Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2012 2:02 PM

Dec 2009
Wheezles said:

The only thing that bothers me is that Suguha is in love with Kirito as well, continuing Kiritos role as a fanfic-grade wish fulfillment character.

I've kinda also changed my position on this and agree with my friend that it would have been much stronger if it was sisterly love than romantic love lol. xD
Oct 13, 2012 2:02 PM

May 2012
OMG, what was this??? Did they switch creators/writers or something, because this episode was absolutely horrible. Episode 14 was good but this...No. Hopefully episode 16 is better.
Oct 13, 2012 2:06 PM

Feb 2008
Tzao said:
OMG, what was this??? Did they switch creators/writers or something, because this episode was absolutely horrible. Episode 14 was good but this...No. Hopefully episode 16 is better.

Despite the boring and mundane manner in which episode 15 was executed, this episode is by far the better episode compared to 14. The direction, pacing, and the actually storytelling in this episode was well-thought out. 14 was absolute garbage in terms of narrative and trying to pace that crap out.
Oct 13, 2012 2:08 PM

Jan 2011
I'm gonna be mad as fuck at you novel readers for spoiling me about what happens at the end, and the shit don't get animated. I swear to god I better see this shit, cause this mofo needs to get bitchslapped.
Oct 13, 2012 2:08 PM

Mar 2012
So... does anybody that knows the LN and is familiar with the pacing have any guess as to when Kirito is going to
?
Oct 13, 2012 2:09 PM

Sep 2012
Evanjs said:
So... anybody that knows the LN and is familiar with the pacing have any idea when Kirito is going to
?

Oct 13, 2012 2:11 PM

Aug 2012
Aww yeah got some epic bro/cousin con going on.

I fucking lol'd as soon as I heard them talking about how he's not her real brother. I was like *AWWWWW yeah here we go* I really hope his siscousin pursues the relationship and we get some drama from the girls fighting over him... I doubt it though, sadly.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Oct 13, 2012 2:11 PM

Feb 2008
Evanjs said:
So... does anybody that knows the LN and is familiar with the pacing have any guess as to when Kirito is going to
?

I would say around episode

I've said it before but the way FD is written, each episode will essentially take one chapter and there are 10 or so chapters meaning this will be better thought out and paced than Aincrad.
Oct 13, 2012 2:12 PM

Oct 2011
What's her name.....Suguha?She seem like she going to be a likable character,she's certainly already more likable than Atsunda.
As for a pedo-freak,what's there to say?Pretty straight forward,he is a fucking bastard.

As for the actual episode,it's good & feels very weird to see a little real world interaction with our main character.Now,we wait to get back to the game world......next week.
And I wonder what happen to Klein (the man barely got any screentime or development in the 1st arc -_-).
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.

Apr 2012
Man this episode was BEAST! This is one of the rare occasions where I could say that some of the emotional scenes were better then the ones depicted in the LN.

Although there were a few things that bothered me, (like the pacing of the story slowing down and the feeling of isolation from society) this episode was still one of my favorite next to episode 9.

May 2012
You guys make the spoiler tags so damn obvious.

Mar 2012
jimmypod said:
Evanjs said:
So... anybody that knows the LN and is familiar with the pacing have any idea when Kirito is going to
?

Oct 13, 2012 2:13 PM

Mar 2011
Holy shit dont tell me they are still using this marriage to advance the plot. Kirito is just 16 and Asuna is 17 years old. People do not marry at such young ages. The new bad guy is a pedophile. But despite of that Asuna getting away should be no reason for Kirito get depressed to the extent he did since he is not old enough to establish a serious relationship with a woman, cutting his ties with Asuna would have been the obvious and most logical choice but of course the writer did not do that since he always loves to put melodrama in this show.

This show would have been better if Kirito had remained as a solo player, this show has the worst romance I have ever seen in an anime.

Edit: Yes beacause its totally believable to hack the record on the Citizens registration network at ten. Im ok with over the top stuff, in fact I actually like it but this reaches bullshit levels
LunaOct 14, 2012 12:43 AM
Oct 13, 2012 2:15 PM
Oct 2011
A good episode, sorta like the 1st episode to an extent. I liked the new villain and the episode as a whole, one thing that bothered me in this episode is how Kirito turned out to be Sugu's cousin, a new girl added to the harem? And..
ihateeveryone said:
This arc better be better then the first 14 episodes. It had another strong start, but look where the potential from the start of episode 1 went.
^ This
Oct 13, 2012 2:15 PM

Jan 2011
Shouldn't they be 18 and 19 now?
Oct 13, 2012 2:17 PM

Dec 2010
Raziel1991 said:
cutting his ties with Asuna would have been the obvious and most logical choice

T_T and you criticize the writing with that kind of thinking, name one freaken series, seriously name one, where the main girl is in trouble, and the dude says "This is to much of a drag, I'm out" seriously you want to criticize by all means do so, but seriously give me a freaken break.
Oct 13, 2012 2:18 PM

Dec 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Shouldn't they be 18 and 19 now?

Nah, they were 14 and 15 when they entered SAO, thus why they are 16 and 17 now
Oct 13, 2012 2:21 PM

Sep 2012
love for SAO

from ep 1 to 12 - 5/5
from ep 13-14 - 4/5
from ep 15 - 3/5

I know it can't be helped but the last 3 episodes including ep 15 felt rushed to advance to the next arc. And I'm not really feeling this love triangle that about to occur either. The biggest issue I have with ep. 15 is Asuna's fiance. Where the fck did this come from. Yea, I know its based off the LN but damn, is this what the writer could come up with?

Having that particular character show up makes things feel really forced. I can handle power of love overcoming paralysis and death in a virtual world, but I can't handle a scumbag pop out of nowhere, announces he wants to marry Asuna and starts licking and sniffing Asuna's hair and sht. It feels like two different anime and it really doesn't belong in the real world that Kirito lives in.

/end rant
Oct 13, 2012 2:22 PM

Aug 2011
Lol, I loved how they emphasized that Sugu and Kirito were cousins right before Sugu was all like "wah wah your heart belongs to her." I cringed at that awkward as fuck scene when they woke up.

And, uh, who the hell was that blonde chick that Kirito was all lovey dovey with? Oh wait - let me guess. It's Sugu. I don't understand why Asuna doesn't look angry when she looks up and sees them flying while holding hands in the OP. Jeez.

By the way ultimate d-bag Sogou is going to be my new favourite character.
Oct 13, 2012 2:24 PM

Jul 2012
The new opening and ending was BEAST. I preferred the ending more than the 1st but not sure about the opening. I feel so bad for Sugu... Hearing about how Kirito cares about Asuna so much and how she's like the 3rd wheel. I honestly think Asuna is too overrated. I think Sugu and Shino are much better. They're almost as good as Asuna, or even better. -sigh- When SAO ends (light novels), I'll have to live off with my imagination that Sugu or Shino is the wife of Kirito in the end.

Feb 2008
itsvero said:
Lol, I loved how they emphasized that Sugu and Kirito were cousins right before Sugu was all like "wah wah your heart belongs to her." I cringed at that awkward as fuck scene when they woke up.

Probably needed to re-emphasize taht Suguha was his cousin considering it's been nearly 10 episodes since the audience has been made this plot point. Plus it was also to show Kirito's obsession with computers, his intellectual prowess, and his relationship in the family. Meh.

Mar 2012
yay. Best episode yet. My opinion of sword art online just improved. I'm so glad we got to meet kirito's sister.
I cant wait for the elves
Oct 13, 2012 2:26 PM

Sep 2012
Raziel1991 said:
Kirito is just 16 and Asuna is 17 years old. People do not marry at such young ages.

Some people do marry at such a young age.

The new bad guy is a pedophile. But despite of that Asuna getting away should be no reason for Kirito get depressed to the extent he did since he is not old enough to establish a serious relationship with a woman, cutting his ties with Asuna would have been the obvious and most logical choice but of course they writer did not do that since he always loves to put melodrama in this show.

LOL, how many teenagers would let their GF marry another guy. Your "logical choice" is actually ridiculous.
LunaOct 14, 2012 12:43 AM
Oct 13, 2012 2:27 PM

Nov 2011
uh Sugou makes me puke.
Oct 13, 2012 2:33 PM

Jun 2012
elves? the hell? As a non LN reader, looking forward to how it plays out.

Also not looking forward to NTR doujins...so depressing.
Oct 13, 2012 2:39 PM

Feb 2012
Raziel1991 said:
he is not old enough to establish a serious relationship with a woman, cutting his ties with Asuna would have been the obvious and most logical choice

So one of the people I love most in the entire world is about to get RAPED!
But ehh, since I'm 16 y/o, I cannot love and establish a proper relationship, so let just cut ties with that bitch and never talk to her again.

LOGIC
Oct 13, 2012 2:40 PM

Jan 2008
Tits, that's all I had my attention on during this episode.
Oct 13, 2012 2:44 PM

Dec 2010
Paul said:

Thats says more about you than anything else lol
Oct 13, 2012 2:45 PM

Dec 2011
I already dislike Suguha... But everything is nice so far.
Oct 13, 2012 2:47 PM

Mar 2012
transcendent12 said:
elves? the hell? As a non LN reader, looking forward to how it plays out.

Also not looking forward to NTR doujins...so depressing.

With you all the way on that. Freaking hate NTR.
Oct 13, 2012 2:47 PM

Jan 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:

Thats says more about you than anything else lol

Couldn't help it, with them zooming the screen onto her chest and her inner boobs constantly being revealed.
Oct 13, 2012 2:48 PM

Feb 2012
Paul said:

If you haven't, you should read the novel because..

BIGGER BOOBS
Oct 13, 2012 2:49 PM

May 2011
Suguha finds out that she's his cousin finally and strongly hints toward a wincest relationship. Yay.

I'm not liking the new character designs for the new game. Elf ears? Really? With wings? Bleh. Ah well. So many questions asked and they have yet to be answered.
Oct 13, 2012 2:50 PM

Jul 2012
i don't like the new OP or ED songs :/

other than that i liked the episode it seemed like it was done well and i'll be extremely glad if this next arc isn't rushed like you guys say because that was one of the few things that really annoyed me about the SAO arc
Oct 13, 2012 2:51 PM

Jun 2012
My wincest senses are tingling.
Oct 13, 2012 2:53 PM

Jan 2008
Scoops said:
Paul said:

BIGGER BOOBS

/off topic.
Oct 13, 2012 2:56 PM

Dec 2010
Paul said:
Scoops said:
Paul said:

BIGGER BOOBS

/off topic.

Well about that.....The best comparison i can make so you can get an idea is

Sep 2012
ok this is getting crazy, but whats up with Asuna still be asleep. Does it have to do with the creator of SAO?
"Romance can strengthen people, but it can also make them useless."

Deishu Kaiki

Jun 2010
so kirito need to wait 2 more years to marry asuna...but a jerk stand in a way.
wouldnt it be awful for asuna to wake up as a wife for that jerk >.<
MechaMeisterOct 13, 2012 3:04 PM

Mar 2011
SetsukoHara said:
Some people do marry at such a young age.

Yes a few people do marry at such ages but those are very very few people and I doubt their relationships would be stable, but I think everyone should realize that nowadays cases like these a very rare and of course no teenager would like to see their girlfriend marrying another guy but the thing is considering the very little development romantic development between Asuna and Kirito in this anime, this whole episode feels horribly forced
LunaOct 14, 2012 12:37 AM
Oct 13, 2012 2:57 PM
Sep 2012
fezzy_2004 said:
ok this is getting crazy, but whats up with Asuna still be asleep. Does it have to do with the creator of SAO?

No, the reason Asuna and 300 other SAO players are still stuck in fulldive is revealed throughout the arc.
Oct 13, 2012 3:03 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Amazing as always. 2 simple comments from me xD
1. So Asuna got stuck to next game
2. Kill that glasses fag!!
Oct 13, 2012 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
KazukiJurai said:
My wincest senses are tingling.

wouldn't this be cousincest? lol

or maybe cousincest can be wincest as well i dunno ha
Oct 13, 2012 3:05 PM

Mar 2012
vaikepois said:
Amazing as always. 2 simple comments from me xD
1. So Asuna got stuck to next game
2. Kill that glasses fag!!

#2 all the way ^^
Oct 13, 2012 3:07 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny, I don't want to start a shitstorm but I have a question. You keep asking people why they keep watching this show, so I took a look through your list. From what I read, a low score for you compared to your ratings seems to be a 5 for Arcana Famiglia.

So, my question to you is why did you keep watching this anime when it shows that you didn't like it?
Oct 13, 2012 3:07 PM

Jul 2012
Zekken said:
ihateeveryone said:
This arc better be better then the first 14 episodes. It had another strong start, but look where the potential from the start of episode 1 went.

its not gonna start doing those awful timeskips and it wont be rushed, in fact with only 10 chapters to cover you could say it will be really, really slow paced compared to SAO where the anime ate up chapters and side stories like no tomorrow

nice sig and avatar btw, its a moment that i will never, ever forget.....

That's great to hear then, those side stories really ruined this anime for me.

And thank you. ^_~
Oct 13, 2012 3:09 PM

Jun 2011
Well, I thought Kirito would be an idiot if he DID go into another trapped world. However, after I saw that e-mail about Asuna, I think it's fairly obvious that she's been put in that world for not clearing the game. Same with all the other characters who didn't clear, well, not sure yet. Just a prediction. New OP and ED aren't bad, thankfully.
Oct 13, 2012 3:09 PM

Feb 2012

You know that you're offending young people pretty much now, right?

"How?" you may ask.

Well, you're basically saying that teenagers are retarded people that doesn't know any better, but still are fully aware of it.(However the fuck that makes sense.)

Tell me is there actually a teen who would commit suicide for her boyfriend?
Why does it matters if it were a teens or not?
LunaOct 14, 2012 12:39 AM
Oct 13, 2012 3:11 PM

Mar 2012
I really hope this new arc is better. The glasses guy is already on his way to becoming the biggest bastard in anime this year.
Oct 13, 2012 3:12 PM

Mar 2008
I really hope that this was my imagination that his sister aka cousin have romantic feelings for him.i hope they wont make that shit more awkward than it is.
Pages (16) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

71 by ItsQuintaly »»
May 5, 12:05 AM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.