Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 7, 2019 10:17 AM

Jul 2016
Boring episode..
Oct 5, 2019 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
Damn it, I was WAITING for the cameraman to say, "I GOT ONIZUKA JUMPING OUT OF THE BUILDING WITH THE GIRL ON TAPE." WHY wasn't that a part of the plot? That was golden material the manga/anime neglected to use. The camera was rolling the entire time and they caught Onizuka doing everything on tape -- NOT making something like that happen is like a cinematic sin. I almost feel as if it was somewhat implied in the episode too -- like Onizuka's actions would turn out to have been filmed.
Oct 5, 2019 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Anywho, I'm a bit shocked by everyone's criticism. I don't think it was a horrible episode/arc at all. I don't think it was TOO action packed and yet neither was it TOO uneventful, as people are accusing it of being. Maybe it was a bit of a stretch for him to jump out of an exploding building with a girl (who everyone here is deeming stupid/idiotic, which I sorta agree with) ------- but remember, he also dove off of a bridge with a girl strapped to his bike, simulating a suicide.

I don't know. Thinking back, it wasn't the best arc, but it wasn't bad in my opinion. Just similar to the other episodes that make up a majority of this franchise. It's aight. 3 to 4 out of 5 on the poll scale.

Definitely lacked the comedic elements I favor, though.

==========

My final thought: I'm coming to the conclusion that this anime is primarily about kids who hate their teachers on account of traumatic past experiences with them. But all these ignorant children are failing to realize: that doesn't mean ALL teachers are like that.

I understand past traumatic experiences can cause future psychological distress/phobias... but realistically, I wouldn't assume that because my teacher had an affair with someone, that every single teacher is capable of committing adulteries and abandoning their students. The same goes for the blonde-haired chick from the previous arc... her role model teacher/mother-figure freaked out on her during class ... yeah, that's very traumatic ... but someone with that kind of IQ should realize not all teachers are like that.

And the students in the female teacher's class (that called her a pig/bitch) are ignorant as well. She's obviously not encouraging the treatment she receives from the boys. I mean don't even get me started on that. That was unrealistic and cruel... a razor blade in the test papers... seriously? If you don't like the guys hitting on the teacher so much, then take the initiative and allure the boys yourself.

So yeah... a lot of these kids are dumb. But overall the episode wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
Feb 19, 2020 1:30 AM

Jul 2013
One thing I don't disagree with Hitomi is hating her slut teacher. We may not know her side of the story but it seems with the general consensus, she ran away with a married man, fucking slut. I don't like this arc.
Apr 15, 2020 7:59 PM

Oct 2013
Onizuka saved the day once again (and returned the faith in teachers into one student's heart), this time in the most spectacular way up until now, because it included explosion of a quite big building and escaping from it while the bombs were exploding. :P
May 16, 2020 4:22 PM

Mar 2019
Do all students want to kill themselves in this anime ? Good thing Onizuka is alwways here
I wish my school blew up
Nov 15, 2020 7:21 AM
Apr 2018
I've been putting a few months between each episode of Onizuka..may the classics live on somewhere forever
Mar 3, 2021 9:12 PM

Aug 2018
Stupid girl, she should have listened to Onizuka...

Mar 11, 2021 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
That whole arc was boring and has really ruined my motivation to continue.
Mar 31, 2021 3:14 PM

Jun 2015
The theme seems about cherishing memories of the past while moving foward, which had already been explored better in the 1st episode. Worst episode so far.
Dec 12, 2021 3:56 AM

Apr 2013
So the girl thought the team would stop the detonation... without even knowing she is there? I mean she should've at least informed them first lol
Jan 14, 2022 9:54 AM
May 2021
ROFLMAO!

Yo, he's superhuman as fuck.
He throws a small piano organ out the window and leaps after it, from the same window essentially flying through the air, while holding Hinoko.
It's moments like these that I love anime.
Jan 24, 2022 11:47 AM

Jan 2018
Students tend to have sentimental value attached to their schools especially after graduating. Even if they wanted their school to blow up while they were still attending it. Recently I went back to my old primary school cos there was a festival. It was worse than when I was a student there so all I did was fool around with my nephew and niece who currently study there. Even then it was still a surreal experience to see my old school ground and classrooms after all these years. Seeing that same school blow up for a shitty action flick would feel devastating so I can kind of relate to Hinoko even though I recognize what she did was utterly foolish and I would never imitate her. Probably.
Feb 5, 2022 4:54 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That"s a pretty conservative kid if I've ever seen one.
Mar 9, 2022 2:38 PM
May 2020
At this point onizuka should act as a professional "saver of life" after school
Aug 12, 2022 8:19 AM
Dec 2020
Man, Onizuka was fuckin awesome at the end. Pretty solid episode, especially at the end.
Oct 21, 2022 1:33 PM

Jan 2010
The hardest lesson in this episode is that teachers are still human, and are fully capable of making mistakes. It's a tough episode to write, where the moral is essentially "don't take it personally." Teachers can feel a parent to some students, so if the teacher does something wrong, it can feel like a personal betrayal. At the same time, there's still that barrier between teacher and student, where there's still a level of respect and acknowledgement for a teacher's position needed for a classroom to function. However, it still requires the simultaneous understanding that teachers aren't perfect. Teachers can mean different things to different teachers, and teachers can range from saints to scumbags. It's a wonder how the modern education system hasn't imploded on itself.
Nov 11, 2022 5:47 PM
May 2020
Why did he force his students to come with him anyway?
Jul 5, 2023 5:09 AM
May 2021
onizuka clutches again
Aug 16, 2023 3:50 PM

May 2022
man, great episode, Onizuka with that gold, strong heart of his teaching Hitomi about the importance of people being human and how precious memories are and how they will never disappear no matter what. W Onizuka. ending theme also so good man, gets me every time
Aug 24, 2023 10:28 PM
May 2018
I normally like the miracles of Onizuka, but I thought him giving in to that girl's insistence on saving the organ was stupid as hell.
Jan 20, 3:47 PM

Jun 2021
looool, before Gintama and the Nabe Shogun there was GTO and the breakfast battle for the better food between Murai and Onizuka, and the latter won by playing dirty like Kagura did years after.

Ok, even during a weaker arc there was a sweet moment when Fuyutsuki ended her speech and Hitomi started crying. Too bad she didn't save the harmonium when there was actual time to do it and almost passed away in a dumb way and risking to bring more people with her. Oh well, next episode is more interesting to rewatch.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 24, 2008

88 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 2, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 23, 2008

85 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 2, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 23, 2008

86 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 30, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notestinet - Aug 25, 2008

302 by CoreFinder »»
Apr 27, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 28, 2008

96 by CoreFinder »»
Apr 25, 1:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.