Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Sep 17 - 23

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2012 6:43 AM

Dec 2011
jmal said:

We were talking about whether Yuru Yuri would get a third season at that point. I definitely don't expect to see more Achiga-hen, and much as I loved it, a switch back to Kiyosumi is probably for the best now. If Kobayashi ever makes enough progress in the manga for a sequel to be animated...

It's already been confirmed that the remaining episodes of achiga-hen will take it up to the end of the semifinals. At that point the role of achiga-hen will be complete.

The Saki manga seems to be back to the standard 2 per month again now, albeit still with short chapters. On the other hand, Achiga-hen seems to have slowed a bit from its former hectic pace.

In other news:

Akarin! =)
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 25, 2012 6:53 AM

Sep 2012
j0x said:
ye i figured it out myself after reading the above comments before my initial reply on this thread
so that means my memory of the 60K sales of Fate/Zero is in the later weeks same thing happen with Horizon in the Middle of NoWhere

For Horizon it reached 20k in later week, but what I meant to say for Fate/Zero is that it never made above 60k. The final figure is a bit over 51k.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 25, 2012 6:57 AM

Sep 2008
Progeusz said:
wishbook said:
It's not surprising seeing Fate/Zero up there. It has the best animation ever, and I mean, the best non-movie anime graphics ever existed.

It's worth spending the money for, at least for Japanese people.

I think Kuroko will reach 25k this time.
Fate/Zero's animation is fine at best. Most of the series consits of talking heads or not that great CG (Computer Graphics). Also, QUALITY everywhere, especially in Kerry vs Kirei.
Look at anything from KyoAni and you'll know what can be called the best animation ever.
You're right about F/Z graphic in most part, but I don't agree about Kirei vs Kerry have many QUALITY, I think that just composition effect from fast animation (its look weird on split second/pause etc)

Hyouka from KyoAni maybe far more deserve to called have best visual ever for TV anime just from technical viewpoint alone.

But I do love F/Z visual that seem like animated Visual Novel n the chara design is just like VN sprite even that causing the anime became talking head fiesta. As amateur I maybe enjoying F/Z graphic more than Hyouka .
Sep 25, 2012 7:19 AM

Apr 2010
Glad to see Yuru Yuri 2 exceed expectations... hopefully the same can happen to Dog Days'. Also, it seems pretty clear cut now that Sword Art Online will be the seller of the season.

Sep 25, 2012 7:23 AM

Sep 2008
Maybe SAO gonna beat IS average.
jmal said:
fertygo said:
But I do love F/Z visual that seem like animated Visual Novel n the chara design is just like VN sprite even that causing the anime became talking head fiesta. As amateur I maybe enjoying F/Z graphic more than Hyouka .

Fate/Zero and Hyouka both excel visually, but in very different ways. Hyouka's stunning background and environmental art, visually eclectic "deduction" sequences, and insane level of character model consistency are its highlights. Fate/Zero, by the nature of its story, excels (except for the CG, urgh...) in intense action sequences and special effects that really have no place in Hyouka, which is a very different story and genre.
Ufotable's CG is great, why the complain :p
But seriously I only can enjoy CG if come from them (although Gyo is pretty bad)or Sunrise, or some third-party like Orange.

And CG usage in F/Z not just for object, they use it for dynamic camera effect, background etc, the aspect that people liking about F/Z visual.

Ufotable love and excel in those digital aspect. But for traditional animation, Hyouka and KyoAni is a lot more stellar.
Sep 25, 2012 7:24 AM

Sep 2010
Just waiting for the announcement of Kuroko no Basketball season 2 any day now.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 25, 2012 7:35 AM

Apr 2010
As expected, Fate/Zero wins with great sales.
Sep 25, 2012 7:40 AM

Nov 2008
the way i c it *1, 7,654 *,**7,654 Kuroko no Basket vol.3
will definitely have a second season
Sep 25, 2012 7:46 AM

Aug 2011
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH Fate/Zero
Sep 25, 2012 7:58 AM

Sep 2012
fertygo said:
Maybe SAO gonna beat IS average.[

IS sales is at the high end of the range of sales estimates made by fans in 2ch for SAO although most guesses fall within the range of 25k to 35k.

There is one key factor that goes against SAO beating IS average though:
That SAO is a 2 cour anime and IS is just 1 cour long. Given sales almost always trend downward through the length of the series. The average of a 2 cour anime will necessarily be dragged down by this downward trend. And this puts the sales average of a 2-cour anime at a comparative disadvantage against a 1-cour anime.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 25, 2012 8:13 AM

Sep 2009
I feel bad for JinTai. It deserves much better sales. But overall I'm happy. Hope to see more Horizon. Really.
Nachtwandler_21Sep 25, 2012 8:34 AM
Sep 25, 2012 8:36 AM
Feb 2012
Horizon all the way, baby.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 25, 2012 8:53 AM

Feb 2012
Yuru Yuri and Horizon, FUCK YEA!

Horizon will definitely get a season 3. Yuru Yuri should get one as well since sales are good.

I'm just glad Yuru Yuri sales exceeded the 4-5k expectations!

NEED MORE CHITOSE IN SEASON 3!
Sep 25, 2012 8:55 AM

May 2009
Jintai close to 5k; YuruYuri 2 close to 8k. I hope these numbers don't drop of too far for the next volumes, as these shows were awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2012 9:32 AM

Jul 2010
Sep 25, 2012 11:02 AM

Jul 2008
So can I assume that Binbougami ga! sold less than 2k if it didn't rank this week? D:
Sep 25, 2012 11:09 AM

Apr 2010
shuffleair said:
So can I assume that Binbougami ga! sold less than 2k if it didn't rank this week? D:

Yep. It was projected at about 1300 sales on BD.

Sep 25, 2012 11:15 AM

May 2009
glad to see Horizon selling so well, I can see season 3 on its way ~w~
Sep 25, 2012 11:26 AM

Feb 2010
fate zero ranked first.
i was expecting this much
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Sep 25, 2012 11:52 AM

Mar 2010
RyanSaotome said:
shuffleair said:

disgusting
Sep 25, 2012 12:01 PM

Apr 2010
Vylash said:
RyanSaotome said:
shuffleair said:

disgusting

Not even Sunrise cared much about it. It got little to no budget, and absolutely no marketing. All of their focus was on Horizon and Accel World.

Sep 25, 2012 12:41 PM

Jun 2012
motto Jintai motto! Deserves more, I hope week 2 stays somewhat strong to make up for possible supply shortage. HS DxD season 2 was great news for me, second season of Jintai would be awesome.
<3 Watashi
Sep 25, 2012 2:38 PM

Feb 2010
Fate/Zero I BD Box didnt sell almost 50k ?
Sep 25, 2012 3:03 PM

Feb 2010
jmal said:
JoaoZangetsu said:
Fate/Zero I BD Box didnt sell almost 50k ?

Seeing lots of questions regarding F/Z's exact sales progression, so here's a week by week rundown:

Week 01: 42,690
Week 02: *4,933
Week 03: no rank
Week 04: no rank
Week 05: **,415 (*2,165 cumulative total over weeks 3-5)
Week 06: **,315
Week 07: no rank
Week 08: no rank
Week 09: no rank
Week 10: no rank
Week 11: **,241 (**,763 cumulative total over weeks 7-11)

1H 2011: **,473

Total: 51,339

Explanation:
There were some weeks where it was outside of the Top 50 data we see ("no rank"), but made it into the top 51-100, and so was still counted by Oricon (but not reported in the sources we have). When it would rank again in the Top 50 some weeks later, a cumulative total would also be included to allow us to fill in the blanks, hence the "cumulative" numbers in parentheses.

The 1H 2011 is the additional copies added by its cumulative total in the Oricon BD ranking for the first half of 2011.

Its strange because the reports on first week was like 49k,other people that i know remembered that too,but in the current reports is like 42k...very confunsing.
Sep 25, 2012 3:23 PM

Feb 2010
fertygo said:
Maybe SAO gonna beat IS average.
jmal said:
fertygo said:

Fate/Zero and Hyouka both excel visually, but in very different ways. Hyouka's stunning background and environmental art, visually eclectic "deduction" sequences, and insane level of character model consistency are its highlights. Fate/Zero, by the nature of its story, excels (except for the CG, urgh...) in intense action sequences and special effects that really have no place in Hyouka, which is a very different story and genre.
Ufotable's CG is great, why the complain :p
But seriously I only can enjoy CG if come from them (although Gyo is pretty bad)or Sunrise, or some third-party like Orange.

And CG usage in F/Z not just for object, they use it for dynamic camera effect, background etc, the aspect that people liking about F/Z visual.

Ufotable love and excel in those digital aspect. But for traditional animation, Hyouka and KyoAni is a lot more stellar.

Yep,the digital animation of Ufotable is like top tier,the berserker visual was made with 3DCG but his motion with key animation(if the booklet is right),very apropriated for his feature on the novel.
They did a wonderful visual work with openings for games like BRS,F/SN realta nua and the recent pv of Tales of Xillia 2,but they're amateurs in the TV series business,so they got a lot of time constraints doing F/Z,wich explains some derp faces on the key animation.
but yes,they major point is digital work and photography (amazing scenarios) and others elements too.
sorry for my english and for the wall text. hehe
Sep 25, 2012 5:35 PM

Jul 2010
meh, nice to see Kuroko and Jinrui.
Sep 25, 2012 5:47 PM

Apr 2011
Kiraly said:
Does this mean we'll see Heaven's Feel animated?

And Kuroko is doing awesome, as usual.

Hope so!
Sep 25, 2012 6:46 PM

Jul 2012
saki, jintai = cool
Sep 25, 2012 7:29 PM

Mar 2010
RyanSaotome said:
Vylash said:
RyanSaotome said:
shuffleair said:

disgusting

Not even Sunrise cared much about it. It got little to no budget, and absolutely no marketing. All of their focus was on Horizon and Accel World.
Down with Sunrise!
Sep 27, 2012 2:02 AM

Jun 2010
Just wanna ask if there is any way, I can check the sales of other volumes apart from the 1st one?
Sep 27, 2012 3:27 AM

Nov 2007
King_Zero said:
Just wanna ask if there is any way, I can check the sales of other volumes apart from the 1st one?

You can check this forum thread (Anime Sales in Japan - 2012) for BD+DVD sales and averages in Japan. This is in English.

If you want a closer look at sales for each volume, then the BD/DVD Sales Wiki is helpful. It's in Japanese only though. Not sure, if there's any English equivalent for this...
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
1 hour ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
5 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.