Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 26, 2008 5:56 AM

Jun 2007
Great Arrancar Encyclopedia entry! LOL
Nov 26, 2008 6:32 AM
Feb 2008
Shurtugal said:
Great Arrancar Encyclopedia entry! LOL

I second that XD.
Nov 26, 2008 6:44 AM

Jun 2008
this episode could be some much better,but damn these pointless comedy crap.

kateykayy said:
dabazzinator said:

and why the hell isnt inoue healing ichigo? is she that dumb?

I was actually wondering the same thing

aren't we all thinking that
kie_Nov 26, 2008 6:54 AM
Nov 26, 2008 6:52 AM

Feb 2008
nothing interesting for the episode.. too bland

just watch for the opening and ending song. :(
Nov 26, 2008 7:22 AM

Apr 2008
Hmmmmmmm.... expected this much from this episode, just KNEW they weren't gonna give us the good action yet in this one, hopefully it'll be in next one !! This was more of an introduction of fights to come.... with lame dondochaka and peche ''jokes''

and indeed.... Wtf is Inoue doing , standing around there....

Whow I'd really like to watch pink-chan fight sometime too though !! Whonder what that wil be like !
Nov 26, 2008 8:45 AM

Dec 2007
More like an introduction episode, just to say which captains are over at HM. Hope next week will be more interesting an a bit more action packed.
Nov 26, 2008 9:37 AM

Oct 2007
Can someone please slap Inoue? Why is she just standing there and not healing Ichigo -_-

Nov 26, 2008 10:02 AM

Nov 2007
yay. glad to see that the animation is picking up as well as the fight scenes. finally back into the real part of the story. it feels like forever since ive seen the main story arc again without some long ass flashback.
Nov 26, 2008 10:24 AM

Oct 2007
instant K.O. by Ken-chan was awesome;P
Nov 26, 2008 11:14 AM

Nov 2007
Fucking lol @ Arrancar Encyclopedia.
Nov 26, 2008 11:55 AM

Jun 2008
Kenpachi never really lost to Ichigo, it ended in more of a draw, but yeah it does seem a bit off that Ichigo has "powered up" twice, and yet seems weaker than he did in soul society. That is one of my bigger gripes with the series. Kenpachi wasn't really going all out in his battle with Ichigo, but still it is a major plot hole in my opinion.

I was just glad to fianally see some blood this episode, the introductions actually were paced better than I was expecting, and is really a step in the right direction. I'm kind of looking forward to the next few episodes after bieng a bit dissapointed in the action the last few weeks.
Nov 26, 2008 12:19 PM

Oct 2008
SNDK said:
More like an introduction episode, just to say which captains are over at HM. Hope next week will be more interesting an a bit more action packed.

Spot on.

Still, I liked this episode a lot. Let`s hope the action will be epic, since the fighting that was in this episode was pretty weak. Very weak actually, if you know what I mean.
It seemed so off, nothing special at all.
Still, whatever Bleach does, I won`t get disappointing:P
Nov 26, 2008 12:31 PM

Aug 2008
TechDragon said:
OmegaRed said:
I really liked Mayuri's line, " I feel sorry for you. You are about to experience a world beyond your comprehension."
That was a really good line.

I'm not a fan of Mayuri, but his lines here were just great. I can't wait for next episode.
And Arrancar Encyclopedia was hilarious xD

The best shape for an angel! ;)

Nov 26, 2008 1:20 PM

Oct 2007
Good episode - it was just introducing all the captains that came - talk as usual but got some action still!
and my god Inoue just heal Ichigo already >.<

The Arrancar Encyclopedia was simply HILARIOUS XD

hopefully looking forward to an action packed episode next week!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2008 2:19 PM
Apr 2008
and the show is finally getting good again
Nov 26, 2008 2:21 PM

Jun 2007
Pretty good.

Mayuri looked ridiculous though.... But at least he'll help us get rid of that freaking annoying espada >.>

btw did Yachiru grow, or was it just the terrible artwork that popped up every now and then (look at Kenpachi when he's introducing himself for example)
Nov 26, 2008 2:53 PM

Aug 2008
If only because this is the most interesting episode since like February or March, I'll say that I like it.
Nov 26, 2008 6:33 PM

Sep 2008
i like it.. but i was waiting for more action... more fight..
Nov 26, 2008 10:43 PM

Feb 2007
Now that each of the captain's introductions in HM are done, things will definitely become a lot more exciting in the next 3-4 episodes. Yay for Mayuri's return and the Arrancar Encyclopedia.
Nov 26, 2008 11:27 PM

Aug 2008
This one was indeed interesting and it was good to see Captain Kourchki again but lol at the weird hat he was wearing
Nov 27, 2008 1:56 AM

Apr 2008
at everyone who keeps bringing up how Ichigo got owned by Nnotria and whatever seems to have forgotten that Ichigo just fought Grimmjow, not only does he not have his mask, but he was extremly weak cause of that fight with no time to heal what do you expect, he just finished with #6 and you expect him to fight #5 right after?

give me a break ~_~
Nov 27, 2008 4:50 AM
Jul 2008
i kinda wished hitsugaya and matsumoto had shown up, but i guess they'll show up later? (i don't read the manga so i'm just guessing). anyway, it was funny when yachiru kicked ichigo in the head repeatedly so that he wouldn't interfere with kenpachi's battle XD Also nice to see that byakuya came to rukia's rescue, though i wish rukia would just snap out of whatever half-dead state she's in and join the fight! but i guess that ain't happening anytime soon T.T

anyway, overall a good episode, looking fwd to the next one! ^^
Nov 27, 2008 5:00 AM

Aug 2008
The Arrancar Encyclopedia part was funny XD
*badass mode activated*
Nov 27, 2008 7:07 AM

Apr 2008
Really nice ep ^^ 5/5
Nov 27, 2008 8:57 AM

Apr 2008
thought it was ok. glad to see yachiru. wish the fights would progress a bit faster though

Nov 27, 2008 9:13 AM

Apr 2008
MAYURI!!!!
:)
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Nov 27, 2008 9:49 AM
Dec 2007
I actually screamed" Holy **** ! BLOOD ! SOME ACTUAL BLOOD !" when Kenpachi sliced up Tesla.

As for Ichigo, while there are obvious plotholes found in the power levels there's a few explanations to make up for it. Ichigo's latent mix of Shinigami and Hollow powers bring his raw power at a higher level than both Byakuya and Kenpachi, as shown in Soul Society (just that we didn't know it was because he was a Vizard).

During the Kenpachi fight he let himself go and just released all his powers, which led him to a draw (he would have won had Kenpachi not stabbed him in the heart before that part). During the Byakuya fight his Hollow actually takes over and basically beats the crap out of Byakuya. Afterwards Byakuya just kind of takes pity on Ichigo and considers it his victory.

What both fights prove is that Ichigo has the power to take them on, but in terms of experience he has not yet mastered using all that power. His Hollow powers especifically are both a boon and a drag, since they drain his stamina which means he can't use the full extent of his powers for a long time, plus it means he's left defenseless after he uses them.

As a summary: I believe Ichigo is still as powerfull if not more powerfull than Byakuya and Kenpachi. But he lacks control over his Hollow powers and hasn't dedicated much time to refine his Bankai skills. Plus, it's more dramatic to finish every fight on the border of death, I guess.

Nov 27, 2008 11:10 AM

Jul 2008
My first impression was like "Yay! Captains are there now!"
, but the feeling began to turn darker when I saw Inoue acting like and idiotic woman and not healing Ichigo's injuries. Wha the hell was that all about? Maybe she got carried away with looking at Kenpachi-kun? ^^ <3 Just kidding.. Ichigo was acting strange, all his will to fight suddenly disapeared. I hate the comedy fillers and the lack of fighting. I thought Bleach was all about fighting, being brave and stuff >.< But I somehow understand Ichigo's situation.. he just fighted 6th espada and 5th shows up..

OmegaRed said:
I really liked Mayuri's line, " I feel sorry for you. You are about to experience a world beyond your comprehension."

nice one ^^ I liked it too...

Nov 27, 2008 3:15 PM

May 2008
I loved this Episode!!
I never liked Kanpachi .. but after this Episode I truly thought about having him as one of my favorite characters X3
Byakuya was really cool too =)

But why Inoue keep standing there doing nothing while Ichigo is hurt badly?!!!
Nov 27, 2008 4:03 PM

Nov 2008
Awesome episode. But comedy scenes are not funny.
Nov 28, 2008 12:54 AM
Oct 2008
I almost wanted to see some more from Unohana. She's a healer, she naturally wouldn't be fighting. I wish the others wouldn't have backed down though. When peaceful people are pushed to the limit, they can kick some hardcore ass. (:

Also, funny how everyone seems to be fighting their equivalents. Scientist vs scientist; Blood-thirsty vs blood-thirsty~~
Nov 28, 2008 2:04 AM

Apr 2008
Annoying episode! Orihime is just crying instead of healing. The captains are all just standing around talking instead of doing something. And worst of all, flipping between them every minute. Argh!
Nov 28, 2008 5:29 AM
Dec 2007
ohbeecity said:
I almost wanted to see some more from Unohana. She's a healer, she naturally wouldn't be fighting. I wish the others wouldn't have backed down though. When peaceful people are pushed to the limit, they can kick some hardcore ass. (:

Also, funny how everyone seems to be fighting their equivalents. Scientist vs scientist; Blood-thirsty vs blood-thirsty~~
Unohana is actually a strong captain, and I'm sure her vice-captain would have been enough to handle those low level guys (were they even Arrancar? I think they were just Fraccion-kind Hollows).

Nov 28, 2008 8:47 AM

Nov 2008
Less talk, more fighting,
4 out of 5
Nov 28, 2008 10:53 AM

Mar 2008
kie_ said:

kateykayy said:
dabazzinator said:

Indeed.
If not her healing power, I'd totally 'bleach' Inoue out of this anime. >_>

Anyway, it's obviously getting better, though I'm waiting for more action :]
Nov 28, 2008 11:36 AM
Mar 2008
lichard said:
Less talk, and less of the attempted comedy from those two. Oh and I want the eyepatch off on Kenpachi.

Nov 28, 2008 11:42 AM

Aug 2008
it was pretty good ep.. Kenpachi was the best he always lought
Nov 28, 2008 2:34 PM

Oct 2007
Stupid bitch Inoue needs to start healing Ichigo. There's no Nnoitra subordinate there now, so heal him already goddammit. And Ichigo is being stupid like usual "yeah I can't fight because I'm the main protagonist in this story lolz!".

Too much talk, we all would like some more action.
And I did enjoy the comedy, although it felt sort of out of place...

Lol @ arrancer encyclopedia. Byakuya is so awesome. ♥
Nov 28, 2008 5:38 PM

Dec 2007
-Lighto- said:

yeah that sonido race made me laugh a lot :P
Nov 28, 2008 7:01 PM

Sep 2008
awsome episode...didnt expected to see so many capitans
abd they are all overpowring the espadas
stil i little shame that ichigo group was deafeated

looking forwardto the next one
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 28, 2008 7:37 PM
Dec 2007
Zero_r2 said:
awsome episode...didnt expected to see so many capitans
abd they are all overpowring the espadas
stil i little shame that ichigo group was deafeated
I'm just a little saddened that the stronger and more experiences captains stayed behind. I have enough of Byakuya and that scientist what's his face. How about giving us some Kyouraku and Ukitake action for a change? They're supposed to be the two most experienced Shinigami around, being the first two graduates from the official Shinigami Academy place, and basically the first two official Shinigami Captains, outside their leader. Seeing how big a history those two have, it's a shame we barely even got to see their Shikai, and we have yet to see their Bankai.

I don't mind Kenpachi, since he's always a riot and his style of fighting can't ever bore you. But Mayuri is just too cheap in a way (poison that only he can cure, shikai that causes paralysis, being able to survive the destruction of almost all his body AND regenerate himself, not to mention last ditch elixir to liquify himself and escape) which really makes him boring IMO. And Byakuya... we've seen everything he's got. His abilities are all based either around flash steps, or Senbonzakura, which means a lot of flower knives and swords, and flying around at insanely high speed.

Nov 29, 2008 12:37 AM
Apr 2008
After several episodes where there should have been no censor on the injuries, I am delighted that there is blood again. The Kenpachi insta-KO made my day.
Nov 29, 2008 6:46 AM
Jul 2018
they're pretty matched up well... a sadist vs a sadist, scientist vs scientist, silent serious guy vs another serious guy.. and why does captain unohana always get very little screen time!? T^T

LMAO at the arrancar encyclopedia part XD
Nov 29, 2008 12:41 PM

Jan 2008
1. The comedy filler was too much I agree

2. I wanted to kick Inoues ass. Why didnt she heal Ichigo ?

3. It is lame that the help appears always in the right time- do they wait till the situation gets hopeless?
Nov 29, 2008 4:42 PM
Apr 2008
Chandre said:
-Lighto- said:

yeah that sonido race made me laugh a lot :P

Funny indeed.
Nov 29, 2008 9:31 PM

Aug 2008
You said Funny indeed =D
Nov 29, 2008 9:59 PM

Nov 2007
Kurotshuchi looks ... different O_O like a pharaoh or something xD and zomg Byakuya <3 it's kick ass time >=D and there's a bit too much talking D: so much talk of names and blah blah blah but hopefully the next few eps focus more on fighting ^^
Nov 29, 2008 11:07 PM

Aug 2007
kie_ said:

kateykayy said:
dabazzinator said:

I'm not since I know that all the calories that are needed to run Inoue's brain are going straight to her boobs. :D

mulderman said:
Pretty good.

Mayuri looked ridiculous though.... But at least he'll help us get rid of that freaking annoying espada >.>

btw did Yachiru grow, or was it just the terrible artwork that popped up every now and then (look at Kenpachi when he's introducing himself for example)

Yeah, I was thinking that Yachiru looked like she got taller or something there. >.>

Overall, its what I've come to expect from Bleach; lots of talking, a bit of action. But thats what makes Bleach Bleach.

4/5 from me. And oh yeah, the Arrancar Encyclopedia was great.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Nov 29, 2008 11:58 PM

May 2008
just watching this after reading the manga... it makes the anime so much better for some reason. knowing how this will all play out... i need the next ep now!

and yes I agree the comedy is getting really dumb, especially since dondochakka and pesche (i lost a year of my life painfully typing those names) are way overused.
Nov 30, 2008 7:43 PM

Oct 2008
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 21, 2012

153 by Zorosake »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

210 by Xashinz »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Apr 24, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.