Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 29, 2012 1:14 PM

Jun 2008
That Taira guy keeps collecting crystals and it doesn't seem like his informing anyone about it. No matter how much he cries and stuff i still can't assume that his being completely honest with his intentions.
Dec 24, 2012 2:30 PM

Jan 2012
okay the girl i just getting on my nerves even more now, and I don't care of her past, in that situation it is clear that there trying to help and needs all the help she can get she needs to get over her 'all men need to die' quickly....

Also agree with Monad in that as much as weak and helpless he seems, he does seem to be collecting those crystals and not telling anybody my guess is he's using it as a backup in case they can't get off the island?
Dec 25, 2012 6:12 AM
May 2012
Elite60 said:
They managed to get away from those lizard creatures but unfortunately, Kiyoshi gets a huge bite in his leg in the process. Himiko finally recovers and asks Ryouta if he did anything with her body. Obviously, Ryouta remembers his actions and studders giving his answer. Himiko is not pleased one bit, lol.

They're not just Lizards. They're Komodo Dragons, I think.
Dec 26, 2012 9:09 AM

May 2012
Things are getting interesting, and lol the though of that the game company was behind this was right, and that probably to make a better game that is more realistic!

Either way nice episode, lets see who found them!
Jan 2, 2013 3:27 AM

Dec 2012
We learn that Light Yagami still has his intelligence.

And bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks.

5/5 since I don't know what to expect from the manga.
Jan 13, 2013 8:44 PM

Feb 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Bit rushed but

-MgZ_ said:
I think it still was a fine episode. Not to mention they wouldn't be able to end season 1 with a decent conclusion if they don't rush it.

Pretty much this, and next episode should indeed be good.
Feb 11, 2013 1:49 AM
Dec 2012
Liking this Anime alot!
I just hope the 3 can get along soon enought. I saw they ''Hold Hands'' in the Opening.
Not sure when they'll figure they were Online Daters.
I'll keep watching and figure it out! :)

Oh yeah, BTOOOM! Episode 7, I'm comming!

For some Reason, The Signature Doesn't Update, So just click to see.
May 11, 2013 3:19 PM

Jan 2012
zzz anime is zzz

only thing this anime does right is depicting how useless women are...

brb i have a vagina and i can do what the fuck ever i want...
Jul 30, 2013 3:43 AM

Feb 2013
Great episode! I'm enjoying this anime so far.
But I'm a little bit annoyed; Taira keeps calling his name, "Sakamoto", all the time, so why hasn't Himiko reacted to it yet?
I mean, they're married in-game, right?
I figured that if she heard that name, she might be all like "Sakamoto? Wait...what? You're Sakamoto? I-i-i'm Himiko, you're wife!" or something along the lines of that...
>_>
Nov 20, 2013 1:18 AM

Jul 2008
Oh great, now they have to deal with the psycho hunter. Lovely.
Dec 24, 2013 3:16 PM
Jul 2013
Stark700 said:
Taira's right. Karma's a bitch and will come back to bite you in the ass. Anyways, it was an okay episode. Taira is so brave and so is Sakamoto there. I found Himeko to be annoying but oh well.

Now for an obligatory psycho face of Sakamoto:

For some reason, this guy sometimes reminds me of Light Yagami from Death Note.
Jan 3, 2014 12:39 AM
May 2013
Majazztic said:
Great episode! I'm enjoying this anime so far.
But I'm a little bit annoyed; Taira keeps calling his name, "Sakamoto", all the time, so why hasn't Himiko reacted to it yet?
I mean, they're married in-game, right?
I figured that if she heard that name, she might be all like "Sakamoto? Wait...what? You're Sakamoto? I-i-i'm Himiko, you're wife!" or something along the lines of that...
>_>
I know that feel bro ... maybe she is too traumatized to trust men even Sakamoto , of course if they won't get closer in the next 2 episode Himiko will turn into a lesbian .

Things don't look good for Taira .
The smell of the death is in the air, I guess the next episode is going to be full of dramatic deaths.
Jan 7, 2014 4:13 PM

Sep 2012
I like the story. It's very interesting. I wonder what's going to happen next?
Feb 7, 2014 8:16 PM

Jul 2013
I still don't trust that old man. I don't know why, I just don't.

Good episode, I really like this girl.
Mar 24, 2014 4:58 AM

Oct 2013
Great story really got in to it.

May 22, 2014 6:05 AM

Apr 2012
Even though he's acting a bit shady I got really attached to Taira... which DEFINITELY means he's going to die. None of my faves ever survive ;_;
Jul 30, 2014 8:09 PM

Jun 2013
This anime truly is getting better with every episode.
Aug 4, 2014 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
I really got into this anime...
Aug 19, 2014 10:20 PM
Aug 2014
Im starting to really hate Himiko -_-
But the episode itself is leading to a tedious eniding
Sep 13, 2014 3:04 PM

Jun 2014
That girl is seriously starting to piss me off. She has to get over herself or I'll consider dropping this anime.
Sep 17, 2014 2:29 PM

Feb 2011
feking lizard
Dec 10, 2014 10:32 AM

Nov 2009
Dayum those giant lizards man
Apr 3, 2015 5:24 PM
Feb 2015
Hopefully they start trusting eachother. Man that army guy is back... Next episode should be interesting especially the title.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 12, 2015 9:30 AM

May 2014
The Komodo dragons are gone but, after being bitten by one, Taira's chances of survival should be pretty low. To make things worse that asshole appears again.

This show is amazing up to now :D
Apr 29, 2016 6:53 PM

Jul 2013
Nice that they managed to escape from the Komodos, but the bite should be pretty dangerous. I'm not sure how much the desinfication will help.

On one side it's true, Himiko is really ungrateful but on the other side we know why. I think if you have made these experiences you're changing in the art of react or doing things.

And now they have much more trouble with this idiot and his knife, oh god -.-

May 18, 2016 5:45 PM
Jun 2013
Those are some persistent lizards and I have a gut feeling the old man is going to kick the bucket trying to save these two. Also seems almost rape really screwed up this girls mind. Must be worst for her friends that we see she still cares for by her picture phone. Seems like going by previews more attempted rape will come.....ugh.
Aug 8, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2009
Bitten by a Komodo Dragon. Sorry Taira but you are now fucked.
Sep 18, 2016 5:09 PM

Feb 2014
This "you can only use the BIM of people you have killed" thing is starting to bother me, I hope they give a valid explanation for why it works that way, I'm here for Sci-Fi shit, for magical shit.
Oct 12, 2016 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
Awww, old guys leg got bitten! :(

He didn't deserve that, silly lizards.

Himiko should realise they are only trying to help her and not all men want to rape her.
May 4, 2017 5:51 AM

Apr 2015
Old man only got bit by the lizard lol.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 10, 2020 11:02 AM

May 2020
I thought Sakamoto leave her but he is not. Gonna be the best tag
Stark700 said:
Taira's right. Karma's a bitch and will come back to bite you in the ass. Anyways, it was an okay episode. Taira is so brave and so is Sakamoto there. I found Himeko to be annoying but oh well.

Now for an obligatory psycho face of Sakamoto:

Important message from this episode man. We need to do more kind things than bad things.
Feb 10, 2021 4:00 PM
Feb 2020
Weapons Testing Program for The Millittary by a Private Technology Company [Japanese Govt Defense Contractor].

I suspected they had cameras all over that island. And when a person makes a kill. I bet whoever they have on monitor duty taps that keyboard to update the fingerprint lock code on the switches of the test weapons to the person who made the kill.
Jun 19, 2021 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
The first half where Sakamoto wonders if he was abandoned ... and vice versa with Taaira thinking Sakamoto abandoned the blonde ... great theme/topic for this episode.

My Taira could've left the girl with Sakamoto and escaped with the bombs and food, but he didn't.
Sakamoto could've sacrificed the girl to get away from the lizards but didn't.

Grea examples of making the right moral choice. I had skepticism about Taira before -- from his character design, which matches a typical older villain archetype, to some of his mannerisms -- but as of now he HAS to be an ally.

I'm completely unbiased when I say this is a great and almost perfect anime.

I'd usually get annoyed in a case in which the blonde would refuse to help (hold down) Taira because he's a "man" and she doesn't want to touch him.
(And, first, I thought Sakaamoto's rebuttal "he got injured trying to save YOU" was amazing, and quite convincing.)
BUT... I somehow completely understood how the blonde couldn't bring herself to help disinfect Taira at first. You could tell she wanted to, but she just physically couldn't. Like a phobia. And how tears streamed from her eyes at that moment showed her moral dilemma.

Also, we get to see the "main" antagonist with the baseball cap again. He's definitely a heartless bastard, but it was interesting seeing his mannerisms at the HQ office setting. Seems he's trying to collect "data"? Interesting. For the sake of the show, I hope he doesn't interfere.

Ultimately helping Sakamoto disinfect Taira showed that the blonde is a good character. The "proof", if you well -- just like Sakamoto and Taira had to prove themselves to the audience.

A lot of the blonde's actions would usually draw out a "that bitch!' reaction from me, but this show executes everything correctly, and so all of the blonde's apprehensiveness is heavily justified and with proportional purpose.

The one thing that pissed me off was that she kicked Sakomoto to the ground when he looked at her phone, haha, but she gets a pass for that one. Refusing to give her name was also a bit shallow, though, since it should be clear to her now that Sakamoto and Taira aren't against her.
removed-userJun 19, 2021 6:56 PM
Jun 19, 2021 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
Monad said:
That Taira guy keeps collecting crystals and it doesn't seem like his informing anyone about it. No matter how much he cries and stuff i still can't assume that his being completely honest with his intentions.

Woooah, that's a really good point. I saw him collecting crystals too, but it never occurred to me that he wasn't telling Sakamoto or the girl. Although when he collects them, there isn't devious facial expressions or antagonistic music though... so we can't surmise his intentions yet. But great theory.

Ultimately, if he uses them to escape at the very end, while leaving others behind -- I don't know if I'd hold it against him, especially if he exhibited guilt. He DOES have a family, and he IS only human... right? Just another question this show poses about morality.

Great observation. I like Taira a lot as of now, and hope that isn't the case.
May 4, 2022 6:07 PM

Jul 2021
I think Himiko is a justifiable character despite her rude outlook
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 21, 2022 11:49 AM

May 2020
First time watching Komodo dragons attacking people in anime, otherwise it was always some documentary lol. But hey I don't think they attack people in groups. Anyways the trust issues are concerning.

Also Himiko's, "I hate men", getting a bit overboard but atleast she has a reason.
May 15, 2023 10:44 AM

Dec 2022
Those are some persistent monitors. Never seen anything like it. Knife douchebag returns too, and it makes me realise that having a backup melee weapon in this scenario is a pretty good idea.

Shaded Horizon

Jun 1, 2023 7:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reached the half way point, and damn I’ve been enjoying this so far. I didn’t realize in this episode but Taira being in terrible pain makes sense since a Komodo Dragon bite is poisonous. And I’m ngl I was thinking that Ryouta should have used one of his bombs on the Komodo Dragons but using Himiko to use one of her bombs works too lol. And now that asshole from before is back, this ain’t gonna be good.

But yeah, definitely a fun show so far, I missed these survival game type series, I should watch more after this one and maybe rewatch Darwin’s Game sometime.
Jul 27, 2023 7:27 PM
Jun 2023
THE GIRL NEEDS TO DO ANYTHING IN THE SHOW PLZ! the old dude is the only guy likable in the show.

GIRL BAD, DO ANYTHING
Oct 13, 2023 3:07 AM

Sep 2018
Only just realized that the names on the Btooom! rankings were tennis player names lol, that was incredibly random to see.
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Jul 2013
interesting that they didnt know or atleast didnt mention that a bite from those animals are poisonous
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 8:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.