Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2008 10:55 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heero, hurry up and get your Gundam back...
Dec 1, 2008 2:10 AM
Nov 2007
Heero without his Gundam - Lost XD
Jul 2, 2009 6:45 AM
Jun 2009
Aries + 01 beam cannon = dead dolls.
Aug 5, 2009 8:12 PM

Aug 2008
Looks like we're moving towards more meaningful battles. Because lately it's been a lot faction on faction action. I didn't even think an Aries could handle Wing's beam cannon. I have to admit that I like the Virgos though. Damn effective grunt suits.
Jan 29, 2010 6:03 AM

Jul 2009
JJD said:
Heero without his Gundam - Lost XD

same thought here. I enjoyed these episode even if it wasn't so Gundam-ish

Jun 30, 2010 5:44 AM
May 2010
What's up with Relena's expression at the end?
Jan 20, 2011 1:24 AM

Aug 2009
Heero without his Gundam --> REALLY LOST. xD

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Aug 6, 2011 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
I like how Sanc Kingdom seems to be populated by women only. Then Heero and Quatre had to come and ruin everything.

Anti-war episode and pacifism idiocy, what else.
Aug 8, 2011 6:10 PM

May 2008
Finally the reunion~
Dec 11, 2012 2:49 AM

Jan 2011
dsf said:
What's up with Relena's expression at the end?

She's in love, derp.
Dec 18, 2012 3:53 AM

Sep 2010
Heero sucks without his Gundam. xD

Yay Relena finally reunites with Heero. Glad she has been getting more screentime as of late.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 9, 2013 10:37 PM

Nov 2011
19 more episodes left. I don't think I've enjoyed anything but pointing out what I can of the endless flaws. It's like the writers don't even care! I'll finish it, though. I just have to find out Treize's motivation for his actions. He interests me more than the Char rip-off (who is a decent character but pales in the endless depths of Char Aznable's intrigue). :<

I love Mobile Suit Gundam and Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam even more. I thought Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam didn't fit in with its out-of-place comedy, but at least it existed in the same universe! Wing wasn't written by Tomino and hasn't had any of the nuances of the franchise: only one rather insignificant slap, no Newtypes(?!), and the 'war is bad' theme is only expounded through talking heads instead of the actual tragic war events especially evident in Zeta. All the fighting seems really detached from this theme and has little value due to the lack of risk or attention to details. It seems at least 90% of people given names will survive, and no civilians or property will be damaged through the course of the "war". Maybe things will make a major shift in tone like ZZ did, but I don't see that happening. I mean, a missile flew off and hit a church steeple and STIRRED UP DUST. Later, you could see a BLACK MARK WHERE IT GOT HIT. Are you SERIOUS? And that's like every single battle, too...

I can't express my hatred for the main cast enough. Five gundams are way too many for any point in history, especially existing on the same side. It's justified by the bishie boyband cast it creates. Their hair is ridiculously styled for war. Usually, longer hairstyles bother me in a war setting because it would get in the way too often, but piloting a spacecraft is slightly different than being a foot-soldier. Their bangs are beyond understanding, however. It bothers me that they wear their boyband tight pants and muscle shirts in the midst of fully-uniformed soldiers or even in battle in space.

They're dark, hypocritical, and far too suicidal. Most of them are not at all personable. Duo is at least goofy and flirtatious which are personality traits, but he still isn't likable. I misheard "Winner" as "Wynyrd" initially and think that name describes him perfectly. Waifu or whatever the one who greatly resembles Justin Timberlake is named is beyond arrogant and prejudiced. Heero is Hamlet perfectly: watches hot girls from shadowy rooftops while giving a monologue on the pointlessness of life and wears dark colors because it's "cool". I didn't like him as a main character when SHAKESPEARE wrote it. =_= Relena is not as bad as she started out, but I feel she exists just to make Zechs resemble Char more.

Oh, there is just so much more to it. So much WRONG. Now I understand why all my female friends who are into hard-core shipping and yaoi like Gundam Wing! For a "war anime", the only appeal this show has so far is an attractive cast of bishies. I don't even find any of them attractive even ever so slightly. =_= Where is my rich Gundam filled with war and tragedy and horror and history and politics? Even if it's not that good, it sure isn't this!
Jan 3, 2014 6:52 AM

Jul 2009
another ace episode :)

finally Akio Otsuka is back as the narrator!

Dorothy seems to be challenging Relena's total pacifism. and yes Relena knows that she may appear naive for thinking such peace can be granted just through petty talks, but it's basically the safest thing they can do. what are you gonna do fight till the end? we all know that war will keep going no matter how many battles it occurs. so even though it's naive to be doing this, at least they're avoiding conflicts and casualties this way despite being vulnerable to an attack any day.

it's weird to see Heero Yuy recruited in the Treize faction just like that. i guess when it comes to war sides changes in an instant. the new mobile suit dolls has the system of Mercurius and Vayeate. Mercurius sheild and Vayeate's rifle beam. Heero Yuy actually did good in the battle and still managed to hold on, a normal soldier would have died in battle.

and yes, Gundam Zero's beam cannon can pretty much destroy the dolls that easily! heck if they gotten Wing Zero's beam cannon, the battle would have been over in an instance.

and finally Heero Yuy and Relena reunites!! her expression in the end is just a maiden girl being fascinated with someone. it's been awhile since they last met you know. though i do wonder why she needed to advert her eyes like that XD

as for the haters above. you do know that Gundam Wing is not trying to become the original series at ALL do you? if that's the case might as well call this Mobile Suit GUndam 2.0 for all we care.

you do know that Romenfeller is trying to act as the good guys by not hurting the civilians so they could win them that way? sure civilian casualties are still inevitable, but they're still showing people dying left and right so what's the problem?

lol someone's complaining that 5 Gundams are too much, yet a single Gundam changing the history of the WORLD is perfectly normal.

and longer hairstyles? lol who the fuck cares? why should you care if they have their own style? their not soldiers, they're basically normal people who got called into war because someone needed to stop an organization from controlling the world.

it's also funny that Char has a longer 80s look hair, yet it's totally perfectly fine in the military since it's not a bishounen look. that's just funny as hell LOL.

and no Newtypes? are you fucking kidding me? Newtypes are just a lazy way of saying "i'm an overpowered soldier, i can do the fuck i want" characters. i'm glad Heero Yuy is not one since it shows he's just a natural and excellent pilot that can stand to toe to them without relying to this BS archetype.

not written by the original creator? doesn't take place in UC? doesn't have the themes of the original? it has too many pilots? maybe this series is not trying to become like the original one!! *GASP!

seriously all these complains above are just nick pickings and trying to compare it to the first series. guess what? this is not part of the original series nor it's trying to become that way.

and you know what? i'm glad Gundam Wing has its own thing and not trying to become a clone of the original one. i prefer this than the original series and it does a better job portraying what things can happen in war. even if some things are naive like the only way to achieve peace is through talk, 5 gundams trying to change the world(as if a single pilot is even better). at least they're bringing perspectives on what could happen in war.

lol if people are so infatuated with the original series, then maybe you should drop this and stick to that series -__-

i appreciate what the Mobile Suit Gundam brought to the table, but the series is a highly overrated one and is not without any flaws. plus the fanbase are bunch of elitist douchebags trying to compare it to whatever new Gundam series appear.

oh well that's my rant. i'll be enjoying the next episodes thank you very much ^^
Feb 25, 2014 10:46 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Heero needs his Gundam back ASAP :/

Wow can Dorothy get anymore annoying? People want to fight so they fight! I don't care about the results of war! Oh really...I would like you to go fight in the war and die then. What a BS rationale. Let's say even if humans are born with the instinct to fight (which obviously ain't true since we've got this thing called fight or flight response meaning we sometimes instinctively run away), that doesn't mean that we should give into our desires to fight. This girl is crazy. And even then, Relena knows that pacifism is idealistic and will not/be almost impossible to carry out, she still wants to go through with it. Hmm I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore lol, except that atm Dorothy is pushing my buttons.
Jul 23, 2014 9:44 AM

Jun 2014
Cathedral said:
19 more episodes left. I don't think I've enjoyed anything but pointing out what I can of the endless flaws. It's like the writers don't even care! I'll finish it, though. I just have to find out Treize's motivation for his actions. He interests me more than the Char rip-off (who is a decent character but pales in the endless depths of Char Aznable's intrigue). :<

I love Mobile Suit Gundam and Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam even more. I thought Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam didn't fit in with its out-of-place comedy, but at least it existed in the same universe! Wing wasn't written by Tomino and hasn't had any of the nuances of the franchise: only one rather insignificant slap, no Newtypes(?!), and the 'war is bad' theme is only expounded through talking heads instead of the actual tragic war events especially evident in Zeta. All the fighting seems really detached from this theme and has little value due to the lack of risk or attention to details. It seems at least 90% of people given names will survive, and no civilians or property will be damaged through the course of the "war". Maybe things will make a major shift in tone like ZZ did, but I don't see that happening. I mean, a missile flew off and hit a church steeple and STIRRED UP DUST. Later, you could see a BLACK MARK WHERE IT GOT HIT. Are you SERIOUS? And that's like every single battle, too...

I can't express my hatred for the main cast enough. Five gundams are way too many for any point in history, especially existing on the same side. It's justified by the bishie boyband cast it creates. Their hair is ridiculously styled for war. Usually, longer hairstyles bother me in a war setting because it would get in the way too often, but piloting a spacecraft is slightly different than being a foot-soldier. Their bangs are beyond understanding, however. It bothers me that they wear their boyband tight pants and muscle shirts in the midst of fully-uniformed soldiers or even in battle in space.

They're dark, hypocritical, and far too suicidal. Most of them are not at all personable. Duo is at least goofy and flirtatious which are personality traits, but he still isn't likable. I misheard "Winner" as "Wynyrd" initially and think that name describes him perfectly. Waifu or whatever the one who greatly resembles Justin Timberlake is named is beyond arrogant and prejudiced. Heero is Hamlet perfectly: watches hot girls from shadowy rooftops while giving a monologue on the pointlessness of life and wears dark colors because it's "cool". I didn't like him as a main character when SHAKESPEARE wrote it. =_= Relena is not as bad as she started out, but I feel she exists just to make Zechs resemble Char more.

Oh, there is just so much more to it. So much WRONG. Now I understand why all my female friends who are into hard-core shipping and yaoi like Gundam Wing! For a "war anime", the only appeal this show has so far is an attractive cast of bishies. I don't even find any of them attractive even ever so slightly. =_= Where is my rich Gundam filled with war and tragedy and horror and history and politics? Even if it's not that good, it sure isn't this!

The original Gundam is awful, so is Zeta, went back and watched them not too long ago, stupid story and awful characters, also Char gets too much praise, the guy is a dumbass and his actin through out the series are moronic.
Nov 5, 2014 9:13 PM

Jul 2011
Actually interesting to read all this dispute on which gundam is better this or the original. I'm actually watching Gundam Wing and Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 (the original) alongside each other right now. Obviously since I'm posting here I just finished episode 30 of gundam wing, but I'm also done the first 15 episodes of the original now. And, I'll be 100 percent honest, and this is without any bias, since the only gundam I have seen is gundam 00 (which I thought was an 8/10 at most, since it was not bad enough to deserve lower than that, but it wasent really all that good either...its kind of like gundam wing in a lot of ways except its not afraid to kill off characters which I like) other than gundam seed which I only saw a bit of as a kid.

I'll be honest in saying I'm enjoying gundam wing more for how ridiculous the dialogue and situations are than for it actually being good. I enjoy Heero telling everyone he will kill them and than not actually doing shit to them, and I enjoy how terrible everyone is at showing there emotions through there voice (I'm watching the English dub by the way) It's all really cheesy and I enjoy it just for that. I know I'm enjoying it for the wrong reasons, but at least I'm enjoying it. Story/plot wise as well as the characters, I think it's pretty awful. It's not interesting in the slightest, and everyone is kind of shit-tier, I only really like Noin, Treize and Zechs. Out of the main five however, I actually slightly like Duo.

Anyways, I think the original is outstanding thus far. I can actually recommend the English dub more than the Japanese version, since the English dub was dubbed in 2001 instead of the 80's like the original Japanese version. The dub is actually really good! And way better than the gundam wing dub that's for sure. Which is shocking since this is the original gundam I'm talking about. I also like the characters a lot more, I think they actually have more personality than in wing. Even if it's "dated" as some people say, I think it really stands the test of time. I think it deserves a 10/10 thus far (15 episodes) And I can't wait to see where it goes.

Anyways, back to wing. Or I guess this episode in particular. Kinda a cool episode, I absolutely love Releena's reaction to Heero at the end. That's about all I will comment on regarding the episode.

3.5/5 episode I guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2016 10:09 PM

Aug 2015
It was actually pretty scary when the Virgos were marching through the smoke and all you could see was their face lights. Good to have some enemies that aren't total jobbers for once, not including heavy hitters like the Tallgeese. I know that if I was in a Leo and saw that whole line of Virgos marching towards me, I'd definitely be shitting my pants.
Aug 28, 2017 8:06 PM
Aug 2017
The Destined reunion!
Apr 16, 2019 12:05 PM

Aug 2008
Is "I love war" supposed to be a proper counterargument to Relena and her pacifism? Beacause its not. It could be much more nuanced and instead Wing has a bloodthirsty teenage girl to oppose an ignorant pacifist.
Aug 5, 2019 8:32 AM

Jun 2015
Jesus Christ, why is the pace of this anime so slow.
Sep 16, 2020 11:45 PM

Sep 2014
These last two episodes have been really good
Something eyebrows girl said makes me think that
Feb 28, 2021 12:45 PM

Sep 2017
I love Dorothy bros. <3
Mar 1, 2021 3:27 AM

Sep 2017
Cathedral said:
no Newtypes(?!)!

GOOD, I fucking hate Newtypes and their asspull space magic shit in my hard Sci_Fi Mecha anime.
Apr 15, 2023 9:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Heero and Quatre found their way in the Earth!!!

Relana smile, it hasn´t prize!!! kekeke
Oct 31, 2023 2:19 AM

Jul 2017
So the Sanc Kingdom is now the center of the story, i hope to see Zechs now.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Mar 8, 10:54 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Nyx_Yuren
Cathedral said:

The original Gundam is awful, so is Zeta, went back and watched them not too long ago, stupid story and awful characters, also Char gets too much praise, the guy is a dumbass and his actin through out the series are moronic.
@Nyx_Yuren You just don't like Gundam, Mr. Dead-Account.

More topics from this board

» The “Shojo” of Gundam?

FuunsaikiStar - Apr 2

3 by deg »»
Apr 2, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 39 Discussion

aero - Dec 1, 2008

27 by Neemesis_2 »»
Mar 14, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Dec 1, 2008

50 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 25, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 48 Discussion

aero - Dec 1, 2008

23 by Neemesis_2 »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:05 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Episode 47 Discussion

aero - Dec 1, 2008

15 by Neemesis_2 »»
Nov 4, 2023 3:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.