Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2008 3:24 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, I can't believe Lady Une is still alive XD
Damn, why didn't Zechs fire at Ms. eyebrows :/
Dec 5, 2008 7:28 AM
Nov 2007
I couldn't believe it too at first... Torino didn't direct this gundam serie I think XD
Sep 6, 2009 5:53 PM

Aug 2008
I think I'm tsundere for Lady Une! I was actually glad to see the psychopath alive and well.

Wufei is slightly more tolerable when he's not being an obstinate d*ck. I can understand if a character wants to be a loner, but he's just a suicidal bonehead. The idea of taking a battered Gundam in near defenseless spaceship is ludicrous. Glad Heero loaned him Wing Zero to shut him up.
Aug 7, 2011 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
Huh? I was under the impression that Lady Une had already appeared a few episodes back, on that recap next to Treize just before they showed Epyon.

Treize wants to overthrow the Earth Alliance, Romefeller agrees. Duke Dermail makes Treize step down and wants to rule everything, Romefeller agrees. Relena wants them to drop their weapons and take a pacifist instance, Romefeller agrees. Treize is back and wants to wage war, Romefeller agrees. What a manipulable bunch.
Jan 21, 2012 9:20 AM

May 2008
So Lady Une is really alive.... hmmm, I don't know if I should be happy or angry about it :/

WuFei was actually useful this time. What a rare moment~
Jun 11, 2012 4:12 AM
Jul 2018

Target Earth! Hah! What the heck!?
And Dorothy. She's planning something~
I'm glad that WuFei joined. Now all Gundam pilots are united.
Jul 14, 2012 3:56 PM
Mar 2012
i had hoped I wouldn't have to see Lady Une ever again :(
Dec 28, 2012 7:57 AM

Sep 2010
sayami said:

WuFei was actually useful this time. What a rare moment~

I was in shock too. xD

I'm actually glad Lady Une is alive sure I wanted her to die at first since I thought she was a bitch then when I learned more about her I started to warm up to her character. Even though I know she didn't die I still felt a bit upset at the thought. I really liked that scene with her and Treize in the hospital.

Dorothy is becoming more like Katejina kill that eyebrowed bitch with fire someone please. -__-
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 12, 2013 12:30 PM
Jan 2013
Nobody actually dies in this show...
Dec 28, 2013 12:22 PM

Jun 2012
Lady Une's death was too good to be true. I hope she never wakes up!

Dorothy is a b*tch, I never know what she's planning. Probably she is just a psycho

Nice fight, Wu Fei. I thnk he should die, his personality is as pathetic as Heero, but at least Heero manages to be a little likable.
Jan 8, 2014 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
Damn! I was hoping he'd blow up eyebrows! She's nothing but a sick spectators who fetishizes war and only wants to be where she can have the best view of the action. Despicable.

So Zechs has turned into a "destroy the earth" type villain? How the hell did he come to the conclusion that this was the best course to take? Maybe I'm over thinking this and the writers are just trying to come up with a lame excuse for a big final battle where all of the Gundams are on the same side
Love and Peace!!!
Jan 12, 2014 9:29 PM

Jul 2009
another excellent episode :)

Lady Une is alive!! and what the hell Nichol was in the Barge? we didn't see him there on the Barge when it was destroyed by Zechs.

and Lady Une was shown in the shadows behind Trieze when he surrendered his rank to the Romenfeller. unless it's one of his imagination.

seeing Zechs and Treize with this big speeches, it's obviously that both will end up destroying each other :(

Wufei being reckless and stupid AGAIN. seriously, do you want to do a kamikaze? he even inspired someone to do a suicide move towards the enemy. Wufei is such a bad influence XD

Wufei using Gundam Wing Zero! looks like every pilot now has been able to use Gundam Wing Zero besides Trowa.

i have a feeling that Wufei will have a revenge match with Treize in the near future. Heero will definitely face Zechs to finally end their rivalry.

Dorothy is gutsy for going head alone towards Zechs. and yeah i think i already remember her saying the same speech when Dorothy first met Zechs on the early episodes.

i wonder what will Relena do now?? go to Zechs directly? he might fire to you without any hesitation.
Apr 4, 2014 11:27 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Thund3r1 said:
Damn! I was hoping he'd blow up eyebrows! She's nothing but a sick spectators who fetishizes war and only wants to be where she can have the best view of the action. Despicable.

So Zechs has turned into a "destroy the earth" type villain? How the hell did he come to the conclusion that this was the best course to take? Maybe I'm over thinking this and the writers are just trying to come up with a lame excuse for a big final battle where all of the Gundams are on the same side

Pretty much everything I wanted to say. Not seeing how what Dorothy said made Zechs change his mind about killing her. And yes Zechs, a war to end all wars...not sure how that's going to turn out, or even why you asked the whole Earth to be eliminated. As if anyone will comply to that.

Also, I really don't care for Lady Une. Sorry, but I never really saw the chemistry between her and Trieze, I rolled my eyes at the scene when Trieze was talking to Lady Une who is in a coma (thank goodness). I gotta say though, she's really pretty. Too bad the majority of the time she had her hair up in that atrocious hairstyle and wore her glasses.
May 20, 2014 8:44 PM
Aug 2011
Ugh Wufei and Dorothy are so insolent. I just want to slap them.
This is making the annoying characters in Zeta look like pure gold...
Jun 28, 2015 2:28 PM

Dec 2008
How in the hell do you demand that the Earth be eliminated from the universe? Milliardo Peacecraft has lost his mind.

EDIT: I know he's lost his mind if he's allowing that annoying Dorothy to be by his side. YUCK!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaJun 28, 2015 2:32 PM
Sep 26, 2015 1:27 AM

Aug 2013
Oh it's Lady Une and Nichol!

Dorothy is the best. Her eyebrows will rule the world.
Apr 9, 2016 5:21 AM

May 2009
And, by chance, that Treize gives in to your "reasonable demand", how in the hell can he eliminate the Earth from the universe, eh Milliardo? I don't see how your "a war to end all wars" plan would actually end all wars.
Jan 1, 2017 10:06 PM

Dec 2014
I just wanna say that everyone in this forum has been completely fooled by the show.

In reality, everything is going to plan- except it's not Treize's plan. It's not Dorothy's plan, or Wufei's or Heero's or any of the Gundam pilots really. Not the White Fang either.

...well, techincally I lied. I'm pretty sure that this whole war thing is a huge-ass setup by Treize and Milliardo.
My reasoning? A single line from the episode, when Milliardo's talking aloud in the moments before he starts preaching to the colonies.
He says, "Our actions don't reflect our personalities, do they, Treize."

And then later in the episode Dorothy's talking about how no-one understands what the Lightning Count of many names and possible motives is up to. But when she says "this will be the war to end all wars", Zechs tells the crew not to shoot her and takes her under his wing. There was a similar scene with Treize as well, where he was talking about how grand this whole thing was gonna be and how he wished Lady Une could be there to see it.

And in the middle of that, he says he wants Relena to be the leader of the future world. Not quite the exact words, but the general gist.

THIS WHOLE WAR IS A SETUP, TO FURTHER TREIZE'S GOALS. HE AND ZECHS ARE GONNA RIP APART THE WORLD WITH WAR A LA CELESTIAL BEING, AND THEN RELENA WILL BE THE BIG PACIFIST LEADER WHO EVERYONE REALIZED WAS RIGHT- AND THEY'LL ALL FOLLOW HER INTO THE FUTURE, A TRUE FUTURE.

RELENA IS A PAWN. HEERO IS A PAWN- HELL, ALL THE GUNDAM PILOTS AND THEIR ALLIES ARE PAWNS. EVERY NAMED CHARACTER NOT CURRENTLY ALLIED WITH ZECHS OR TREIZE IS NOW A ROOK, BISHOP OR KNIGHT IN THE CHESS GAME OF THE WORLD. AND NOW THE TWO KINGS (AND QUEENS) HAVE ALLIED TO END THE WAR ONCE AND FOR ALL.

THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS THE TRUTH IS DOROTHY. DOROTHY, THE BITCH WITH THE LONG EYEBROWS, FIGURED OUT WHAT WAS GOING ON BEFORE ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE SHE WASN'T AFRAID OF THE WAR- SHE WAS LOOKING STRAIGHT INTO IT TO FIND THE TRUTH WITHIN. WUFEI HAS ALMOST REACHED THE ANSWER TOO, THANKS TO THE ZERO SYSTEM- HE KNOWS WHO HIS TRUE ENEMIES ARE, ZECHS AND TREIZE. HE KNOWS WHO HIS ALLIES ARE. HE JUST DOESN'T KNOW WHY.

UNLESS the Gundam pilots can figure out the truth and stop the past from repeating itself, with them being used as pawns to further individual ambitions, it's not going to be a single plane destroyed but the world as they know it.
Apr 28, 2017 5:46 AM

Apr 2009
Lady Une has a giant plot armor.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2017 3:26 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
EPIC how the strong-minded Wu Fei got to pilot Wing Zero. I liked seeing how he can handle the evil system of Wing Zero with his strong sense of justice and right path and he got to see his future.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 29, 2017 3:21 PM
Aug 2017
At last! Team Gundam Wing is united!
Now go! Take Zechs out! He's lost his good damn mind!!!!
Aug 29, 2017 4:00 PM
Aug 2017
Gundam Wing takes place 200 years after Mobile Suit Gundam.
Apr 7, 2018 12:39 PM

Mar 2018
I like Lady Une, so I'm glad she's alive.
Apr 19, 2019 7:05 PM

Aug 2008
Une is alive, how surprising, not.

Zechs has become a Bond villain and wants to destroy the Earth. Because of course that will solve all problems and the colonists will never start a war amongst themselves... riiiiiiiiight?

Heero with Sally and Wu Fei who has given up his childish foot stomping loner behavior. Heero didn't say Relena's name once. Probably going through withdrawal symptoms.

"Relena".

Who after being thrown on her butt is now in space where she believes only she can stop her bother Zechs. Well if the plot says so.
Oct 1, 2019 9:45 AM

Jun 2015
Another person changing point of view all of a sudden because "Wing Zero told them". Ah lazy writing...
Apr 4, 2020 4:13 PM
Dec 2015
I don't know what to think of Dorothy
Mar 1, 2021 2:28 AM

Sep 2017
Am I the only one who like Dorothy?
Apr 26, 2021 2:57 PM

Apr 2016
I was on board for the White Fang to defend the colonies from OZ, but Zechs lost me at the part where he said "we should kill hundreds of millions of earth people because we're superior!".
Nov 21, 2021 7:55 AM

Oct 2013
Zechs became plain racist lmao
Apr 13, 2022 7:51 PM

Jul 2020
Wow, I have so many thoughts that it's honestly giving me a headache. Everyone is making such terrible choices, and it's infuriating to watch.

Ultimate Asshat Treize Khushrenada and his psychotic girlfriend, Lady Une, are back with full force. I knew that they would be, but it's still so upsetting to see. I cannot stand either of them. And—at least at this point—everything is playing out exactly like Treize always wanted it to. What a mess. Also, I understand Relena's acceptance of being ousted, but can she not see how everyone is just using her as a pawn? No one has fully jumped on board with her total pacifism idea, and I doubt they ever will. Her assertion that she is the ONLY person able to bring Milliardo/Zechs back to his senses doesn't make any sense to me either. I mean it will probably work given how this show is, but the only thing she's done successfully thus far is forming her borderline obsessive bond with Heero that makes it impossible for him to go through with killing her.

It was interesting to see Wu Fei actually have an impact on things for once. He's still acting like a total lunatic though. I'm not sure how we as the audience were supposed to feel about that Treize fanboy's decision to turn on everyone whilst sacrificing his own life. That felt slightly out of place. It also appears that Wu Fei's had the least negative experience while piloting a mind-corrupting suit. Good for him?

Ugh, Zechs has legitimately lost his mind though. We really can't introduce a whole "space colonists are superior to Earthlings" storyline with less than 10 episodes remaining. And I figured he wouldn't, but I desperately wish he had killed Miss Dorothy Eyebrows. It's what she deserves. I still cannot believe he let her on board. This is a true recipe for disaster.
survivor_girlApr 13, 2022 8:07 PM
May 25, 2023 2:43 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Gundan Wings is the ilumination of the Gundam´s pilots!!! kekeke
Nov 3, 2023 3:51 AM

Jul 2017
This is just painful to watch, glad it's almost endend
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

» The “Shojo” of Gundam?

FuunsaikiStar - Apr 2

3 by deg »»
Apr 2, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 39 Discussion

aero - Dec 1, 2008

27 by Neemesis_2 »»
Mar 14, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 30 Discussion

aero - Nov 30, 2008

25 by Gex88 »»
Mar 8, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Dec 1, 2008

50 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 25, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 48 Discussion

aero - Dec 1, 2008

23 by Neemesis_2 »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.