Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2008 3:46 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good riddance, finally she's gone. New Fate ftw.
Dec 20, 2008 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
GO !! Fate !!! *holds a ting flag that says "GUTS"*
DesuManDec 20, 2008 10:43 PM
Jun 30, 2009 4:13 AM

Jun 2009
Man, sometimes I think this show should be called Magical Girl Fate. I mean, she's by far the most interesting character and she's had almost all the character development.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 25, 2010 3:55 PM

Nov 2007
That's the way I feel. ^
However, since Nanoha is the one that's introduced first, I guess that's why they named it the way they did instead.

*finished rewatching because the epic movie is upon us*

'If you wish, I will protect you from anyone or anything in this entire world. ...Not because I'm your daughter. But because...you're my mother!' - This quote transformed me. It was so powerful and inspiring hearing from someone who dealt with all that severe punishment and yet still clings to her mother. Fate's character simply shone with the utmost of brilliant radiance. It emits her purity.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 15, 2010 4:26 PM

Sep 2009
Finally she's gone, unless she comes back in the second season or something.
Jul 3, 2010 5:52 PM

Sep 2009
glad she is gone this episode was pretty awesome :)

Sep 28, 2010 10:20 AM

Aug 2010
Must say this was pretty enjoyable. Great music, both the battle theme (usually associated with Fate) which is starting to get stuck in my head, and a few new sequences. Unexpectedly fine words of wisdom coming from Nanoha in the opening and Fate to her mother. The animation has aged quite well, with character lighting that makes several scenes look really pleasing to the eye.
Apr 5, 2011 4:11 PM

Sep 2009
kusanagikevin said:
glad she is gone this episode was pretty awesome :)

I agree!!!

Fate FTW!!!!
Jun 5, 2011 11:31 PM

Aug 2008
Glad to see Fate pick herself back up after all that abuse. She still loves her "mother" which is sweet, but I must admit that I'm glad the crazy, hateful b*tch is dead. The animation has been quite good so far, as well.

Jun 9, 2011 4:30 AM

Feb 2011
The verbal abused must've really hurt her the most but despite it she still holds onto her mother
Fate is a good daughter, A sweet loving baddast one which made me love her even more.

Now I understand why there's so many people in the internet holds to her name and seen many signature pics of her
Jul 3, 2011 4:45 AM

Dec 2009
would have been cooler if fate had a wardrobe change to symbolize the throwing of the old self but that's just me xD xD xD
Jul 4, 2011 9:49 PM

Oct 2008
Ciao.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 9, 2011 10:08 PM

Aug 2010
xRiOtSx said:
would have been cooler if fate had a wardrobe change to symbolize the throwing of the old self but that's just me xD xD xD

Totally agree. But I'm a Sailor Moon geek, where wardrobe changes happen all the time. :)

Apr 13, 2012 8:07 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
saxophone15 said:
In cinema, I don't assume a character is dead unless and until I've seen the mangled, dismembered body and an official coroner's report. Even then, I won't feel safe until the mouth has been filled with salt and sewn shut with thread.

insan3soldiern said:
Man, sometimes I think this show should be called Magical Girl Fate. I mean, she's by far the most interesting character and she's had almost all the character development.

Well, seems to me Nanoha already had a strong personality so there wasn't much room for growth there, but she has learned how to kick ass over the course of the series, and it's mostly her decisions that are influencing Fate.
CratexApr 13, 2012 8:15 PM
Oct 31, 2012 8:29 PM

May 2010
Cratex said:
In cinema, I don't assume a character is dead unless and until I've seen the mangled, dismembered body and an official coroner's report. Even then, I won't feel safe until the mouth has been filled with salt and sewn shut with thread.

Except when they go that far to show that the character's dead, it's just because they want to make it more surprising when they come back to life ;)
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 31, 2012 8:38 PM

Feb 2010
Cratex said:
saxophone15 said:

no shes dead poor fate her mother was broken.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 9, 2012 2:15 PM

Oct 2009
OMG that bitch Precia! Finally she's gone, but death was too easy for her. She should've suffered! :S
Sep 28, 2013 1:51 AM

Apr 2009
Fans everywhere were able to collectively breath with relief when Precia died, I will shameless admit I was one of them. XD Ah good-riddance with her, now we can finally move on. Oh wait...
Cratex said:

In other fictional media, they tend to cheat with those too. Resurrection, reanimation, cloning, body double or identical corpse, in case of the material body while hypnosis, memory manipulation, genjutsu and other illusions in case of witnesses accounts from which we view the scene.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 29, 2013 5:50 PM

Jan 2011
Ah huge missed chance..i had hope for Fate to say "I have no need for you (anymore)" Not that would have made sure her mother wouldn't come back.

And saying she's a good daughter when despite all that abuse she clings to her mother? Is that what defines a good daughter? Even if, she is certainly not a "good" girl/human. You don't have to beat her up, not even a little, forgo even a little revenge like what i wote above, but god damn, stop clinging to her, especially if she doesn't want anything to do with you, not even as beat-up-doll like before.

Like Arf said: She can do what she wants now, it's her own time. I guess that includes clinging to her mothe - but that will either end up in her mother killing her, throwing her out - or making her her slave again. She will never be her mothers daugther, and she will never be your mother. Is that really what she wants, is that what gave her the strength to stand up and confront her? If she wants someone abusing her, she surely can find someone who isn't bent on destroying space-time while doing so.
Jan 2, 2014 5:04 PM

Apr 2007
Fate is just a child and she is very loyal/clings to the memories she remembers with Precia back before she went insane. She just wanted to give her mom one last chance to accept her. Since despite all the abuse Precia put her through, she still wants to protect her "mother."
Mar 21, 2014 7:38 AM

Aug 2013
Yay she's gone!

don't let her appear in the second season -___-
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 12, 2014 3:02 PM

May 2012
That ending! Pretty nice episode and well I really wonder what the last episode will offer us!
May 20, 2016 11:36 AM

Apr 2009
Rename:

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Fate
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2018 10:23 PM

Dec 2016
Fate is in a lot of shock, supposed that’s natural considering what happened in the last episode.

Even Lindy is getting involved, she almost looks like a fairy with those wings.

That might be the end of Precia, sad to see Alicia go with her though.
Jul 13, 2019 4:10 AM

Aug 2018
Fate is coming out of depression pretty quickly, and doing right that she needs to follow new path.. Start from zero isn't that easy, Fate is tough..
Party is just getting all sweet.. ;p Though, danger is right here, shit might happen any moment..
Good grief that this bitch mom rejected Fate.. She could have used her even more..
So far it's hard to rate this series.. I guess, I'll have to watch second season people are giving praise to, and then decide.. For now some things are good, and some questionable.. Overall, more on the positive side..
Apr 16, 2022 3:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
There is no saving that bitch, neither she deserved to, any hopes she had, she destroyed long ago, her past haunted her to the point she was oblivious to see what there was around her.
Fate loved her and still could have had a new start with her, despite all the shit she did to her daughter... I only hope from here on out Fate can get past this and find happiness.

Also that holding hands was definitly too sweet, I had to rewatch it a few times solely for that scene~~

More topics from this board

» What do people like about this series?

removed-user - Jan 19, 2019

2 by keyl25 »»
Yesterday, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Episode 10 Discussion

aero - Nov 25, 2008

17 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 24, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Episode 9 Discussion

aero - Nov 25, 2008

24 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Episode 6 Discussion

aero - Nov 24, 2008

24 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Episode 5 Discussion

aero - Nov 24, 2008

32 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 20, 1:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.