Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jul 30, 2015 10:44 PM

May 2015
ZetaZaku said:
So shit it took me three years to complete it.
lol :D
याद रखिये ख़ुशी इस बात पर निर्भर नहीं करती कि आप कौन हैं या आपके पास क्या है ; ये पूरी तरह से इस बात पर निर्भर करती है कि आप क्या सोचते हैं

Aug 10, 2015 3:34 AM
Aug 2015
I will say one thing that disappointed me and I don't see too many other ppl talking about it... Wtf happened to king 5 and 6? Did they just cease to co exist in these 13 episodes...? Green and yellow(maybe a different color because of gold king) just don't seem to care about anything? I dunno maybe it's just me but a lightning or earth king showing up for the final battle would've been cool. Trying to see what the clash of 4 Damocles was
Aug 16, 2015 6:31 PM
Feb 2015
This anime was whatever, but I'm still going to watch the movie and, most likely, the second season. (6/10)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2015 10:05 AM

Jan 2010
Holy shit. I was just scrolling through my page and I saw this on my completed list so I checked it out and I'm like WHAT IS THIS! I don't remember watching it but some of the characters (like the guy with a skateboard) looks familiar... OMG. Considering how I still remember the animes I've seen 8 years back, this one is forgettable as crap! @_@ And I gave it an 8, wow. Looks like I need to re-watch this. Lol.
Sep 3, 2015 8:22 PM

Apr 2012
The best thing about this show was the visual and I liked the ending song very much but the story was meh. I expected something better because so many people I know like it so much.
Sep 6, 2015 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
Holy crap I loved this show from beginning to end. 10/10
Oct 1, 2015 8:45 PM

Jan 2011
Well that was quite an ending...I'm glad I picked season two for the Fantasy Anime League, I'm going to enjoy watching it. No Blood--No Bone--No Ash!
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 18, 2015 6:06 AM

May 2012
This anime is the definition of style over substance. It was probably one of the best looking anime I've seen, but so little about the kings was actually explained and until the last few episodes, the plot felt rather draggy. Some of the characters, particularly the colorless king, could've been better developed, but they were decent for what they were. Managed to enjoy it overall despite its faults, though if it wasn't for the artwork and music, I'd definitely be less forgiving. 7/10
Dec 12, 2015 4:07 AM

Mar 2013
that was really good thank you
Dec 21, 2015 2:16 AM

Jun 2015
Interesting ending
:)
Jan 11, 2016 6:16 AM

Jun 2014
Okay. Woah. This is a much better ending than I expected. I was expecting the typical scenario where an important character has to sacrifice themselves but then they still somehow live. Shiro's death was really upsetting for me :( His face looked so peaceful when Mikoto killed him...

Mikoto's death was equally sad, I wasn't expecting him to die at all! I know it was mentioned that he was nearing his limit, but again, I was expecting the whole "Yeah, you're supposed to die, but you won't because logic." I thought he was a really cool character and I wanted to see more of him. And the reaction of HOMRA ;-; That ending was powerful.

Anyway so the story was a lot cooler than I expected it to be. I was starting to get annoyed in earlier episodes when they kept adding new information because I thought there was no way there would be a fulfilling end with only 13 episodes, but I was surprised, they pulled it off.

Art/animation/music were awesome. No complaints there at all.

Some of the characters were pretty bland, but I did take a liking to several of them, and there was some development, so I can forgive that.

I still feel like there were several pointless scenes (especially most of episode two), and I think they could've gotten to the heart of the story more quickly (or at least used that time to develop some characters).

But overall? Much better than I expected. I was planning on giving it a 7/10, but after the last three episodes, I decided to bring my score up to an 8/10. It may be a little generous, but the feels got to me, so there.

EDIT: Two things I forgot to mention:
1) I really liked the detail they put into the relationships between the characters. They developed that really well in my opinion.

2) I had been wondering why Shiro asked Mikoto to kill him even though he knew that Mikoto would also die as a result. But then I realized that it was probably because Shiro knew that Mikoto was already planning to die killing the Colorless King. It seemed to me that Mikoto already accepted the fact that he was going to die and wanted to take revenge on the Colorless King as his final act. I think Shiro respected that Mikoto wanted to be the one to do it.
KageNoAbisuJan 11, 2016 8:38 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2016 7:37 AM

Jun 2009
well, that was a pretty good ending i guess, although the anime itself wasn't exactly spectacular.
Feb 3, 2016 5:31 AM

Mar 2014
5/10

Fuck you Neko and clusterfuck plot all over the place
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 12, 2016 6:17 AM

Aug 2014
Meh!, not a good show imo.
Messy plot.

4.5/10
May 1, 2016 8:26 PM

Jul 2013
Awsome franchise, outstanding art, forgettable series, epic last episode.
Series like these are great for the background and not for theirself. Something like the index series.
9/10 from a different aknowledgement
Jun 4, 2016 2:38 AM
Jun 2010
Eh? Colorless king couldn't take his body + immortality the first time but this time he could? Why? How? I think since Shiro is immortal he will return lol.
Jun 13, 2016 11:32 PM

Oct 2014
Holy shit what a disaster. Firstly I don't understand why the red king doesn't just give up his powers as suggested to him instead of self destructing for a 'sad' death and abandoning his gang. Also what's with anime and making the main characters overly self-sacrificial. Killing yourself even if it kills the antagonist doesn't solve the root of the issue and in the end you are just a 'good' suicide bomber. The last thing I hate about this show is that every clansman is totally useless, whats the point of this King uniting power if the Kings can just do everything themselves. They don't make up for the kings weaknesses, they don't admire the king's leadership qualities (because honestly they don't have any). Essentially they are just there to sing praises about the kings' crazy powers and hype them up. The power gap is so absurd that you begin to wonder if they could pull off the same show with only 7 characters.

Kings>>>>>>>Black Dog>>>>>>trash>Gang members
Light-Jun 13, 2016 11:38 PM
Jun 23, 2016 11:57 AM

Mar 2012
Didn't get why mikoto died (?) If he killed the colorless king he would still alive, but, without his king's power, so he decide to get killed?
Aug 14, 2016 7:41 PM

Jul 2009
Good heavens, this show was a nightmare. It isn't the worst thing ever, but K exemplifies a majority of issues I have with modern day anime. It just felt like...a show. At no point did I have any investment in any characters other than Shiro, Kuroh, and Neko. 13 episodes and I'm not clear why the gangs were really fighting each other, and an ending that clearly was sequel bait. What a waste of time.
Aug 31, 2016 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
So I guess they have only 4 kings left now, huh? Luckily I didn't really care about either of the three kings who died, so that ending was actually pretty good. I thought Mikoto was an asshole anyway so I'm glad that he died as well. 7/10
Dec 1, 2016 11:06 PM

Oct 2015
The silver king is alive after all he did mention to Kuroh that he is immortal. The series was okay for me except Shiro or Adolf or silver king whatever his name is was useless in the fight since he was the protagonist.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 17, 2017 12:22 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a very comun and predectible last episode :( without suprises....

...in summary the series, was great in the quality of the draw, but the plot was a little boring, except two episode with surprises, the rest was very lineal....

...5/10.
Jan 22, 2017 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
Everything was scripted so perfectly! these type of anime is really rare to be seen.
Reading its prequel or sequel really surprise.

Anyway really nice ending althrough new season pics really bring out spoiler.
Jan 31, 2017 10:35 AM

Oct 2011
Damn, even 4 years later, that ending still gets me.

Now to Missing Kings...
Feb 27, 2017 6:47 AM

Mar 2016
penguindrum264 said:
trueviet said:
I dont understand,

So basically, he not really immortal, or he let down his power on purpose and let Mikoto kill him to end it all.

what would happen if the core drop? i never understand that part. i know it mass destruction, like what happen, the king explode? the king die and a new king is born from the explosion?

I bet season 2 is going to be birth of the new king. probably going to see a new main character, a new red and silver king. probably a gold king too, since the currently gold king is getting old and he will eventually die off. they still havnt introduce the other 2 kings, we got colorless(black), red, blue, gold, and silver, still missing 2.

I don't think he meant immortal as in he can't be killed but that he has eternal youth. None of the kings can be killed by non-Kings.
Though I may be wrong about his death and he'll be brought back.

If the kings can only be killed by another king, how does Shiro's power of immortality give him an advantage over the other kings? Since the other kings also can't be killed by a normal person. Shiro also cannot be hurt at all, for example he heals from stab wounds and such. Does this apply to other kings as well? Or are they still able to get wounded, but no matter how badly injured, they will still heal if they are not killed by another king?

Also does Shiro heal immediately since he's immortal? I mean he healed from his knife wound immediately but when he got 'killed' by mikoto, he didn't heal right away? That doesn't make sense.
haihaigFeb 27, 2017 7:03 AM
Apr 29, 2017 6:54 AM
Apr 2017
I know this might be a long shot since this fourms kinda dead but Im desperate. Anyone know where the ost for K- Return of Kings Episode 3 starting at 7:21 is? I cant seem to find it anywhere sigh.
Aug 14, 2017 3:58 AM

Jan 2017
Hm..., felt like a poor man's Durarara!!
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Oct 4, 2017 12:41 AM

Feb 2010
Glad there's another season because it felt very unfinished. I have a million questions. But god noooo mikoto why. Poor Anna. They were both my favorites. I'm sure shiro is alice but kinda random to not even show I'm possibly being alive?
It was a good show. I liked it but it had some boring moments. Was still enjoyable to watch though. I'll go with a 7/10
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Nov 14, 2017 2:56 AM

Oct 2009
I'm amazed with myself. I didn't actually cry when Mikoto died. Though tears did really well up in my eyes when Anna realized that Mikoto died.

I think this series would've worked better with 24 eps instead and make the characters shine individually so that the audience can grow attached to them and feel a sense of loss when a main character dies. And yeah I agree with the DRRR!!! comparisons. Though the characters here in general were not heavily involved in the plot. Most of them are more of bystanders than characters that move the plot (e.g. Yata, Fushimi, Kusanagi etc.)

I really like this story and world but if not for a helpful summary that I read beforehand, I wouldn't understood this show at all, let alone enjoy it. And while this story is indeed great, it still felt rushed with too many sub-plots and poorly developed ones at that. Too many things happen at once so I guess that was a little overwhelming for the average viewer.

Mikoto is really the best character in this series. Even though I'm sad that he died, his death was already imminent from the beginning when they mentioned about his Weissman level. He's practically a walking time bomb. Even if Munakata didn't stab him to death, his Sword of Domacles would still fall and destroy the entire island. Sad for Munakata though. Wonder if he will suffer PTSD from this.

Adolf did his best as the king. Kuroh wouldn't even be able to slay the Colourless King cos only a King can kill another King. What Adolf did was pretty risky (and I guess if not for him, Mikoto would still be alive) but since he's immortal he'd probably survive this. I'm really interested in what Kuroh and Neko are going to do next.

The rest of the characters...I have no comment. They are all really flat and unimpressive. Yata and Fushimi are probably more popular than they should be (despite of their small amount of screentime) cos of their OTP appeal much like Shizuo and Izaya.

Dec 11, 2017 11:35 AM

May 2013
Every time they say his German, nazi name, flash back to a burning city with their little censored Nazi scientist arm bands, talk in their horrible German accents, I lower my rating a little more. Why was this popular? Was it because all the guys get really close to one another and there was a bunch of gay-baiting? The story made no sense, never really showed the relationships between the characters (like were the Red and Blue kings lovers? Friends? Who knows? Not me and probably not the writers of the show.)

It was all a mess made worse by embracing and including Nazi aesthetics and symbols.
Apr 1, 2018 3:15 AM

Dec 2012
Kuroh now serves Adolf.
Dat Kukuri pantsu.
Gotcha.
Kaichou oppai.
Blue haired girl. Dat oppai.
Adolf interrupts their fight.
Holy shit! Dat fist though the chest!
Dat explosion.
Kukuri can't remember Shiro.
Dat theme.
Where's Adolf?
Mikoto's sword...
Dat stab!
Mikoto....is dead. NO!!!!
Anna's eye.
Anna crying pains my heart!
Seri oppai.
Neko crying pains my heart!
Dat insert song.
No Blood! No Bone! No Ash!
Kuroh and Neko running by.
Dat red sky.

And that was the end. It was great. The first half was amazing visually during the fights. That's something I can never forget. The music was great and angela were great as expected. My waifu's were great as well. Wish Sumika was more involved tho.
RobApr 1, 2018 3:19 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 12, 2018 12:52 PM

May 2016
I don't believe that Shiro is dead but Mikoto is sure dead sadly, I will miss him such a cool handsome looking calm guy he was really unique. RIP Suoh Mikoto.
Feb 23, 2019 7:10 AM
Aug 2018
Its a really sad ending, the silver and red king died. The Red clansmen shouts at the end :( One of those anime when you love all the characters. I really really really love it. Hoping for moreeee
Jan 3, 2020 10:00 PM

Jan 2018
I wish they had developed more the rivalry-friendship of Munakata and Mikoto. Honestly, although I ended up liking Shiro and his friends, for me it was much more interesting what was happening between Mikoto (HOMRA) and Munakata (SCEPTER 4), hell, Yata and Fushimi gave us more fights than Shiro did, and that ending with all the gang shouting while crying... damn, the feels. Well, hope the movie and second season are better.
Mar 24, 2020 12:57 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, I can't remember the last time where I tried so hard to like something but failed xD

It looked good, was watchable...that's it. Will still give the sequels a shot since this season merely felt like a set up for more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 17, 2020 11:05 AM
Oct 2019
Solid ending. Mikoto was a good dude all along. And knew more about what was happening than Munakata. Glad the colorless King is dead.

A 6-7/10 overall for the series. I'll told up and give it a 7 since I thought the final few episodes ended on a high-ish note.
Jul 21, 2020 1:50 AM

Jul 2015
Rip Shiro for offering himself up to kill the colorless king and also Mikoto for using his last power to finish him off...
Man the visuals was great but I feel pretty disappointed in the fact that despite interesting plot, majority of it didn't develop until the last few episodes. A lot of episodes had barely any progression which made it really boring to sit in my opinion through even though a lot of things could have been explored in this world.

Aug 24, 2020 5:08 PM
Apr 2020
damm i feel bad for Mikoto i started the anime only because of his character I just sow I fucking pic of him that I wish i would not have seen knowing that he would die feel bad :(
Nov 2, 2020 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
That was okay. It was a sad ending mikoto died. No blood no bone no ash!!
Aug 11, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2019
This was good anime. I enjoyed it.
Sad ending :-(
The soundtracks are so beautiful.

My favorite character: Kusanagi Izumo, especially his Kyoto dialect
They asked Sakurai-San once:
"- What’s the hardest thing you’ve experienced as a seiyuu?
- Accents and dialects. This is true even now. To me, speaking Kyoto-ben and Osaka-ben is akin to playing the piano using only the black keys."
Feb 27, 2022 5:58 AM

Aug 2019
It finally ended...i was kind of disappointed as i was expecting a fight of red vs blue king....it has a squeal so all kings will once again reunite..
Dec 18, 2022 11:04 PM
Mar 2022
J'adore cette série a un point que je l'ai regardé encore et encore!!!
Apr 29, 2023 11:20 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty fun series, I just thought it lacked some detail at times, more information/exposition about a multitude of things would have been nice. Very catchy soundtrack as well. 7/10.
May 13, 2023 2:21 PM

May 2017
...I don't even feel sad for any of the characters. The anime feels so slow and the plot twist wasn't even worth it to endure watching this garbage. They literally made this show just to showcase their animation style and not actual good story telling. 1/10
81982062_p0
May 28, 2023 12:06 PM
May 2023
Adoro k project, até hoje se mantém como meu anime favorito
Oct 11, 2023 8:52 PM
Oct 2023
really fun story!!
Feb 11, 4:13 PM

May 2021
The fight with the colorless king was kinda anticlimactic
Inhales oxygen
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » K Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 20, 2012

118 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 4:05 PM

Poll: » K Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2012

192 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 3:59 PM

Poll: » K Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2012

138 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 3:44 PM

Poll: » K Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 15, 2012

170 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 1:45 PM

Poll: » K Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 8, 2012

202 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.