Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 18, 2013 11:06 PM

Jun 2009
Well... Masaoka and Gino did surprise me, I wasn't really paying attention to them and I couldn't care less who Gino's father was... but I gotta admit that was an interesting way to let us know.

And why the hell didn't they ask Akane what was Makishima like and made a sketch? Was making her see those memories the only way? I mean, yes, it's a effective way but why go to that extent?
Jan 19, 2013 1:04 AM

Aug 2011
20 mins seems to past by REALLY fast when I watch this!

Waiting another 7 days for another 20 mins of awesomeness.

The whole Masaoka Ginoza father and son thing, I didn't actually see that coming. But when they were talking, then I got the hint. I was like 'hey don't tell me this dude is his dad!?!' and then Ginoza says "don't act like a father now" (or sth like that)...Jackpot! (a little too slow lol)

How much I love this show, some parts are too hard to digest. I have to rewind and reread it again, and then carry one.

Lookinf forward to ep 14
Jan 19, 2013 1:58 AM
Oct 2012
Tsunemori is deeply flawed and this is lampshaded by her inability to fire upon Makishima. I have absolutely no idea where the idea that she is perfect came from.

I am going to post my thoughts here because they are a little long.
Jan 19, 2013 3:48 AM

Jul 2011
Amazing! This episode finished so fast!
Jan 19, 2013 4:11 AM
Feb 2012
They could do whatever they want on the screen, with that OST everything would be epic.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 19, 2013 4:44 AM

Nov 2012
Furine said:
Tsunemori is so perfect its starting to piss me off, because of this she lacks some deep feeling from her character.

it's funny when in ep 11 Akane was bashed everywhere because she "can't shoot properly" and now these kind of comments occur when she tried to overcome it.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Jan 19, 2013 8:01 AM

Oct 2011
it's funny when in ep 11 Akane was bashed everywhere because she "can't shoot properly" and now these kind of comments occur when she tried to overcome it.

And after episode one "she's not badass enough".

Sure, she's not a badass, she's emotionnal and full of empathy, but she's not afraid of this.

Like Masaoka said, she's able to accept things like they are. It doesn't mean that she is not able to change anything (remember episode one), but she won't agonize too long about it.

To quote Maria about Saki in Shinsekai Yori :

"But you're different from us. I've told you before, but you're very strong. I don't mean that in the sense of muscles, nor do I mean that your spirit or your willpower is strong. Rather you're easily moved to tears and easily discouraged. I loved that part of you too. But no matter what difficulties you face, and even if every fiber of your being is consumed by grief, you can recover. You don't completly succumb easily"
Jan 19, 2013 8:38 AM

Jul 2010
After the back story of last episode we finally got to resume the story.

Akane's very brave, reliving such an awful memory for the sake of research like that! I also didn't see Masaoka being Ginoza's father coming.

Jan 19, 2013 12:36 PM

Aug 2011
Very interesting episode. I admire Akane more than ever now. Her courage and strength as a detective is outstanding, along with her solid, blue hue. She might be right in thinking that this job may be something that only she can do.

Surprised about Ginoza's father too. So that's why they were quite direct with each other in the past. This show is such a feast for the eyes visually. The last scene during the credits with the sunset was amazing.
Jan 19, 2013 12:52 PM

Jul 2012
Was okay, the only thing that annoyed me was the rubix cube in the beginning it just made no sense.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 19, 2013 1:08 PM

Jun 2011
Hah, just when I saw Ginoza and Masaoka at the roof and they didn't even start talking I was like: omgsomasaokaisginozasfatheromgomgomg *pressure rises*
Just how is that possible I didn't realise it earlier...?

And whoa, I thought Akane would be freakin depressed after Yuki died. Guess she's really strong person. Hope Akane's haters will shut up now~ :D
Jan 19, 2013 1:15 PM

Aug 2011
Naxrrhid said:

Please do not bring that disgrace of animation, SSY, anywhere near a PP discussion please. This thread is for animes that are worth watching and not disgusting. Thank you for your cooperation :)

HAHAHA I remember this moronic homophobe from the Shinsekai yori episode discussions a while back. Looks like he's still making a fool of himself as always!
Jan 19, 2013 2:25 PM

Nov 2011
communiist said:
Wow i had no idea that tomomi was ginoza's dad. quite a shock tbh

LOL I think it was pretty obvious.... during the last minutes of this ep I was actually thinking.... OMG this is actually the first time they actually SAY it yet in my mind i had them already pictured as father and son for quite a long while.
Jan 19, 2013 2:48 PM

Nov 2011
Akane is getting serious, i like it. :D It was a good ep.
Morridine said:
LOL I think it was pretty obvious.... during the last minutes of this ep I was actually thinking.... OMG this is actually the first time they actually SAY it yet in my mind i had them already pictured as father and son for quite a long while.

yeah i thought that too XD
Jan 19, 2013 5:51 PM
Oct 2012
Orsonius said:
Was okay, the only thing that annoyed me was the rubix cube in the beginning it just made no sense.

It does, actually. It subconsciously lets you build up a character profile of the woman. Everything that is in the show is usually included for a reason. My immediate impression is that she is manipulative, skillful and dexterous in both her dealings with individuals and her dealings with the system. I think that there is a very good chance she's Sibyl's avatar. The fact that she is female (the word sibyl or oracle has connotations of this), seems omniscient (access to technical data, background knowledge/understanding of Makishima), seems to enjoy the fact that Makishima is 'at the end of his tether' are words all suggesting that it is a kind of game/entertainment/amusement to her.

I immediately distrust her. She's set up like a second antagonist. Doubt she'll help Makishima or the PBS.
Jan 19, 2013 6:00 PM

Feb 2012
Not sure if the chief is Makishima's mother but her reaction sure was interesting.
Jan 19, 2013 7:41 PM

Apr 2012
So that old guy, Masaoka, is actually Ginoza's father, huh. Well well, family drama within the department; that certainly explains Ginoza's dislike for him. I must admit I don't have much love left for Ginoza due to his general sucky attitude, and especially after his sucking-up to that government lady.

Speaking of government lady, I got some creepy vibes from her in the end... seems like she might be personally involved in the case.
Jan 20, 2013 7:30 AM

Sep 2012
So this episode should shut up those who said Akane is just a wimpish or weak character. As I said long time back, I believe Akane was chosen by the Sibyl system as the best person for the role of execution officer for a reason, and I don't think the point of the show is not about Sibyl system making a wrong call about Akane.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 20, 2013 8:36 AM

Jul 2010
Let the hunt and final batle begin! Nice episode, Akane was actually useful -for once- and did something without relying on others which I liked. I still blame her for her friends dead though, idk, if you see your friend getting killed in front of your eyes and you can't shoot the "enemy" with a real gun, don't go whine about it later on.

In my honest opinion I think that what she did -the image retrieving thing- is the least she could do to make up for the fact she let her friend die in front of her eyes, this way it wasn't all for nothing at least.

[I don't encourage just killing Makashima off but yeah, you are a detective and deal with criminals/murderers/kidnappers/psychopats, you know shit like this can happen. She could've tried to at least aim for his hand, legs or shoulder instead of killing him...]
Jan 20, 2013 10:04 AM

Jan 2013
I thought I'd wind up hating Akane when I first took on the series. But with the recent eps I think she's becoming a badass. At least I have yet to see any major whining from her.
Jan 20, 2013 10:53 AM

Jun 2012
parfaited said:
Danielcook said:
Akane's a pretty strong lady. I wonder if the only way her crime coefficient turns red is when she has hot, rough, sexual intercourse with Kogami. Lol.

ooh lawd! Thank you for typing out what i've always been thinking. I ship them.

LOL!!

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jan 20, 2013 1:41 PM

Jul 2012
Booom, great episode :)
Jan 21, 2013 2:15 AM
Nov 2012
well well hello daddy! ...should have realised earlier!
The old lady.. :/
i have a feeling there will come a time where she truns on them ><
Jan 21, 2013 2:17 AM
Mar 2010
parfaited said:
Danielcook said:
Akane's a pretty strong lady. I wonder if the only way her crime coefficient turns red is when she has hot, rough, sexual intercourse with Kogami. Lol.

ooh lawd! Thank you for typing out what i've always been thinking. I ship them.

Oh gosh when I read that I was like 'O////O'
I ship Akane x Kogami too! <3
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 21, 2013 5:47 AM

Jan 2008
Woah, I was omg about Ginoza and Masaoka. That was unexpected until they met at the rooftop. I really found that scene between them quite touching.
Woah, there's something amiss about the old lady. Umm, I look forward about her involvement in the case. The old lady voice and acting was well delivered.
Jan 21, 2013 11:33 AM

Jan 2011
Well what happened at the end was kind of obvious...
The rest of the episode was interesting though, most of the development of this episode was in the preview. Even misses boss wants to get him, I wonder what she went through.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 21, 2013 2:33 PM

Nov 2012
Great episode! Things are shaping up to get pretty interesting.
Jan 21, 2013 6:29 PM

Feb 2012
Good episode :D

Wtf is with that old woman o_o She's nuts...
I'll prepare myself incase they reveal that Makishima's the good guy all along ~_~
Jan 22, 2013 8:49 AM

May 2010
yukiaoi said:
What a good twist at the end. Is she makishima's relative, huh? She called him 'Shougo-kun'

I wouldn't be surprise if she is but we'll just have to wait and see !!

Jan 22, 2013 10:39 AM

Jan 2013
Wanted more Akane-Kogami moments, but ):

Still, lots of interesting implications I think! Like how your Crime Coefficient goes up/Psycho-pass goes murky when you start questioning your job and role, i.e. the system itself - which quite conveniently makes any rebels and anarchists - or revolutionaries and visionaries - automatically criminals. One way to keep yourself in power.

Also, can't wait to see what twists and turns Akane's character is gonna take in future eps. Particularly with the similarities between the nature of her and Makishima's PP and CCs. I wonder what the loophole is? CANNOT WAIT. This show is too interesting. (:
Jan 23, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2008
Episode 14 Preview
Jan 24, 2013 1:57 AM
May 2012
ShoutaAzuma said:
Episode 14 Preview

Just posted on 'episode preview thread':-

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=528308&pages=1&show=0#msg19521041

Son of a bitch, someone just killed the girl & that person who broke someone's home must be the old woman who knows everything about Makishima or maybe Makishima himself!
JafriZinJan 25, 2013 7:42 AM
Jan 24, 2013 11:15 AM

Apr 2011
Yes
Death_Acolyte said:
Does anyone else like when the characters say.. SPOOKAY BOOGAY!!?

Yes I get a loled out of it every time. Great episode.
Jan 24, 2013 6:21 PM

Jul 2008
Gino and Masoka being Father and son, not shocked but it finally puts a few things in perspective.

Now what does the old police hag have to do with Shogo...conspiracy!!!
Jan 25, 2013 7:31 AM

Oct 2012
Was the Lady related to Shougo?

She had a Hint knowing Shougo somehow.

meh......maybe it's just me.

Jan 25, 2013 7:36 AM
May 2012
WolfWood37 said:
Now what does the old police hag have to do with Shogo...conspiracy!!!

stealthymoose said:
Was the Lady related to Shougo?

She had a Hint knowing Shougo somehow.

meh......maybe it's just me.

This is exactly what I was thinking! I mean come on, this is really getting my friggin nerves here about what's gonna happen next!
Jan 25, 2013 11:31 AM
Mar 2009
Wow, depending everything on Sibyl. That's dumb. There's no way such a system would live much longer.

Holy shit, Shinya was reading "Heart of Darkness."

Wow, Akane is really strong. Seems like Gino is quite envious of how she can easily control her Psycho-Pass.

Did not expect Masaoka to be Gino's dad. That was quite a surprise for me.
Jan 25, 2013 10:35 PM
Apr 2012
Wow...This show is fantastic.
Feb 4, 2013 8:03 AM
May 2012
I sense the betrayal is coming despite the old woman knews everything about Makishima. BETRAYAL!!!!!!

And yes, that awkward start despite pointless flashback episode last time which was focused on Yayoi.
Feb 7, 2013 1:08 AM

Feb 2013
Hikarusuke said:
Yes
Death_Acolyte said:

Yes I get a loled out of it every time. Great episode.

Me Love! :3
let's boogeying.. xD

- More and more development to Akane's, from just a dull newbie inspector, to become such a brave young woman.. ;)
- i begin to ship Kogami X Akane hard becuz we can see that they are really care for each other.. xD
- That creepy old lady in the end is the high ranking officer that talk in Gino earlier right? or did i mistaken them?
Feb 7, 2013 2:29 PM

Dec 2012
I'm glad that my theory that Akane being innocent as she is save her from getting her Psycho-Pass clouded is in part, true.
This is my interpret on why the three people Touma, Shougo, and Akane's Psycho-pass is so clear:
Touma: He believe so strongly in his conviction of justice. So strongly that he in fact feels nothing while carrying out his killing, no remorse, no satisfaction. Killing for him is so nature as breathing
Shougo: Due to his great intellect, he is bore with life. The only thing get his satisfaction is to see people struggle with their fate. Taking away people's lives is so insignificant for him thus, he feels nothing
Akane: She is a happy-go-lucky staying positive type. She accepts society for what it is. She questioned it but then she understood it. People usually don't accept fates. They always question it, regret it, enraged by it. Akane understands that it is water under the bridge. She also has a clear distinction between personal feelings and duty (things that Kogami couldn't do) that makes her so much stronger mentally than other Enforcers
Feb 10, 2013 7:18 PM
May 2012
Feb 10, 2013 10:33 PM

Jan 2013
Good series
Feb 12, 2013 8:08 PM

Jun 2011
AlexTheRiot said:
Death_Acolyte said:

YES. Especially Kagari.

Holy crap, Masaoka is Gin's papi..who saw that coming? Now we understand his coldness toward him, namely his blow up on him during the factory case early on.

This is getting so good.

I liked the name Spooky Boogie :)

Duh, it's so obvious that Masaoka is Ginoza's dad ever since Akane questioned about their relationship, hints are everywhere. At first I was also guessing that the old lady in the office is Ginoza's mom, but when I saw the end of the episode, I am starting to have doubt, still, I am believing :) I wonder what kind of relationship the old lady and Makishima had..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 15, 2013 4:23 AM
Oct 2007
You would think they would have created some kind of manual override, or a way to recognize Shougo as a criminal.
Mar 2, 2013 4:38 PM

Jun 2010
Wow, might give PP a 9.
Mar 27, 2013 2:09 AM

Dec 2010
So Old man is Gino's father.. I guess I should have seen it coming.

Stark700 said:
Anyways, good episode imo.
Mar 28, 2013 10:54 PM

Sep 2011
Akane is sure taking this well surprising. LOL
Mar 30, 2013 2:11 PM

Aug 2011
Wow!! Talk about revelations... Masaoka and Ginoza, hmmm.
Apr 6, 2013 1:57 PM

Aug 2009
A penchant for revelations, this series has it.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.