Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 4, 2012 1:29 AM

Sep 2012
okanagan said:
If you look at the background of the people who created GaruPan, their previous work was fairly fluffy stuff like K-On, Squid Girl and Maria-sama Ga Miteru. Squid Girl WAS planning an invasion, at least. Those are all good shows, but even so . .
Well, Squid Girl is still fighting her foes even now! Because....

Squid Girl's seiyuu Kanemoto Hisako is Katchusha in GirlPan !! X-D
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 4, 2012 1:34 AM

May 2012
Every episode of Girls und Panzer doesn't disappoint(at least for me) and this episode is no exception. Love it.

Though that said, Too bad we will not see the battle of St. Gloriana vs. Black Forest since Darjeeling said they(St Gloriana) already lost the semi-finals off-screen.

OST is the best. Love the Katyusha song by Nonna and Katyusha.

Miho's mother planning to disown her. Knew that she was strict in her belief in Sensha-do. Hope Miho proves her wrong in her Sensha-do way.

The secret is out finally of the school closing if they lose. If only the student council didn't keep it a secret in the first place then they would not have to end up telling it in a dire situation adding more pressure to Miho to bail them out in this predicament they are in.

We all know that Oarai will beat Pravda in the end to face Black Forest in the finals. It's now a matter of what they will do to overcome the odds to win in the next episode.
zenjamibuDec 4, 2012 1:52 AM
Dec 4, 2012 1:58 AM

Aug 2008
Great episode! Loved the katyusha song. Hope there is a second season of this. As a war history fan and avid COH player i love this show!
Woot!
Dec 4, 2012 2:27 AM

Sep 2012
2ch found probably the first sakuga problem in this anime....

Compare
http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/121204-0103500663-1440x810.jpg

this with
http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/tv1354550617283.jpg

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 4, 2012 2:30 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:

Compare

this with

what am i supposed to be seeing?
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 2:37 AM
Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
symbv said:

Compare

this with

what am i supposed to be seeing?
The hair of the commander is long in the first picture and shoulder length in the second.

Edit: The captain is also holding something in the first picture while she isn't on the second.
Dec 4, 2012 2:38 AM

Sep 2012
^ And the 2ch people joked that if Nonna's hair has been "purged" X-D X-D

Dec 4, 2012 2:40 AM

Nov 2012
i was going to say katyusha got cuter.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 2:42 AM
Sep 2012
All that's missing is a picture of the captain posing like Stalin.
Dec 4, 2012 2:43 AM

Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
That is not a saukga / animation problem though :-)

http://blog-imgs-45-origin.fc2.com/s/o/m/someoneone/tv1354551311386.jpg
Just look at her... Her tiny stature means that she had to hold onto the tank with both hands to get her upper body out in the open. I would say that probably her feet are left dangling in air. Just another example of attention to details in this anime.....

Dec 4, 2012 2:45 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
no_good_name said:

Just look at her... Her tiny stature means that she had to hold onto the tank with both hands to get her upper body out in the open. I would say that probably her feet are left dangling in air. Just another example of attention to details in this anime.....
There's an error on that link.
Dec 4, 2012 2:45 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
no_good_name said:

Page not found :(

Pictures of her seem rare

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NexuDec 3, 2017 12:38 PM
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 2:55 AM
Sep 2012
no_good_name said:

The look on her face screams FEAR ME OR YOU WILL BE PURGED! lol
Dec 4, 2012 2:57 AM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:

Thats all i got, hopefully some decent fan art surfaces (i'm sure shes going to be a favorite rival for many)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 3:01 AM
Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:

Thats all i got, hopefully some decent fan art surfaces (i'm sure shes going to be a favorite rival for many)
She looks even angrier than before. lol

Great pics no_good_name
Dec 4, 2012 3:05 AM

Aug 2012
Great ep, gief more~
Dec 4, 2012 3:05 AM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
symbv said:
no_good_name said:

Try this then...

Dec 4, 2012 3:06 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
AiCon said:
symbv said:
no_good_name said:

Try this then...
The spoiler doesn't do anything.

Edit: It works now. Why does she look angry on every picture I see her in? lol
Dec 4, 2012 3:07 AM

Nov 2012
I was looking for a shot of her in the tank but failed, if i knew how to make decent screenshots i'd make my own.

Edit:thats the screenshot i wanted :)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 3:12 AM
Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
I was looking for a shot of her in the tank but failed, if i knew how to make decent screenshots i'd make my own.

Here's a thread that has a link on how to make a GIF if you're interested?
Dec 4, 2012 3:22 AM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:

Here's a thread that has a link on how to make a GIF if you're interested?

Thanks i'll give it a go
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 3:22 AM
Dec 2010
I dunno, i think they fell into probably one of the most obvious traps layed out in history. -_-
Dec 4, 2012 3:30 AM
Sep 2012
Botagar said:
I dunno, i think they fell into probably one of the most obvious traps layed out in history. -_-
It isn't really everyones fault other than Miho since they're novices. It's Miho's fault since she's a veteran and she's the one in charge. She should have spoken up more and yelled at them to stop instead of going along.
Dec 4, 2012 3:32 AM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
Botagar said:
It isn't really everyones fault other than Miho since they're novices. It's Miho's fault since she's a veteran and she's the one in charge. She should have spoken up more and yelled at them to stop instead of going along.

I would have at least sent in a scout and kept a tank in reserve to cover the sections retreat.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 3:35 AM
Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
Botagar said:

I would have at least sent in a scout and kept a tank in reserve to cover the sections retreat.
The scout would have been overwhelmed by the bait tanks in the middle of town. What they could have done it to fire from the ridge overlooking the town. The high elevation would have given them a longer range and also possibly destroy the buildings so there wouldn't be any places to hide.
Dec 4, 2012 3:38 AM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
Botagar said:

The scout would have been overwhelmed by the bait tanks in the middle of town. What they could have done it to fire from the ridge overlooking the town and possibly destroy the buildings so there wouldn't be any places to hide.

No a scout (a good one at least) does not engage enemy units, its gathers intel and withdraws when spotted.

I dont think they can use HE rounds (AP wouldnt do much to building) i really want to know exactly what kind of ammunition they can use in matches.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 3:41 AM
Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
Botagar said:

The scout would have been overwhelmed by the bait tanks in the middle of town. What they could have done it to fire from the ridge overlooking the town and possibly destroy the buildings so there wouldn't be any places to hide.

No a scout (a good one at least) does not engage enemy units, its gathers intel and withdraws when spotted.

I dont think they can use HE rounds (AP wouldnt do much to building) i really want to know exactly what kind of ammunition they can use in matches.
A smart tank commander would have the bait tanks attack the lone scout since Miho's team doesn't have many tanks.
Dec 4, 2012 3:42 AM

Sep 2012
I think a scout is more suitable if you have more tanks than the other side. Otherwise you just split up your force and leave it at the risk of being cut off and destroyed bit by bit.

Dec 4, 2012 3:45 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
I think a scout is more suitable if you have more tanks than the other side. Otherwise you just split up your force and leave it at the risk of being cut off and destroyed bit by bit.

Using current and up to date intel is important in combat, why disadvantage yourself further by not sending out a scout?

The 38t is perfectly suited seeing as it is useless against everything the other team has- use your resources to their best ability.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 3:47 AM
Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
symbv said:

Using current and up to date intel is important in combat, why disadvantage yourself further by not sending out a scout?

The 38t is perfectly suited seeing as it is useless against everything the other team has- use your resources to their best ability.
Because it's too important to lose and it would have been cut off right away since it was out in the open.

Plus, they could have attacked them from the ridge or faint a retreat and lure the enemy tanks to go over the ridge where they would expose their underbelly while not being able to fire.
Dec 4, 2012 3:49 AM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
symbv said:

Because it's too important to lose and it would have been cut off right away since it was out in the open.

How is it too important to lose, the only other plan i could think of for the 38t is meat shield or ramming.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 3:50 AM

Sep 2012
^ I would say that at a numerical disadvantage, splitting up your force is a risky trade-off. Any intelligence gathered is useless if your force is divided by the more numerical enemy. A scout is only acceptable if it is not sent too far away at the risk of being cut off.

By the way, I am impressed by the upslope climbing power of IS-2:

Dec 4, 2012 3:51 AM

May 2010
I don't believe it, they an actually sing in Russian !!
Dec 4, 2012 3:53 AM

Sep 2012
MyAmy said:
I don't believe it, they an actually sing in Russian !!
As long as I heard Uesaka Sumire is voicing Nonna I had expected lots of Russian being heard in the anime, but I must say that a full minute (and more) of Russian song singing is a pleasant surprise.

According to the official Twitter, in the next episode we should expect even more amazing performance by Uesaka Sumire the self-proclaimed Russian otaku !!

Dec 4, 2012 3:54 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
^ I would say that at a numerical disadvantage, splitting up your force is a risky trade-off. Any intelligence gathered is useless if your force is divided by the more numerical enemy. A scout is only acceptable if it is not sent too far away at the risk of being cut off.

If they had scouted there is a high chance the trap would have been sprung giving the rest time to withdraw in good order.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 3:56 AM
Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
symbv said:

If they had scouted there is a high chance the trap would have been sprung giving the rest time to withdraw in good order.
So what do you think the chances are that the bait tanks would have attacked the scout before it noticed the trap?
Dec 4, 2012 3:56 AM

Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
No, the chance is that scout will be surrounded and eliminated. They should have done what Miho originally planned, move cautiously with an advance tank at the vanguard of the formation to probe the forward position, not a scout sent far off in front to do recon.

Dec 4, 2012 3:58 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
no_good_name said:
No, the chance is that scout will be surrounded and eliminated. They should have done what Miho originally planned, move cautiously with an advance tank at the vanguard of the formation to probe the forward position, not a scout sent far off in front to do recon.

Is radio communication aloud after a tank is knocked out?

Though come to think of it if they had not fumbled their shots on the flag tank they wouldnt have had this problem in the first place.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 3:59 AM
Jun 2008
so next battle from oarai is the russians aka pravda give now they got 6 tanks & new crew join from miho to command also had meet student council from history together include mud wrestling.

yet speaking of miho her own mom plan to disowner her from family legacy even her sister is shock to did not want hear that.

here come russian led by lil russia with high russia going russian sing for battle give miho's team go charge sure got few hits on them to lead to IT A TRAP of so many russians.

cue hide in building with message from russian kneel or in russia tanks ride you give miho feel at we had fun til momo spill the beans we need win or school go bye.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 4, 2012 4:04 AM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
symbv said:

So what do you think the chances are that the bait tanks would have attacked the scout before it noticed the trap?

Russians always miss their first shot, the 38t would have a good chance to avoid the trap, the thing that screwed them over was having their line of retreat cut off.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 4:10 AM
Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
symbv said:

Russians always miss their first shot, the 38t would have a good chance to avoid the trap, the thing that screwed them over was having their line of retreat cut off.
There were 3 or 4 bait tanks that would have attacked the lone scout. Even if they missed their first shot, there would have been lots more to follow and if the entire team didn't notice the trap, what are the chances that the lone scout would survive and tell the rest of the team?
Dec 4, 2012 4:16 AM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
symbv said:

There were 3 or 4 bait tanks that would have attacked the lone scout. Even if they missed their first shot, there would have been lots more to follow and if the entire team didn't notice the trap, what are the chances that the lone scout would survive and tell the rest of the team?

You seem to think a scout would drive into the center of the town, i would at least scout the outskirts and find their flanking force (which caused them to panic thus throwing away any coherent order of battle)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 4:25 AM
Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
symbv said:

You seem to think a scout would drive into the center of the town, i would at least scout the outskirts and find their flanking force (which caused them to panic thus throwing away any coherent order of battle)
I think that the bait tanks would engage the scout if it got close to the town since it's a sitting duck and an invaluable member of the team.
Dec 4, 2012 4:27 AM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
symbv said:

I think that the bait tanks would engage the scout if it got close to the town since it's a sitting duck and an invaluable member of the team.

how is it invaluable to the team?
Its weapons wouldnt even scratch a t34.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 4:32 AM
Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:
symbv said:

For the same reason Miho's panzer can maneuver like it did against the Churchill tank. Even if it couldn't penetrate the armor, it would still draw their fire enabling the other tanks to get a shot.
Dec 4, 2012 4:34 AM

Nov 2012
AiCon said:
no_good_name said:

For the same reason Miho's panzer can maneuver like it did against the Churchill tank. Even if it couldn't penetrate the armor, it would still draw their fire enabling the other tanks to get a shot.

I would hope the T34 commanders would ignore the 38t, or die laughing

If you read ww2 combat reports you will see that quite often stug assault guns would defeat the numerically superior soviets (15 T34s being driven back by 2 stugs) and thats not even taking into account the panzer 4.

The only tanks i think they really have to worry about is the T34/85s

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NexuDec 3, 2017 12:39 PM
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 4:47 AM

Sep 2012
Please help reduce the congestion of the thread by reducing the number of old content being quoted in a new post. I can see no_good_name is making a good start. :-)
Many thanks.

Dec 4, 2012 5:05 AM
Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
If you read ww2 combat reports you will see that quite often stug assault guns would defeat the numerically superior soviets (15 T34s being driven back by 2 stugs) and thats not even taking into account the panzer 4.

The only tanks i think they really have to worry about is the T34/85s
If the real world applied in Girl und Panzer then they wouldn't have even bothered to use those outdated thanks since they would be too slow or under-gunned against most tanks. The most of those tanks would have gotten stuck in the snow since they had narrow tracks unlike the T-34.
Dec 4, 2012 6:21 AM

Apr 2010
That trap was rather obvious but the girls where overconfident and didn't even listen to Miho they just rushed in without thinking at all.
Seems Pravda was planning on there overconfidence and used it to there advantage.
There are still ways of getting out of that church unharmed however the church itself would not go unharmed it already suffered damage from being shot at.
Miho will have to come up with a good tactic if she wants to win this one since there outnumbered and out powered by a lot.

Speaking of the numbers of Pravda i thought ten tanks was the maximum number allowed in a match yet i am counting fifteen tanks on Pravda side.
It did show one thing about the Russians they had the numbers.
This episode was again the stereotype even going as far as going with a few things from Stalin's regime such as mentioning being send to Siberia and purge.
Only one importuned thing about Russians was missing tho "Vodka".

Tho they showed the Tiger during last episode they didn't use it during this one neither was anything mentioned about it.
Then there is also the thing with the new tanks i was wondering about thing during last weeks episode as well but how are they going to get a new team ready before the finals.
The B1 team already showed lack of training and was having a hard time with that hill and the Tiger team will probably have similar problems.
Then there is also the thing about there school closing it down if they don't win that tournament sounds like a very harsh condition.
Why would the school be shot down in the first place?
Dec 4, 2012 6:25 AM

Sep 2012
Aversa said:
That trap was rather obvious but the girls where overconfident and didn't even listen to Miho they just rushed in without thinking at all.Seems Pravda was planning on there overconfidence and used it to there advantage.
Miho even said at least once that lure and counterattack is what Pravda is particularly good at...

Aversa said:
Speaking of the numbers of Pravda i thought ten tanks was the maximum number allowed in a match yet i am counting fifteen tanks on Pravda side.
From what I read, the 10 tank limit seems to apply to the first round only....

Aversa said:
Tho they showed the Tiger during last episode they didn't use it during this one neither was anything mentioned about it.
If you watch the last episode again, you would see that it is never shown they discovered the tank. The tank was only shown to us but not to them.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

191 by giannis85 »»
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Dec 10, 2012

320 by giannis85 »»
Jan 4, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2012

164 by giannis85 »»
Nov 20, 2023 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.