Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 20, 2012 10:20 PM
Nov 2010
Chimasternmay said:
hmm so Suwa also got a letter, maybe the others did too?
that would make seance for Suwa in that he has been encouraging Kakeru to go after Naho, because in the letter he would know that in one future he already got Naho. well probably not that he got Naho but that he is content and happy. so he must have been told something like now its his turn to be a good friend to Kakeru and Naho.

but yea Kakeru did Suicide, we knew it for the most part but now we got a little more information why.
yea that opening day incident must have brought about great guilt for Kakeru. i feel for him.

now i just want to know how they did the letter delivery.

good stuff can't wait for more.

also for people who like Suwa even more now. that's cool and all. But its a given already that he is a good/great guy. Hence in the future Naho ended up with him; probably even after her facing great depression over Kakeru's death, it would be right to assume that Suwa was there for her and everything so what happened in the future was good for them. But knowing he may have gotten the letter also, and as such he was doing his job well by helping Kakeru and Naho in the present despite his feelings its understandable to like him more. However it is selfish to hope he gets Suwa again in this 2nd universe/timeline that has been created. btw this just my opinion i wanted to let out.

I agree with you, Suwa is a good guy, but I can't help but wonder
if Suwa got a letter too, why did he invite Kakeru to walk home with them on the first day? I wonder if it is because even in the future he still doesn't know Naho's part of the story ??
Nov 22, 2012 1:34 PM

Dec 2008
MiSsBeatoChan said:

I agree with you, Suwa is a good guy, but I can't help but wonder
if Suwa got a letter too, why did he invite Kakeru to walk home with them on the first day? I wonder if it is because even in the future he still doesn't know Naho's part of the story ??

Maybe because they couldn't believe it at first.. they thought it was some kind of prank or something. Naho wasn't taking the letter seriously in the beginning, right? The rest of them probably thought that way too.
Nov 26, 2012 3:51 PM

Nov 2009
Ouch! That's rough, holy shit, no wonder she shouldn't have invited Kakeru... But if Kakeru finds out about those letters I really think he might commit suicide, he will find out his friends are just supporting him out of pity and probably take it the wrong way... Personally I would prefer it if this manga took an alternate reality path (sort of like in Steins;Gate)... Sorry but I'm not a huge fan of tragedy... For some reason I always root for the unrealistic ending... anyways good chapter.
Feb 19, 2013 9:20 AM

May 2011
This is just so touching ;_;. Seeing those scenes in the future and watching Kakeru talk about his regrets is just so sad. But it was nice to see some things get cleared up and get some confirmation on what really happened. :( So Kakeru's death really was a suicide and wow at that thing about his mother...

Didn't expect Suwa to have a letter as well, now it makes sense why he was supporting Naho and Kakeru that much, besides him being a nice guy of course.
Apr 24, 2013 4:02 PM

Feb 2008
I had a very fitting song for this one lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo

Suicide is painless
Aug 6, 2013 11:56 PM

Nov 2011
Oh...so it was a suicide after all. I guess I was wrong earlier about being just an accident. What a chapter. I feel really sorry for Kakeru after what he revealed about his mother. ;.;

On a brighter side, Naho and her yukata is kawaii.
Aug 7, 2013 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
Man, this chapter was just too much, first we find out that Kakeru's "accident" was actually suicide, the truth about his mom, and that Suwa has a letter as well.
This manga just surprises me at every corner...
Sep 22, 2013 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
That last part - wow, I wondered if maybe Suwa had a letter too because he seemed so mature and understanding, so it makes sense if that's what he means. But her future self did not tell her she winds up with Suwa. Maybe his future self did not tell him either and in the alternate reality this creates she is with Kakeru. I do feel bad for Suwa but it's his choice to help save his friend.
Nov 25, 2013 11:57 AM

Dec 2010
Tha chapter was probably the most dramatic one up to now. I mean what was expected of Kakeru - to live in servitude to his mother? And even the other way around is not quite acceptable, as he'd be more or less responsible if something happens to her.

Am I the only one who thinks that Suwa will still end up with Naho, one way or another? I've always thought that Suwa is just too much of a good guy, acting the way he did in the past chapters, but what if his future self is confident that he'll get Naho even if Kakeru lives or even what if he has made a gamble on this? I really can't see even the best guy in the world acting against his relationship with his most loved girl, if his luck allows him to end up with her.
MeritasNov 25, 2013 12:01 PM
May 7, 2014 5:14 PM

Aug 2013
Man, this manga is a masterpiece. I bursted into tears twice in this chapter even though I saw Kakeru's suicide coming.

But not that Suwa had anothet letter, makes sense since he's married to Naho in the future.

10/10 This needs an adaptation.
Jul 30, 2014 1:00 PM

Mar 2012
Oh my, did not expect him to be getting letters, but now that I think about it, he was trying to push Kakeru together with Naho.
Aug 11, 2014 10:07 AM

Aug 2014
Since I started reading this I had a feeling that Suwa received a letter too. I feel so bad for him :(
Aug 17, 2014 8:20 AM

Mar 2012
This is so touching... :s

So if Suwa also got a letter then I guess everyone got one besides Kakeru since the letter is supposed to advice his friends to help him.

Orulyon said:
wow, Kakeru really commited suicide. Im in shock. So instead of Kakeru is Suwa who received a letter. Well I knew someone other than Naho had one. I hope they can change Kakeru's future.

I was just like you :/ I thought he's mom was sick and I thought she had died from the sickness but it seems like she suicided which is probably the reason why Kakeru also ended up suiciding. I also hope that his future changes because if it doesn't change then I will cry :x

Orulyon said:
I think it will be now that Naho might come to develop feelings for Suwa since they must work together to save their best friend.

Yep, I guess. But there's a question here, he's probably letting Naho going out with Kakeru just because of the letter, basically to help him not to commit suicide and then Naho might end up falling in love with Kakeru instead of Suwa, like in their future.
Aug 17, 2014 3:17 PM

May 2012
What a twist! So Suwa also got a letter? Maybe they all did..
Nov 28, 2014 5:23 AM

May 2014
Whaaat?!?! He knows?!? That was so unexpected! :D Right when I thought this manga can't get any better! This is getting really interesting.

So I was right ... it was suicide.. Anyway, what did Azusa meant when she said "He saved us..."? o.O
Jan 28, 2015 9:38 AM

Aug 2013
!!
Suwa got letter too?!

Story is great! Seriously, it is getting better and better.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 25, 2015 5:38 PM

Sep 2014
Ahh! I had a feeling Suwa received a letter from his future self. The way he was acting in the previous chapters and giving his full support to Naho and Kakeru being together was kind of suspicious considering that he really likes Naho. What a bro, though.

Also, the scene where Kakeru tells Naho of his regret about his mom was absolutely heartbreaking. He's suffering and he desperately needs help. One act is not enough to save him. I'm glad that Suwa is there to help Naho out because I don't think she can do this alone.

As someone who is passionate about mental health, this manga resonates with me.

[/center]
May 22, 2015 12:50 AM

Feb 2013
Holy Shit!!!

This might be the best manga I've ever read!!!
Feb 5, 2016 8:46 PM

May 2010
Shiiit, it's 5:40 am now, but I can't sleep after reading the second volume, dayum dat cliffhanger! I wonder what Suwa's letter was like... Seeing how he was the first one to invite Kakeru to their group - did he do it despite reading the list because he thought it was just a prank? Or maybe (dark version) he didn't want to change his future with Naho but later he started feeling remorse, and completely stopped pursuing Naho? Ahhh it's so confusing T____T

I don't know what to think about his attitude, and so far he is my favourite character ;_;
Feb 16, 2016 6:31 PM

Jun 2013
If this manga could do me a favor and stop making me cry every fucking chapter, that would be great
Feb 17, 2016 12:13 AM
Apr 2012
Chimasternmay said:
yokaii said:

This "type" of manga?

This manga is very detailed with info and rich in story and character plus unique and so for it to get an anime I believe it at least need more chapter to warrant giving it seasons type anime series 13 ep in sets of however many needed or 24. It's to early to tell if I could get one I just think if done to early it would be bad.

THEY JUST ANNOUNCED THE ANIME :D
Feb 22, 2016 8:38 PM

Jan 2014
Not so unexpected, but I wonder if the story will take a less conventional road from now on. The characters are abnormally cute, so I think I'll love it in any case, but I would still want it to take a bigger step forward and be a masterpiece 🌸💜💚💖❤⭐
Apr 10, 2016 8:28 AM

Mar 2016
OH MY GOD

things just got interesting
May 19, 2016 1:11 AM

Jul 2014
Third time reading and still getting the feels, chills, and goosebumps. Such a heartwarming story... I just graduated from highschool and it's so relatable watching youthful teens grow up together and become sweethearts. <3
Jul 15, 2016 11:23 PM

Feb 2013
This chapter changes the whole fucking game.
Jul 18, 2016 3:08 AM

May 2014
Wow, so he also got a letter. That makes things a lot easier.
Jul 27, 2016 1:37 PM
Sep 2015
I knew it. Future Suwa read the letter that Kakeru wanted to join the football club, I remembered how much Suwa wanted Kakeru to join the club and thought maybe they all got letters. I'm glad I was right 😂
Aug 7, 2016 9:12 PM
Nov 2015
Whoa man, whoa. I just watched the episode and then came to the manga to compare, and Suwa's announcement still surprised me somehow xD

5/5
Feb 5, 2018 6:57 AM

Feb 2015
This is getting interesting. Suwa getting a letter would explain some of his actions in earlier chapters.
Mar 9, 2018 7:26 AM

Dec 2015
Oh wow, Suwa also got a letter??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 30, 2018 12:49 PM

Sep 2017
Seriously, Kakeru's mom went too far. Unbelievable. Kakeru, it is not your fault.

Guilt can be such a damned mistress. Too many heroes have suffered from guilt already.

And that twist at the end. Didn't see that coming.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 6, 2022 9:20 AM
May 2022
SakurasouBusters said:
If this manga could do me a favor and stop making me cry every fucking chapter, that would be great

Relatable. This chapter broke me. I read it during my LA class, and my teacher was like, "I don't want you to keep reading this book if you just feel awful every time." I am not giving up this book... but man. It is so incredibly sad... it's soooooo incredible.
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Does the anime and movie cover it all ?

xnub - Aug 13, 2023

1 by ixaa »»
Aug 14, 2023 1:08 AM

Poll: » Orange Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

12 by Frog_blue »»
Feb 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Haru-iro Astronaut Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

6 by Tsunamii_ »»
Jan 6, 2023 3:20 AM

» orange rerelease

Gieog_ - Jan 27, 2022

8 by Smashdevil »»
Jan 4, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Orange Chapter 3 Discussion

ZeroZx - Jul 8, 2012

21 by Tsunamii_ »»
Jan 1, 2023 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.