Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist' To Be Animated

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 24, 2012 11:58 AM

Sep 2011
Will watch<3
Dec 24, 2012 12:02 PM

Sep 2011
phoenixalia said:

well, I started reading it and I can say it has undertones but its not yaoi. Not even shonen ai. Below that. I think if you could watch Kuroko no Basuke, you could watch this.

Comparing this to Kuroko no basket is like comparing one piece to precure, they're completely different genres with different content for different audiences <_<

phoenixalia said:

I'm sorry. I'm half asleep really.

Yeah i can see that.
Dec 24, 2012 12:26 PM

Jan 2010
Downgrade355 said:
phoenixalia said:

well, I started reading it and I can say it has undertones but its not yaoi. Not even shonen ai. Below that. I think if you could watch Kuroko no Basuke, you could watch this.

Comparing this to Kuroko no basket is like comparing one piece to precure, they're completely different genres with different content for different audiences <_<

phoenixalia said:

I'm sorry. I'm half asleep really.

Yeah i can see that.

Pretty sure she's talking about the amount of BL undertones. Even of something has a completely different genre and demographic, there are still things they can have in common. She's saying the level of BL in the two series is similar, not the series themselves.
Do you know Oyashiro-sama?
Dec 24, 2012 12:52 PM

Sep 2011
-KamioRika- said:

Pretty sure she's talking about the amount of BL undertones. Even of something has a completely different genre and demographic, there are still things they can have in common. She's saying the level of BL in the two series is similar, not the series themselves.

except Kuroko no basket had none. That aside, they're still completely different genres for completely different audiences, she says if you can watch KnB you can watch Makai ouji, or you're saying a basketball shounen fan can watch a shoujo blatantly and clearly intended for certain female fans? Yeah no.
Downgrade355Dec 24, 2012 12:56 PM
Dec 24, 2012 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
The story sounds interesting while i was reading so i will probably watch a couple episodes then make my decision.
Dec 24, 2012 1:02 PM

May 2008
....yes. Good.

Dec 24, 2012 1:20 PM

Jan 2010
Downgrade355 said:
-KamioRika- said:

except Kuroko no basket had none. That aside, they're still completely different genres for completely different audiences, she says if you can watch KnB you can watch Makai ouji, or you're saying a basketball shounen fan can watch a shoujo blatantly and clearly intended for certain female fans? Yeah no.

No, she's saying that if you can stand the amount of BL undertones in one anime, then you could stand it in the other one. It has nothing to do with the demographics.

Let's say you have an anime that has slight BL undertones, but it's a shounen sports anime. Then you have another one that is a shoujo, but has the same amount of BL undertones as the sports one. Then someone who has watched the sports anime asks if the shoujo is a yaoi. She answers, saying that if you can tolerate the amount of BL in the sports one, then you can tolerate the amount of BL in the shoujo one and that the amounts are similar. She's not saying "If you liked Kurako no Basuke, then you will like this!".

... If that makes any sense. You seem incapable of comprehending text, so I tried to break it down for you. I feel like I may have made it more confusing though.

Also, what? People can't enjoy more that one genre? Oh, I'm a girl who likes shoujo, so I guess I can't enjoy shounen blatantly intended for males, huh?
Dec 24, 2012 1:32 PM

Sep 2011
@-KamioRika-
The anime in question here is Kuroko no basket, which as i said, has no BL undertones (unless you're a fujoshi, and you have that goggles thingie whatever they call it), so no. I think Kuroshitsuji would be more appropriate in this case, for being the infamous shounen with BL undertones.

Okaaaaay so you enjoy shoujo a shounen, good for you, that must mean every guy who watches Shounen (or any other genre for that matter) is going to watch a Shoujo with bishounens (Not even a solid shoujo), traps, and BL undertones or whatever it is you're talking about, makes so much sense i can't believe i haven't thought about it before.
Downgrade355Dec 24, 2012 1:36 PM
Dec 24, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2010
Downgrade355 said:
@-KamioRika-
The anime in question here is Kuroko no basket, which as i said, has no BL undertones (unless you're a fujoshi, and you have that goggles thingie whatever they call it), so no. I think Kuroshitsuji would be more appropriate in this case, for being the infamous shounen with BL undertones.

Okay, I can agree with you there. I haven't watched Kuroko no Basket, so I wouldn't know. I can agree that Kuroshitsuji would have been a better comparison.

Downgrade355 said:
Okaaaaay so you enjoy shoujo a shounen, good for you, that must mean every guy who watches Shounen (or any other genre for that matter) is going to watch a Shoujo with bishounens (Not even a solid shoujo), traps, and BL undertones or whatever it is you're talking about, makes so much sense i can't believe i haven't thought about it before.

I never said that every guy who watches shounen is going watch a shoujo filled with bishies. I'm saying that it's not impossible that a guy can like both shounen and shoujo. You made it sound like people cannot enjoy more than one genre.
Dec 24, 2012 1:55 PM

Sep 2011
@KamioRika
Well yeah.

And of course, people can like multiple genres (the vast majority here do like several genres), it's just that certain genres aren't for everyone ;p
Dec 24, 2012 2:05 PM

Jan 2010
Downgrade355 said:
@KamioRika
Well yeah.

And of course, people can like multiple genres (the vast majority here do like several genres), it's just that certain genres aren't for everyone ;p

Okay, I see what you are saying now. Sorry for being a jerk! .-.
Dec 24, 2012 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
@-KamioRika-
It's fine, don't worry about it.
Dec 24, 2012 2:51 PM

Apr 2012
that's great!
i was planning to read it anyway
Dec 24, 2012 3:04 PM

Feb 2008
I've read a few chapters of this manga a long time ago but it was not really that interesting...
Maybe this adaptation will change my mind about it so I will give a try ~
Dec 24, 2012 3:34 PM

Jun 2008
Downgrade355 said:
Queen-Neehola said:
So excited!! I absolutely adore Makai Ouji.
I had no idea it was so popular!

Not to interrupt your fun time but, where did you get the idea that it was popular?

That's probably because there are (relatively?) many replies in this thread and the number of people who know this piece (and have replied in such a short amount of time as well) is unexpectedly high for that person :O Plus, I suppose its popularity rank on MAL is not bad~ And even if you say something doesn't have to be extremely popular to get an anime adaption, it's not like any manga/novel/etc. gets one right away~ But in the end, I think it's the amount of replies that caused this reaction.

phoenixalia said:
Shuhan said:
seems a bit yaoish

I haven't read/watched the other one, but I can imagine it's one of those manga/anime with lots of male characters which attracts the kind of BL fangirls who think of any sort of interaction between two males as a BL moment (although I may be wrong). Sometimes, these fanbases give off wrong impressions... It's not a BL manga, but I cannot deny there's no material for such fans, either... x'D
Dec 24, 2012 4:18 PM

Jul 2012
Hoping for the best.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 24, 2012 8:43 PM

Oct 2011
Sound like pandora hearts for some reason, But Id'e watch it
Dec 25, 2012 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
It seems interesting because it reminds me a bit Pandora Hearts.
Maybe i'll first try to read the manga and i'll decide if i want to watch the anime version.
Dec 25, 2012 3:32 AM

Sep 2011
Face_Faith said:

I haven't read/watched the other one, but I can imagine it's one of those manga/anime with lots of male characters which attracts the kind of BL fangirls who think of any sort of interaction between two males as a BL moment (although I may be wrong). Sometimes, these fanbases give off wrong impressions... It's not a BL manga, but I cannot deny there's no material for such fans, either... x'D

This is actually a good explanation.
Dec 25, 2012 7:26 AM

Dec 2009
Mik0 said:
It seems interesting because it reminds me a bit Pandora Hearts.
Maybe i'll first try to read the manga and i'll decide if i want to watch the anime version.

I thought that at first too, but it's really crappy especially if you compare to PH. ;w; The only similar thing I've seen so far is the master-servant relationship, which is pretty common in mangas with the 19th century theme. Well, not saying the manga overall is bad, but I didn't like it. Still, I think it's cool that it's going to get an anime, at least it's something "different".
Dec 25, 2012 7:30 AM

Nov 2008
Looks gay.
I'm in.
Dec 27, 2012 1:48 AM
Mar 2010
Bunns said:
Looks gay.
I'm in.

this made me lol.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 27, 2012 6:18 AM

Jun 2010
Oh, another yaoibait in the style of PH & Kuroshitsuji.
Dec 27, 2012 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
Liinah said:
I thought that at first too, but it's really crappy especially if you compare to PH. ;w; The only similar thing I've seen so far is the master-servant relationship, which is pretty common in mangas with the 19th century theme. Well, not saying the manga overall is bad, but I didn't like it. Still, I think it's cool that it's going to get an anime, at least it's something "different".

Infact I wanted to say that "Devil and Realist" remind me PH just because of the master-servant relationship.
If you delete this particular(and the 19th century setting) it seems different from PH(or at least it seems to me)
Dec 29, 2012 8:49 PM

Oct 2012
WTF!!! YES!!! i'm so happeh... i didn't see that coming.
ps: wtf ppl, comparing this w/ pandora hearts, i really hope this will be better since PH is trash [for my taste] especially that dickhead al*ce.
zozeDec 30, 2012 12:33 AM
Dec 30, 2012 6:43 AM
Oct 2011
Will try this, hope it doesn't make me regret.
Dec 30, 2012 8:22 AM

Jun 2008
Bunns said:
Looks gay.
I'm in.

Me too;)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 30, 2012 8:45 AM

Dec 2009
zoze said:
ps: wtf ppl, comparing this w/ pandora hearts, i really hope this will be better since PH is trash [for my taste] especially that dickhead al*ce.

You just got my dead wishes. Saying that after only watching 5 episodes, oh well. It's your opinion, will respect, but you should definitely try the manga.
Dec 31, 2012 8:18 PM

Oct 2012
Liinah said:
zoze said:

You just got my dead wishes. Saying that after only watching 5 episodes, oh well. It's your opinion, will respect, but you should definitely try the manga.

no, actually i've wactched more than 5 episodes, and i've read the manga, and i think it's already good as what i've rated. 2/10 or 1/10
Jan 1, 2013 8:37 PM

Oct 2010
OMG, I was planing to read the manga!!! It seems so goood xD Now I'll just wait for the anime *.*
Jan 4, 2013 10:41 AM

Aug 2011
zoze said:
Liinah said:
zoze said:

no, actually i've wactched more than 5 episodes, and i've read the manga, and i think it's already good as what i've rated. 2/10 or 1/10

Have you really read the manga. I haven't actually seen anyone rate PH that low after they've read it. It's the kinda manga that barely ever gets a low rating.

Well I guess your opinion is yours.
Jan 6, 2013 5:06 AM

Oct 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
zoze said:
Liinah said:
zoze said:

Have you really read the manga. I haven't actually seen anyone rate PH that low after they've read it. It's the kinda manga that barely ever gets a low rating.

actually, i used to follow pandora hearts, that was a year ago... i read the manga till the last scanlation in august 2012. which didn't amaze me at all. so i dropped it.
Jan 6, 2013 6:30 AM

Dec 2009
zoze said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
zoze said:
Liinah said:
zoze said:

actually, i used to follow pandora hearts, that was a year ago... i read the manga till the last scanlation in august 2012. which didn't amaze me at all. so i dropped it.

What exactly did you hate in it so much? Just out of curiosity, feel free to put spoiler tags.
Jan 27, 2013 10:19 PM
Jan 2013
Oooh!looks good.can't wait for an air date!
Jan 29, 2013 1:57 AM

Nov 2012
THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME!! FINALLY~~ This just made my day n-n
Feb 20, 2013 2:09 PM

Jun 2012
Why did I not know this? I wouldn't have known this unless I'd browsed pixiv and one of the titles said it had been confirmed that there will be an anime adaption.

Anyway.

I'm looking forward to this, yup.
Mar 15, 2013 8:17 AM

Oct 2010
Just going to bump this forum a little bit and add that according to the Makai Ouji anime website (located here) the staff will be released on 3/28!
Mar 26, 2013 5:31 AM

Jul 2009
How come all mangas I start reading and loving from which I think "that would make an awesome anime" actually get an anime? o_ô

Maybe I should read more awesome mangas so that all lof them get anime adaption? xD

Aaand! I really really hope that this anime will be until the END and not like so many just a few episodes which doesn't even contain the most important stuff!! D:<

PS.: Maybe Noblesse gets an anime soon too? xD
Mar 27, 2013 8:55 PM

Sep 2007
Some of the staff and cast were announced:

Cast

William: Eguchi Takuya

Dantalion: Terashima Takuma

Staff

Director: Kon Chiaki

Series Composition: Yokote Michiko

Character Design & Animation Director: Sakugata Kikuko
yukihitoMar 27, 2013 9:02 PM
Mar 27, 2013 8:58 PM

Sep 2012
I'll wait for the PV to decide on this one.
Mar 28, 2013 4:44 AM

Dec 2010
I admit I'm excited about it. This manga it has been in my PTR list since long time ago, but I've never started it for some reason or other... I just decided to buy it anyway xD I like manga with this kind of setting, I think it's worth giving it a try (and the anime too, obviously xD).
Mar 28, 2013 10:45 PM

Jan 2011
Had read the manga stopped at like chap 20+ because the update is slow. It isn't bad so will watch it :)
Nice art, many bishies. Didn't expect it to be animated though, since it only has 6 volumes.. It will most likely be 13 episodes.
Mar 31, 2013 1:08 PM

Oct 2009
Terashii as a main.. I'll try it out~!
Mar 31, 2013 4:04 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, Terashii's doing Dantalian? I didn't expect this. But :D I love him so whatever.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - 48 minutes ago

1 by Yubisoft »»
7 minutes ago

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - 2 hours ago

0 by Nioxys »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

15 by Ramkec »»
4 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

40 by SinisterDeezNuts »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.