Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 9, 2013 3:01 PM

Jun 2008
Please NO. They butchered Berserk enough with their cheap video game animation engine.
We don't need more from this crappy studio.

ParaParaJMo said:
The original TV series does not do a great job of adapting the manga but the TV series had the perfect voice cast. The voice cast in the movies aren't in the same league as the old ones. I am not fond of the dub either, but the Dreamcast dub was perfect as well.

The Tv series actually did a better on the story before everything came to the eclipse.

Uriel_The_Fourth said:
If they do make OVAs which I really hope they do and not movies. Then I hope a studio like Madhouse or Production I.G. gets it. I don't think these guys have done a good job. I mean if they movies are anything to go by as to what they consider "quality" then what the hell should we expect for OVAs.

Couldn't agree more. What where thinking not giving Berserk to one of those two studios and they let this incompetent jokes to make it?
Aug 16, 2013 7:25 PM

Oct 2008
I can't say I'm a CG fan, but the animations were really well done (except the ghostbusting at the end, there were one or two reused scenes).

Since I'm a newcomer Berserk-wise, I got hyped up for the next movies/OVA's, though it is not in the "I will die if I don't see it" list, I'll add them in my plan to watch list. Hoping I can bear the urge to start reading the manga :D.
Oct 17, 2013 3:58 AM
Oct 2013
I see a lot of people complaining about the movies, and honestly I don't think they're due so much criticism. They are made in a way that draws in a new crowd; face it, how many of you flew to Japan to see any of the movies in theaters? How many of you bought all of the DVDs of the movies you watched? I know I for one couldn't afford to. These movies grossed a good bit in Japan, and the money from the sales is going to breathe new life into the series. Sure, nothing will be as good as the manga, or the original series. But how many people complained about the series being cut so short from the manga? How many non-fanboys weren't satisfied with the ending of the anime? I was at an anime convention where the english dub of the second movie was shown, and people who had never heard of Berserk before were coming out of the showing room legitimately interested enough to try to put together the parts of the storyline they missed in the first movie. By treating Berserk as more of a cinematic than a long, in-depth, and drawn out tragedy, it was easier for the storyline to hold people's attention who weren't rabid fans.

Sure the CGI sucked, sure they left holes in the already screwed up storyline. But this is a movie trilogy and NOT a true remake of an anime like the ever-so-spoken- of Hellsing Ultimate. With the funds from this trilogy comes the prospect of more Berserk media, with more media comes more exposure of Berserk and its affiliates. Considering the relationship between the anime and its fanboys has been the equivalent of that between Latin and stuffy scholars, I'd say it was about time for something new. Improvements will be made one way or another, as each release must top the last in some manner to hold the audience's attention. Before you go and beat up this trilogy, try to look at it with fresh eyes and see that it has resurrected Berserk, be the product a zombie or a god.

On a side note: If you're a fan of Berserk and want something fresh, try Vinland Saga. From what I've read of the manga so far it satisfies a similar itch, and there is hope of an anime in the future.
Dec 23, 2013 11:52 AM

May 2012
Goddamnit, they get the opportunity to make more Berserk animation and what they do is remake the original series, which was already awesome, but had a terrible ending! C'mon, they could have easily just continued where the original left off and made the ending not-suck! That's what everybody wants!

Are there really not any more movies coming out? :(
Dec 23, 2013 11:27 PM
Feb 2013
Who said there weren't anymore movies coming out? Their plan from the very beginning was to continue after the Golden Age arc. There just hasn't been any recent news about it, but the people who worked on the movies have definitely brought it up. Just give it some time. The English dub for the third movie isn't even out yet.
Dec 28, 2013 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty good movie hopefully they make a 4th one. I want to see parts of the manga animated :D
Jan 31, 2014 7:38 AM

Mar 2010
I wouldn't mind another movie trilogy, but for the love of all that is holy, either delete that CGI software, or let it update or something.

That's some signature, eh?
Feb 5, 2014 9:24 PM

Sep 2011
I'm not hoping for much when it comes to Berserk adaptations. It's always been done poorly. Even the 97 T.V. series which I personally loved and got me into Berserk in the first place. The only thing I hope for, is that they never allow the people that made the trilogy touch Berserk again. They butchered the hell out of the most iconic arc in the Manga. If they did it once they will likely do it again.

I stand by what I posted months ago that they should have handed this adaptation to a studio that would have taken it seriously. I rather wait 10 years like I did for Hellsing Ultimate then get 3 horrible movies in a span of 2-3 years. The whole thing was very sloppy, seems like Berserk is always doomed to get poor adaptations. Either way the manga is still the best way to experience the series by far. Those people that haven't read it and have only seen these movies, or the T.V. anime. I suggest you start from vol. 1. No adaptation has done this series justice, they all tend to glance over the material.

If they do make an OVA it be great if they included the Black Swordsman arc, maybe squeeze it between the mini arc where Guts is recuperating and before the Lost Children Arc. It would be a better introduction for Puck than just diving straight into the Lost Children arc. Of course I would also love to see the Inquisition arc adapted faithfully. With all it's hideous debauchery, it's an amazing arc. Probably my favorite arc after the Golden Age.
Feb 7, 2014 12:59 PM

Jan 2014
I hope so.

Movie 4 should be about the first 9? chapters against the Baron or the Count or whatever.

Movie 5 should be dedicated to the Lost Children Arc

and so on..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2014 7:30 AM

Aug 2013
Hm? Thought a new movie/movie trilogy was all but confirmed to be happening in the future? At any rate I hope it happens.
Feb 28, 2014 7:52 AM

May 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzJzKdU8j3k This is the quality I wanted from Berserk movies.
Mar 30, 2014 12:55 PM

Feb 2013
The only disappointment with these movies is the CGI for me. I can't believe some of the scenes were done so badly even video games from 5 years ago look better in comparison.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 14, 2014 10:43 PM

Jun 2013
We know there will be more movies after this, it has been confirmed multiple times by the creators. Not sure why it's even a question.
Apr 16, 2014 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
Can't WAITTT!

Apr 19, 2014 10:49 AM

Aug 2013
sherlock5545 said:
The only disappointment with these movies is the CGI for me. I can't believe some of the scenes were done so badly even video games from 5 years ago look better in comparison.

To this trilogy's credit the CGI got progressively better from the first to third film. By the third film the CGI was almost a non-factor as it pertains to being a detriment. Although ideally I think everyone wanted and wants for future films for the CGI to be scrapped because the animation aside from that looks stunning.
May 1, 2014 11:35 PM

Oct 2010
Talane said:
On a side note: If you're a fan of Berserk and want something fresh, try Vinland Saga. From what I've read of the manga so far it satisfies a similar itch, and there is hope of an anime in the future.

We're talking about Berserk, not some mediocre stuff like that.
May 15, 2014 10:11 AM

Sep 2011
Catalano said:
Talane said:

We're talking about Berserk, not some mediocre stuff like that.

Vinland saga isn't mediocre in the least. That manga; Vagabond and Berserk are all excellent mangas.
Oct 21, 2014 1:33 PM

Nov 2013
I'll be honest...I had no problem with the movies.
There is a huge drop in quality in terms of storyline from the manga to the series and then again to the films...

But if you look at it objectively...They couldnt make films without cutting such dense material as Berserk manga or even series.

I also thought the third film was better executed (eclipse event + Griffith rescue) than the TV series and greatly improved on the first 2 films (I can admit the 2 first films were...Trash...:D).

The manga will always be the best...
But I would be happy to have 3 more films which condense the rest of the Berserk manga.

I would be very satisfied at least with watching ONE MORE FILM which sums up the retribution arc.

I think when watching these films you got to forget the series and manga...And think of the films as their own new creation. Or you will be disappointed.
Crash284Oct 21, 2014 1:36 PM
Dec 25, 2014 7:26 AM

Oct 2014
Any news on a 4th movie or Saga?
Dec 27, 2014 3:17 AM

Jun 2013
DB24 said:

No specific news. We just know more movies are coming.
Feb 22, 2015 2:41 PM

Aug 2013
ex_necross said:
DB24 said:

This is killing me. Just caught up with the manga and I just want more Berserk at this point. When can we expect to hear more news on more films? Hopefully this year?
Feb 22, 2015 6:46 PM

Jun 2013
Champloo_Remix said:
ex_necross said:

This is killing me. Just caught up with the manga and I just want more Berserk at this point. When can we expect to hear more news on more films? Hopefully this year?

I remember about this time last year I was wondering the same thing. Yet here we are a year later..
Mar 14, 2015 4:50 PM

Jul 2012
“Originally, [*Golden Age Arc*] was started as one part of the Saga Project. We are currently working on plans for the next movie, but that is all I can say for now.” He said this a while ago. I want at least some sort of news.
Mar 18, 2015 3:31 PM
Nov 2014
oh :( i was surprised at how many people hated the films - i loved them; but then i have not read the manga, which would probably dim my enthusiasm for the films considerably. i liked the series too, but the films made more of an impact on me.

so yes, i hope we get more films - but if they are ovas that is fine also
Apr 5, 2015 6:11 PM

Mar 2013
Uber_Dewber said:
The third movie was fucking fantastic. Beautiful animation, don't know what everyone else is talking about. A few of the CGI scenes aren't the best, but they certainly weren't the worst things in the world. I'm hoping that the same studio continues with the movies.

This.
But you know, people like bitching about everything.

CGI was pretty average overall but the rest was fantastic.
Apr 14, 2015 1:29 PM

Mar 2009
So they released 3 movies only to stop slightly after the anime.
And now 2 years of silence.

Damn this sucks.

Though the third movie itself was very good (8/10). Better than the previous (7/10) and way better than the first (6/10).

Well, for those who looked past the credits of the 3rd movie:
http://3.ii.gl/LAUDV3WB.png
There are big hints that they will continue.
ZnoteApr 14, 2015 1:38 PM
Apr 16, 2015 6:11 AM

Feb 2013
woah im surprised by all the hate for CG in these movies, i actually thought it was well done and a nice change of pace from all other anime movies out there, very enjoyable.
Jun 13, 2015 10:35 PM

Jun 2013
Znote said:
So they released 3 movies only to stop slightly after the anime.
And now 2 years of silence.

Berserk fans are the biggest cucks, lol.
Jun 30, 2015 8:20 AM
Jun 2015
i hope berserk movie 4 come :3
Mar 2, 2016 11:35 PM
Mar 2016
I don't know about a 4th movie but i do know this. http://myanimelist.net/anime/32379/Berserk_2016
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Ougon Jidaihen III: Kourin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Mich666 - May 12, 2013

210 by BorednSpicy »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:50 PM

» Guts and Jaime Lannister

Deeboy - Dec 10, 2018

2 by Dannyr22 »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:17 AM

» Berserk Ougon Jidai-hen III kourin l what chapters are in the movie?

NAYANAYANAYA - Mar 14, 2023

1 by AndroidLB »»
Mar 14, 2023 10:35 AM

» Why so much hate for the berserk movies ?

EndritVA - May 14, 2014

19 by DriveTG »»
Jul 28, 2022 12:33 PM

» I know why this movie exists

WhyIsGutsSoAweso - May 15, 2021

7 by WhyIsGutsSoAweso »»
May 16, 2021 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.