Forum Settings
Forums

What happened to the "Count to 9000" thread?

New
Jan 21, 2013 3:38 AM

Jun 2011
Well something big must've happened to warrant an outright thread deletion, and the subsequent thread locks of all the succeeding counting threads, so what happened? O.o

Yes I know I'm late.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jan 21, 2013 4:01 AM
Jun 2012
Spam + NFSW content got those threads deleted. Moderators didn't feel like keeping an eye on the thread.
Jan 21, 2013 4:04 AM
Jan 21, 2013 4:08 AM

Aug 2012
The curiosity must be killing people now :P

Attia said:
Spam + NFSW content got those threads deleted.

Since the forum game rules didn't specify chatting, we weren't allowed to talk while counting. Plus, the yaoi. The yaoi. Whoa boy.

Subsequent ones ended up being deleted before NSFM stuff even got posted.

Here's a post-aftermath one with Koleare's final word on it. I believe the totals are 4 locks, 1 deletion, and 1 locked gif thread.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=546815&show=120

Somewhere I stated that they aren't allowed anymore because apparently it's impossible to mod (really?), and was responded with a "yes that's true, but only a small piece of the picture" sort of argument.

Needless to say, it sprung up a suggestion (refer to my sig).
Jan 21, 2013 4:10 AM

Sep 2012
Because we're too cool to be allowed.
Jan 21, 2013 4:12 AM

Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
Because we're too cool to be allowed.
What a rebel.

*insert rebel gif here*
Jan 21, 2013 4:16 AM

Jun 2011
oh so that's where NSFM originated from. aha.
Jan 21, 2013 4:18 AM

Aug 2012
LOL cuz we wreaked too much havoc with them hardcore yaoi gifs, SFW yaoi, and.....more yaoi. So. yeah. Bottomline is, yaoi.
Jan 21, 2013 4:24 AM

Nov 2012
We got to 9000 (or more specifically I did :P) so the thread was finished.
Also koleare doesn't like gifspamming.
Jan 21, 2013 4:26 AM
Jun 2012
MellowJello said:
The curiosity must be killing people now :P

Attia said:
Spam + NFSW content got those threads deleted.

Since the forum game rules didn't specify chatting, we weren't allowed to talk while counting. Plus, the yaoi. The yaoi. Whoa boy.

Subsequent ones ended up being deleted before NSFM stuff even got posted.

Here's a post-aftermath one with Koleare's final word on it. I believe the totals are 4 locks, 1 deletion, and 1 locked gif thread.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=546815&show=120

Somewhere I stated that they aren't allowed anymore because apparently it's impossible to mod (really?), and was responded with a "yes that's true, but only a small piece of the picture" sort of argument.

Needless to say, it sprung up a suggestion (refer to my sig).

I don't see why they won't just make a spam section and let people do whatever the hell they want. There's really no need to "police" forum games and shit. SMH.
Jan 21, 2013 4:29 AM

Jun 2011
I find it funny how all the people involved (or at least all those who've replied to this thread) are 2012'ers. :P
Jan 21, 2013 4:31 AM

Nov 2012
onedaysnotice said:
I find it funny how all the people involved (or at least all those who've replied to this thread) are 2012'ers. :P

Well the thread started in 2012 so it's not really that strange.
Jan 21, 2013 4:34 AM

Aug 2012
Attia said:

I don't see why they won't just make a spam section and let people do whatever the hell they want. There's really no need to "police" forum games and shit. SMH.
Because mods don't want to accept Immahnoob's suggestion.

onedaysnotice said:
That's a good observation. I guess the 2012 users go to forum games/enjoy counting more often.
Jan 21, 2013 4:46 AM

Jun 2011
MellowJello said:
onedaysnotice said:
That's a good observation. I guess the 2012 users go to forum games/enjoy counting more often.

Haha. But if you guys had only continued enjoying just counting, this wouldn't have happened :P
Jan 21, 2013 4:53 AM

Aug 2012
onedaysnotice said:
MellowJello said:
onedaysnotice said:

Haha. But if you guys had only continued enjoying just counting, this wouldn't have happened :P
Variety is the spice of life. Gotta spice up the counting now and then!
Jan 21, 2013 4:57 AM
Jun 2012
onedaysnotice said:
MellowJello said:
onedaysnotice said:

Real niggas don't follow instructions! - Riley Freeman
Jan 21, 2013 5:00 AM

Nov 2012
onedaysnotice said:
MellowJello said:
onedaysnotice said:

It still would have. We got to 9000 it was done.
That v2 was not allowed that's the problem.
Jan 21, 2013 5:03 AM

Apr 2012
MellowJello said:
Attia said:

Because mods don't want to accept Immahnoob's suggestion.

It still is on it's feet, we just have to wait for a Mod response...

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 21, 2013 5:04 AM

Jun 2011
RandomPerson3 said:
onedaysnotice said:
MellowJello said:
onedaysnotice said:

Was v2 not allowed prior to the huge lockdown, or was it a result of the spam?

What I find perplexing is how the chat thread is still genuinely chat aha.
Jan 21, 2013 5:06 AM

Aug 2012
onedaysnotice said:
RandomPerson3 said:
onedaysnotice said:
MellowJello said:
onedaysnotice said:

Was v2 not allowed prior to the lockdown, or as a result of the spam?

Midway through the counting, we asked the mod, why do you hate this thread so much?
He said he doesnt necessarily hate it, he's just counting so that we would reach the number faster so he could lock the thread and be done with it.

I think midway through, he realized that that kinda thread would be a pain to moderate, so he decided to get it over with so he could lock it and allow no more.
Jan 21, 2013 5:06 AM

Aug 2012
onedaysnotice said:
What's worse is that I asked if we could just loophole the rules and just have a "count to 9000 (and sometimes chatting and gif spam)" thread.

The answer?

As for chat thread.. we're not allowed in there.
Jan 21, 2013 5:12 AM

Aug 2012
MellowJello said:

We're not allowed in there??? Wut??
Jan 21, 2013 5:14 AM

Aug 2012
Hidden_Joker said:
MellowJello said:

Go try starting a conversation with the folks there. I dare you.

Jan 21, 2013 5:16 AM

Jun 2011
Hidden_Joker said:
onedaysnotice said:
Was v2 not allowed prior to the lockdown, or as a result of the spam?

Midway through the counting, we asked the mod, why do you hate this thread so much?
He said he doesnt necessarily hate it, he's just counting so that we would reach the number faster so he could lock the thread and be done with it.

I think midway through, he realized that that kinda thread would be a pain to moderate, so he decided to get it over with so he could lock it and allow no more.

MellowJello said:
What's worse is that I asked if we could just loophole the rules and just have a "count to 9000 (and sometimes chatting and gif spam)" thread.

The answer?

hahahahahaha. you guys... xD Honestly though, I really need to see myself what went down in the latter stages of that thread to see if the mods' actions were justified. But midway? I'd say that it was a very harmless thread.

What's wrong with the chat thread?
Jan 21, 2013 5:18 AM

Aug 2012
MellowJello said:
Hidden_Joker said:
MellowJello said:

Go try starting a conversation with the folks there. I dare you.

LOL watch me be all sunny and shit in there. I'll say hi to everyone with a sunny disposition.

onedaysnotice said:
hahahahahaha. you guys... xD Honestly though, I really need to see myself what went down in the latter stages of that thread to see if the mods' actions were justified. But midway? I'd say that it was a very harmless thread.

.........As we said before, we probably fucked ourselves over with the NSFM stuff we were posting in there....
Jan 21, 2013 5:20 AM

May 2012
Cmon joker i'm refreshing the chat thread :P
Jan 21, 2013 5:23 AM

Jun 2011
Hidden_Joker said:
onedaysnotice said:

.........As we said before, we probably fucked ourselves over with the NSFM stuff we were posting in there....

Frkn my curiosity is peaking so hard. Was it legit legit 18+ stuff?
Jan 21, 2013 5:26 AM

Aug 2012
onedaysnotice said:
Hidden_Joker said:
onedaysnotice said:

.......LOL hardcore yaoi + hentai.
Jan 21, 2013 5:28 AM

Aug 2012
onedaysnotice said:

Jan 21, 2013 5:29 AM

Jun 2011
Hidden_Joker said:

.......LOL hardcore yaoi + hentai.

Okay I'm siding with the mods xD

MellowJello said:
onedaysnotice said:

hahaha. I knew someone would construe it like that. But I didn't intend it like that. Honest!
Jan 21, 2013 6:13 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
The threads were locked and are now not allowed anymore because of repeatedly rule violations in the threads (especially posting NSFM pictures) despite several warnings given.

Next time, please read the moderator's last post in the locked thread for an explanation. If the explanation isn't enough, please PM the mod who locked the thread and ask for more details. If you have a general question, PM one of the forum moderators.

Since the question has been answered and this thread is turning into a chat/spam thread:

Locked.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

22 by UncreatedSong »»
11 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

27 by Astachanna »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 8 hours ago

15 by RyuRabbit »»
53 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

73 by 707supremacist »»
2 hours ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.