Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2012 12:47 PM

Jul 2012
etherealharmony said:
therandomestguy said:
question: near the end it looked like Kirito mouthed something without saying anything anyone know what that was or did my audio just cut out for a few seconds or something

I've heard that he said "Thank you. Goodbye." but I don't know if that is true.

ohh thanks
Dec 22, 2012 12:47 PM

Dec 2009
Ugh.

2/10.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 22, 2012 12:51 PM

Jun 2012
That was amazing. TBH, I was getting some minor chills at some scenes because of how resolved or awesome they were displayed, especially since it was time to wrap things up.
I wasn't too amazed by the episode itself, but I felt like they focused more on a satisfying and resolved ending rather than rushing things, so I really liked that. I think it's good that they spent the full last episode on resolving.
That's cool, all of the VRMMOs being linked together. That scene with Aincrad in the sky was also quite a spectacle.
Well, I hope there to be a season 2 (I would think so. Haters or lovers, it was popular). If so, I'll see you guys again.
episode-5/5.
series- somewhere between 8.5 and 10. Main thing I disliked was how it was rushed, but it was one of the most enjoyable series.

I'll be waiting for 2022 (^.^)
Yasu-kunDec 22, 2012 12:55 PM

Dec 22, 2012 12:52 PM

Oct 2010
Story : 6
Animation : 10
Art : 9,5
Music/Sound : 9,5
Character : 7,5
Enjoyment : 6

Overal : 8,1 (blame the animation, art and music)
Dec 22, 2012 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
Hyack said:
Story : 6
Animation : 10
Art : 9,5
Music/Sound : 9,5
Character : 7,5
Enjoyment : 6

Overal : 8,1 (blame the animation, art and music)

it truly was a spectacle for the eyes and ears. definitely cant deny that! :)
Please, dream some good dreams for me, Lloyd.

Dec 22, 2012 12:58 PM

Sep 2011
I never get it why most of the people here says SAO arc is better than ALO arc.

Sure their pacing are slow but SAO arc in slow pace destroys itself. Therefore, I found ALO arc is better than SAO arc.

Dec 22, 2012 12:59 PM

Sep 2011
Sa-chan_ said:

Sure their pacing are slow but SAO arc in slow pace destroys itself. Therefore, I found ALO arc is better than SAO arc.

All the over use of Fanservice with Asuna in ALO destroyed it for me.
Dec 22, 2012 1:00 PM

Mar 2011
Sa-chan_ said:

Something actually happens during the SAO arc.
Summary of EVERYTHING that happened in the ALO arc: They grew wings.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Dec 22, 2012 1:00 PM

Jan 2011
meepsheep said:
Okay ending. I like that there were no cliffhangers into the next arc. lol

Still deciding whether it deserves 5/10 or 6/10.

Kirito should really stop leading his cousin on. LOL Like seriously. She's gonna have a hope.

Agreed. He already made her cried once and now he's giving her a sense of false hope.

I felt that the ending was rather nice esp the 2nd half. I really missed the other characters from SAO... esp Silica!! That said, it was a really nice reunion with everyone.

Somehow I expected Kirito to pull of some evasive maneuvers and literally kick Sugou's ass but... that grab was nice too.

What I found weird was that since Kirito is a celebrity in his school... shouldn't he be constantly surrounded by people or something? I guess there has to be some "alone time" for Kirito x Asuna.

Overall, the anime was very enjoyable. I always looked forward to each episode though the ALO was less interesting but still enjoyable nonetheless, mainly due to the fact it's just about Kirito trying to rescue Asuna. I guess the SAO arc intrigued me the most with the concept of a death game yet keeping the usual game content.

Waiting for S2!!
SkyTateDec 22, 2012 1:04 PM
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Dec 22, 2012 1:01 PM

Nov 2007

See this picture above? Speaks for the quality of the anime itself. This is the cover for those anime where they just threw some random characters here and there who hardly play any role in those anime.

There will be some who will see the score and start on this anime only to get disappointed to no ends. But then again, I think there will be many many more who will actually treasure this anime like the best thing they have seen ever after starting on it seeing the score and popularity. So, I think it balances out in the end.

I have nothing against the score or popularity of the anime as some of you are fretting on. Majority of fans actually liked this anime. And I think most of posters in this SAO threads are basically us who felt an anime with a great potential ended up being just a mediocre series. That's all.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 2012
couldnt handle what was happening in the beggining and i was all like kiill kiill kiilll
XD
if you saw my face it was all fillled with excitement and im grinning unstoppably XD

SAO was a priority to watch first everytime

They said see you in the next season

Very soon hopefully :D :D :D :D

Dec 2012
Tyrel said:
Sa-chan_ said:

All the over use of Fanservice with Asuna in ALO destroyed it for me.

my thoughts exactly. as much as i love Kirito/Asuna, ALO overdid it. Way too much fanservice. It was sweet, but I need to see a dentist now. I also like how SAO focused on more characters (however smally) than just Kirito, Asuna, and Sugu. I liked the story of ALO don't get me wrong, I just appreciate SAO more.
Please, dream some good dreams for me, Lloyd.

Dec 22, 2012 1:02 PM

Aug 2010
I've been silent about my opinion of this show. Never said a word regarding about the quality of the show. The only thing I ever said was I didn't like the main characters. This will be the first time I say anything of my thoughts of Sword Art Online.

The show was... fine. It's not bad, but nothing special and almost forgettable. The way I see it, both the hate and love it has acquired is not what it deserves. In the end, it's just ordinary and something I'll not dwell on.

Sword Art Online is not the best or the worst I've seen.
Dec 22, 2012 1:03 PM

Jul 2012
Sa-chan_ said:

SAO was a lot worse in pacing than ALO but it was better in that it was more interesting, at least imo
Dec 22, 2012 1:03 PM

May 2009
I see many people praising the OST, but I was bored by it. I dropped the series in a broad way, but I still "listened" to the soundtrack by simply searching for them through the episodes without really paying attention to what was happening. Not only was it badly used most of the time, Kajiura was uninspired once again. For her standards the OST has nothing new to offer, thus being generic (once again, when we take all of her other works into consideration). Swordland (which I believe is the main theme) was not only a Point Zero ripoff, it was overused and lost its initial impact with time. I'm not even going to mention those stupid harp and cello tracks, generic as hell for her (and now it seems it's her new trend). Her piano tracks have all become similar and for some reason she has been using Tokyo Konsei for most vocal songs, which ironically makes them all unimpressive. This second half of the story had worse OST than the previous one; I only remember the jazzy guitar track and the Tokyo Konsei one (this day, and never again wannabe...what are you doing, Kajiura?). I'm not really looking forward to her next work, which seems to be Mirai Fukuin, and I fear she'll screw up the one anime she just COULDN'T screw up (at least, for me).

Anyway, I'm not going to talk about the series itself, since I've just payed attention to its soundtrack. All I can say is that Takehito's work was horrible (I guess the character asked for a caricaturized dubbing? It still sucks, though).
Dec 22, 2012 1:06 PM

Oct 2010
KingCez said:
GGO now PLEASEEEEEE SINONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
NO WAY!

First of all BD sales need to finish.

Second of all studio needs more money to recover from SAO productions.

Third of all give it some time till after them OVA of AW VS SAO.

IMO that is when some news might around.

TBH After all the BD sales and they have like 5 more Vol or more to go then something might be announced but that won't be till after summer.

So yeah Fall 2013 might be the time GGO happens.

Would be a wise choice.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 22, 2012 1:06 PM

Dec 2009
Story: 7/10
Execution of the story: 5/10
Animation: 7.5/10
Characters: 5/10
Music: 7.5/10
Overall: 6.5/10

Seemed promising looking at the previews, but ended up really disappointing.
Should have ended it at episode 14.
Accel World was WAY better.
Dec 22, 2012 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
9/10
The score doesn't count until you announce it.
Dec 22, 2012 1:08 PM

Mar 2012
This show is awful.

Dropped.
Dec 22, 2012 1:09 PM

Jan 2008
I actually have enjoyed it a lot, can't wait for the next season =D
Dec 22, 2012 1:13 PM

Aug 2008
3/10 because there's simply nothing it did well. The story is messy without the thoughts of the main character, the majority of the cast is extremely underdeveloped, the villains are rather shallow outside of heathcliff, It's not paced very well, the animation is fairly lazy, and the fights are unimpressive because they all feel like they are over because they even begun. Another huge fault is the music direction, which is quite frankly...horrific.

That being said the best part of the show were the charming moments between Asuna and Kirito, as well as the Irony that was taking place with the whole Lyfa situation. Other than that not much else comes to mind.

It's basically a show that had potential to be fun, but wasn't a whole lot of fun. If it was taken less seriously than I probably would have enjoyed it more.

But for this last episode...man why is the hospital empty, no guards, no staff...what is this?
Dec 22, 2012 1:14 PM

May 2011
hyperknees91 said:

But for this last episode...man why is the hospital empty, no guards, no staff...what is this?

A pretty shitty hospital if you ask me
Dec 22, 2012 1:15 PM

Mar 2011
RockerXD said:
hyperknees91 said:

Love can overcome anything, even the lack of staff members.
Dec 22, 2012 1:16 PM
Oct 2010
Treekodar said:
RockerXD said:
hyperknees91 said:

It even stops the bleeding.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller

Jan 2011
RockerXD said:
hyperknees91 said:

Yep. Even a 16-year-old kid could just enter it at night when the main gates are closed.

Nov 2007
RockerXD said:
hyperknees91 said:

The staff went to play GGO.
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2012 1:17 PM

May 2011
Ajunky said:
Treekodar said:
RockerXD said:
hyperknees91 said:

It was pretty cold, and the wound was on the snow for quite a bit, so that prolly stopped the bleeding.

May 2011
It's finally over.

I was raging at how Sugou was a pussy and couldn't kill Kirito off. Even in the real world, he's OP. Ah well.

It was refreshing to see the old SAO cast again. I love pigtail loli-chan and friend zone, although I'm wondering why her hair was pink in SAO and brown in real life. Perhaps she dyed it?

And then we get a Lyfa scene thing with some sort of misleading romance. Honestly, it feels like she got more screen time than Asuna, and isn't Asuna supposed to be the main heroine, especially in the end? If so, then kick freaking Asuna out and let the incest commence.

Unfortunately, the respect I had for Kirito dwindled towards the end of the SAO arc and even more so in this terrible ALO arc. I now have built a hatred for how OP he is, and yes, you could very well say I'm butthurt. Even though the ending was decent, it's still not enough to mask how much of a piece of crap Kirito is.

6/10, ALO was too much of an annoyance. It's no fun if I'm constantly pissed for about 10+ episodes straight. Would have been lower had it not been for the SAO arc and the cast.

Aug 2012
Is there going to be a 2nd season??
Dec 22, 2012 1:18 PM

Jan 2011
Raven-Vermillion said:
Not confirmed, but 99% yes.
Dec 22, 2012 1:19 PM

Jan 2011
RockerXD said:
Ajunky said:
Treekodar said:
RockerXD said:
hyperknees91 said:

It was pretty cold, and the wound was on the snow for quite a bit, so that prolly stopped the bleeding.

And somehow the cut Kirito got on his shoulder healed almost instantly and the blood vanished, cos it seemed like Asuna only noticed that tiny cut on his cheek and not the other wound. But... that kiss was nice!
Dec 22, 2012 1:20 PM

Jun 2012
SkyTate said:
RockerXD said:
Ajunky said:
Treekodar said:
RockerXD said:
hyperknees91 said:

And somehow the cut Kirito got on his shoulder healed almost instantly and the blood vanished. But... that kiss was nice!

Maybe he used a potion. In other words, maybe he's still in a VRMMO with everyone else.

Mar 2011
SkyTate said:
RockerXD said:
Ajunky said:
Treekodar said:
RockerXD said:
hyperknees91 said:

And somehow the cut Kirito got on his shoulder healed almost instantly and the blood vanished. But... that kiss was nice!

The snow healed his wound, the kiss healed his clothes. This anime makes perfect sense now.
10/10 would read again.

Jan 2012
Why was that scene in the snowy car park so short? We didn't get to see Sugou suffer enough! >.<
I also thought it was stupid how he kept kicking Kirito and telling him to get up instead of just stabbing him while he was down. He just wanted to get rid of Kirito. The whole scene was a disappointment imo there could have been so much more drama and suspense.

It was nice seeing old characters like Liz and Ayano again :)
I like Asuna's new look in her elf outfit and new hair but I think she looked better in the other two games.

Nov 2007
Raven-Vermillion said:

Most probably. The Otaku have weird taste when it comes to anime. That's why they are known as Otaku.
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2012 1:23 PM

Nov 2007
bakapunt said:
Why was that scene in the snowy car park so short? We didn't get to see Sugou suffer enough! >.<
I also thought it was stupid how he kept kicking Kirito and telling him to get up instead of just stabbing him while he was down. He just wanted to get rid of Kirito. The whole scene was a disappointment imo there could have been so much more drama and suspense.

Everyone does that. I have seen that happening with Nicholas Cage and Matt Damon and [Insert Name Here].
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2012 1:23 PM

Jul 2012
bakapunt said:

It was nice seeing old characters like Liz and Ayano again :)
I like Asuna's new look in her elf outfit and new hair but I think she looked better in the other two games.

why didn't he die when Kirito killed him in the game? he turned the thing to 0 which I thought meant it was basically real kinda like SAO
Dec 22, 2012 1:24 PM
Aug 2012
SAO... It's finished

No.. I think we're just getting started.
Dec 22, 2012 1:25 PM

Mar 2011
therandomestguy said:
why didn't he die when Kirito killed him in the game? he turned the thing to 0 which I thought meant it was basically real kinda like SAO

Because then love wouldn't have overcome the big baddie.
Dec 22, 2012 1:26 PM

Jan 2008
Treekodar said:
therandomestguy said:

Bad guys have plot armor too.
Dec 22, 2012 1:26 PM

Dec 2012
SAO was a 9, but ALO fell to a 7, and a 6 at times. I wish I could rate them separately, but I'll give it an 8 overall. I enjoyed most off it, some parts were fantastic, and others were eye-roll worthy. Yet, I always looked forward to next weeks episode, and never felt like skimming through an episode. I'll look forward to any future SAO media with the hope that they'll be able to recognize what made SAO awesome, and ALO lackluster.
Dec 22, 2012 1:27 PM
Sep 2011
Treekodar said:
SkyTate said:
RockerXD said:
Ajunky said:
Treekodar said:
RockerXD said:
hyperknees91 said:

The snow healed his wound, the kiss healed his clothes. This anime makes perfect sense now.
10/10 would read again.

One part of novel was omitted. After the fight Kirito went to the hospital, and told them about Sugou attack (hу used Sugo's tie to immobilize him), and Sugou was immediately captured by guards. Kirito's wounds were quickly treated, and he went to Asuna (everybody left the room then).

This can obvious even without reading LN, just common sense.
Dec 22, 2012 1:27 PM

Jan 2011
Paul said:
Not really taking much effort to respond to him and easy post count +1. /lmao.

Oh you, I should stop though, I tried, seems like it won't work. The english doesn't help either, and here I thought I was the one who didn't know too much because I'm not a native one.
Dec 22, 2012 1:28 PM

Sep 2012
LEGOF said:
I love pigtail loli-chan and friend zone, although I'm wondering why her hair was pink in SAO and brown in real life. Perhaps she dyed it?

Hair colours were customisable in SAO - she customised it to be pink in SAO.

Do you remember Diabel in episode 2? The guy with the blue hair? He customised his hair colour as well.
Dec 22, 2012 1:29 PM

Nov 2007
Xaliuss said:
Treekodar said:
SkyTate said:
RockerXD said:
Ajunky said:
Treekodar said:
RockerXD said:
hyperknees91 said:

10/10 would read again.

One part of novel was omitted. After the fight Kirito went to the hospital, and told them about Sugou attack (hу used Sugo's tie to immobilize him), and Sugou was immediately captured by guards. Kirito's wounds were quickly treated, and he went to Asuna (everybody left the room then).

Good to know that the LN covers those things, but common sense? Lol.
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2012 1:30 PM
Oct 2010
Xaliuss said:

They just conveniently forgot to treat the wound on his face? (left like that it can leave a scar and/or get infected)... oh right, "common sense"
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 22, 2012 1:30 PM
Sep 2011
Paul said:
Treekodar said:
therandomestguy said:

You can't be killed from game in Amusphere. It's safe, and automatically disconnects if something is wrong with body (due to pain Sugou left ALO). Everything else is explained in last 2 episodes.
Dec 22, 2012 1:33 PM

Jun 2012
I'm waiting for 2022, seriously.

Nov 2012
good ending. Nice to see all of them together.
episode 25 : 4/5 but because of Silica -> 5/5
Sword Art Online: 8/10
I hope there will be a second season.

Komari Kamikita    Mio Nishizono      Rin Natsume    Yuiko Kurugaya   Haruka Saigusa  Kudryavka Noumi

Jul 2012
Xaliuss said:
Paul said:
Treekodar said:
therandomestguy said:

You can't be killed from game in Amusphere. It's safe, and automatically disconnects if something is wrong with body (due to pain Sugou left ALO). Everything else is explained in last 2 episodes.

oh i just thought he was able to change that when he got administrator at the end
Pages (29) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

62 by RandomAnon2 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

745 by amf85 »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.