doesn't get offended by this comment about Alice...)

Also, this is a bit off topic but

Are tsunderes in every single show or is it just me? o.o They're everywhere! D:

"I didn't call you stupid. Calling you stupid would be an insult to the stupid people out there."
Aug 25, 2010 1:39 AM

Sep 2009
EternalTears said:

Yes, now they're everywhere, and it's one of the reasons why I can't stand them anymore...
Dec 17, 2010 7:57 AM

Sep 2010
Miwa- said:
EternalTears said:

Yes, now they're everywhere, and it's one of the reasons why I can't stand them anymore...

Exactly, at first I didn't mind them... I didn't like or dislike them but now they're just everywhere! D:

Jan 12, 2011 8:32 PM
Nov 2009
In the beginning, I was fine with them. It was just a stereotype like dojikko or genki girl. Then I rewatched SHnY. I became a little annoyed by haruhi, but she's God so its OK. As I watched Ookami-san to shichinin no nakama tachi, I started disliking that annoying tsundere type. And then I watched Oreimo hating Kirino.
Apr 2, 2011 5:00 AM

Jun 2010
I started to hate tsunderes, when I was watching Lucky Star. Kagami was so annoying.
Few series later (ZnT, Toradora, Shakugan no Shana), I was like ''Geez, they have same character in 3 animes. And all of them are voiced by Rie Kugimiya *explodes*'' >>''
That's also why I started to hate Rie Kugimiya >>''

---
Sorry for my horrible English >.<
Apr 3, 2011 3:56 PM
Apr 2011
Since i join Saimoe in 2010.
Apr 4, 2011 9:08 PM

Nov 2009
I started disliking tsundere when it became too overused and overexaggerated.

I still don't mind it when it's done well. I remember reading Fate/Stay Night and thinking Rin Tohsaka was incredibly well made and not annoying or unrealistic in her "harsh" tendencies. In fact in the novel there's only one time she is actually physically violent and that's when Shirou does something genuinely stupid, all other times she's very caring but has trouble expressing it.

Taiga doesn't annoy me as much either since there is explanation, reason, and a sense of realism involved in her character. If you're going to be harsh and violent there better be a psychological well-thought out reason for it.
May 15, 2011 4:25 AM

Oct 2009
I already disliked the Toradora-kid (whatshernameagain?), but when I saw Louise in Zero no Tsukaima I really came to hate them. Especially the Rie ones. Ooh and LH's Naru annoyed the hell out of me too.

But.. I need to say I do not hate them all. If they are non-violent and just kind of shy (and have a reason to be so) like Ogieu in Genshiken, than I think it can be pretty cute.

But overdone tsundere's are SUGOKU annoying.
Jul 3, 2011 2:18 PM

Mar 2011
IMO, there's just -nothing- good about them. Other than looks, which can sometimes be cute~. =w=
Anyway.
Whenever I see one, I think that the creators or whoever were just extremely lazy when creating a main character. It's often the tsundere's annoying-as-shit personality that runs the little-to-no-plot into a spiraling disaster.
Nothing good comes of these characters. All you hear from them is complaining and yelling, until you get to know them(which, frankly, I see no reason -anyone- would want to get to know any kin of bitch that just yells and complains at you 24-7).
But what also annoys me is their fanbase. Yeah, I brought it up. People who love and adore tsunderes in real life often reflect those personalities, only a little bit more annoying and socially awkward. I can't go into much detail on this.
Anyway, if you read my little rant, thank you. :3
Jul 21, 2011 6:55 AM

Nov 2009
I was always freaked out by those arrogant, unreasonable and stupid girls that probably don't get a good punch in their face JUST because they are girls. This hate originated from Toradora and Shakugan no Shana. And no matter what anime I watch, I get the feeling like those creatures are everywhere. So this hate is still developing during all those years.
Aug 4, 2011 12:30 AM

Feb 2010
Well, I first thought to myself "abuse isn't very funny."

And then I watched Zero no Tsukiama. That's when I drew the line.

Dec 22, 2011 8:00 PM

Dec 2011
I would like them if they hit their love interests for LOGICAL reasons even through violence isn't good. Besides, it is sexist as the boys cannot hit them back just because they're girls.
Jan 7, 2012 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
There are only two tsunderes left in existence that I still like and that's Haruhi Suzumiya and Shana, and the only reason they are left in my likes is because they are a part of my childhood.

I hate Rei Kugimiya, she ruined my life with tsunderes, I know there are different VA's of tsuns but... she is the main one and FML for her existence. She has ruined a lot of anime for me.

My hate first really set off with Kirino from Ore no Imouto and got worse from there till I now barely like anime I used to like because Rei voices characters in it >.>

Worst things worse I don't even think Rei voiced Kirino.
Say NO to scurvy
Jan 18, 2012 5:54 AM
May 2010
There was one manga I read called Keroro Gunso/Sgt Frog with these two kids. One of them is a girl called Natsumi Hinata and maaaan was she a total bitch. How can her brother and Keroro put up with her?

That told me how badly Tsundere could be handled

The Four/Five Tsundere wonder is tearing Tsundere down to pieces as well. ESPECIALLY LOUISE
Apr 1, 2012 6:58 PM

Sep 2011
The first tsundere I can remember really hating was Chidori from FMP. She was the most annoying bitch ever and I've hated tsundere's ever since.
Apr 2, 2012 6:08 AM

Mar 2011
Toradora Was Actually Good And Got Me Hooked On Romances But After I Watched The Stupid Neko Overrun Anime I Started To Get A Headache
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Jul 19, 2012 12:55 PM
Jun 2012
Ahh I totally forgot about Naru!! Yeah it was definitly her
Aug 5, 2012 1:08 PM

Mar 2010
I don't remember when I started disliking them. It was mostly when I didn't like a character in a show (usually tsundere though I didn't care about that then) I would search spoilers when that character dies (don't judge me). But the moment I began hating tsunderes was somwhere around first five minutes of Hidan no Aria episode 2... My patience for female characters that treat male lead like shit ran out and now I'm a tsundere hater
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Feb 18, 2013 11:40 PM

Apr 2009
I started hating a few tsudere since after watching "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". Yeah, you're not gonna believe this, but its that glob darn catchy song, "Hare Hare Yukai" in the ending that got me into it into that anime the first place. Anyway, as I continued the series, I began to realize how much of a spoiled and forceful brat of an idiot she is. And to make matters worse,...she's a god-moder. *faceplam*

I feel really bad for Kyon getting involved with this nutjob, but what the heck do the other 3 members in the SOS Brigade even see in her?! Can you honestly tell me that this whole plot about Kyon being warned by Koizumi to do whatever Haruhi wants to keep the world from going to destruction? If that's the case, then the world wouldn't be having idiots for rulers to begin with. Thats a stupid plot! Especially that repetitive endless 8 Arc where they play the same stupid episode 8 times in different clothing. My glob, this is a waste of space worse than pointless anime fillers.

But yeah, Haruhi Suzumiya is THE reason why I began to hate a few tsunderes out there. Asuka was my first to hate, but not my primary reason for hating those tsudere. Because back then when I last saw her, she's not too bad, but too good in terms of coping with people. I was also gonna say Louise was my reason, but...ok you know what? F**K HER TO DEATH! She may not be my reason, but she is my biggest b***h of an insult to injury for that reason to me.
starwarriorrobbyAug 7, 2013 7:58 PM
Feb 20, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
First tsundere I saw was Asuka in NGE, and she pissed me off. Next was that girl in Nichijou who would always shoot her crush with rocket launchers, which was marginally more tolerable than calling him names and slapping him. Then I watched Toradora and SAO and realized that I just don't like them.
Feb 22, 2013 5:19 PM

Apr 2009
MetaKlonoa said:
First tsundere I saw was Asuka in NGE, and she pissed me off. Next was that girl in Nichijou who would always shoot her crush with rocket launchers, which was marginally more tolerable than calling him names and slapping him. Then I watched Toradora and SAO and realized that I just don't like them.

Well, Asuna in SAO didn't seem too bad as a tsundere. She's not as annoying, bratty or an abusive b-bag like the many few we know before. Toradora, I can't say for sure yet, but it did seem like they tone down on Taiga, but gave Ryuji some balls to stand up to her unlike a few other guy characters that are pervy idiots, too innocent and mature to step up.
Feb 24, 2013 8:38 AM

Sep 2012
starwarriorrobby said:
MetaKlonoa said:

Well, Asuna in SAO didn't seem too bad as a tsundere. She's not as annoying, bratty or an abusive b-bag like the many few we know before. Toradora, I can't say for sure yet, but it did seem like they tone down on Taiga, but gave Ryuji some balls to stand up to her unlike a few other guy characters that are pervy idiots, too innocent and mature to step up.

I didn't actually think Asuna was poorly done, but I still disliked her. Same goes for Taiga. And both shows go for physical humor with them, which I just tend to roll my eyes at for whatever reason.
Feb 24, 2013 11:53 PM

Apr 2009
MetaKlonoa said:
starwarriorrobby said:
MetaKlonoa said:

I didn't actually think Asuna was poorly done, but I still disliked her. Same goes for Taiga. And both shows go for physical humor with them, which I just tend to roll my eyes at for whatever reason.

hmm, that kind of physical humor around those tsundere did seem like it might have been predictable in these shows.
Jul 6, 2013 5:41 PM

Nov 2009
Depois de perceber que as "Tsunderes normais", só se ferravam e Tsunderes filhas da puta se davam bem, comecei a odiar ambos os jeitos.
Apr 25, 2015 1:26 PM
Aug 2014
always hated them
Dec 11, 2016 9:44 PM
Aug 2014
Rewenger said:
I was always freaked out by those arrogant, unreasonable and stupid girls that probably don't get a good punch in their face JUST because they are girls. This hate originated from Toradora and Shakugan no Shana. And no matter what anime I watch, I get the feeling like those creatures are everywhere. So this hate is still developing during all those years.

i agree and if the guy hits them back the guy will be called the abuser i hate tsunderes of both genders but i hate females more because they can abuse guys and get away with it
Feb 6, 2019 11:28 PM
Sep 2012
at first i did not know what tsundere was but i never liked abuse then i saw louise and i dropped it i dont get why she has so many fans
Jun 1, 2019 9:21 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty much since Asuka and Akane, yep. I can tolerate some tsundere, but not THAT much...
Jan 7, 2021 2:41 AM

Apr 2009
OK, so it's been a LONG time since I talk about this, but years ago, I found one anime that TOTALLY scarred me for life and got me paranoid towards modern anime and hate tsundere more than ever. The anime is called Oreimo, and the biggest and WORST tsundere I've ever seen in my life, Kirino. Oh my god, I hated that anime so much. Not only because of that insufferable mary-sue, but also because of how that anime encourages incest so much. It's FREAKIN' DISGUSTING! And if that wasn't enough, there's Kirino's masochistic brother of hers. He is SO pathetic and SO stupid, I don't believe. EVERYONE in Oreimo calls both of them out for their BS, yet nothing is done about it. They still go on with the incest. After season, I was pushed off the edge and l most quit anime. Especially after knowing the fact that there are PEOPLE that ACTUALLY liked Oreimo and would simp and defend it like nothing else; and that the same HACK creator of Oreimo is doing another incest series and more anime followed suit. It's literally the WORST I've ever had to deal with. Worse than Zero no Tsukaima, and worse than Haruhi Suzumiya. And I avoided most modern anime like the plague since then. Because, I knew that after one bad anime, they wanna add in more that becomes worse than the last. Worse tsunderes, worse masochistic idiots, worse isekais, worse incest and so on. It's madness, man!
*sighs* That's about all I can say. I forgot to mention that years ago, because Ii was so busy and alot has happened since I made that last reply. Plus, I was worried that I would run into the very few bullies that would most likely to attack me for hating Oreimo from experience and justified reasons. Not to mention, that I got lured into that name because of a stupid bandwagon. Nobody shuts up about this one. Not even that tsundere simp, Gigguk. But yeah, that's whole update on this one, even if its years late on that.
Mar 28, 2021 1:33 AM

Mar 2012
It's actually a tsundere boy that started my hate for tsunderes. Wolfram von Bielefeld from Kyo Kara Maoh pissed me off so much with his over the top jealous and violent behavior, he was the first tsundere I hated with a passion. Then I started to notice a trend of similar characteristics in other characters and the worst thing was that these characters received more attention from both their creators as well as fans and it annoyed me so much.
Mar 5, 2022 1:42 AM
Mar 2022
i was never a fan of tsundere characters i cant stand how they always act rude and beat up the person they love but louise made me hate them so much i mean not all are bad but i cant stand them
Mar 5, 2022 1:42 AM
Mar 2022
i was never a fan of tsundere characters i cant stand how they always act rude and beat up the person they love but louise made me hate them so much i mean not all are bad but i cant stand them
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» whos the most nice tsundere

boa555 - Dec 13, 2015

4 by BurntBurrito »»
Oct 22, 2022 7:33 AM

» What kind of anime girls do you like? (Obviously not tsunderes)

EternalTears - Aug 14, 2010

24 by ZetaSoujiro »»
Jun 1, 2019 9:24 PM

» list of tsunderes

eiskalt - Dec 12, 2008

13 by princessakura »»
Feb 6, 2019 11:31 PM

» Rie Kugimiya

EternalTears - Nov 26, 2010

14 by princessakura »»
Feb 6, 2019 11:23 PM

» What Do You Dislike About Tsunderes?

Icy_Auron - Dec 7, 2009

20 by princessakura »»
Feb 6, 2019 11:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.