Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 21, 2013 6:00 PM

Apr 2009
Just as the title says, here we'll discuss the appointment of admins and mods.

I personally would like to see the following rules being respected in this club:
1) You will be proposed for an officer psoition if there is a sufficient number of active members that supports you.
2) You won't be able to edit the relation list directly after your appointment, as a one or two week long test phase will be used to look at your moderation approach. After that, the other officers/admins will decide if you can keep the post or not.
3) You will only gain Admin status if you have proven you won't fuck around with the club (e.g. randomly trolling people, baiting them into bitchfights, etc. - all the things you shouldn't do as a normal mod either).

Please tell me what you think about these rules. Also, feel free to suggest any member of this club that you think deserves an officer post. Once a few candidates have a significant following, we can either proceed to the test phase I suggestes earlier or - if there are more candidates - make a short vote on the ones who'll first gain officer test status.
NidhoeggrJun 28, 2013 4:24 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 21, 2013 6:23 PM

Apr 2012
I don't see the need to have anyone else besides you to be honest. I believe everyone can wait a few hours for you to add an anime to the relations. If it's to control flame wars and bitch fights etc, I believe we can handle ourselves. The only thing we might need it for if someone is spamming.
Jan 21, 2013 6:52 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly I wouldn't mind helping out if you just need someone to be around to make sure there's no spam while you're busy with school, vacations, whatnot. I've done a lot of forum moderating, guild officering, guild leading, etc. over the past decade +.

I'm honestly not interesting in being able to change relations based on what I think, as it should be a group decision. But if you want someone just to take some of the load off your shoulders I'm all for that. =) We've all got our own lives and busy schedules.
Jan 21, 2013 6:54 PM

Apr 2009
First priority for me is keeping the flame wars under control and maintaining the atmosphere.
However, I'd like to have at least one additional admin in case I am busy. And I WILL be busy this year.
Jan 22, 2013 12:51 AM

Aug 2009
SSC_Exin said:
I don't see the need to have anyone else besides you to be honest.

This.

But since you said you need at least one admin, may I nominate Exin?
Jan 22, 2013 3:31 AM

Jan 2013
I'm applying for the position. In fact, I had sent Nidhoeggr a PM, which, since the decision is to be decided by popular support, I'll reproduce here:

Maegil said:
Application for Uber-Elitist Club official
Following your comment on opening new positions for club officials, DraconisMarch's sudden resignation and some other members' posts, it appears that the club is in need of some reestructuring.

By this, I don't mean just the staff, but on its overlaying philosophy - the club's sarcastic and bantering spirit is all very well (and the main reason I preferred it to the C&C club), but it seems that this anarchic vein is seeping too deeply into the decision-making regarding what anime is to be included into the relations list. Besides, I believe that more member input about what is good or bad in a more formal manner may improve their link to the club - without going to the aforementioned club's lenghts of demanding participation and kicking people for inactivity.

Therefore, I'd like to apply to the staff so we can increase the interaction with the members by opening polls, announcing them on the information section, and showcasing the members' reviews.
My favorite genres: good Quality, better Quality, best Quality, Über-Quality.
Scoring criteria: Existence does not precede Essence.

Current status: OFFLINE. Even if not really.
I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Jan 22, 2013 1:20 PM

Sep 2011
metamorphius said:
But since you said you need at least one admin, may I nominate Exin?

Second vote for Exin.
Jan 22, 2013 5:59 PM

Aug 2009
Exin and Maegil seem fit to be officers.
Jan 23, 2013 12:54 AM

Apr 2009
Ok, I'll add Exin as an admin because I know him for a long time and trust in his abilities and Maegil as an officer because of your support. Let's see how that works out. I'm thinking about Amberleh in an officer position as well if there is enough support.
Jan 23, 2013 1:12 AM

Jan 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Ok, I'll add Exin as an admin because I know him for a long time and trust in his abilities and Maegil as an officer because of your support. Let's see how that works out. I'm thinking about Amberleh in an officer position as well if there is enough support.
Thank you.
I second on Amberleh; I believe her to be knowegeable and it's important to have a female opinion, lest we get carried away in our own misbeliefs and end up with a sexist, borderline misogynistic trainwreck.

I have no Facebook, no Tweeter and no latest fashionable social network. Mail me only if you absolutely must, and I still won't promise to answer: the postman might have been shot by an automated sentry, blown up by a mine, eaten by a shark, or something.
Jan 23, 2013 1:22 AM

Nov 2011
Maegil said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Thank you.
I second on Amberleh; I believe her to be knowegeable and it's important to have a female opinion, lest we get carried away in our own misbeliefs and end up with a sexist, borderline misogynistic trainwreck.

AHAHAHA I'ma bring down the feminism hammer on ya'll! Everything you have ever known and loved is misogynistic and evil and should be cleansed with the power of female purity! LOVE POWER!

I think I end up sounding like way more of a feminist than I am, especially in terms of anime since it is fairy sexist a lot of time so it's almost like I exagerrate my own feelings on the issue over it, hahaha.

And thank you for the nomination =)
Jan 23, 2013 1:27 AM
Jul 2018
Amberleh knows what she's talking about.

I support her and nominate her.

Also voting for Exin.
Jan 23, 2013 1:27 AM

Apr 2009
That is because the LN/VN medium in general and certain genres in both anime and manga are dominated by otaku writers. And we all know what kind of sex life they lead and what their favourite women archetypes are.

Consider yourself an officer, Amberleh.
Jan 23, 2013 2:28 AM
Aug 2011
Maegil said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Thank you.

If we need a knowledgeable female, wouldn't we also need a unknowledgeable male with shit taste, to counterbalance the other officers.
Jan 23, 2013 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
I'm touched Gash, but I don't really think I'm cut out for the title of "officer"
Jan 23, 2013 4:41 AM

Jan 2013
Neane1993 said:
I'm touched Gash, but I don't really think I'm cut out for the title of "officer"
Hmmm... Could it be possible he was actually pandering himself, instead?...

Naaah!

Jan 27, 2013 5:39 PM

Nov 2011
Oh I meant to post this forever ago. I vote Neane should be an officer.
Jan 29, 2013 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
Neane1993 said:
I don't really think I'm cut out for the title of "officer"
Haven't you even opened the Manga Enlightenment thread on your own volition? Now, STFU and take it! Mwahahahaha!

Feb 1, 2013 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
Maegil said:
Neane1993 said:
I don't really think I'm cut out for the title of "officer"
Haven't you even opened the Manga Enlightenment thread on your own volition? Now, STFU and take it! Mwahahahaha!

Well, the good thing about my current life-style is that I don't have a very busy schedule so I would have lots of time to make sure that this club runs correctly.
Feb 9, 2013 2:03 PM

Jan 2013
@Nid:
Is there a way to segregate the newcomers from the polls and allow them only for regulars (promoting them to officers or whatnot), or do we make an electoral college list, or something else? What are your thoughts on this matter?

Below is the quotes from a brief debate:
Amberleh said:
Somehow I have a feeling that people who aren't even in the club just come by to vote for some of these.

Maybe we should start tallying the comments instead of letting anonymous voters decide on these. Also, I think for some series, people who haven't seen them vote against them in some way.

The polls were a good idea, but I think now people are abusing them.
Valkyrion said:
if we are to have a true elitist relation list then democracy isn't an option - being democratic is exactly the opposite of being elitist.

I wonder if people are taking this too seriously because this is Clannad...
Amberleh said:

Actually I've been thinking this since the Kuragehime poll, but I didn't want to say anything for fear of sounding too bias since I suggested Kuragehime for the enlightenment list to begin with.
Maegil said:
Democracy is the dictatorship of the majority; the problem is the people.

However, it'd work much better in a society where everybody actually used their heads, and it'd prevent the individuals from becoming too conceited... Assuming that the former is true in our club, it's just what we need to avoid the whole Uber-Elite thing from going up to our heads.

Then again, there's no such thing as perfection...
Amberleh said:
Well what I'm saying is we can continue to post these, but instead of counting the votes on the poll, we count the votes in the comments so that we don't just have random people voting for a series they've never seen or people who either aren't in the club or aren't at all active in it voting for/against their favorite/least favorite series.

Does that make sense?
Maegil said:
While it does make sense, and would force the first condition to be true, there's a problem: if we start telling people that their opinion isn't valid, it might very well end up in a flame war, outright trolling, and people going away.

Polls just among the critical minds could work if there were a way for Nidhoeggr to limit them to a restricted group of those who'd proven themselves worthy. However, this would have to be done without limiting the right to post, or the new arrivals wouldn't be able to ask for our help.

EDIT: I just got what you meant - an electoral college list. Duh!
Amberleh said:
Yeah all I'm saying is don't count the vote unless there's a comment to go with it. I'm not saying don't let everyone vote- I'm just saying they better say something when they vote so it's not just an anonymous click.
Maegil said:
If it's like that, we can skip the anonymous polling altogether and just count the open votes of those on the list.
MaegilFeb 9, 2013 2:08 PM

Feb 10, 2013 1:24 PM

Nov 2011
Hey just an FYI I removed a couple of the club pictures because I felt like they don't belong in this club, such as the boobies one and the 'o shit face'. Also debating removing the feelings one.

These are super animu weaboo-esque pictures that belong in any other anime club, but certainly not an elitist one.
Feb 10, 2013 2:08 PM

Jan 2013
Since you already removed them, I don't know what you're talking about... Also, which one is that feelings one?

Feb 10, 2013 2:41 PM

Nov 2011
It says "Feelings". It's a demotivational poster thing.

The two I removed were one that said "Boobies om nom nom" and had one character biting another's boob, and the other one was Light's face and said 'This is my 'o shit face'. I'm not sure who uploaded them or why, but they certainly didn't need to be here.
Feb 10, 2013 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
I guess someone else already removed it, then.

Feb 12, 2013 4:07 PM

Mar 2009
Fellow Blue Bloods,

I would like to apply for a position in this club. I shall attempt to lead our strays to the path of enlightenment and hope that we can collectively become more like patricians. I really like the polls that Maegil has done and in the same fashion, I would like to assist in creating some more of those. Beyond that I shall do my best to help our members and you can count on me avoiding trolling and baiting, I am a pretty rational person.

Sincerely, Alabastre
Feb 14, 2013 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
I'm not against some help keeping the enlightenment and relations list up to date and setting up polls.
Depending on how the boss' decision goes, it might be that there won't be any more anonymous polling, so the polls may need to be back-counted too... Nid?

Feb 14, 2013 10:19 PM

Oct 2012
AlabastreAizo said:
Fellow Blue Bloods,

I would like to apply for a position in this club. I shall attempt to lead our strays to the path of enlightenment and hope that we can collectively become more like patricians. I really like the polls that Maegil has done and in the same fashion, I would like to assist in creating some more of those. Beyond that I shall do my best to help our members and you can count on me avoiding trolling and baiting, I am a pretty rational person.

Sincerely, Alabastre

Too many admins would be a problem but one more couldn't hurt. I'd vote that Alabastre be our latest admin edition, but at the same time 6 admin should be the max size. This is just my opinion though.
Feb 14, 2013 10:33 PM

Aug 2009
I feel like those who are applying to be admins have something to contribute to the site, so go for it. And the ones who already are have been doing so. As long as they're active most days, it's fine with me.
Feb 15, 2013 2:33 AM

Mar 2009
I'd also like to give our manga list a bit more attention.
Feb 16, 2013 4:19 AM

Apr 2009
I don't have a problem with giving you officer status and if there are no votes against you. If things don't change over the course of the weekend you got the position.
Feb 16, 2013 3:36 PM

Mar 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
I don't have a problem with giving you officer status and if there are no votes against you. If things don't change over the course of the weekend you got the position.

Excellent, thanks for the reply, Nid.
Feb 19, 2013 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
I'll be sailing off tomorrow for a boat delivery, and should be out of touch for a couple of weeks.

Feb 19, 2013 7:32 AM

Apr 2009
Ok, thanks for the info Maegil.
I'll give Alabastre the officer position to see how he handles the responsibility.
Feb 19, 2013 1:12 PM

Nov 2011
There's not much to screw up with the officer position anyway- The only power you have is to delete pictures and comments, but not posts or anything like that. I'm sure he'll be fine =)
Feb 19, 2013 6:34 PM

Mar 2009
UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll try not to use it for evil.
Mar 5, 2013 5:41 AM

Oct 2012
Just to clarify things since Amber made a poll v2.0 for Steins;Gate. What's the new polling system? Does it still span for seven days? If not, should I end the Durarara!! poll now?
Mar 5, 2013 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
Ducat_Revel said:
Just to clarify things since Amber made a poll v2.0 for Steins;Gate. What's the new polling system? Does it still span for seven days? If not, should I end the Durarara!! poll now?

Oh sorry, I just did that one quick because it was so unanimous and everyone replied SO fast. Also people had been kind of clamoring for a while that Steins;Gate should be off our list so the poll was really more of a, edicit sort of thing.

I'm not sure how long polls are meant to last, but I think you can kinda trust your own judgement on that- Gage how many votes you've got and think about if it's something people have or have not been talking about for a while.

Sorry, I didn't meant to confuse things. =)
Mar 5, 2013 1:19 PM

Mar 2009
Amberleh said:
Hey just an FYI I removed a couple of the club pictures because I felt like they don't belong in this club, such as the boobies one and the 'o shit face'. Also debating removing the feelings one.

These are super animu weaboo-esque pictures that belong in any other anime club, but certainly not an elitist one.

I've wanted to delete those for a while. Let's clean up.
Mar 6, 2013 1:09 AM

Oct 2012
Amberleh said:
Oh sorry, I just did that one quick because it was so unanimous and everyone replied SO fast. Also people had been kind of clamoring for a while that Steins;Gate should be off our list so the poll was really more of a, edicit sort of thing.

I'm not sure how long polls are meant to last, but I think you can kinda trust your own judgement on that- Gage how many votes you've got and think about if it's something people have or have not been talking about for a while.

Sorry, I didn't meant to confuse things. =)

It's alright. No harm done. Except to Steins;Gate fans. Which I shyly fall under. But even if I did catch the poll, I promised to myself that I'd abstain from voting until I watch Noein.

The thing is, will all polling be done like this? Shouldn't there be a set time gauge? Or a vote gauge? Or does it all depend on the poll starter? And are there rules to voting now? Are only the "comment" votes counted? I am a bit confused, but it's nothing too extreme. I'll end the Durarara!! poll now. :D
Ducat_RevelMar 6, 2013 1:14 AM
Mar 6, 2013 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah votes are only counted in the comments. The poll part is just superficial so lurkers can click it and feel like they've done something without having to come out of lurkerdom.

Like I said, this one was fast because everyone had been saying for a while that they wanted Steins;Gate off the Enlightenment list so the outcome was already kind of established, I just put up a poll out of courtesy and to make sure. On top of that, the replies were instantaneous and fairly unanimous.

A set time gauge is fine, I don't know what it should be set to. Maybe 3-4 days? Any longer and people will have likely forgotten about it already.
Mar 6, 2013 2:28 AM

Oct 2012
Amberleh said:
A set time gauge is fine, I don't know what it should be set to. Maybe 3-4 days? Any longer and people will have likely forgotten about it already.

Sounds just about right. 4 days seems reasonable to me. Half a week for a poll. Enough time for someone to see it and vote. But I think we should keep this flexible. 4 days should be the norm, but if the votes look 50-50, then an extension to break the tie doesn't sound like a bad idea.
Mar 6, 2013 5:20 PM

Apr 2009
You guys are productive.
Maybe we should create another sticky where we both clarify the general rules of the club, what we believe to be abd anime, details regarding polls and other semantics?
Mar 6, 2013 6:21 PM

Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
You guys are productive.
Maybe we should create another sticky where we both clarify the general rules of the club, what we believe to be abd anime, details regarding polls and other semantics?

Like some general guidelines for voting and our club's goal and stuff? I'm all for it. I'm no admin, but I still think it'd help clarify a few things for most of our members who want to help in the enlightenment process or are subject to it.
Mar 6, 2013 7:10 PM

Nov 2011
I nominate Ducat for officership. =)
Mar 6, 2013 10:22 PM

Mar 2009
If Nid wants any more officers, I agree.
Mar 7, 2013 3:33 AM

Oct 2012
Thanks to Amber and Alabastre for the nomination. I've considered nominating myself, but I was gonna do that after I hit the 150 anime completed mark. I think 6 officers are enough though. Adding me would be kinda excessive. Plus with Alabastre already an officer

AlabastreAizo said:
UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll try not to use it for evil.

adding me would just increase the madness of this group. Unless Nid really wants me to join the ranks, I'll be happy with just helping you guys out and giving my opinions.
Ducat_RevelMar 7, 2013 3:44 AM
Mar 7, 2013 5:51 AM

Apr 2009
The club is getting bigger and I think with we reached the maximum level of officers for a long time, but officers =/= admins.
It works good so far and I'm sure you would make a great additions, but let's wait until the club gets bigger and there is more demand.
Mar 7, 2013 6:24 AM

Apr 2009
Maybe it's because people are fed up with the typical hype cycle and all the drama it brings.

Maybe we can change the purpose of this thread to not only discuss admins/officers, but also the rules (which we obviously include in the OP)? This way, we avoid amaking another thread.
Mar 7, 2013 10:42 AM

Jan 2013
...OMG, what happened in my absence? A six hours long poll, nobody bothered to back-count the list topics, the Anime Enlightenment list got unstickied... a SIX hours long poll!...

On a positive note, Amberleh got promoted - congratulations. Still, why was it necessary to promote her, couldn't one of the other mods have been bothered to remove Death Note instead?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.