Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2013 1:55 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMG !
Sonia in Gold Saint !
With a half mask !
I don't need another thing !
And Tokisada is OP !
Can heal himself, accelerate his speed and another ...
This end : Haruto and Ryuho teleported !
And Sonia at the end ...

Sonia : http://pa.dip.jp/jlab/a1/s/pa1357422313786.jpg
http://pa.dip.jp/jlab/a1/s/pa1357422317734.jpg
http://pa.dip.jp/jlab/a1/s/pa1357422872798.jpg
Jan 5, 2013 7:00 PM

Jun 2012
Oh yea sexy sonia badass :)
Jan 5, 2013 9:26 PM

Jun 2012
At last Two female gold saint :)

i wonder what new skill sonia gona show up this time.
Jan 6, 2013 12:14 AM

Dec 2012
Fantastic episode! I knew Genbu was worth the hype! He was such a badass! He wiped the floor with Tokisada! I guess the rumor about him being Ikki's disciple was false because he was trained by Dohko as he planned for Genbu to don the libra gold cloth. By the way, it was nice seeing him all young again despite the scene being like a second long. Genbu is definitely a true saint, declaring his devotion to Athena not Mars.

Anyway, doesn't anyone think that Tokisada's Chrono Execution look VERY familiar? Hmm.... ;)

Also we got a glimpse of the scorpio gold saint and it was none other than Sonia! Kudos to those who predicted this! It seems that Medea once again handed over the cloth. I thought she looked fantastic! The half mask thing was genius! I definitely prefer this design over Paradox's. She reminds me of another character, hmm...I wonder who it can be.....oh I know.... Haman Karn of Zeta Gundam!
I bet some of you guys are thinking, 'what the heck are you smoking?' They kinda have the same hair.

Also I thought it was funny how Fudo was blasted away, screaming and all, by Eden and once he was gonna hit the floor, he assumes his indian style sitting position and was like 'wut up, dude?' Oh, I was a bit confused, was watching a raw, but did Fudo just let him go?

And one last thing, that ghost face thing on Tokisada's chest totally creeps me out.
legacy-edgeJan 6, 2013 2:47 PM
Jan 6, 2013 4:48 AM

Jan 2011
wow The fight between Genbu and Takisada was really awesome ^^

Can't wait to see the battle of Sonia in Gold Cloth! *o*

Jan 6, 2013 6:09 AM
Jan 2013
I was wondering how the heck Mars an Medea are able to give gold cloths to other persons and how can they use Athena power. Most of omega gold saints are traitors to Athena, so cloths should abandon them if they still have they own will. Omega concept is in pieces and not even trying to make a balanced entirety.

By the way, fight between Genbu and Tokisada was great, so full of action :)
Jan 6, 2013 6:17 AM

Sep 2010
Even though Tokisada has useful skills, I disliked him, and what they did to aquarius cloth. Genbu was cool, I expected him to be on Mars' side when he first appeared and "stole" libra cloth, but I liked how it turned out (bronzies need some allies after all).

Everything starting to collapse made me wonder how many goldies will die this time..

Scorpio Sonia? Awesome! One more female gold saint, and new scorpio cloth looks best so far (from gold ones).
Jan 6, 2013 11:47 AM
Aug 2012
Fudo letting Eden go makes no sense to me. A major battle that could possibly decide the fate of the world, for better or worse, is happening and you decide to remain agnostic and hope everything will figure itself out in the end? Not plausible, you're a gold saint, take a stand.

One needs to congratulate Omega for having female gold saints and more important female characters than the original. Sonia looks like a badass.

Genbu truly deserves to be called a Gold Saint but, then again, like Kiki he is old school (he trained with Dohko after all). I liked this episode much more than previous ones.
Jan 6, 2013 2:46 PM

Jul 2012
ok, time to bash the episode (jk)

first of all, genbu was cool, i'm not surprised that both episodes that i liked had to do with dohko, even tho he is dead, he still makes things badass.

i'm not talking about fudo, everyone knows how i feel about him, meh.

so, old saint seiya fans, didnt genbu appear somewhere in the beginning of the original series? i faintly remember him as shiryu was telling someone about his past and the dude that used to train with him but decided to not become a saint, if i'm not being delusional, that was very well placed, one point for omega.

i totaly hated tokisada, hated the ghost thing on his chest, hated his moves, hated everything, even the copied motion from chrono execution (ahen, aurora execution) wasnt enough for me to like the character, everything from beginning to end that had this guy on, was just forced to the extreme.

talking about forced, yeah yeah sonia (the female with the best character design on this series btw) do look nice on her shiny gold cloth, but man...if the libra cloth chose genbu to be a real saint (one more to the list, leo, libra and aries, the rest are just random pseudo bosses with gold clothes gifted to them) why the hell the other clothes don't do anything? makes no sense as usual, medea is like the santa clauss of gold clothes right now, no me gusta. talk about the will of the clothes, minus one point to omega.

at least on the next episode i'll see soma and sonia, probably the only two non spineless characters on this series, and i hope that soma finally breaks sonia's mask so i can see her face ;)

ps: i loled at haruto stupidity at the end, "don't go" - nooo raaawwwr, *gets swalled*, yep, he had his kouga moment this episode, and even poor ryuho got caught with him...oh dear.

3/5 overall.
"I feel alive cause I'm a loser today and so I'll be tomorrow
I feel insane but that's my nature and I'll never change for your better
Behind the veil there is a lunatic with his out of tune emotions
Madness saved me from all of your average lies - average lies"
Jan 6, 2013 3:04 PM

Sep 2010
bobodan said:
so, old saint seiya fans, didnt genbu appear somewhere in the beginning of the original series? i faintly remember him as shiryu was telling someone about his past and the dude that used to train with him but decided to not become a saint, if i'm not being delusional, that was very well placed, one point for omega.

There was a character like that, but it wasn't Genbu, so no points for Omega :P
Jan 6, 2013 3:11 PM

Jul 2012
quaint said:
bobodan said:

damn it, back to the negative with omega then, hahahaha
Jan 7, 2013 11:07 AM
Sep 2012
Awesome episode, Genku was indent awesome. You know it is getting serious, now that our heros need to be saved by other Gold Saints.

I admit though when I first saw Sonia, I didn't recongnise her, I thought it was another new character, I wasn't even sure if it was male or female. Did Madea just tell her to go kill Eden. That is cold, make her kill her brother who she loves dearly to proove loyalty, and that is your son lady. He was in your womb for goodness sake. But that is how commited she is to her ambition.

Though Sonia vs Eden, that probably wouldn't be a good battle, I don't see any of them going all out, unless Aria's name is brought up, than that would change things. Eden loves her, Sonia hates and blames her for corrupting Eden. But looks like that is not going to happen, might as well just have her and Soma settle things once and for all. And I hoping we see her without the mask. Though that could be bad news for Soma or good news, most likely bad news that more likely going to kill him than give her heart to him. Ha ha. If her mask comes off, I wonder if there will be a strong resembolence to Saori.
Jan 7, 2013 12:09 PM

Jan 2008
Sonia's pink hair looks ridiculous with that golden armour.
Waiting for subs.
Jan 8, 2013 6:28 PM

Aug 2010
quaint said:
bobodan said:

He's Ouko...

http://myanimelist.net/character/46609/Ouko

What's Genbu age? 30-31 years? And Kiki? 32? Seiya? 38? o_0

Oji-chan-tachi...
Jan 9, 2013 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
After seeing this episode I kind of wish Kuramada wrote ryuho into his canonverse and not adding a different name to Shiryu's new born. The connection between Genbu and shiryu was pretty cool I must admit. But like I've said before there are so many awesome elements in omega that I feel are very rushed. For example instead of going to the next fight, let's see a full episode of Genbu training under doko and his connection with Shiryu. But like some you have said it seems that this show is aiming for its 52 or so episode mark so none of the gold saints may not have a chance to have their story pushed any further. But they being said soild episode and next week should be interesting. Lol I kinda feel sorry for soma. He had to deal with a Hornet and now a scorpion?, be carefull with that sting!
DON'T BELIEVE IN THE HYPE, ITS ALL JUST PART OF A MASTER PLAN
Jan 9, 2013 7:06 PM

Jul 2012
TriGG said:
let's see a full episode of Genbu training under doko and his connection with Shiryu.

I would glady watch 12 episodes about each gold saint background, and how / why they were chosen to be gold saints.

But since as we saw on the previous episodes, omega just messed everything around and medea is the santa claus of gold clothes, first tokisada and now sonia, so yeah pretty much there is no background for those two, but even tho i hate paradox for instance, i would've liked to see more about her past, the same with micaene and harbinger, heck even kiki (why not? we could even see some mu if that would happen) bleh, omega had so much potential, wasted on 90% of lame battles and 80% of spineless characters :(
Jan 10, 2013 3:35 AM

Sep 2007

Oh man ...
This totem. *_*
Beautiful !
Jan 10, 2013 8:33 AM

Jan 2011
wth man? no full fight against Virgo :/ Shaka vs Ikki was probably the best fight among the Saint Seiya series (followed closely by Manigoldo/Sage vs Thanatos an Albafica vs Minos) so i was looking forward to this since the arc started... o well at least i liked seeing Sonya as a Gold Saint an Gembu is kinda cool
Jan 12, 2013 5:35 AM

Jan 2008
Quality, quality animation everywhere!
Everything about this episode was anticlimatic and nonsensical.They would do better if they actually gave Haruto's his shining moment as Tokisada killed his bro, revenge time, yada yada. Now not only did they lost precious time to watch a fight that didn't resolve anything and only stated Genbu's badassery (and then they won't do much with him either because he now has to act as a pillar for the houses), they now have to fight with Tokisada AGAIN and lose even more time. Also Eden vs. Fudo didn't have any versus in it, so... yeah. Very dissapointing episode.
Feb 11, 2013 9:41 AM

Jul 2012
Genbu vs Tokisada was the best omega fight ^^

Apr 1, 2023 2:35 PM

Jul 2016
xFo0x said:
Genbu vs Tokisada was the best omega fight ^^

Not hard to be that. None of the fights have been good so far.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 58 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - May 18, 2013

31 by Vindicater »»
Jan 15, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 57 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - May 11, 2013

19 by Vindicater »»
Jan 14, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 56 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - May 4, 2013

24 by Vindicater »»
Jan 13, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 54 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 20, 2013

14 by Vindicater »»
Jan 8, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Omega Episode 53 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Apr 13, 2013

27 by Vindicater »»
Jan 7, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.