Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 19, 2013 1:45 AM

Oct 2008
it's crap in basically every way, but it manages to be entertaining and not THAT grating
Jun 30, 2013 11:25 AM

Jun 2012
I was like..
"OMFG They're almost kissing I swear the god if anyone shows up and interrupt- "
*people showing up*
".... .-. Fuck this bullshit " * throws ipad away*

D:
Anywaysss I give a 7/10 since the story was meh for me and because of the thing I said before uwu . But it was still entertaining and fun so yeah.
Jul 6, 2013 6:56 PM

Oct 2009
Season 2 please, don't tease us like this!
Jul 11, 2013 5:54 AM

Sep 2011
What the fuck is wrong japanese people, why are they so afraid to show us a fucking kiss? Is it like the biggest taboo over there? Even in anime which is part romance they often leave us hanging. I really can't fathom why is that. We all know they love each other, then why can't they just show a little bit more affection ;_;
Anyway, great ending, though like I said earlier I hoped that at least one main character would die so this wouldn't be unrealistic as a war anime. Oh well, it was still nice.
Viper's son should have been killed right there :/ I didn't like Juubei laying on Saru to warm him up, though I guess it was necessary :S
I'm happy this wasn't fully concluded and we got to see a big hint for a second season, but I guess it won't be happening anytime soon :/

The anime overall was great. It's funny how this wasn't even a harem as people would think in the end. There were like what, 2 or maybe 3 people who actually felt more than respect towards Saru. The others, like I said, were all more like feelings (respect) towards a family member and partner.
I liked all the historical aspects and how accurate it was most of the time (even Nobuna's armor as I heard), but I'm also happy that they changed things here and there so that Nobuna wouldn't end up a "monster". I've looked up a lot of things about the real Nobunaga while watching, so it did its job of making me interested in how things went down in that era. So of course the story was awesome.
The characters were pretty much all good, especially Nobuna herself (Itou Kanae as her seiyuu was a huge bonus), she was a great main character. Her design was also wonderful, she was of course my favorite. Saru was also a great lead, I'm happy he didn't turn out to be a usual useless character. Also, about his past, I'm sad that we didn't learn anything about how he ended up in this era. But at the same time I'm kind of happy we didn't, I often felt like it wasn't really necessary.
My favorite secondary character was Bontenmaru. She was like, fucking awesome, they really should have showed us her more. If they ever make a second season I sure fucking hope she is gonna be more of a main character. I mean looking back at the very first episode she also appeared as a daimyo in one of the scenes with a map where they showed Yoshimoto, Nobuna, the red-haired woman from the ending (the hint for the 2nd season), and Bontenmaru was the first who appeared there in a samurai-like armor. I really hope this means that she might become a main character later.
The OST was great (the same person who made the OST for Naruto and others as well). The OP was not bad and the ED was okay, but the background music was always amazing, especially two track (though they were also a bit overused).
The art was of course beautiful, noting wrong there. Like I said, the character designs were great.

While the anime was almost always great, it also had some boring parts and some undeveloped characters (wouldn't have been better with more episodes), so the maximum I can give it is an 8/10. But it certainly deserves that score, this is a very underrated anime imo.
I hope that they will make a 2nd season in the future, though unfortunately, I doubt it. But we can still hope :)
Jul 21, 2013 3:36 AM

Apr 2013
Is there gonna be a second season? Hope so!
This anime was very entertaining.. Indeed not like the other usual boring harem anime, this one had a solid main plot and the soundtrack was great; same style as Naruto and Fairy Tail.

9/10
Jul 26, 2013 12:27 AM

Nov 2012
This series was awesome I think there will be a S2 because they introduced a new character at the end, which means that the creators are either hoping or already planning to make S2.
Aug 1, 2013 1:11 PM
May 2013
I wasn't how I expected, I wanted to be more serious since it's a historical anime... and really what was the chance that most of important characters were loli and tsundere.

Shirubaasouru said:
iPhone's the real protagonist of this series.

Imagine what if instead of an IPhone was an Nokia.
Aug 3, 2013 1:34 PM

May 2010
Wew. That was a nice ride. Whatever happen to that daimyo of echizen guy though?
They had to end it showing Shingen Takeda like that, now I want season 2.

Aug 25, 2013 9:01 AM

Jun 2011
Well that went better than expected. Oda Nobuna no Yabou really surprised me because I went into it expecting an average harem comedy and got a good story with likeable characters. If the ending scene is any hint, this is probably getting a second season.
Sep 1, 2013 11:57 PM

Jun 2011
Baka baka shi, too ridiculous. I hated the characterizations, nice concept (historical + gender bender) but poor excution. Bad drama, bad romance, mediocre comedy (if there is any), great art, bad characters, decent voice acting, awesome loli(s), nice action..

gettogaara said:
I'm really not seeing what you guys saw in this series. I was ready to drop it by episode 4 but since I was 1/3 of the way through already, I decided to finish it and hoped it would improve.

The story is rushed, predictable and they faked a death four different times. I already posted how I felt about the two leads in the episode 4 discussion but Monkey just acted extremely unrealistic for someone who was pulled from the future. It also irritated me a great deal how he got bumped up to general just like that(Could be because I just finished Kingdom though). Nobuna, I wouldn't follow around the corner let alone to war. I understand that they wanted to show her as vulnerable but she was so over the top emotional it was hard to care. Other than Mitsuhide, the rest of the characters were either bland or generic. There's more Lolis than any other anime I've seen(which I guess might be a plus for some of you but it got in the way of the atmosphere for me) Also, despite being comedy it rarely made me laugh since it mostly surrounded the abuse of the mc. A good OP and art, can't do all the work.

First half 4/10
Second half 6/10
Series 5/10

I am glad that I wasn't the only one who dislike this show. Although I know what's good about this show, but it wasn't well executed, a show should not be praised with it's concept alone.
ToG25thBaamSep 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 2, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2013
whew I was expecting a typical romcom/harem anime and was seriously blown away by what I got instead... I suppose some people will hate this series because of lolis (and that it's obviously geared towards male audiences) but for me this series have everything from comedy, action, romance, as well as beautiful artwork. I wished they made 24-26 eps though since the story can be expanded and there are a lot more to tell.. oh well I just have to wait for season 2.

10/10
Sep 8, 2013 11:57 AM
Nov 2011
better be a second series or shit will go down, cause I'm sick of anime i like not getting second series, an the ending is so open to them e.g kaze no stigma, and btooom both good in my opinion and seems unlikely they are gonna have another series due to bad sales, sh*t pisses me off
Sep 26, 2013 1:13 AM

Aug 2013
I've had this on my to-watch list for quite a while and just kept putting it off since I thought it'd be just one of those fanservice loli-harem types. Oh my, was I wrong xD

Well from the story description alone, I knew this wasn't going to be historically accurate so I just went in expecting to be entertained. Fortunately, the show delivered. Good art, voice acting was topnotch and the story had actual bits of seriousness in it to balance it out.

Here's to hoping for S2. Bring on the Takeda and Uesugi!

9/10
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 25, 2013 9:04 AM
Apr 2013
i love this anime i will gv 10/10 for this .. i really hoped this anime have S2
Oct 28, 2013 9:38 PM

May 2013
Pretty awesome Ending, are they saying that there will be a second season
because they were like saying this is not yet over there are alot of enemies
and Nobuna shouldn't kiss the Monkey at the first Season
Oct 30, 2013 6:07 AM

Jan 2013
Well an awesome anime but unless it gets a S2 I wont rate it 10.

This episode was interesting, the phone saved her twice. And well yeah he is alive and was hugged by a beauty :D.
Jan 9, 2014 5:18 PM

Apr 2012
7/10

but i'll give it a 8/10 since i enjoyed it

historical anime mixed in with some counter-factuals, fantasy, and lots of fun

Jan 19, 2014 2:43 PM

Dec 2009
It was a good ending, 7/10 :)
Jan 20, 2014 12:40 AM

Jan 2010
This was supposed to be trash show. Why the hell did I enjoy it so much
Jan 20, 2014 12:43 AM

Sep 2013
Shocked said:

Lol yeah exactly my thoughts on it when I watched it. It surpassed all my expectations, and because of that it was a blast to watch through.
Jan 20, 2014 12:46 AM

Jan 2010
cupc said:
Shocked said:

Lol yeah exactly my thoughts on it when I watched it. It surpassed all my expectations, and because of that it was a blast to watch through.

Yeah, that was surprisingly fun and got me to look up names and battles. Great stuff. Also, I just realized that my grammar died while typing out my previous post. This show surprised me that much.
Jan 28, 2014 3:35 AM

Mar 2008
Highly enjoyable for what could easily have been another awful schlock harem.

I think it was the brisk pacing that kept it from falling into any unsalvageable potholes, but I suppose it's only fair to presume that the source material had some well worked content.
Feb 28, 2014 4:10 PM

May 2013
Lack of a kiss really put me off, but this series was pretty good overall. My favorite character would have to be the tactician. A solid 8/pushing for 9.
Jun 1, 2014 7:39 AM
Nov 2010
Shocked said:

Yeah I like it even though it's pretty bad. Wouldn't say trash but it's not good at all, but it's the only anime so far that I've been able to marathon in a day nonstop.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Jun 9, 2014 1:27 AM

Sep 2010
blazehero said:
Which speaking of, there probably will be a second season with that cliffhanger of an ending. Who is that red haired lady!

Don't know if someone answered you but she Shingen Takeda
Jun 15, 2014 2:54 PM

Sep 2012
i hope to see season 2 of this :)

they better make S2 :)
Sugram22Jun 15, 2014 2:57 PM
Jun 16, 2014 4:00 AM

Aug 2009
Damn it...With all those changes I was hoping to see Yoshiharu manly punching Yoshikage but no....
His role was totally pointless.HE should have been the main villain not that coward Konoe(not that Yoshikage is a man among men but anyway).

Nice Shingen cameo at the end...too bad that we wont get a sequel.

As an adaptation it had a lot of problems but as a standalone it was great up till Hisahide( anime version) appeared.AFter that it was really rushed, basically a recap of the events in the novel.
Jun 19, 2014 10:35 PM

Mar 2012
What's most remarkable about this show is how completely off i was at guessing how this anime was gonna turn out..definately not what i was expecting when i stumbled upon this one. Really enjoyed it, and hoping for a second season, if there is to be another season.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jun 20, 2014 6:31 PM
May 2014
well i watched this over 3 times and cant get old of it. just sitting here waiting for season 2 and t explain who the last female character with the red hair is. and i wonder what saru's future will be like since he altenated so many events.
Jun 20, 2014 9:34 PM

Aug 2009
SKYflare said:
well i watched this over 3 times and cant get old of it. just sitting here waiting for season 2 and t explain who the last female character with the red hair is. and i wonder what saru's future will be like since he altenated so many events.
It's Takeda Shingen with Sengoku era's strongest cavalry.

Saru will return to the future and realize that he is Nobuna's and his descendant.
Jun 24, 2014 12:09 AM

Jun 2014
Is the likelihood of season 2 gone now?

Jun 26, 2014 8:13 PM

Apr 2014
The hope is always there. I'd like to think that when it passes the amount of time from when Mushishi got a sequel (roughly eight years) then it might be time to give up hope.
Jun 27, 2014 5:25 PM

Jun 2014
You're not even guaranteed the same voice actors after that length of time. They should host a jump start. The show was too good to have this little exposure.

Jun 27, 2014 5:32 PM

Aug 2009
Xari said:
You're not even guaranteed the same voice actors after that length of time.
Look at the Fate/ series or NGE.

The only reason for a change in japanese voice actors is some scandal, retirement or death or the series just being TOO old.

Nobuna has none of these as far as I know.

Only dubs are stupid enough to change voice actors for no real reason(Fate/ series....that irony...).
Jun 27, 2014 11:23 PM
Jun 2014
[quote=ssjokg]
Xari said:

The only reason for a change in japanese voice actors is some scandal, retirement or death or the series just being TOO old.

Only dubs are stupid enough to change voice actors for no real reason(Fate/ series....that irony...).
ssjokg said:
Xari said:
You're not even guaranteed the same voice actors after that length of time.

Still sad it might not get a second season.
Jul 11, 2014 3:45 AM

Aug 2013
Almost two years and still no second season :( It was cruel to tease Shingen Takeda then just leave it like that.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 1, 2014 1:39 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely ending in general I must say! Quite a decent anime I must say, I wasn't a too huge fan at first but it wasn't all too bad in the end! All in all a pretty good anime!
Aug 21, 2014 3:50 PM

Dec 2013
So good. The harem life. Except its not full harem. Lucky monkey. 5/5. Overall 9/10. Such good ending.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Dec 14, 2014 6:30 PM
Jan 2013
The English Dub using the line 'You dam dirty ape' got me good
Jan 13, 2015 5:37 AM
Sep 2013
Yo, That phone is it made by nokia?
Jan 18, 2015 9:54 AM

Nov 2012
Aetherald said:
Yo, That phone is it made by nokia?

Hah, exactly my thoughts.

That was a very enjoyable show with lots of emotions, I don't get why people rate it so low. For me it's 9/10.
Mar 21, 2015 2:53 PM
Mar 2015
What do you think? Will be a second season?
Mar 28, 2015 5:59 PM
Mar 2015
i think they release the bluray version in december 2014 and something like one of the voice actress was there during the presentation, but no announcement for a second season.. but there's still hope!
Apr 28, 2015 2:12 AM

Sep 2012
they better make second season, or they will be cursed, they will lose all, they end up in street & their family abandons them to save their own skin, they do that to avoid ending up in the street as well, in the end they are Drunk Hermits ho live on the street, time limit is 12.1.2020, if they haven't completed it by then the curse will take effect
May 29, 2015 5:01 PM
Sep 2014
Yukinoin said:
pretty damn good show, a bit cheesy at times, but really entertaining and not a retarded harem. 8/10

Ei, dont talk shit about brainless harem shows. They are amazing.

I wanted to give this anime 10/10 because it was damn good. Great story, great characters, amazing soundtrack and even better art and animation. But since show ended with cliffhanger and they never continued it i just cant.
I hope manga is finished.
Jun 11, 2015 7:13 PM

Jun 2015
and almost 3 years..
Jul 27, 2015 12:53 PM

Apr 2014
The second time that I watch this series...still good as it use to.
Love all the characters, but that annoying guy (Yoshikage).
9/10 time to read the light novel!
Oct 9, 2015 7:49 AM

Nov 2013
No kissu for you! What a tease.
Nov 4, 2015 6:56 AM
Dec 2009
Happy ending for everyone I guess! I'm not really sure what I expected from the ending but it felt kind of sudden. My enjoyment of the show came and went throughout the series but I would recommend it to anyone who like historical series. I want to brush up on Japanese history now!
Nov 8, 2015 2:45 PM

Apr 2014
Again rewatching this series and it was no longer the same as it is again after I read the novel.
They change a lot of thing that are going on...oh well it is still good, but would have been good if they follow the novel.
Will never get a second season They mess up the plot already so no hope of getting a second season lol.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

118 by BensonOtaku »»
Apr 10, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

119 by Apratim »»
Jun 17, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2012

126 by Roch2001 »»
Apr 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2012

85 by Nagachi-Chan »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:39 AM

» where is season 2 ??? ( 1 2 3 )

Californiaa - Aug 13, 2013

121 by Sillmeria »»
Sep 29, 2022 11:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.