Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 25, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2011
KingLear said:
This was awesome. Gintoki goes berserk while remembering his sensei = epicness! It's just too bad the arc will end next week, so I suppose re-runs take place again...? Nevertheless, I can't wait for the finale.
they only said the arc would climax next week, climax isnt the same as ending, hell yoshiwara, 4 Divas, and red spider all reach their climax on the episode before the final ep of the arc.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 25, 2013 11:38 AM

Jan 2013
like the new(?) bgm when gintoki meets oboro! i suppose there will be more 2 episodes to finish this arc...probably.
and zura can't show up in this arc because he is a jouishishi, that will change the whole thing which looking for suzuran's lover in the beginning.
Jan 25, 2013 2:01 PM

Sep 2012
Beasts. nuff said.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 25, 2013 2:26 PM

Jun 2010
KaiserNazrin said:
Birondo said:
this ep is flawLESS!
is that what i think it is? hash life.. :(

but where's sakamoto?

Sakamoto wasn't one of Shoyo student, he just joined the war at some point so he is not necessary in the flashback.

i see...i've alway thought he's one of shoyo student...guess i'm wrong xD
Jan 25, 2013 10:35 PM

Nov 2012
Yet another great episode
I want Kagura's bulletproof umbrella lol
omg, Oboro has Kakashi's voice
Shinsengumi and Mimawarigumi for the next episode
Gintama is overpowered now that it has Kugimiya, Hirano and Tomokazu all in a same episode
Jan 26, 2013 3:58 AM
Jan 2013
omg this episode is epic this is now one of my favorite arcs
Jan 26, 2013 11:21 AM

Sep 2011
Holy mother of god, that was fucking awesome.
Jan 26, 2013 11:30 AM
Jul 2012
http://puu.sh/1T0KS
DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE
Jan 26, 2013 2:01 PM

Dec 2007
NEED.TO.WATCH.THIS.AGAIN....(tomorrow, to resurrect my brain) @.@

I was getting kinda irritated when there was no new episode for weeks, and was asking myself if there is any hope for it....But now I know...It was worthy every fuckin' week missed. This episode was beyond imaginable successful and amazing!!! It got my jaw hanging for a whole 20 minutes.

Oh and not to forget...Psycho Ginn~ need.more.of.this.shit~

edit:I never imagined that Gintama can get this serious o.O
Jan 26, 2013 2:02 PM

Feb 2010
Loved every second of the episode it was EPIC.Gintoki is freaking demon.
Jan 26, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2011
Oh gawd, the results of the poll
Jan 26, 2013 4:51 PM

Jan 2013
OMG most awesome episode untill now from this year, absolutely loved it. I'm like overly excited. First there was the awesome fight with Natsu, then an awesome episode Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT (3rd ep)... And now this epic show, can't wait for the next episodes. Also here are some awesome snapshots :)

Jan 26, 2013 8:16 PM

Mar 2012
ao_no_exo said:
OMG most awesome episode untill now from this year, absolutely loved it. I'm like overly excited. First there was the awesome fight with Natsu, then an awesome episode Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT (3rd ep)... And now this epic show, can't wait for the next episodes. Also here are some awesome snapshots :)

Wait wait there was a Fairy Tail reference? Where? o_o

I dont tell me its when Kagura just shot back that cannon..

Boaz said:
Where did you guys watch this episode????

Google.com

Seriously, its common sense...

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 27, 2013 2:42 AM

Jan 2013
Deathraver said:
ao_no_exo said:

Wait wait there was a Fairy Tail reference? Where? o_o

I dont tell me its when Kagura just shot back that cannon..

Oh lol, sorry for that. No, I just watched those 3 animes in that order. So it was an awesome night for me, as all 3 were absolutely amazing. But Gintama was epic.
Jan 27, 2013 7:35 AM

Jul 2010
Music @ 14:37, battle scenes, Inoue-san, and Gin coughing blood. Nuff said :)
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jan 27, 2013 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Arumaru said:
Is it just me or does this episode has more action than the benizakura-hen?

I think so too.

This episode was great as ever or even more!!!!
But I think the Flashbacks could be better. I don't know it was to me a
bit.... meh. But the Arc(epicness) it had only just begun.
NEXT WEEK will be AWESOME^^
Jan 27, 2013 9:21 AM

Oct 2012
i was hoping if there will be a bit of romance between tsukoyo and gintoki.. i thought they were a perfect match.

anyways, great episode! no.... PERFECT EPISODE! the battle was so intense, maybe the best serious arc in gintama right now. IMO.
Jan 27, 2013 10:08 AM
Aug 2009
okkyblight said:
i was hoping if there will be a bit of romance between tsukoyo and gintoki.. i thought they were a perfect match.

i think you need to wait a little more before that happens. But we are getting closer to that :)

okkyblight said:
anyways, great episode! no.... PERFECT EPISODE! the battle was so intense, maybe the best serious arc in gintama right now. IMO.

i think this arc can rival the yoshiwara arc so yes :)
Jan 27, 2013 11:57 AM

Mar 2007
The direction was meh, but I like this arc.
Jan 27, 2013 11:47 PM

Nov 2009
omg. i cant get enough. and please please please send some zura love my way

over 9000/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2013 5:16 AM

Apr 2009
Hybridbloodszak said:
Aw snap, a good episode but Sadsada's motives I find questionable. He says he rules the country but he's not even the Shogun anymore, we have Sho-chan and from last episode we saw him hearing how much of a dick the old man is.

Historically shoguns and emperors used to retire in order to wield more power behind the curtains. The reason was the standing shogun's decisions were usually dictated by the single most powerful family, he was kind of puppet, always under surveillance. By retiring shogun could contact with other groups, etc. It has been the rule for centuries in old Japan and caused many wars.
Jan 28, 2013 8:18 AM

Feb 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
KingLear said:
This was awesome. Gintoki goes berserk while remembering his sensei = epicness! It's just too bad the arc will end next week, so I suppose re-runs take place again...? Nevertheless, I can't wait for the finale.
they only said the arc would climax next week, climax isnt the same as ending, hell yoshiwara, 4 Divas, and red spider all reach their climax on the episode before the final ep of the arc.

You have a point, I haven't realized that. Well, it's only good to have more of this arc, since it's freaking brill.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jan 28, 2013 2:40 PM
May 2010
I can't stop saying "Uwaaa" after watching this episode for about a minute. Really, this episode give everything a Gintama fans will love.

Funny scene as usual, Gintoki's past, bad ass action, Shiro Yasha, & Shinsengumi and Mimawarigumi colllab. Not like everyone, I don't think adding Zura is a good idea. There are already so many character in this episode, adding him will make him some kind of a side character when what I wanted is to him to take the spotlight with Gintoki (imagine Zura going berserk lol~)
Jan 29, 2013 8:10 AM

May 2009
i've been waiting for this SO DAMN LONG! god i'm agitated to bones! THIS IS EPIC
THIS IS WHY I LOVE GINTAMA THIS MUCH!
Jan 30, 2013 6:46 PM

Apr 2007
I can't believe that bastard cut off the old man's other arm too! Poor guy.

It's nice to see the women kick some ass, as usual, and finally learn more about Gintoki's past. So sad ;^;
MonochromeJan 30, 2013 7:08 PM
Jan 30, 2013 6:48 PM

Jun 2007
I feel like this should be a Zura-centric arc, given they are basically doing Joui work - but he's nowhere to be seen!
Jan 31, 2013 2:31 AM

Oct 2010
And as usual, the cavalry arrives late, although in both gumi(s) defense, it's technically a tad bit earlier than what the particular trope would suggest. XD

Perhaps it's not my place to say anything about tardiness, seeing as I'm late to this discussion myself; not to mention at any moment now, the next episode thread would probably be made. XD

On a side note, since everyone (or mostly the majority) are still cock-smitten by Gintoki,well it's simply worth mentioning my interest in another possible full-time villain (who isn't under Takasugi's thumb) in Oboro. While he lacks (in) or ain't exactly "big bad" material, he makes up with his seemingly extensive knowledge of Gintoki's past, which could easily catapult his role into an instant arch nemesis of sort and not only for Gin-san, but maybe for Takasugi even.
a1onerJan 31, 2013 3:06 AM
HAPPY SCANS!
Bringing the COOL in old school!
Jan 31, 2013 5:04 PM

Sep 2011
KingLear said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
KingLear said:

You have a point, I haven't realized that. Well, it's only good to have more of this arc, since it's freaking brill.
I IS RIGHT

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 2, 2013 8:41 AM

Jul 2009
Absolutely brilliant episode. This arc is blowing me away a second time round.
Mar 21, 2013 4:57 PM

May 2012
Before Oboro showed up i was like "ehh, an alright arc i guess" but then he dropped the bombshell that is the death of Gintoki's mysterious sensei which instantly piqued my interest! Now it's automatically an awesome arc!!
Apr 17, 2013 7:24 PM

Oct 2012
That Shogun....that shogun opened the country and sold out all of those people...he also killed Gin-chan's teacher...I wonder why Gin-chan is so mad. I've been waiting for that back story for a long time now and i'm glad it's finally been brought to light. This arc might be the best of the whole series.
Apr 18, 2013 7:24 AM
Feb 2011
SteampunkDalek said:
Before Oboro showed up i was like "ehh, an alright arc i guess" but then he dropped the bombshell that is the death of Gintoki's mysterious sensei which instantly piqued my interest! Now it's automatically an awesome arc!!
Same thoughts here. Zurraaaaa, where art thou?!
Apr 22, 2013 11:32 PM

Jun 2011
Kella said:
This episode was... EPIC!! I wasn't so excited for a Gintama arc probably since the Shinsengumi Rebellion... I loved it! We finally saw a glimpse of Gintoki's past... and I'm also glad in the end Shinsengumi and Mimawarigumi entered the battle too!

Darn I was waiting for the Joui and Katsura to save their asses ): Whatever as long as I get to see him... or maybe not... ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 1, 2013 3:40 PM

Jun 2011
Amazing, I love these more serious arcs so much! Scenes and info about Gintama's past means instant 5/5 for the episode
Jun 7, 2013 3:08 AM

Apr 2012
Dude.

That was great.
Although it's kind of predictable that Gin-san will snap with Sadasada being like "I cut the old man's arm for fun" and "Shouyou, who's that?", he's reaction was still epic. It was also the first time we get to hear the last name of Shouyou, Yoshida. If some of you are interested in cultural background:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshida_Shint%C5%8D

fanty said:
The direction was meh, but I like this arc.
Direction looked fine to me. Are you comparing to the manga (which I don't read)?
Sep 10, 2013 2:44 PM

May 2012
Damn this was an awesome episode, I think we're going to see Gin-san totally in rage next, it sure was interesting to learn slightly more about his past! Either way some great development so lets see what's next!
Oct 23, 2013 9:24 PM

Dec 2012
My god!! This episode is absolutely amazing~!! So much going on!
& we learned more about Gintoki's past! ahh I had goosepumps the entire episode! also: more Shinsengumi and Mimawarigumi <3
Hopefully Zura appears...
Apr 3, 2014 1:08 AM

Jun 2012
Gintoki effortlessly cleaves his way through hundreds upon hundreds of soldiers in a feat that is so unrealistic and unbelievable that the only remotely plausible explanation is to claim that he is the incarnation of an ancient and all-powerful deity of war, and yet once he finally gets to the shogun he suddenly becomes a complete pushover in an effort to convince us that this new guy we've never met before is a 'really-bad-dude'. Let's not forget the fact that in every other scene all of the enemies around them suddenly stop trying to kill them and just sit there and stare like complete retards in order to give Gintoki and Co. a chance to start some sort of ridiculous monologue in the middle of a fucking battle!!

Now Gintoki is all fucked up with poisoned needles sticking out from every joint on his body and blood is spewing from every orifice on his face, and while this is supposed to make us feel like the situation is fucked I can almost 100% guarantee you that he's either going to overcome all of the poison and fight off the paralysis using nothing but sheer willpower, or someone is going to suddenly show up and for whatever ungodly reason they will just so happen to have an antidote handy that conveniently cures the paralysis and gets him back into the fight.

This is an example of mindless and uninspired action at its worst. It's really painful to sit through these scenes, especially since I love Gintama.
LarasoApr 3, 2014 1:18 AM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
May 26, 2014 12:33 AM

Sep 2012
Women being badass. <3

Learning more about Gintoki's past.
Dec 23, 2014 8:55 AM

Jun 2014
The three sadisteers can shut up now !

Dec 29, 2014 6:36 PM

Apr 2014
This arc got so interesting all of a sudden LOL.

...Why do they keep excluding Sakamoto in Joui flashbacks lately? Is he not that important ;v;;;;
Feb 13, 2015 12:34 PM

Oct 2014
oh shit. a damn good episode. Can't wait to see how Gintoki goes out of control and switch in the badass mode.
Mar 27, 2015 11:59 PM

Jul 2014
f**ing amazing episode
100000/5
but the ed ruined the mood
Apr 1, 2015 5:25 PM

Aug 2013
My eyes got teary when we learned about Gintoki past ;_ ;
He had lost everything... But something made him change, to become the lazy samourai he is today. I really wonder what it is. Maybe it's simply due to his sensei teaching, maybe he understood that seeking reveange is meaningless. But his arc isn't about revenge, it's about making an old man accomplish his promise.

Even if things are desesperate, Shinsengumi and Mimawarigumi have arrived to save the young ones! :D
And let's just watch Gintoki magic operate.

This arc sure is epic so far. Such intensity, and we even learned more about Gintoki past. What could I ask more?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 24, 2015 7:18 AM

Aug 2010
O.M.G. Just when I thought Gintama couldnt get more awesome, it surpasses my expectations again!!!!!! o_____O

The fighting scenes were badass and I love that trio of kagura, tsuki and nobume!!

Totally wasnt expecting this to be related to Gin's past!!! OMG

OMG this arc is JUst so awesome!!!! EPICCCCC!! I totally didnt expect this to be this serious an arc when it first started out, with Gin and that old Suzuran lady!

*mindblown*
blue-yApr 24, 2015 8:01 AM
Apr 29, 2015 9:24 AM

May 2014
Holy.. Wow.

This just went from a slightly comedic arc to flat-out one of the most serious arcs so far. Gintoki's past is something I really need to see, along with Souyo.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Oct 10, 2015 8:03 AM
Nov 2014
It's been a while since we have last seen Gintoki in a rage mode before.... wow that was incredible.

What an amazing episode! The fight between Gintoki and Oboro is so GOOD. So Oboro knew about Gintoki's past ? Damn, this is getting so good lmao. I NEED to watch MOAR.

Great cliffhanger as well, with the Shinsengumi and the Mimawarigumi coming to the rescue!
Nov 6, 2015 12:07 AM

Mar 2015
holy fuck this episode was epic
Nov 15, 2015 7:24 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
My favorite episode of Gintama ever period. From the first half action/animation to Gintoki's rage and that blade break with his mouth. Then we got to see more of Gintoki's past and how they decapitated Gintoki's sensei! Gintoki, stand up!

∞^∞^∞/5
Dec 28, 2015 12:38 PM

Mar 2015
Epic-fucking-ness.

Hialrious AF and dat animation... it reminds me of Saitama fighting those monsters in his dream, with the exaggerated drawing and such.

One of my top 3 episodes of Gintama, for sure.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Oct 11, 2012

122 by wibugar »»
Yesterday, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 28, 2013

180 by lordgaara »»
Apr 25, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyack - Feb 7, 2013

203 by lordgaara »»
Apr 24, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Mar 14, 2013

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.