Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 20, 2013 5:52 PM

Jan 2013
99 percent chance Lala is voiced by Alexis Tipton, and I'm tired of her voice.
Jan 20, 2013 5:52 PM
May 2012
Just don't watch it.
Jan 20, 2013 6:12 PM

Jun 2007
Solvite said:

Good thing technology is to a point where you can click a button and suddenly people are speaking in a different language.
Jan 20, 2013 6:20 PM

Jan 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
Solvite said:

Good thing technology is to a point where you can click a button and suddenly people are speaking in a different language.

Just let rage about Alexis Tipton. You sharks.
Jan 23, 2013 7:22 PM

Feb 2011
pretty much I think most animes are molested horribly by being dubbed.
it just doesn't work after watching subbed shows..

Jan 23, 2013 7:23 PM

Mar 2012
Oh look, another "I Hate Dubs" thread.

Solvite said:
No, I actually like her voice.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jan 27, 2013 4:43 PM

Nov 2010
Negative-Travis said:
Oh look, another "I Hate Dubs" thread.

Solvite said:
No, I actually like her voice.
It actually was a "I hate Alexis Tipton" thread. Obviously since he knows certain dub actors and says that he's tired of one, he isn't against dubs.
Feb 7, 2013 12:36 AM

May 2010
Solvite said:

I bet its the other way around. 1% chance she is selected and 99% of random possibilities.
Feb 13, 2013 2:14 AM

Jan 2013
Air-Dragon said:
Solvite said:

I bet its the other way around. 1% chance she is selected and 99% of random possibilities.

I hope so.

I just can't stand Alexis Tipton because she doesn't even attempt to have range. Every single one of her characters sounds exactly the same.

Its like, show some professionalism.
Jul 20, 2015 1:07 AM
May 2015
SolviteWoTaberu said:
the japanese is really good for this series i feel it doesn't need a dub
Nov 19, 2015 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
LittleCr0wxx said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

None of anime needs a dub. Dubs are killing a half of enjoyment / climate of anime. But none of my business if someone wants to watch emotionless version. Just don't say that any dub is better than original (not only, but especially in anime). It's the same thing like remakes of Asian movies (made by Hamburgers), for example The Ring, Dark Water and the rest - > all of them are lacking of that specific climate from original, but many people are saying that remakes are better (and it's obviously not true).
rsc-plNov 19, 2015 11:10 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 12, 2017 12:53 PM

Jul 2015
I would like to see, or hear a dub, the only problems with dubs is that sometimes I have a hard time understanding what is said, and with subs you can just read what is said, like close captioning.
Otherwise, I would think it would be very interesting to have a To Love Ru dub, just t see what it's like, but I never have come across a dubbed episode of any version of To Love Ru.
Sep 3, 2020 6:46 AM
May 2019
SolviteWoTaberu said:

What a hysterical coincidence. I'm from 2020 and they finally released a dub and Alexis Tipton in fact does voice Lala! Are you a damn psychic?!
Nov 12, 2020 7:12 PM

Feb 2019
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:
What a hysterical coincidence. I'm from 2020 and they finally released a dub and Alexis Tipton in fact does voice Lala! Are you a damn psychic?!

lol, it has been a long time but OP is probably turning in his grave
Jan 1, 2021 5:17 PM
Apr 2020
rsc-pl said:
LittleCr0wxx said:

None of anime needs a dub. Dubs are killing a half of enjoyment / climate of anime. But none of my business if someone wants to watch emotionless version. Just don't say that any dub is better than original (not only, but especially in anime). It's the same thing like remakes of Asian movies (made by Hamburgers), for example The Ring, Dark Water and the rest - > all of them are lacking of that specific climate from original, but many people are saying that remakes are better (and it's obviously not true).
Of course, voice actors from other countries are all worthless. They're leagues below the flawless art that is Japanese voice acting. I mean, "I'll take a potato chip and eat it"? What a stupid line! And what an emotionless portrayal! It has nothing to do with the original! Miyano-senpai would never say something like that!
Jan 2, 2021 2:24 PM

Aug 2013
Them_bones said:
Of course, voice actors from other countries are all worthless. They're leagues below the flawless art that is Japanese voice acting.. Of course, voice actors from other countries are all worthless. They're leagues below the flawless art that is Japanese voice acting.

Well, pretty much this, but it's the same for any other dubs for media from any other country. Dubs are worthless and there's never a good reason for using the copy instead oryginal.
We are talking Japanese media here and yes, it's 100% like this. No foreign dub will be ever better than original. I thought that it was obvious for any person in 2021, but I guess I was wrong.
rsc-plJan 3, 2021 2:03 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 2, 2021 4:15 PM
Apr 2020
rsc-pl said:
Them_bones said:
Of course, voice actors from other countries are all worthless. They're leagues below the flawless art that is Japanese voice acting..
Of course, voice actors from other countries are all worthless. They're leagues below the flawless art that is Japanese voice acting.

Well, pretty much this, but it's the same for any other dubs for media from any other country. Dubs are worthless and there's never a good reason for using the copy instead oryginal.
We are talking Japanese media here and yes, it's 100% like this. No foreign dub will be ever better than original. I thought that it was obvious for any person in 2021, but I guess I was wrong. [/quote] I thought that you'd have moved from this Japan-worshipping (and foreign-abhorring) ideology after five whole years but I guess I was wrong.
Jan 3, 2021 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
Them_bones said:
I thought that you'd have moved from this Japan-worshipping (and foreign-abhorring) ideology after five whole years but I guess I was wrong.

I literally said something fundamentally different, but dublovers really can't read I guess.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 3, 2021 6:02 PM
Apr 2020
rsc-pl said:
Them_bones said:
I thought that you'd have moved from this Japan-worshipping (and foreign-abhorring) ideology after five whole years but I guess I was wrong.

I literally said something fundamentally different, but dublovers really can't read I guess.

Jumping to the personal insults already, are we?

Voice actors in other languages have to sound like the original, sure, but that says nothing about the actual talent of those actors. By saying that no foreign dub will ever be better than the original, you're essentially saying that all Japanese VA's are better than any VA from any other country. Which yes, I would call a blind worship of those Japanese actors, aside from being a ludicrous claim since you'd have to have a substantial understanding of the VA's in every language that regularly dubs anime to back it up.

I'd like you to watch the English dubs for, say, the aforementioned Death Note, or DBZ, or Baccano, or Cowboy Bebop, or even Ghost Stories, and see if you can call them emotionless.
Jan 4, 2021 8:13 AM

Aug 2013
Them_bones said:

By saying that no foreign dub will ever be better than the original, you're essentially saying that all Japanese VA's are better than any VA from any other country.

And they definitely are for media created in their country. That's obvious. Exactly like American VAs for American media, French for French media and Polish for Polish media. It's really THIS simple. Something made in external studio, translated and heavily edited by people that aren't even original creators and directed by completely different directors than original ones can't be EVER as good (or even comparable) as original.

Them_bones said:
Which yes, I would call a blind worship of those Japanese actors

It literally isn't. All dubs are an equal garbage. And I would say the same thing about watching something like Castlevania dubbed in Japanese. It's not Japanese so Japanese voice actors won't be able to act like original creators wanted and they won't even see the original creators.

Them_bones said:

I'd like you to watch the English dubs for, say, the aforementioned Death Note, or DBZ, or Baccano, or Cowboy Bebop, or even Ghost Stories, and see if you can call them emotionless.

I'm sorry, but I won't be wasting my time and forcing myself to watching something inferior (and mentioning meme youtube "parody"-tier dub of trash series that no one cares about, please).
And yes, all of these series are way better with original voices.
rsc-plJan 4, 2021 8:19 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 4, 2021 5:57 PM
Apr 2020
rsc-pl said:
Them_bones said:

By saying that no foreign dub will ever be better than the original, you're essentially saying that all Japanese VA's are better than any VA from any other country.

And they definitely are for media created in their country. That's obvious. Exactly like American VAs for American media, French for French media and Polish for Polish media. It's really THIS simple. Something made in external studio, translated and heavily edited by people that aren't even original creators and directed by completely different directors than original ones can't be EVER as good (or even comparable) as original.

Them_bones said:
Which yes, I would call a blind worship of those Japanese actors

It literally isn't. All dubs are an equal garbage. And I would say the same thing about watching something like Castlevania dubbed in Japanese. It's not Japanese so Japanese voice actors won't be able to act like original creators wanted and they won't even see the original creators.

Them_bones said:

I'm sorry, but I won't be wasting my time and forcing myself to watching something inferior (and mentioning meme youtube "parody"-tier dub of trash series that no one cares about, please).
And yes, all of these series are way better with original voices.

I see. So, what you're saying is that ANY showrunner, no matter where in the world, is supremely competent at casting the right people for the right roles, every single time?

Also, how can you be so sure that the original voices for those shows are better if you refuse to even check out the others? If you're so adamant about watching dubs, I don't think there's any point in continuing this conversation.
Feb 12, 2021 4:53 AM

Feb 2016
SolviteWoTaberu said:
Such wisdom where can I learn this power?
Apr 18, 2021 5:01 PM
Mar 2018
The dubs fine. I can't really get the obsession with hating dubs really. It's most of the time just a stupid preference people get to rant about anything. Sure, when I first watched Land of The Lustrous subbed I thought they hit the nail on the head with the VAs and a dub would ruin it, until I watched it dubbed and it was fine. Given that both dubbed and subbed have the issue of only having a handfull of VAs for all the roles and therefore lacking diversity and talent in the characters (when you make out a certain popular VA you like your opinion of this character will be biased). So it's no big deal. Especially not for a show like this which is just centered on fanservice and dumb slapstick comedy. Which is not saying it's bad. On the contrary; it's very entertaining, just not "outstanding"
Apr 18, 2021 5:03 PM

Jan 2020
Twitter people will cancel the voice actors

Dec 3, 2021 10:35 AM

Jan 2013
Rewatching this series since I found out there was a dub, not impressed at all

More topics from this board

» im so drunk

RuiMurasaki - May 2, 2023

18 by ToastWithNutella »»
Mar 16, 10:29 PM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 13, 2008

77 by Weiwei_Wu »»
Feb 12, 11:48 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zvuc - May 3, 2008

72 by Dywei »»
Jan 30, 9:02 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

datsunvic - Apr 24, 2008

97 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 17, 2008

81 by Dywei »»
Jan 11, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.