Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 26, 2012 4:38 PM

Mar 2012
Anybody else feel that Yoshino's hair looked better when he was a kid?

Its the same with that blond guy from Psycho Pass. Whats up with the clips?
My blog: http://ankokuryuumugen.wordpress.com/

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ankokuryuumugen&sclick=1]
Oct 26, 2012 6:33 PM

Jan 2010
ankokuryuumugen said:
Anybody else feel that Yoshino's hair looked better when he was a kid?

Its the same with that blond guy from Psycho Pass. Whats up with the clips?

The reason why he is wearing it because.....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2012 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
Great backstory episode. I seriously don't remember reading this part in the manga though. Yeah, some fanservice for females especially lol. Haha Yoshino's 'payback' was pure genius. He seriously is gonna shine heaps later.

Hakaze is so cute. Wow, I can't get enough of Miyuki Sawashiro's voice. Too good.
Next episode looks great, back to the action and the plot thickens.
Oct 26, 2012 7:57 PM

Feb 2012
@Mahiro's naked body: Woah ho ho ho./shot
Before i found out what fanservice was i'd assume this was normal and for the sake of dramatics. Now i can't stop thinking "female fanservice!"

Anyway, great back story episode. Since the moment the odd pair was introduced, i'd been curious as to how their friendship came to be. Pretty amusing how it did.

TheDrifter said:
it was a little gay, but if girls can tolerate all the fanservice for guys, then i'll do my part.
That is very noble of you, lol.
Oct 26, 2012 9:29 PM

Aug 2011
WTF? Good characterization/backstory episode gets lower approval rating than actiony episodes?

*facepalms the world*
Oct 27, 2012 12:13 AM

Feb 2012
Liked this episode~

Liked how they became friends too :D
Oct 27, 2012 1:51 AM

Sep 2008
Really nice background explanation episode.
Oct 27, 2012 2:33 AM

Oct 2012
Seeing a naked guy in an anime would be the same as seeing a naked girl in an anime. To be honest, I'm tired of seeing so much bath scenes involving a girl with barely any clothing on so this is something refreshing to me, in a way.

Somehow.
Oct 27, 2012 2:41 AM
May 2012
Shyolk said:
Seeing a naked guy in an anime would be the same as seeing a naked girl in an anime. To be honest, I'm tired of seeing so much bath scenes involving a girl with barely any clothing on so this is something refreshing to me, in a way.

Somehow.

so you prefer bathing scenes of girls with clothes on?^^
Oct 27, 2012 3:26 AM

Feb 2012
Nice episode, it was good to learn something about their pasts.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Oct 27, 2012 3:43 AM

Jul 2010
Nayrael said:
Lestat84 said:
Does anyone know if this is gonna be one of those retarded two season or short series? if it is i'm dropping it immediately. I still can't get over Guilty Crown lol.

99% of Anime these days don't last longer than two cours (~24 ep's) per season run. You may as well stop watching Anime altogether.

agree. the mentality of Lestat84 sure is need of enlightenment.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 27, 2012 3:49 AM

Oct 2012
Raphow said:
Shyolk said:

Somehow.

so you prefer bathing scenes of girls with clothes on?^^

Nope, I wasn't trying to imply anything like that.
HerohomOct 27, 2012 3:54 AM
Oct 27, 2012 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
That was nice background story.
Oct 27, 2012 5:17 AM

Jul 2011
Nice flashback. Next episode promises.

5/5
Oct 27, 2012 6:42 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, a lot of questions have been answered.
Next episode will have action and will introduce another girl (who apparently likes to eat according to the OP).
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 27, 2012 7:04 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
MasterMeNL said:
Next episode will have action and will introduce another girl (who apparently likes to eat according to the OP).

I hope she's not only going to be there for the comedy because that would suck.
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Oct 27, 2012 2:53 PM

Apr 2012
Nice with some insight in Yoshino and Mahior's backstory. I was starting to wonder just how the two of them had ended up becoming friends since Mahiro has this whole superior attitude going.

Other than that, Mahiro's body........ *drools*
Oct 27, 2012 3:21 PM

Jun 2010
MeleDeGame said:
MasterMeNL said:

I hope she's not only going to be there for the comedy because that would suck.

Um... It's a guy...
*bows and walks away awkwardly*
Oct 27, 2012 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
DraconisMarch said:
WTF? Good characterization/backstory episode gets lower approval rating than actiony episodes?

*facepalms the world*
i can guarantee you 100%, its because of the man ass, no im not making a joke i seriously think this got lower rating cause people think this is gonna be a shounen-ai

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 27, 2012 3:55 PM

Jul 2012
I have to stop getting distracted by the insanely hot main characters. u_u No but seriously, Mahiro hot dayum.

Liked the friendship story. Yoshino is pretty funny. Loved the essay presentation. :3 Great episode. 5/5
Oct 27, 2012 4:44 PM

Jun 2008

Mahiro is Hot. Hope they return to the manga plot next episode x2.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 27, 2012 9:24 PM

Aug 2012
The way they met was like fate that they would become friends :P
Hi...
Oct 28, 2012 1:50 AM

Apr 2012
Raphow said:
fanservice episode for the female audience, imo

Haha I thought the same thinking, and I was happy. Girls need their fanservice too.

Shaduge said:
too much gay fanservice, as if there wasn't enough already. I'm out of here

Now if they showed a shower scene with Aika or the princess you wouldn't complain. Instead you'd drool over the scene, but god forbid there is any fanservice for girls.

I really want to know how Mahiro's sister and Yoshin got into a relationship. I think it might be a key point to their friendship even though Mahiro was unaware of what was really going on.
Oct 28, 2012 2:02 AM

May 2012
Any clue on the voice actors who voiced young Yoshino & Mahiro?
I find young Yoshino to be cute, haha.
Would appreciate it if someone could tell me the name of their voice actors.
Thanks in advance.

Anyway, nice episode. Now we know a little bit more about their childhood times.
Oct 28, 2012 7:50 AM
Dec 2008
Great episode. It's rare to see a good backstory episode in an anime.

I'm still not sure about the story, but i like the characters so far.
Oct 28, 2012 6:29 PM

Oct 2011
What a nice backstory. Totally cranked up the bromance level quite a bit.
That ending scene was somewhat touching too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2012 12:30 AM

Jan 2011
But are they really friends? Yes, they've been tied together by fate and by their relationship with Aika, but I think they really might not be friends in the classic sense. I'm also getting the feeling that Yoshino's reasons for getting involved may be much more complex than we've been led to believe, and that we shouldn't take anything he says at face value.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 29, 2012 4:20 AM

Sep 2012
Bromance level up!!!! XD
Oct 29, 2012 10:51 AM
Oct 2012
t was a good episode explaining Yoshino and Mahiro's
Oct 29, 2012 11:22 AM

Nov 2008
It was an interesting back story, I actually thought that they were friends before the accident and all.

Anyway, it seems like they are finally are going to introduce the other characters that appear on the OP. I would like to know more about the girl that eats the buns.
Oct 30, 2012 1:49 AM
May 2007
KyousukeT said:
Any clue on the voice actors who voiced young Yoshino & Mahiro?
I find young Yoshino to be cute, haha.
Would appreciate it if someone could tell me the name of their voice actors.
Thanks in advance.

Young Mahiro is Yuuko Sanpei and young Yoshino is Houko Kuwashima.

ClementIV said:
I would like to know more about the girl that eats the buns.

Nope, that's a boy.
Oct 30, 2012 8:19 AM
Oct 2012
Shaduge said:
too much gay fanservice, as if there wasn't enough already. I'm out of here

yah cause girls totally dont watch stuff, if theres any sexulization of males then it must totally be for gays, they probably just threw in his ass because for the rest of the series their is a big breasted half naked chick as a main character
DEEEEEM!Well said.
Oct 30, 2012 4:36 PM

Jun 2009
What a beautiful episode. I loved the background story about how Yoshino and Mahiro became friends. Those two were meant to together.
^-^ We have some awesome bromance here, which is very rare in anime. I can't think of any other very good bromances in anime atm. Maybe Okazaki in Clannad with Sunohara, but other than that nothing pops up in my head.

This nice background story between these two characters really got me interested in how Mahiro will react if he finds out that Yoshino went out with his little sister and kept it a secret.
Oct 31, 2012 12:58 PM

Sep 2011
Yang94 said:
What a beautiful episode. I loved the background story about how Yoshino and Mahiro became friends. Those two were meant to together.
^-^ We have some awesome bromance here, which is very rare in anime. I can't think of any other very good bromances in anime atm. Maybe Okazaki in Clannad with Sunohara, but other than that nothing pops up in my head.

This nice background story between these two characters really got me interested in how Mahiro will react if he finds out that Yoshino went out with his little sister and kept it a secret.
I have a whole thread on the subject of bromances

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=502469

there are quite a few

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 31, 2012 11:13 PM

Oct 2009
I honestly seen nothing gay about this anime so far. If someone could point out other wise that would be great. Seeing guys shirts off doesn't count, if it did fairy tail would be gay.
Nov 1, 2012 4:04 AM

Jul 2010
That's a lot of back story. Hopefully they'll move on next episode.

Nov 1, 2012 4:07 AM

Apr 2012
I love his sister!
Dies Irae! :)
Nov 1, 2012 10:44 AM
Aug 2011
Lol you guys are fucking hilarious always throwing your shounen-ai and gay labels.

Meanwhile there's hundreds of scenes out there that involve girls showering together.
BUT THAT STUFF'S OKAY CAUSE IT'S BOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 1, 2012 6:33 PM

Jul 2012
Tony777 said:
I honestly seen nothing gay about this anime so far. If someone could point out other wise that would be great. Seeing guys shirts off doesn't count, if it did fairy tail would be gay.

+1
Nov 2, 2012 8:03 PM

Jul 2010
I say the background story was messed up on Mahiro's part, Yoshino helping and telling that esay was funny.
Pretty shocking at the begining!!
Mahiro and Yoshino were so cute when they were young!!
Nov 7, 2012 5:21 AM
May 2007
5/5 because backstory and atmosphere. A break from all the fights, I needed that.
Mahiro can't survive without Yoshino now, Yoshino proved that he is a good cook ♥

Yumekichi11 said:
While Aika in the following,

Was gorgeous, she still really was slutty in the spoiler
going on a date with Mahiro while I am pretty sure she was with Yoshino at the same time during that date.

Are you saying she has a doppelganger of herself or something? I facepalmed. That scene of her with Mahiro we've seen it before, she usually rides the bicycle with him. Yoshino and her in the preview, they were in an aquarium. And seriously something is wrong with how you take screenshots, you take every frame of a naked body whether that's a female's or male's? You analyzing anime is way too serious yet doesn't make sense.
Nov 24, 2012 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
Goof episode; love the chats the two had with Hakase^^
Seems the three are getting more close together <3
Ending of this episode made me smile(:
Jan 3, 2013 6:51 PM

Jul 2008
Now we get a peek at their inner workings and character, which is good. The cursed pair...I wonder now why such misfortune seems to fall upon both of them.

There has to be something more than just bad luck.
Jan 22, 2013 7:26 PM
Mar 2009
That was pretty good, explaining how Mahiro and Yoshino met. Lawl, weird circumstances and I guess Yoshino just stuck around.
Jan 28, 2013 4:17 PM
Mar 2010
Nice background episode, wouldn't mind a small pick up of pace though.
Mar 16, 2013 1:29 PM

Sep 2010
I can't help but appreciate how interesting the characters in this series are. Also, I can't quite figure Yoshino...but I guess that's part of the charm.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Mar 17, 2013 7:51 PM

Aug 2010
I really liked this episode. It was nice to see how Yoshino and Mahiro met.
Apr 6, 2013 2:25 AM

Sep 2011
Nice background story!
Apr 16, 2013 10:03 AM

Oct 2011
The guy tried to kill Mahiro by running him over with a bike? How stupid can one be? That's almost suicide..
Jul 16, 2013 12:23 PM

Apr 2010
Oh boy, they became friends under unusual circumstances. I still can't digest the fact that Yoshino was dating his sister and Mahiro doesn't seem to know it.

I'm interested about that scar on Mahiro's chest, I wonder if it was from the accident?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.