Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Mar 23, 2019 6:57 PM

Mar 2017
Really missing the original ED.
May 28, 2019 10:29 PM

Aug 2017
Good episode about how Yayoi joined the team..also, we got a different look at the Sibyl System when a group of musicians are trying to rebel against the system.

I don't like the new OP lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 6, 2019 10:55 AM

Dec 2014
was not expecting the new op.... hmm well let's see how it goes
Jul 7, 2019 9:46 PM

Dec 2018
Lol 'Yayoi', maybe she has an interest on Yaoi.

The Rehab changed Yayoi.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 23, 2019 2:11 AM

May 2016
NOOOOOO. They changed OP and ED. What the fuck. : ( The first ones were so good, they were easily some of my favourite parts of this show.
These second ones... Not so much. : (

R.i.p. that sick opening tune of the first ED that capped off each episode so perfectly, as well as those sickass character mugshots it had (seriously, they were so fucking cool)
R.i.p. the killer vocals (that I couldn't help/stop trying to sing along to) and direction of the first OP

Also this episode really didn't have very good direction. And was just more silly than usual I feel.
ZaugrJul 23, 2019 2:20 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2019 10:22 AM

Nov 2016
I wonder why she didn't questioned the Sybil system even after what happened to her...
Jan 1, 2020 8:17 PM

Jul 2012
I found the OP animation lacking, but I really like the new ED song!

This episode was a nice look into the world and the viewpoints of different characters who live in it.

Kougami manipulated Yayoi into joining and Sasayami seemed a bit crazy. Dude was excited that he was allowed execution mode on his dominator and even smirked after he killed him. Made me question "Are we the bad guys?" haha.

Either way, there are definitely things wrong with this society, and I'm curious as to why so many morally questionable things are okay with most people. Like how when you get put into "rehabilitation," there's a very small chance that you'll ever leave because the environment of that place naturally makes your hue even worse. This seems to be common knowledge but no one seems to be protesting the practice.
Jan 22, 2020 9:47 AM
Feb 2014
I liked the episode and found it a nice break from the last one. Things were so intense that a short backstory fill was fine.

I either don't understand, or don't like Yayoi. I guess since she was an approved musical artist she couldn't fully understand why her girlfriend buddy wanted to rebel so much. She said that she dreamed of singing on stage with her while she was in rehab, so shouldn't she hate the system too? Seems odd to me that she's fine with it picking everyone's profession, as Rinna was rejected.

Sasayami is an asshole and, like others have said, can't say I care much that he died. Sucks that Kogami misses him though.

Right now, I'm really compelled by the villains that want to break out from the system, even if their means are less than moral. They've got great points.
Mar 8, 2020 9:20 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
So far, the people who have opposed Sybil have been making valid points...
Yayoi's backstory was nice, and somewhat provides details concerning their pasts.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Aug 13, 2020 6:44 AM
Oct 2017
Am I meant to hate Yayoi now?

Because I sure do hate her
Sep 6, 2020 8:14 AM

Feb 2019
Ah yes it clicks for me now. Fight against the system is the theme of this anime, I was oblivious to this during previous eps because it was quite boring and I didn't pay much attention lol
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Nov 9, 2020 3:33 PM

Apr 2020
This episode tells about Yayoi's past
Nov 24, 2020 8:51 AM
Nov 2020
This episode was HORRIBLY written. Yayoi as a character in a story and as a person makes no sense. She's a mess of contradictions.

We're shown she is obsessed with Rina a roguish, "Unlicensed" Musician and finds her captivating. She's then shown in "therapy" going insane and not allowed guitar strings for her guitar - her only motivation being to play music and be with Rina.

She's then given a chance to become an Enforcer and tasked to help them hunt anarchists hanging around the music hotspots (HMmmmm, I wonder who that could involve?)
She doesn't think "Wait, you want me to arrest people just like me and the woman I obsess about?" like an actual human being would and eventually joins.

Later in a dumbfounding moment, she choses to try and shoot Rina, her main motivation as a character because... she's going against the will of this dystopian system she herself is a victim of.
Worst yet, she was told people in therapy RARELY RECOVER and either stay or are EXECUTED. So she ignored this detail and decided to arrest her flame. WORST WRITING I'VE EVER SEEN.
Dec 30, 2020 10:42 PM

Jun 2020
It’s a good & thought-provoking episode with worldbuilding & so much character development but hope it ties together with the main timeline, otherwise it’s pretty out of place pacing.

Also Sasayama is.......different from what I expected to say the least. And Ginoza was so different then. He seems like a pretty complex character, I like him. Also really liked when Kougami said that the system was right about Yayoi’s aptitude as a potential Enforcer. It’s so ironic at the same time how he eventually loses himself in the same system.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 13, 2021 5:38 PM
May 2011
acesahn said:
This episode was HORRIBLY written. Yayoi as a character in a story and as a person makes no sense. She's a mess of contradictions.

We're shown she is obsessed with Rina a roguish, "Unlicensed" Musician and finds her captivating. She's then shown in "therapy" going insane and not allowed guitar strings for her guitar - her only motivation being to play music and be with Rina.

She's then given a chance to become an Enforcer and tasked to help them hunt anarchists hanging around the music hotspots (HMmmmm, I wonder who that could involve?)
She doesn't think "Wait, you want me to arrest people just like me and the woman I obsess about?" like an actual human being would and eventually joins.

Later in a dumbfounding moment, she choses to try and shoot Rina, her main motivation as a character because... she's going against the will of this dystopian system she herself is a victim of.
Worst yet, she was told people in therapy RARELY RECOVER and either stay or are EXECUTED. So she ignored this detail and decided to arrest her flame. WORST WRITING I'VE EVER SEEN.

Truly . It seems like they just wanted to make room for the secondary characters but never really cared . Also , sasayama or w/e his name is seems like an @sshole . 2/5 episode .
Jan 31, 2021 1:40 AM

Jun 2017
i don't really get yaoi's motivations but ok

SolidPayne said:
So the Sybil System decides to throw you in jail and call you a criminal because you like to listen to shitty grunge music? Not gonna lie, guys. That's pretty weak.

This whole Sybil System is so stupid and flawed that even an infant could point out what's wrong with it and I get it "the government's corrupt" blah blah blah. I wasn't born yesterday I've seen this shit before but in most stories about a corrupt government, they usually try to be a little bit more subtle than this and even then if this thing doesn't do any good and in fact has done nothing but made things worse, what fucking good is it and why would anyone go along with this? The human race can be naive but we're not this stupid. It's the same sorta problem I had with the film Equilibrium, I don't buy that we as a race would decide to just give up our emotions. Sorry ain't fucking buying it. The sybil system should be a top secret conspiracy or something, not well known and explain to the public.

The stupidity of this system and how everyone reacts to it takes me straight out of this anime. Well, that and how generically stereotypical these characters are and how generic the setting is

This anime better get read good real fast because I'm really close to dropping it a lower rating than the 6 I'm giving it and then just go watch Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex instead. Characters are way cooler, it's far more original and the music's done by Yoko Kanno

i know you wrote this 99 years ago but assuming that you somehow retain the same views, you might be surprised how narrow-minded the general populace may be willing to conform to, let alone one that is japanese - and in this particular setting seems to have grown up with it

it's also an anime and warrants some suspension of disbelief lol
Jan 31, 2021 1:52 AM

Jun 2010
I probably don't. I haven't watched it in years so I don't know how I'd feel about it if I watched it again so you're probably right.

That being said the argument of "It's anime just roll with it" isn't a good excuse, unless you're talking about an over the top shounen series or something. Every piece of medium requires suspension of disbelief to a degree but you can't just brush shit off with "well it's just this medium, just go with it" especially with a series like this that's suppose to be more grounded and serious
Apr 1, 2021 11:52 AM

Jan 2016
I like the old OP more
Jan 3, 2022 7:13 AM

Dec 2007
like that after mind blowing episode we got some character episode to lighten the mood a little.
didn't liked though that musician in the future are going to be politician force or whatever lol.

dunno about the OP it was little strange after the 1st one, but the ED was nice as the 1st.
Aug 4, 2022 5:39 AM
Aug 2022
The new op / ending slaps

I'm getting some serious lesbian vibes from Aoyanagi and Rina. Like god damn, just kiss already.

Also idk about y'all, but I'm getting some serious fucked up vibes from Sasayama. Ik that Kougami was all like "he was a funny guy", but from what I've seen he's just a crazy cop who enjoys killing people. Like he was smiling after he fucking eradicated that one dude with the knife. If that isn't some foreshadowing to some future event, idk what is.

Overall though, it was a pretty good episode. My only issue is not with the episode, but just with the placing of the episode. Like why did we get a backstory episode following the last episode, where we got to see our protagonists meet Makishima for the first time. It felt like the main storyline was starting to build some speed, but it feels like they kinda lost that momentum because this episode was just essentially a side characters backstory. As an individual episode though, I thought it was very enjoyable and exciting

Feb 22, 2023 8:12 PM
Oct 2017
Lots of conflicting feelings on this episode, since I actually, since the last episode, I feel the rebels are more on the right of fighting against the system. I feel Kunizuka was manipulated by Kougami. Interesting conflict nevertheless.
Mar 15, 2023 12:13 AM

May 2021
I was expecting the aftermath of previous episode. Guess it'll be in the next one.

But to lie about the Dominator? We know how Kougami is but damn that's a smart one ;)

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Apr 13, 2023 8:12 PM
Jul 2020
i love the episode
May 26, 2023 3:08 AM

Apr 2013
Funny how Ernie Ball allowed them to use their trademark.
Aside from that it was a dumb episode though.
Why did she become a criminal in the first place? Just because she had contact with another one? How did they catch her?
And why did she decide to become an enforcer in the end? Because Koga lied to her? Because she was not able to stop a criminal? Huh?
Jun 19, 2023 6:14 PM

Dec 2022
Yayoi hadn't had much development prior to this episode, so the insight into her backstory was a pleasant surprise. The dominators locking themselves down and being unable to fire if the target has some arbitrary number lower than what permits firing seems stupid to me too. I neglected to bring this up before, but it would be a more effective weapon if it still read the crime coefficient so that the user could choose whether or not to fire based on the number, but didn't disallow firing under any circumstance. Since only a select few authorised individuals are allowed to wield them anyway, in the off chance that someone did misuse them, they could be punished. The current system that gun uses endangers more lives than it saves.

Shaded Horizon

Jun 25, 2023 2:15 PM
May 2017
WHAT ARE YU DOIN YAYOIIIIIII??????????
Jul 14, 2023 4:53 PM

Aug 2019
She left the nail polish and the guitar string behind :(

In this system there’s no chance for them rehabilitate properly
Aug 28, 2023 7:01 AM

Jul 2012
Finally the story about this girl..
Music only good for gov lol 😂

Rina's band is anti-gov

N starting from this point I am guessing that every main chara finally will realized that they can't depend fully on the system / the system is trash / misleading..

Jan 30, 10:15 AM

Jan 2008
This show is sometimes great and sometimes so badly written. Like others have implied in this thread, am I supposed to sympathise with a government dog like Yayoi during that pivotal exchange with the singer? Because I was 100% with the rebellious singer who wanted to bring down a fucked up dystopia through any means necessary.

Yayoi's motivations made very little sense considering her background, and the episode's direction was orchestrated in a way to make her seem like a tragic hero, and the singer a villain.

With better direction and usage of music, the director could have still told the exact same story: that of a woman throwing away her principles to salvage a modicum of life outside a cell, she would rather be the oppressor than a victim.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 22, 3:30 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to Stark700
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I liked that cool band in the beginning and the new OP!

Anyways, I also liked seeing a lot of Yayoi this episode. I didn't know she had friends from a band. I liked the latter half of this episode with the dominators. After watching the episode, Yayoi is one cool chick imo :3
@Stark700 ya :D I loved that we got some backstory for a character that was in the main group, but wasn't emphasized as much.
Yesterday, 5:59 PM

Jul 2022
The prison where Yayoi was really reminds me of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for some reason, and sheesh is it a horror material, especially when the room turned red and that doctor or whatever that woman was started speaking to Yayoi in a hypnotizing voice, telling her lies of how she'll get away from there if she behaves good enough, like a fucking dog.

So it's the second part of the anime when shit gets real huh. Maybe i got used to it, but maybe the reasons people give out as to why Sybil sucks become more and more sensical.
Yesterday, 6:04 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to Saww_Duss
@Stark700 ya :D I loved that we got some backstory for a character that was in the main group, but wasn't emphasized as much.
Saww_Duss said:
I loved that we got some backstory for a character that was in the main group, but wasn't emphasized as much.

Me too and I also feel that throughout the franchise all of them will be well explored in a way that enriches the story, without any character being simply a device to further develop another, main character. I really like that about Psycho-Pass.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

287 by scorpioniclibra »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

351 by scorpioniclibra »»
Yesterday, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2013

293 by scorpioniclibra »»
Yesterday, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2012

726 by scorpioniclibra »»
Yesterday, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.