Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2012 4:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Final season 2 episode of Phi Brain! It was nice to see Kaito pull his signature Einstein expression for possibly the final time :'). Time to go through the withdrawal symptoms XD.

That was an interesting maze style puzzle where Kaito and Freecell had to figure out where each other were and had the potential to go on forever LOL. Thankfully, Kaito figured out the solution quickly with lots of the "KAIIIIITOOO!" bystander shouting as usual :P.

Yeah!!! Freecell is finally healed with a bit of motherly (still find this amusing XD) love from Nonoha and getting to solve his mother's necklace puzzle with Kaito :). I would have liked to see Freecell and Rook exchange words at some point and maybe have a puzzle duel over their love for Kaito XD but we can't have it all ;).

I LOL'd at Hoist's barely cameo appearance this episode :P. So what exactly was the deal with his character?

Hahaha, Nonoha lecturing Kaito on the importance of keeping promises XD. Well to be fair the whole of this season could have been avoided if Kaito just kept his promise to play with Freecell in the first place but then we wouldn't have had season 2 of Phi Brain ;).

Wait...what's this piece of good news?

THAT'S RIGHT! 3RD SEASON OF PHI BRAIN CONFIRMED FOR 2013! That means we only have to suffer Phi Brain withdrawal symptoms together until next year guys! :D:D:D (Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-09-23/phi-brain-anime-gets-3rd-series-in-2013).
jenanimeSep 23, 2012 5:15 AM
Sep 23, 2012 9:05 AM

Nov 2007
The two's quotes in one ep.!!

Chasing game? And they both used the power of bracelet!! They are having time in their own world (like the art in OP). It was Childhood girl who saved him, who saved Freecell. With everyone including those friends who caught up watching them.

Finally, Kaito needed to solve pendant together. Wow, that ball has the art of the mother and him, which shows motherly love.

Even though Freecell and the group are back, they have to get the fake bracelets back and continuing with the trip with Gusha's puzzle!

Yay for more Phi Brain!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 23, 2012 5:33 PM
Jul 2011
I have a feeling the 3rd season is related somewhat to Hoist.

Hoist's cameo appearance there at the end shows that.

Also about Hoist, I have a hunch that Hoist is the father of Freecell.

If you recall the previous episode he was gloating about how he and Solitea/Solitaire were trying to create the ultimate human -> Freecell.

And that's exactly why I think he is Freecell's father.
Sep 24, 2012 12:38 AM

Feb 2011
kerespup said:

If you recall the previous episode he was gloating about how he and Solitea/Solitaire were trying to create the ultimate human -> Freecell.

Yea! dat ending scene of Hoist.
Sep 24, 2012 2:42 AM

Jan 2011
It's just a good nothing special long running series. One of those shows you just like to watch week to week. It's hard to explain. Basically not a ton of focus and emotion go into watching it which a series like this since the plot and twists are very simple which is nice to have in the line up.

The best part of S2. Easy. NONOHA HAVING HER HAIR DOWN! So glad that wasn't just an OP tease!

Be back for S3.
Sep 24, 2012 3:08 AM

Feb 2011
Ok, is it finally over? Well it wasn't that bad. I did enjoy a bit of it. Puzzles are interesting. Orphenus order or something is better than the original P.O.G. ark from the 1st season in my opinion. So... nice Phibrain... I'll give it a 7/10. Not bad for this kind of anime.
And yea!! for 3rd Season of Phi brain... I will still continue to watch it... (-.-)
KoyoNEETSep 24, 2012 3:13 AM
【=◈︿◈=】セックス大好き... What can I say? 【=◈︿◈=】
Sep 24, 2012 3:54 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I'm really shocked and surprised when I say this but Freecell became one of my fav chars ever! And only in the process of the last 3 episodes! I am really, really surprised with this fact but I can't help but like him. Throughout the series he was shown as one psycho with mama/Kaito complex for basically no sane reason except his obsession with the promise. But in these last 3 epis... He shown a totally dif side of him. He really had a bad mental state but with a good reason and he used Kaito as a scapegoat for his current state. Sure, he took it too far but dunno, it seemed kinda realistic towards the end that having lost his split personality mother and getting a twisted mind himself, he hanged on the last thing he had, his promise with Kaito and made everything circle around it to protect himself while he was sinking in his mind. I'm pretty sure, there are some ppl out there with such a mental state as him (proly not able to pull such crap as him though >_>).

I also really loved the ending. The "super special awesome puzzle time" wasn't actually the real solution. Sure, they played, sure Kaito won in the end but it wasn't what Freecell needed. I liked how they had this calm scene with Kaito helping him and Freecell finally realizing his time is moving on. It was kind of sweet gotta say.

As an overall.... it's a mediocre series. I raised the score from 5 to 6 only for the epis and I wish I oculd give it more for those epis but I can't ignore 22 epis of facepalming. But since I consider this a better season than the first, I lowered first to a 5 xD

Even though, I don't rly understand how it's getting a 3rd season, then again, I do like watching it. It's bad but it's the kind of bad and ridiculousness you don't mind watching xD And it rly surprised me in the end<3 So it's not real surprise. I'll keep watching but I doubt I'll like it more than this season (huge plus that Freecell was voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi, my most fav seiyou of all). I just really hope, he won't return in the third season like Rook being all two goody shoes and stuff ~.~
Sep 24, 2012 5:38 AM

Feb 2011
Bad ending to a shockingly bad show.
Freecell's final puzzle was better than Rook's, but that's not saying much, as he only did some platformer-gaming.

Like the first season was for 2011, the second one is one of the worst shows of 2012. But compared to the first season, this one was even WAY worse.
It should be illegal to produce shows this terrible.

Oh and thanks for Season 3, really. I should consider hiring a professional assassin to prevent that from happening.

2/10
Sep 24, 2012 6:46 AM
Aug 2012
i dont know how the fk there will be a season 3

new antagonist : ABC guys , childhood friend with kaito , kaito promised something and went away

hoist made something like orpheus order MK-II , hired that 3rd childhood friend to beat kaito in a puzzle blah blah blah , we will get orpheus neckle , orpheus earrings , orpheus hat , orpheus shoes , orpheus teeth on season 3 and the boss wears a full set of them
Sep 24, 2012 7:04 AM

Dec 2011
This show gets a third season? Seriously. I came this far, so why not watch the third season as well?

On to the episode, they finally fulfilled the promise that's been twisted.
I really hate how the puzzle is too simple, but it still works.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2012 8:03 AM
Oct 2011
bachou said:
i dont know how the fk there will be a season 3

new antagonist : ABC guys , childhood friend with kaito , kaito promised something and went away

hoist made something like orpheus order MK-II , hired that 3rd childhood friend to beat kaito in a puzzle blah blah blah , we will get orpheus neckle , orpheus earrings , orpheus hat , orpheus shoes , orpheus teeth on season 3 and the boss wears a full set of them

As much as I thought you were insulting the series, I laughed at your comments because yeah, season 3 might very well be just that. ;P

I thought the ending was much better than how it had played for the first season. The series still remains as not exactly a great show, but neither is it that horrible. Teases like showing an angry Hoist and the mention of the existence of more rings out there, is really spilling out the beans that the audience will be getting more phi brain.

I just hope it isn't another problem childhood friend with an absurd reasoning (since this weird claim was only cleared sane much much later in the series). I mean, seriously, how will you react when your promise to play with someone killed his mother because you don't fulfil it? And for like 10+ episodes, Kaito was feelin' guilty that he killed her -.- seriously?

A better plot would be nice, Sunrise!!! Will watch season 3 for the sake of watching, and since I've come all this way (even though i had expected it to permanently end in season 1)
ChioneDyrkenSep 24, 2012 8:11 AM

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Sep 24, 2012 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
bachou said:
we will get orpheus neckle , orpheus earrings , orpheus hat , orpheus shoes , orpheus teeth on season 3 and the boss wears a full set of them

The Orpheus Order fashion collection...coming soon to a store near you XD.
Sep 24, 2012 9:21 AM
May 2012
jenanime said:
THAT'S RIGHT! 3RD SEASON OF PHI BRAIN CONFIRMED FOR 2013! That means we only have to suffer Phi Brain withdrawal symptoms together until next year guys! :D:D:D (Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-09-23/phi-brain-anime-gets-3rd-series-in-2013).

Great, now the show is still ON? I thought this is already over but... great.

kerespup said:

Whistl, Hoist @ whoever the name is,

Let's pray that this could happen in the 3rd season next spring. But THANK GOD that the 'war' against Orpheous Order is finally over.

PS - Daimon Kaito's VA was the same guy who did Takumu in recent Accel World.
JafriZinSep 24, 2012 9:43 AM
Sep 24, 2012 9:56 AM

Sep 2009
The final puzzle was better than the season 1 finale's puzzle, but the finale itself was poor.

Ther 3rd season will be or about Hoist or they will solve Fool's Puzzle and destroy the replica rings across the world (at least, that's what they have hinted in the season 2 finale).
Sep 24, 2012 10:53 AM

Mar 2012
I really wanted to see more of Jin but he never appeared once in the second season so I hope he will be in more in the third season and maybe know something about Hoist? :D
Sep 24, 2012 11:35 AM
Jan 2011
Ok, so that ends season 2, I have a feeling that we'll be seeing more of Hoist in season 3.
Sep 24, 2012 1:49 PM

Dec 2008
The end was nice. Typical Phi Brain. Starts off good, middle becomes silly, ends on good note.

Also...if next season has some bleach haired mentally problematic kid who wants to have babies with Kaito...We're going to have a problem. If S3 adds more romance, it'd be nice. And removes the bleach haired problem children.
Sep 24, 2012 8:22 PM
May 2012
Great, now we never know what really happened to Melancholy despite what happened in EP23.
Sep 25, 2012 7:27 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
JeffreyZin said:
Great, now we never know what really happened to Melancholy despite what happened in EP23.

I like to be positive! Maybe she died :D
Sep 25, 2012 8:13 AM

May 2008
Lovely ending ;u; Can't wait for season 3!

..and alll of Kaito's blushing from that text from Rook. Boyfrans.

Sep 25, 2012 9:36 AM

Jun 2011
IZEROII said:

The best part of S2. Easy. NONOHA HAVING HER HAIR DOWN! So glad that wasn't just an OP tease!

Be back for S3.

This
Sep 25, 2012 5:55 PM

Jun 2010
Awesome season and don't worry, I'll definitely be working on puzzles, especially the Phi Brain Kizuna no puzzle game. I will conquer that game with no knowledge of the Japanese language. XD

Sep 26, 2012 9:44 AM

Jan 2011
Great ep! Luckily the Puzzle of God that Freecell made wasn't intended to choose the Phi Brain as expected. Kaito finally fulfilled his promise with Freecell and solved that baseball memento puzzle which I found a bit strange cos Freecell couldn't even solve it with his ring.

S3 announced! Though I wonder what sort of screwed up antagonist will come out this time...
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 26, 2012 11:06 AM
May 2012
Maffy said:
I like to be positive! Maybe she died :D

Or maybe she's dissappeared for NO apparent reason.
Sep 26, 2012 2:48 PM

Oct 2010
Well i liked 1st season more. Freecell is just a Rook knock off even the same color hair. I bet if Rook had his hair down he would look like Freecell. I admit the puzzles was better in the second season.

Only likable people was Gammon and Rook this season. I only liked Nonoha when she had her hair down thats the only time she not nagging. Ana i dont know what that thing is and Cubic is a stalker.

6/10

Hopefully in season 3 Kaito and Rook team up a lot more.
Sep 27, 2012 2:50 PM

Mar 2009
Another season ends, and I am somehow still drawn to this anime. I've yet to figure out if Phi Brain is supposed to be a parody, or just a very cheesy show meant for kids.
That being said, at least we got to see Nonoha's hair down. Final villain anyone?

Seriously, though, I'm pissed off that Gammon was pushed to the side this season. Nonoha barely had much of a role as well, despite letting her hair down, which was GLORIOUS.

Anyway, I'll be here for season 3(I'm surprised it got another, honestly). I look forward to Kaito taking his relationship with puzzles to the next level, if you catch my drift. ;)
Puzzle Time might just begin for real.
Sep 27, 2012 6:54 PM

Feb 2012
So Gaimon can sense a puzzle's feelings now too? I thought Kaito was the only one who could do that... Although i guess it would make sense, with him being a solver and giver.
I also wonder how they can see Kaito's glowing eye when they're all the way up there, and bother to scream at him when he clearly can't hear them. .___. Okay, it's Anime, i shouldn't question it, but all the drama is ruined from their over dramatic actions.

Anyway, it was actually a very touching ending. Better than the first in my opinion. It would have been great had Freecell not been an annoying little prick for the past 20 episodes. At least his closure was nice. The very end was full of corn though.

And as always, Host is a pointless character here. I'm guessing he's going to be the big bad guy next season.
VyudaliSep 27, 2012 7:07 PM
Sep 28, 2012 6:06 PM

Nov 2007
wait this somehow got a 3rd season? I mean it's not the worst show ever, but there is easily better anime that should get new seasons.

I didn't think that puzzle was very interesting to be honest. Didn't like how Gammon and the rest were useless background characters, but I guess puzzles didn't leave much room for others. Pinochle was the only one who seemed a lot different after losing the ring.
Sep 30, 2012 6:42 PM

Aug 2011
XD Jikukawa's apple juice came out of his head lol. The most noticeable thing for me this episode.

It was really heartwarming, not a bad ending to the series. I wonder how they get funding to make all these seasons. I mean, I'd rather have other anime, but whatever, it's not like I hate Phi Brain.

Just... no more repetitive story lines please.

I wonder how many more childhood friends Kaito's forgotten/not saved with the power of puzzles? Find out season 3. Or maybe we'll get Hoist as the villain. That'd be cool.
Oct 4, 2012 3:23 PM

Aug 2011
This show is too much Fuwa Fuwa...
Oct 12, 2012 2:18 AM

Jan 2011
Nonoha with her hair down has the power to save both Kaito and Freecell. Please don't make us wait until the last two episodes next season to see her that way. While I'm on my wish list, how about having some development for Elena and Gammon too, while we're at it...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 9, 2012 10:28 PM

May 2010
Kuchenlight said:
Bad ending to a shockingly bad show.
Freecell's final puzzle was better than Rook's, but that's not saying much, as he only did some platformer-gaming.

Like the first season was for 2011, the second one is one of the worst shows of 2012. But compared to the first season, this one was even WAY worse.
It should be illegal to produce shows this terrible.

Oh and thanks for Season 3, really. I should consider hiring a professional assassin to prevent that from happening.

2/10

You could alwyas, you know, just not watch it. If it's really a 2/10 as you say, then clearly it is pointless to keep watching it.
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 17, 2012 7:58 PM

Nov 2011
Kaito said:
Puzzles are fun because they end

I lol'd @ the ending. They stole his tagline XD

Overall, a fine series this time around. I didn't like Season 1 much but this sequel has improved imo thanks to the Orpheus Order.

6/10 overall. Looking forward to watching Season 3 soon.
Dec 11, 2012 7:45 PM

Jun 2012
I was thinking of possible topics for the third season and I remembered Rook. Maybe I let it slip but the Rook never said because of being watched all the time by those strange people.
somebody knows why he is watched as a kid?

well, I also thought that the hoist is very mysterious and Jin Makata or maybe a new character...
Dec 14, 2012 11:14 AM
May 2007
Kaito said:
Puzzles are fun because they end

I'm touched, even Kaito believes in that. I've never tracked how long it takes me to finish watching one series, I started watching this 2nd season around May and finished it today. That explains how much I loved it honestly. The tag puzzle was the most awesome final puzzle ever made, I even liked it more than Rook's. That's why my most favorite scene from the OP is the same tag game between Kaito and Freecell, I've never skipped that ♥ Kaito blushing to Rook's text message, I fangirled!! So unfair not to see Rook's blushy face as well. And Jikukawa-senpai does magic, I've always wondered from where he gets that many apple juice supply!
Dec 25, 2012 1:13 PM

May 2007
I just finished season 2 of Phi Brain and I thoroughly enjoyed more so than the first season because of all the characters including the new ones like Freecell and his gang, I would love to see them again in season 3 and I bet they do but probably only appear in a few episodes like Rook and Bishop did in season 2 but I'm glad Elena's role in the series is growing more significant, I would like to see even more of her in season 3.

The end credits pretty much confirm that there would be more Phi Brain next year, which has been officially announced. I'll be waiting for Puzzle Time to start again! :lol:

The OP song for season 2 is probably one of the best OPs for this year, a very addictive song. :D

My rating for Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle Season 2 is 8.5/10, I just hope Season 3 continues to bring out the charm in this series because that's what kept me watching this.
Apr 27, 2013 5:49 PM

Apr 2010
o man! the final scene of kaitou, freecell, and nonoha...so touching!!! I hope therez a freecell X nonoha thing next season ;p
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Sep 12, 2013 3:32 PM

May 2013
Can't wait for the third season.
Jun 8, 2014 4:29 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending I must say, quite liked the overall ending development, what I disliked about this second season though is the too many repetitive puzzles but well the characters and ending sure were lovely! Let's see what the last season has to offer us though!
Oct 12, 2014 11:38 PM
Nov 2010
It was a fine anime with interesting puzzles, but I won't be watching more of it. Even the puzzles are starting to feel repetitive, to be honest.
Apr 10, 2015 10:16 PM

Jul 2012
i really liked the sliding box game in the middle of the season. felt rlly cool

overall, average. its always the climax/finales that are super week while the middle is pretty decent tbh

next season here we gooo

More topics from this board

» why is this so unpopular?

Neostorm-X - Aug 1, 2021

4 by Veronicz »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 1 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 8, 2012

42 by Teleportalfuture »»
Aug 11, 2020 5:06 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 15, 2012

16 by removed-user »»
Mar 10, 2017 10:29 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2012

13 by The_Badguy »»
Jul 8, 2016 2:40 AM

» Creepy antagonists

Saber_fang - Jun 23, 2015

0 by Saber_fang »»
Jun 23, 2015 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.