Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 8, 2014 5:03 AM

Aug 2008
I find Touma so annoying. Don't know if I can take him for the duration of the series. Like, I'm not a fan of moe. I don't like lolis, and i STILL think he's more annoying than Index and that teacher loli. Why is Touma so stupid??? *headdesk*
Jun 23, 2014 7:54 AM

Jan 2013
So Necessarius aren't bad,but they aren't good too,i understand that they need to delete her memories in order to save her but....doing all that?Sure Touma is right,there must be something behind all this,because if it was so simple they could just clear her memories and explain him what is happening and everything would be ok,but no they attacked him,tried to kill him twice so Touma is doing a good job in protecting Index,he is her real friend!
Hope Touma can save her.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 23, 2014 11:10 AM

Aug 2009
AivanK said:
So Necessarius aren't bad,but they aren't good too,i understand that they need to delete her memories in order to save her but....doing all that?Sure Touma is right,there must be something behind all this,because if it was so simple they could just clear her memories and explain him what is happening and everything would be ok,but no they attacked him,tried to kill him twice so Touma is doing a good job in protecting Index,he is her real friend!
Hope Touma can save her.
Kanzaki didnt ry to kill him.No matter who the opponent is she will never kill.That is the meaning of her magic name.

And well their actions are justified.
Jul 22, 2014 5:26 PM

Aug 2013
That ending was really cheesy x)
''Stop hurting Touma!''
I don't get it, why are they acting like they know each since years ago? They barely met 2 days ago. I understand that he don't want her to get harm, but the way they are talking, it's like if they were inseparable friends... Did I miss something?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 5, 2014 9:37 AM

Jan 2012
this shit was as boring as the first time i saw it years ago....

i think i dropped it after EP 3 though

gonna tough it out and watch the whole thing this time around b/c there's not much else to watch

shit sucks so far though...

really hoping that Index would have the same attitude as BokuTomo's Maria

but nope.. she's dead as a fish getting fucked in this series

:sadface:
Oct 15, 2014 5:04 PM

Sep 2014
This woman is spouting nonsense. Why the fuck does Mr Protagonist believe any of the shit she says?

Why the fuck would that red head guy say he was going to torture the priest girl if he wasn't trying to extract information from her?

This guy's so gullible
Nov 25, 2014 3:07 AM

Aug 2014
I don't know if I can believe in their history about delete her memory every year time...
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jun 12, 2015 1:02 AM

Sep 2012
Good episode
Nov 24, 2015 3:15 PM
Feb 2015
This plot is weird
Dec 24, 2015 4:29 AM

Mar 2015
Too much talk but good in its own way. The plot deepens. What I'm most interested in is plot rather than action.

It's such a pain that Index forget every year.
Jan 20, 2016 1:32 PM

Aug 2013
OMG I can't even pay attention to the subtitles whenever Kaori shows up...
What's the point of all this? // There's no point. I'm doing it because I can. That's all there is to it. // What will be left behind after this? // Nothing at all. She'll die and I'll burn out. The end. That's all. (Requiem for the Phantom)
Feb 20, 2016 12:51 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm.... I just realized we don't have OP song, or is there something wrong with my rip?

Anyway, so those 2 guys are her friends... and there's lots of explanation about her memories.

Jul 29, 2016 5:03 AM

Dec 2013
A lot of stuff got explained in this episode which was fairly interesting. It sucks to be Index.
Sep 6, 2016 9:35 PM
Sep 2015
"Styl is the real victim here! Do you know how much it hurt him when he literally tried to burn you alive? Over and over again? How can you not feel sorry for him after that?"
Nov 15, 2016 1:07 PM
Aug 2013
I hope this plot gets better, these villains think are actually "good", but they almost killed her, they make her life a living hell where she runs for her life because they are tired of her forgetting about them, a random guy gets involved the first thing they do is try to kill him just because said random guy wanted to protect her, instead they could have just kidnapped the little shit and erased her memories instead.
Dec 2, 2016 2:21 PM

Jun 2013
I do feel bad for Index, but it's too early for this show to be asking for sympathy in such a dramatic way. I'm talking about the scene at the empty crossroads with Kanzaki. This especially after such a goofy and catchy opening episode.

Well, Kanzaki and Style are at least morally ambiguous characters, so it could be worse. And I want to know how Index and Touma get out of this situation.
Sep 29, 2017 3:13 AM

Nov 2016
The fight against Kanzaki looked pretty cool and it turned out that she and Magnus are Index allies, already thought so after their dilaogue in the previous episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 8, 2017 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
Somehow this show doesn't click with me at all. I don't even get what everybody's point is tbh, so their plan is to erase her memory over and over again? Sounds legit.
Jan 29, 2018 11:53 AM

Oct 2013
Ok, this is the one problem I have with TOMNI's story.
Stiyl is a friend of Index? RIIIIIGHT. The guy STOMPED ON HER FACE a few episodes ago.
I get it's common for anime to be inconsistent with "misunderstood" characters that are portrayed as evil and then turn face to become allies, but this is too much of a BS.

Everyone complains about Touma running for so long in this episode, but that's mere time dilation. Every single anime does it. Captain Tsubasa had people taking two full episodes to run from midfield to the opponent's goal in a soccer match. It's because you are watching a scene that is 5 minutes long but is representing actually a couple seconds of action.

The true error is is Stiyl's inconsistent behaviour.
ShendueJan 29, 2018 12:39 PM
Nov 28, 2018 2:38 PM

Jun 2012
Touma just sounded very annoying in this episode.
Cause it sounded like he was arguing against saving Index's life. It made no sense.
Jan 12, 2019 4:26 AM

May 2013
lol dramatic episode

A little cheesy at times. I cringed when Kamijo got all into his spiel, wondering why Kaori and Style would do such a thing as erasing Index's memories and playing bad cop and hurting her ^^" a little much, hahhah oh wells.

Still a good anime.
Jan 17, 2019 6:29 PM

Aug 2017
Kaori beat Touma pretty badly lol.

So, she and Stiyl are Index's friends. And they need to delete her memories in order to save her....I have my suspicions.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 19, 2019 9:10 AM
Jan 2018
So far the side characters are more interesting then the mc
Feb 29, 2020 2:50 AM

Aug 2018
Just what these mages want anyway.. Protect girl, this woman mage says?.. Why her partner was so bloodthirsty with Touma then?.. Different types of personalities in the group or something?.. Well, still a mystery, what they wanna, really..
So mages' goal is to erase Index' memories regularly, besides those about books, so that her brain doesn't explode?.. Why these memories about books should be held by one person anyway.. Well, guess, for reasons..
Em.. Despite that woman's rage, and fair point that it was hard for themselves as well.. Mages still need to explain to Index about the thing that they have to erase her memories from time to time.. Yeah, maybe it's not that best life to get person who gets amnesia once a year.. Still it's better if they be in peace together, rather than they act as her enemies.. It just doesn't make sense, why they didn't just tell her about that.. Either something is missing, or they were affected that much by her forgetting?.. Which still is strange..
Well.. I hope they'll at least have a talk in the end about all these memory erasing.. And if Index will have her memories erased, I hope that she won't be enemies with mages in her next year.. Because it doesn't really make any sense at all for them to be enemies.. Well, will see, how it goes..
May 26, 2020 2:34 PM

Nov 2018
Such an overused and boring speech from cliche main protagonist.Wasting the entire episode on this cliche shounen dialogue...
Please, don't disappoint me like that.I have just started liking the anime and now this episode happens and I already want to drop it.
ZevvenMay 26, 2020 2:37 PM
I hate everyone equally
Jul 1, 2020 11:43 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
She rly showed him wo is boss xD

Jun 22, 2021 11:21 PM

Apr 2020
It's still doesn't make sense for them to act so evil
Jul 18, 2021 8:30 PM

Mar 2016
Even after Kaori's emotional breakdown, still not 100% buying that kaori and Stiyl are Index's dear friends - at least not Stiyl. The way he behaved when he was introduced, thinking nothing about killing Touma there and then. Then also at the end of this episode, his demeanor is completely that of a hunter who has cornered their prey, not a dear friend who is asking her to come with them to perform a process that prevents her from dying.
Apr 22, 2022 5:29 AM
Oct 2019
Damn.. Kanzaki was hot...

oh shit so they erase Index Memories every year??? wtf
Aug 30, 2022 1:25 AM
Mar 2021
very slow pacing.
Jan 8, 2023 11:26 AM

Feb 2017
feel like these 10+ year old subs i'm watching are not very clear. had to go back and rewatch basically the whole scene of toma and kanzaki talking despite how damn boring it was to get through the first time. don't know why BD subs get rid of the op and ed otherwise i'd watch those and probably be less confused. seems like they basically have to erase index's memories, i guess those 15% of her memories, in order for her not to die? because her brain will get overwhelmed since she remembers literally everything. i guess? not sure i understand why kanzaki and stiyl are playing up this villain act though. index doesn't remember anything anyways so can't they just keep reintroducing themselves as her allies?

placeholder text
Feb 24, 2023 8:13 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
TsundereRic said:
Touma's speeches keep reminding me of Shirou for some reason.... oh well

Yeah, and as interesting as this episode was, that’s something that really, really annoyed me. Because like Shirou, Touma is also an ultra goody two shoes and as much as I understand wanting to protect people, it was that aspect in general that really turned me off about him, because it really comes across as being very corny!
Cosplay_JoeFeb 25, 2023 3:37 AM
Mar 8, 2023 1:29 PM
Aug 2021
Muito foda a Kaori, primeira personagem que fala a verdade pro touma sobre a Index e a Igreja Ortodoxa, mas acho que eles ainda estão escondendo algo a mais.
gutu64Mar 8, 2023 1:35 PM
Oct 10, 2023 2:25 PM

Jul 2014
"I've been friends with her forever and always will be."

Touma, you've only known Index for, what, 2 days, maybe even less? So what the hell are you talking about?
Nov 3, 2023 9:57 AM
May 2020
looks like smoke will be dished at home
Nov 16, 2023 12:28 PM

Jun 2020
So everyone is stupid.Amazing.
Like am I not understanding something or why Kaori and the other guy didint explain Index from the start?If they are good friends like they should be there when she lost her memory 1 year ago why not explain what happens to her and explain that she gonna die? Am I really not getting something or what?

Touma is another stupid person like she gona die i and you know her for 2 days.2 DAYS.
Lastly how tf teacher carried him
Nov 20, 2023 2:46 PM

Nov 2023
I like this episode a lot. Also, Stiyl, or whatever his name is, is finally defeated!
11 hours ago
Jan 2023
Now that was a fight, just lovely. Too bad Touma got injured to the point of collapse.

Seems we learn the truth about Index, and why she's being pursued. It is to have her memories erased so her brain doesn't get overloaded.

The preview here is pretty intriguing, next time should be pretty interesting it seems.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

200 by whitebeartigtig »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2008

151 by whitebeartigtig »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

angel999 - Oct 18, 2008

159 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 2:30 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Oct 11, 2008

204 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 2:01 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 4, 2008

230 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 1:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.