New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 28, 2012 6:09 AM

Jul 2011
Anime only: Yoshiwara in Flames arc

Manga: Ikkoku Keisei arc
Dec 28, 2012 8:09 AM

Jun 2012
Shinsengumi Rebellion and Baragaki are on my top. Gotta love Hijikata,and the hole overcoming the curse was pretty cool... and Baragaki also has the cutest and deadliest Nobume, can't beat that. Can't wait for next arc

But Kabukicho is my favorite. Jirocho is the most badass black dude in anime ever.
Dec 28, 2012 8:17 AM

Aug 2009
I was between Yoshiwara in Flames,Red Spider and Kabukicho Four Devas.I chose the Kabukicho Four Devas arc.

Sorry Tsukuyo ....
Jan 1, 2013 9:47 AM

Jan 2012
Yoshiwara, because Tsukuyo :)
Jan 1, 2013 9:52 AM

Sep 2011
I'm surprised how many votes benizakura has been getting, like its a great arc and all but it lacked that emotional punch the future arcs all had

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 2, 2013 3:45 AM
Jan 2013
defintaly Yoshiwara in Flames very good arc
Jan 8, 2013 6:48 PM

Aug 2011
I really liked the Mitsuba arc, Itou/Shinsengumi rebellion arc, and the Yoshiwara arc - in that order!
Jan 8, 2013 7:12 PM

Sep 2011
I was waiting for someone to finally say the mitsuba arc

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 8, 2013 7:24 PM

Nov 2011
Ikkoku Keisei arc

Always good when an arc reveal a bit of Gintoki's past. This arc has lots of characters involved too.

The most important for me is that there's more Nobume. :D

Jan 9, 2013 6:22 PM

Feb 2009
Currently, my most fav is the four devas arc. It probably change depend on the animated Ikkoku arc.
Jan 10, 2013 6:37 PM

Mar 2010
I think that more arcs should be here. How about Lotus arc, when Tama appears for the first time?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2013 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
Orzi said:
I think that more arcs should be here. How about Lotus arc, when Tama appears for the first time?
that wasnt all that serious, it was kind of like the last 10 min were and some of the backstory was but it was too short in numbers for me to have it count, Alot of gintama arcs get serious, hell almost every single one does but im asking for people to pick the ones that really get serious like the ones listed do, For example the ones i have listed all include some form of a fight scene, like a legit one that doesnt just have 1 swing here and there,

Plus i dont think anyone would really vote for it

P.S. Should i add the arc after the current one? Cause the op made it seem like it got serious, obi-one i think it was called.
JizzyHitlerJan 10, 2013 6:41 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 10, 2013 7:01 PM

Aug 2012
4 devas/Yoshiwara and Yagyuu
Those are my 3favs, probably.
Jan 12, 2013 1:47 AM

Aug 2008
Yoshiwara arc for me no doubt although I expect that the Ikkoku Keisei and the Obi-Wan arc will surpass it in terms of epicness.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jan 12, 2013 3:14 AM

May 2011
MsNaush said:
I voted for the Kabukicho Four Devas arc, and no doubt it is my favorite in the series. Besides the exciting plot, top-notch animation and amazing soundtrack, I was really impressed with the characterization portrayed in this arc. This time round, the fights between Yorozuya and the antagonists felt a little more personal as it involved Otose (who obviously has been a constant mother figure to a lot of the characters), plus Yorozuya + Otose & Co. were being forced to defend their homes.

Gintoki’s rage upon seeing Otose in such a state was one of the best scenes in Gintama, in my opinion. I also loved the character dynamics between the Gintoki, Kagura and Shinpachi shown in this arc, esp. Shinpachi’s powerful speech/reminder to Gintoki about protecting the things they cared about together, and what the Yorozuya truly stood for.

The fights were done extremely well, esp. Gintoki vs. Harusame. I absolutely love it when Gintoki uses a Katana rather than his usual wooden sword.

chanotek said:
The ending was also very emotional and satisfying. Not to mention it was paired with the ending song "Samurai Heart", which I seriously loved.

Pretty much what I wanted to say about the ending.

^This. I'll agree that the Yoshiwara arc had some really awesome moments and doesn't fall behind my favorite by a lot, but everything in the Four Devas arc was brilliant. Gintoki's berserk moment was godly and the animation was fantastic!
Jan 12, 2013 4:56 AM

Dec 2011
Yoshiwara in Flames arc was my fav one.
But I think that Mitsuba arc (Okita's sister arc) and Kabukicho Four Devas arc were pretty damn cool too.
Now I'm pretty excited to Ikkoku Keisei arc. And I can't wait for Obi-One Kenofi Arc (Dojo Revival Arc) to be animated.
Jan 12, 2013 5:03 AM

Nov 2012
Yoshiwara in Flames, Shinsengumi Rebellion, Benizakura.
In that order
Jan 12, 2013 7:09 AM

Sep 2011
OG-3 said:
And I can't wait for Obi-One Kenofi Arc (Dojo Revival Arc) to be animated.

So wait again i have to ask, should i put oni-one kenofi into the poll too, i thought that was a comedy arc but the op and some posts here makes me think otherwise

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 12, 2013 7:45 AM

Mar 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
OG-3 said:

So wait again i have to ask, should i put oni-one kenofi into the poll too, i thought that was a comedy arc but the op and some posts here makes me think otherwise

I don't read that arc, but I unfortunetely read spoilers. From what I hear intrigue is pretty serious in this arc. I think you sould add it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2013 7:49 AM

Sep 2011
Orzi said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
OG-3 said:

I don't read that arc, but I unfortunetely read spoilers. From what I hear intrigue is pretty serious in this arc. I think you sould add it.
alright whatever fuck it, ill put it up and if anyone who read it says its not serious or all that serious ill take it down

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 15, 2013 5:08 AM

Jan 2013
for me, yoshiwara arc(139~146) > four devas arc(210~214) = shisengumi arc(101~105) > benizakura arc(58~61) = red spider arc(177~181) -- in that order.
i don't like baragaki arc at all, i think it was kinda boring... and in my opinion, umibozu arc(40~42) & fuyo arc(69~71) are both serious arcs too.
ikkoku arc in manga was really epic! looking forward to the anime version.
Silver_WaveJan 15, 2013 7:41 AM
Jan 15, 2013 11:48 AM

Sep 2011
Silver_Wave said:
for me, yoshiwara arc(139~146) > four devas arc(210~214) = shisengumi arc(101~105) > benizakura arc(58~61) = red spider arc(177~181) -- in that order.
i don't like baragaki arc at all, i think it was kinda boring... and in my opinion, umibozu arc(40~42) & fuyo arc(69~71) are both serious arcs too.
ikkoku arc in manga was really epic! looking forward to the anime version.
yah i know umibzou technically counts, but i dont know theres a big differance between the ones up there and the umibozu in terms of seriousness, all the other arcs up there kind of have that drop off point where things get darker and will ahve little to no comedy till the epilogue, Umibozu doesnt have that, Fuyo i barely remember but would anyone honestly vote for that?

Like im not counting every arc that gets serious, cause almost every one of them aside from a small number of them do at some point near the end. Even some of the most absurd did, but im asking for those specific arcs where shit really got real that really let the drama take the majority of the screen time, that being said i should have left yagyuu off.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 15, 2013 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
i love fuyo arc! not my favorite, but i really like it sooooo much!!
Jan 16, 2013 7:08 AM

Mar 2010
Silver_Wave said:
i love fuyo arc! not my favorite, but i really like it sooooo much!!

+1
Jan 20, 2013 4:30 PM

Jul 2012
Shinsengumi Rebellion arc. Love the Shinsengumi. Went in depth with Hijikata's personality(s), and I was happy to see Sogo's strong loyalty to Kondo. Loved how Hijikata and Sogo explained to Kondo that they were the sword to protect his beliefs. Isao was a great antagonist, and was very satisfied with his resolve. Gintoki vs Bansai was cool, but Yorozuya in Shinsengumi uniforms were awesome!
Jan 20, 2013 6:44 PM
Jun 2008
I vote for Yoshiwara in Flames arc.. Was nice to see Kagura's badass side <3 but the best scene was Okita's rebellion when he killed everyone on the train .. Now that was EPIC .. Can't wait for the new arc to be animated <3
Jan 20, 2013 6:45 PM
May 2012
The one with Kagura going crazy of course.
Jan 20, 2013 6:55 PM

Nov 2012
Just started on the first series, I am really curious to see how the serious arcs will turnout.
Seems like I got a long way though.
Jan 20, 2013 7:00 PM

Nov 2010
alexx_310 said:
Just started on the first series, I am really curious to see how the serious arcs will turnout.
First one is at like 50 something.
Jan 20, 2013 7:01 PM
May 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
alexx_310 said:
58, the one with the robots?
Jan 20, 2013 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
alexx_310 said:
you poor poor bastard for having to sit through gintama's start, Well the serious arcs here are the ones that get most serious, A large majority of arcs get serious
http://www.yorozuyasoul.com/gintama/arcs
See just how many more arcs on here than the ones i listed here, i wont say which ones other than the ones posted here and the memory loss arc get serious since one of the most fun aspects of gintama's arcs is that you never can guess which will get serious and which wont but you dont have to wait as long as you think to get a taste of its drama

Its worth it like the rest of the series, its all a matter of getting through the slump at the start and getting to the good shit 18 episodes in though it varies when gintama gets good, some lucky bastards start enjoying it around ep 10, some unlucky bastards dont like it till the 40's, but most people myself included start enjoying it around the late 10's early 20's

IntroverTurtle said:
alexx_310 said:
for the first serious action arc its technically umibozu which i left off the list(ep 39), but in terms of getting serious at all the very first arc and a couple solo eps show off some of it, though not counting the nmemory loss arc all drama prior to the umibozu arc is kind of.....iffy

Sophilia said:
IntroverTurtle said:
alexx_310 said:
58, the one with the robots?
no 58 is benizakura, your thinking the fuyo arc which is 69

(not im not a pathetic fanboy memorizing these ep numbers, im just reading the previously posted link to all the arcs and when they play, see not a pathetic fanboy im just getting my info from one)
JizzyHitlerJan 20, 2013 7:06 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 20, 2013 7:14 PM

Nov 2012
haha thanks! But to be honest Gintamas start isn't really that bad, I find it to be quite humerus
I might just marathon it right now to see how the serious arcs are(If I ever get there)
Jan 20, 2013 7:20 PM

Sep 2011
alexx_310 said:
haha thanks! But to be honest Gintamas start isn't really that bad, I find it to be quite humerus
I might just marathon it right now to see how the serious arcs are(If I ever get there)
Oh god damn you, you are one of the lucky ones that actually enjoys gintama's start

Anyhow marathoning it isnt a good idea, just watch it at a normal pace and when you get to it you will get to it. Just keep this in mind, the shows gets consistantly better both in terms of comedy and drama, So the first instances of drama really are not all that memorable, but they start becoming that in the memory loss arc which is also where the show starts to reach its true colors as a whole

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 20, 2013 8:25 PM
May 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

(not im not a pathetic fanboy memorizing these ep numbers, im just reading the previously posted link to all the arcs and when they play, see not a pathetic fanboy im just getting my info from one)
haha, I remember all the scenes from the episodes, but I don't really try to know the name of the arcs or the episode numbers.

I should do a Gintama marathon.
Jan 20, 2013 8:33 PM

Nov 2010
Sophilia said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

haha, I remember all the scenes from the episodes, but I don't really try to know the name of the arcs or the episode numbers.

I got done like a month ago rewatching everything for about the 6th time. It's still funny when you rewatch.
Jan 21, 2013 7:18 AM

Sep 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Sophilia said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

I got done like a month ago rewatching everything for about the 6th time. It's still funny when you rewatch.
I'm doing one now, umibozu arc was alot better than i remember

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 24, 2013 2:33 PM

Sep 2011
Ikkoku Keisei has been such a epic arc so far, i dont know if it tops 4 divas yet(ill reserve judgement until the arc is actually done obviously) but I could see this topping it if the quality of the next 2 episodes are as good as the previous one.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 24, 2013 3:15 PM

Dec 2010
Yoshiwara being first is no surprise
I'm getting psyched just listening to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmw4VfJMD-M

my favourites would be
1. Ikkoku Keisei
2. Yoshiwara in Flames
3. Kabukicho Four Devas

the transition from funny to serious had the biggest impact in the IK arc for me
and lots of cool stuff happens
watching it in the anime is even more fun
Jan 27, 2013 6:57 AM

Sep 2011
depending on how the next 2 episodes of ikkou kissei work out i may be able to say its better than 4 divas, it needs and emotional kick to it, also i swear to god they better do a summary clip show in the credits like they usually do, I was really disappointed how they didnt do that for the 4 divas arc with samurai heart. I really wnat to see a summary with the full song to the op.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 2, 2013 12:41 PM

Mar 2009
I voted for the Red Spider arc since it has one of my favorite moments in it (firsts half of episode 180), and I keep rewatching it just for that. If I had to judge how much I enjoyed an entire arc thought...that's harder. Four devas arc stick out for the graveyard episode, the latest episodes of the Ikkoku Keisei arc have been really good too. But Yoshiwara in Flames probably is the best overall in my opinion.
Woff, I'm a Cow
Feb 7, 2013 4:42 AM

Aug 2010
After finishing the newest arc...I say it's probably my fav.

4 Deva and Yoshiwara arc aren't far behind either. Those 3 arcs are the definition of EPICNESS!!
Feb 7, 2013 3:35 PM

Sep 2011
Well might as well do a listing now that the ikkoku keisei arc is done

4 Divas > Ikkoku Keissei > Yoshiwara > Shinsengumi rebbelion > Okita's sister > Baragaki > benizakura

Honeslty after rewatching the benizakura arc again yesterday.....it really is the worst in terms of comedy, pacing, and action, It was a blast originally watching it since it was the first action arc in gintama but seeing it a 2nd time.....its really not all that good a 2nd time around

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 7, 2013 8:27 PM

Nov 2008
Ikkoku Keissei is tied with Yoshiwara in flames for me, both just had everything you could possibly ask for.
Feb 8, 2013 3:51 AM

Aug 2008
Ikkoku Keissei arc
Although it seemingly had slight action than Yoshiwara arc which is also my favorite, it had intense plot development and really gave me a clear view on what direction Gintama will take on the future. Also, although Yoshiwara introduced Kamui as an important character on the part of Kagura and revealed a little bit of her past, Ikkoku Keissei not only introduced Oboro and other new characters but also finally gave us a picture of Gintoki's sensei, Gintoki's identity as the White Yasha, the cause of Takasugi's hatred and Zura's membership of Joi. Not only that, it seems other aspects of Gintama besides its epic comedy and action, it all mixed into one in this arc.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Feb 12, 2013 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
I need to watch Shinsengumi and Yoshiwara in Flames still, I keep jumping about with Gintama for some stupid reason. I haven't heard much of the Yagyuu arc or Okita's sister, but I'll have to check those out too. As for the ones I've seen: Benizakura, Red Spider, Four Devas, Baragaki and Ikkoku Keissei, I'd say Red Spider and Ikkoku Keisei are the best, Four Devas in the middle and Benizakura and Baragaki were weak. I recently watched Red Spider and while it was short, it was heartwarming and sorrowful. There were lots of intricacies in the plot and the character dynamics, it shows bits of Gin & Tsukuyo's backstories and it has a great fight with Gin vs Jiraia; along with the fact that the antagonist actually DIES in this arc makes it was one easily one of the best IMO. The thing keeping Ikkoku Keisei down was some of the predictable or odd moments along with the fact that Oboro lives, thus prolonging the importance and devotion to yet ANOTHER villain, but other than that it was also very compassionate and well made and had some of the most badass fights of the series. Four Devas had some awesome twists and alliance shifts, but there were a few big cop-outs which weakened the intensity. Benizakura was kind of cookie cutter but was the first notably major battle arc and Baragaki was cheesy.
EDIT: My bad, I assumed Baragaki was another name for the Kintama arc; I'm out of my mind right now ;P. I would've considered the Kintama arc borderline serious, it certainly had tense moments, although there was a lot of comedy and meandering around. On that note, I should watch the Baragaki arc too.
AngelsArcanumFeb 12, 2013 8:14 PM
Feb 12, 2013 7:59 PM

Jan 2013
I'm also really looking forward to Obi-One Kenofi because Shinpachi finally gets to truly shine! :D
Feb 16, 2013 4:11 AM
Apr 2012
Yoshiwara arc, hands down. The part where Kagura just snaps and went berserk. Was FUCKIN' BADASS!
Feb 17, 2013 8:53 AM

Oct 2012
I didn't like serious arcs in gintama but if I have to choose I'll say Yagyuu Arc because of that epic sandpaper scene

My favorite arc in general is the ketsuno ana arc. The pandemonium and flying balls made me love gintama
lionheart04Feb 17, 2013 8:56 AM
Feb 24, 2013 7:59 PM

Sep 2011
In terms of best arc hand down its Yoshiwara in Flames arc. I picked the Spider arc as the best serious arc because its the first time we got to see Gintoki really mad, at least in my opinion he seemed more serious than ever in that arc. Also the plot was much more sadistic and darker than some of the other arcs, in my opinion.
Feb 25, 2013 3:48 AM

Sep 2011
RomanceDawn said:
In terms of best arc hand down its Yoshiwara in Flames arc. I picked the Spider arc as the best serious arc because its the first time we got to see Gintoki really mad, at least in my opinion he seemed more serious than ever in that arc. Also the plot was much more sadistic and darker than some of the other arcs, in my opinion.
He did get pretty serious in red spider but he got pretty serious in the newest arc, especially since he got some of the coolest kills

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Oct 11, 2012

121 by _untitled »»
Apr 29, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 28, 2013

180 by lordgaara »»
Apr 25, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyack - Feb 7, 2013

203 by lordgaara »»
Apr 24, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Mar 14, 2013

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.