Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 19, 2008 11:44 AM
Mar 2008
Wtf lol, at first I was like "Touma's an asshole for making Index cry even when she said she cared about him" but then he really did lose his memory lol. The ending made me confused but at least it's interesting.
Nov 26, 2008 1:08 PM

Sep 2008
I almost thought it changed from him not pretending but than he did that little trick and I forgot about it. xD
Dec 6, 2008 9:38 PM
Dec 2008
Hmmm, I was wondering how the heck Stiyl still alive if that dude can make his imagination real. Toumas arm got chopped off because of that, then how the heck is he still alive xDD
Dec 18, 2008 2:29 PM

Jan 2008
Did anyone get a feeling at the point where he say: "vampires! zomg!".
It made me think about Index biting touma all over the place xD
~de Arimasu
Dec 28, 2008 12:42 AM

May 2008
8GaugeBrett said:
LoL. Did anyone else notice that Touma was running at full speed across that apartment towards Index for like 5 minutes?

I was actually going to comment on this; that was the most exaggerated dimensional distortion full speed run I've seen in an anime. Kinda funny in its own little way :D

NO HOW COULD HE FORGET... god dam. This better turn out ok (hold on, its a shounen... of course it will).
Jan 2, 2009 6:53 PM

Jun 2008
That really sucks Touma lost his memories. >_>
HEY!
Feb 5, 2009 1:16 AM

Jun 2008
I pretty much stopped here when watching due to lack of time, coupled with boredom. I'm going to solicit advice from people who have watched further: does this show get better after this overly long prologue? Is it worth watching?
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Mar 18, 2009 8:30 PM

May 2008
^ theres much worse shows with insanely long OP's and quick recaps. just for example hitman reborn. Its horrid how long they are and the show ends like 7 minutes early for the haru haru gay interview crap.

Anyways the whole him forgetting his memory was kinda lame...
Apr 5, 2009 4:58 AM

Jan 2009
Tricks of fate lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2009 4:51 AM

Jul 2008
Ohhh.. the irony. I didn't really like that Touma lied to Index saying he didn't lose his memories. I mean, sure, people may think it's the "noble" thing to do. But I just don't see why he couldn't tell her the full truth. That he really doesn't remember her, but that he feels she's very important to him and he wants to protect her. Ehh.. Well, hopefully his lie won't come back to bite him on the ass.
Apr 21, 2009 8:42 AM

Mar 2009
freakman012 said:
^ theres much worse shows with insanely long OP's and quick recaps. just for example hitman reborn. Its horrid how long they are and the show ends like 7 minutes early for the haru haru gay interview crap.

Anyways the whole him forgetting his memory was kinda lame...

He didn't forget his memories, he lost them completely. The Doc told him his brain cells of his memories were destroy from the spell so don't expect for him to find his old memories cause their never gonna come back again.
Oct 4, 2009 6:37 PM

Jul 2009
Damn Touma lost his memory completely but he still thinks Index that far, man that was great
Oct 8, 2009 3:47 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm no one else but me that was a bit bugged by the fact that Touma's hand was bleeding and that by the sound and look of things he's fingers where breaking, and then the hand got completely destroyed or at least wounded enough for him to withdraw it.

Yet when he finally reaches Index after the worlds slowest sprint the hand is perfectly fine and have no wounds or damages what so ever?

Seems a bit strange to me.

The whole memory thing was a bit confusing too, but in the end it was made clear that he actually lost all his memories, interesting twist in the plot I'd say.

Really curious to see who that upside down women in the glass tank is and what role she plays in everything.
By the look of things it seems as if she is the "leader" of the science side.
Oct 19, 2009 12:32 PM

May 2009
Deep Blood? Vampires? A bit too much information this episode.
Touma actually lost his memories. At first I thought he was just being an ass, but he actually cares about Index feelings that much.
Nov 30, 2009 2:17 AM

Aug 2009
Very good episode! Poor Touya! And I'm surprised that no one besides the frog doc who knows that Touya's lost all of his memory. He's an expert at fooling people. :P
Dec 18, 2009 12:30 AM

Aug 2007
So confused...Guess Touma really forgot everything but the idea of getting his memory back with his hand is pretty smart....and i dont get the ending...the guy in the tube seems to be with science and the fire dude is magic...why they working together? o.O
Dec 31, 2009 4:13 PM

Jun 2008
TOO MUCH INFO, TOO CONFUSED

Sad to know Touma's memories are really gone. I guess glass tank man seems to be the leader of the science side, who knows what's up. I still don't get everything but I'll try. I don't know why I still don't like this anime, I like it enough to watch it but it feels so weird. I want more characters is what I need.
Jan 18, 2010 9:32 AM

Aug 2009
Oh my, at first I was like noo Touma lost his memories, but then I was like oh fuck you Touma you liar, but after the doctor came in, I was like oh damn it, he really lost his memories, poor Index. :(

Also, what the fuck is deep blood? That dude in the tube in the end referred Deep Blood like it was in the same league as Touma's Imagine Breaker. Also, VAMPIRES? Lmfao, I didn't expect vampires in this Anime. I want to get surprised more.

I didn't get the conversation between the fire mage and the trap inside the tube in the end. That trap isn't part of the church right? since he said he's one of the science side.
Feb 22, 2010 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
This made for an interesting development. I still don't get the plot, but it's still interesting enough for me to want to continue watching the series.

Its kind of sad that he lost his memories. I wonder how index will react when she finds out.

And that last part, what's with science and magic? That is still something that I don't understand about this series.
Apr 15, 2010 8:49 AM

Aug 2008
Ah I actually like this ep. Love how sad it was that Touma lost his memories and he's only pretending to remember Index. :((
May 7, 2010 9:19 AM

Apr 2010
The battle scene on this ep was kinda lame. It was just characters talking while lights flashed in the background.

Touma losing his memory is a good twist; and with the "deep blood" thing, it seems like there'll be a new storline.
Jun 3, 2010 9:01 PM

Jan 2010
I have to say, I'm liking Touma more and more each episode. He is an awesome shonen protagonist.

Looks like plot-wise things are starting to heat up. I'm curious what the Church magicians will do next.
Jun 28, 2010 8:40 PM

Jun 2009
So he lost his memories but no really but he actually did? LOL
Jun 30, 2010 2:05 AM

Jul 2008
i guess it actually does take 5 min to run across a japanese style apartment or there was some spatial distortion caused by whatever magic was going on... another problem was that it sounded like touma's hand broke twice during that standoff but he came out unscathed (as far as his arm goes)

the i-completely-forgot-but-pretend-i-didnt part made no sense. either this is bad plot development or something is up... well see

vampires? c'mon

i dont know, but this show is skating on thin ice... maybe it'll make a recovery

lastly, i dont like touma... i guess one can admire the amount of courage he has, but hes really weak. i think he relies on his right arm too much... if i was an enemy, id just cut it off... its not like he can defend himself from an experienced opponent... problem solved
Aug 2, 2010 11:25 AM

Jun 2009
Ep 5:
"where on her body have i not touched yet?"
Ep 6:
Auto-warning trigger-alerts.

I'm having lots of Chobits vibes here...
Aug 31, 2010 9:53 AM
Aug 2007
Lol i'm dead confused, after watching it a 3rd time for this specific episode lol.. I dislike the memory loss bit very much lol they don't explain it enough lol twisting our thoughts 3 times.. I don't even know if he's trying to hide something anymore lool but then they might have done this to portray the kind of feeling kanzaki and magnus felt to index or something like that.. lol i hate that portrayed feeling.. grr lol ~ahhh so confused~ ^^ I liked Railgun alot more (: biribiri~
Oct 2, 2010 4:44 PM
Jul 2008
Just watched part of it. Took him a long ass time to run across that little room
Oct 5, 2010 4:53 PM

Nov 2009
That is one powerful attack Index has. It is so sad that Touma lost his memories but Index got to keep her's. Great episode.
Teqnique said:
Took him a long ass time to run across that little room

I noticed that as well. XD
Oct 26, 2010 8:32 AM
Jun 2008
Kind of 'meh' episode - the end was interesting, though.
Dec 12, 2010 4:50 AM

Sep 2008
I really liked the episode...

Have to say, I found Touma's "act" really convincing. I, too, thought he really hadn't forgotten... Though his explanation, I thought, was really fishy and didn't sound entirely possible. Should've known better, ahah...

So... Vampires are entering the picture now? Rather than Deep Blood, I want to know who the upside down floating guy is. o_O
Jan 10, 2011 3:19 AM

Aug 2008
the actual battle was a bit ridiculous with Touma taking forever to run what appeared to me 10 feet. But the results were great. I knew it was bad news when Touma went down, but damn. What an effective way to make everyone understand what Index and her friends had been going through. It was pretty f*cked up though.

So they're saying that Vampires exist in some form? Hot damn! This is getting exciting. I imagine that if they're saying that Imagine Breaker proves something it must be some sort of Esper god or something like that. Imagine Breaker takes away powers, so someone else augments or gives them? Interesting.

Jan 11, 2011 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
Touma losing his memories was just stupid.
Feb 5, 2011 2:02 PM

Oct 2010
Akolatronic said:
Touma losing his memories was just stupid.
Agree... wth happen to the "oblivion if you get touch by a feather" part.
Memory loss was just bad, but i like how he pretended to be fine so she could feel better.
huh?
Feb 7, 2011 10:06 AM
Jun 2010
pretty good episode :)
Feb 21, 2011 2:32 PM

Jul 2010
Irony much? All that trouble to prevent Index from losing her memories and now Touma did? I don't really like this change.

So from now on he's just going to pretend nothing happened? -_-

Apr 13, 2011 8:29 AM

Feb 2011
this anime have this vampire thingy too ? everything is getting more interesting now <333
touma losing his memories is like from korean dramas xD
i think this unexpected change is better than index losing her memories which almost of us predict/expect to happen..now that would be so lame
May 28, 2011 6:06 PM

Jul 2010
Bakayaro said:
kisami said:
he was told everything that happened but he forgot everything. basically he knows what he forgot. its basically like copying and pasting data. he will just have to get to know her again for real since he hasnt really lost his desire to help her apearantly.

Pretty much. I haven't read the manga, but I really wish Touma had read the letter on his own. Something about him doing that just seemed a bit... lame, and uninspiring. I dunno. Exactly how many of his memories did Touma lose? All of them? Does he still remember his friends? Komoe? Lightning girl who outside of like two cameos hasn't made an appearance since episode one? Hell, if all his memories were nuked, how'd he even be able to speak or walk?

And what's the deal with the tube-dude and Stiyl? I'mma have to rewatch that scene again, but is the church working both the magic and the science sides or somethin? The entire end of the episode seemed unnecessary for this one. I would have much rather had Touma struggle to reach Index, have it take a few more minutes and have his sacrifice mean that much more, but what can ya do?

All I know is after this episode, I wish I had an apartment the size of Komoe's. It feels like someone just Bel Air'd or Rickrolled me in anime form. So confused, my heart weeps for Touma and Index, and I finally thought Stiyl and Kaori were going to be awesome for more than thirty seconds. Apparently not.

Also, with an ability like the Imagine Breaker, why the hell is Touma only a Level 0? I mean, that's a pretty ridiculous thing there. Does it evolve? Anything special? Or does it just continue to negate everything? I mean, he's far more powerful than his level leads on. And Stiyl is going to team up with him? (Insert Lines of Spam and Confusion Here)

i like this
also the reason he is a zero is becuz that guy said he can't duplicate, or reverse-engeneer it, so if u had a power and u used it against him, ur secret to ur powers are safe, hence, he can't explot anything.

Oct 29, 2011 10:16 AM

Oct 2010
so first he didn't have any memories, then he did, then he didn't again, LOL what was that about? a good episode though.
Jun 30, 2012 4:20 AM

Jun 2012
Okay, so why is it that Toma had hours to figure out something to do to help Index but then he figures out everything in the last ten minutes?
Also, how come Toma's running at Inedx across the room(which is like 10 feet) and she has time to say like ten sentences in between? What is he running in place at her? or is the room just the size of a fucking auditorium? I hate when animes twist logic to incorporate their ideas. It’s ridiculous…
Never go full retard
Jul 29, 2012 2:03 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, Touma is a real troll. "I've lost my memories.. just kidding... just kidding about that previous just kidding."

Anyway, I'm not really sold on the idea that having him lose his memories is a good direction for the plot to go in; but I'll withhold judgment until I see how it all plays out.
Aug 18, 2012 12:45 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
BADASS fight! HIGH INTENSITY that fight, Touma Imagine Breaker pushing back with all his might. Touma is fighting a strong magical force from Index after all. At the hospital, when Index said she LOVED Touma, I teared up!!! <333 Index actually SAID that she loved Touma! XDDD Poor Index >,<, her hero protected her,..... only to lose his own memory in return. AWESOME Touma X Index moment. But once Touma said he was only faking it, I was like ahhh darnnn U GOT ME!!! But right after when Touma REALLY lost his memory, I was like oh shittt, its for real..........:O! Been trolled again HAHA! The vampire bit in the end was a bit weird though, hope next ep explains what's going on better. LOVING the series so far :DDD
iamKetranLangAug 18, 2012 1:01 PM
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 9, 2012 12:06 AM

May 2011
No way, I got played not once, but twice. I don't know whether to be happy that I found a series that exceeded my expectations or sad that our hero Touma lost his memories. At least he retained his personality though. On a brighter note, Touma/Index only knew each for approximately a week or two, so it's not nearly as bad as losing someone you knew for years. They'll definitely make up for lost time. On the other hand, I wonder how his next confrontation with "biribiri" will go... I can't wait. ^^

Any way, it was a great episode and conclusion overall. I'm glad Magnus and Kanzaki stepped in to help in the nick of time. They are true friends. I am especially glad that Magnus's role is not over yet, he's going to team up with Touma apparently and hunt some vampires? Awesome. His letter was hilarious by the way, LoL.
Oct 30, 2012 10:40 PM

Oct 2012
If Touma lost his memories, who told him what happened to him? The doctors couldn't have, they weren't there. It also couldn't have been Stiyl or Kanazaki as they don't seem to be aware of the fact that Touma lost his memories. Am I missing something here?
Nov 15, 2012 9:20 AM

Sep 2009
you meanine.. playing my emotions. damn, i don't get what he was talking about the end , the man with upside down position floating in the water .. and vampires? this is very interesting. lol :D
Nov 15, 2012 9:40 AM

Feb 2010
inspaaaaace said:
If Touma lost his memories, who told him what happened to him? The doctors couldn't have, they weren't there. It also couldn't have been Stiyl or Kanazaki as they don't seem to be aware of the fact that Touma lost his memories. Am I missing something here?
-.- the doctor told touma about what he know about touma he did not tell him about stiyl and etc touma does not remember stiyl
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 9, 2012 9:56 AM

Sep 2012
good but sad episode :/
Jan 6, 2013 8:49 PM

Nov 2011
This episode sealed the deal on watching the entire franchise. That double bluff was nicely done. They punch you in the face, then make you feel all better, and then punch you again. I am officially interested.
Jan 7, 2013 1:47 PM

Jan 2013
Too bad he lost his memories :(
Jan 30, 2013 1:46 PM

May 2012
Oh boy, that's quite interesting development here and what a twist first thinking that Index will loose all her memories but now Touma lost everything! In the hospital scene I was like damn he really lost everything... OW LOL IT WAS A JOKE... fuck it wasn't...

But yea interest ending as well lets see what's next!
Feb 21, 2013 7:13 PM

Apr 2012
Well that sucks, he was such an interesting character and now he's a walking vegetable. This could change everything.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 6, 2008

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

206 by whitebeartigtig »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 22, 2008

115 by whitebeartigtig »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 15, 2008

146 by whitebeartigtig »»
Today, 3:29 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2008

151 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 3:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.