Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2012 2:02 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So it seems we´ll have a Kaname x Yuuki end.

Zero, the underdog till the very end. poor guy. I actually hated this chapter (Why didnt i drop this?...)

It seems Zero is okay with being forever friends with Yuuki. Yuuki told Zero "I belong to Kaname".

Okay....

LOLOLOLOL

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 22, 2012 7:16 PM

Oct 2008
I feel sick to my stomach... Yuuki... with Kaname? After all of this?
I suffered through the wretched Yume moments for nothing? Zero gets nothing?
Honestly, I wish I never started reading the manga or watched the anime. Then I wouldn't be all upset about a character I empathize with. And since it's fiction I can't do a thing to change it.
What the &*^$ do people see in Kaname? Ya know what, nevermind. I don't even want to know how anyone can like him.
*goes in a corner and whimpers*
Sep 23, 2012 12:51 PM

Jun 2008
Arurie said:
Honestly, I wish I never started reading the manga or watched the anime. Then I wouldn't be all upset about a character I empathize with. And since it's fiction I can't do a thing to change it.
What the &*^$ do people see in Kaname? Ya know what, nevermind. I don't even want to know how anyone can like him.

I feel the same. To be more specific the only reason I kept reading this boring manga was only because of Zero. Its frustrating.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 23, 2012 2:29 PM
Aug 2009
You people are disgusting. Just drop the series now and spare the people who actually enjoy the story from your unwarranted character bashing.

Nothing in the chapter indicated a Yuuki x Kaname end. It just reinforced that Yuuki and Zero won't end up together, either. But Vampire Knight was described as a tragic romance from the very first volume so most legitimate fans have already been emotionally prepared for years for the fact that no one will end up together in the end.
Sep 23, 2012 2:32 PM

Sep 2011
hey remember when this series had good suspense and interesting plot points? yah where has that been these past 3 years.

oh and the kaname x yuuki reinforcement just made this already terrible series even worse, only reason im still sticking around is the possibility that kaname will die, to see such a horrible written, downright evil character go down woudl easily make me give this an extra point, but seeing how downright retardedly written this series has become i can only imagine that they will paint kaname as a hero and make zero a "bad guy" in the end

Jaymie said:

Nothing in the chapter indicated a Yuuki x Kaname end. It just reinforced that Yuuki and Zero won't end up together, either. But Vampire Knight was described as a tragic romance from the very first volume so legitimate fans have already been emotionally prepared for years for the fact that no one will end up together in the end.
well these legitimate fans are expecting WAAAAAAAY to much from a series that disappoints at every turn, i really cant see this series trying to pull off a emotional enduring ending like that especially with the writing of recent

also about your statement that the people complaining are disgusting, i dont know what is more disgusting, people getting so worked up over a stupid ship or someone trying to defend this peice of shit, hint hint, its the ladder
JizzyHitlerSep 23, 2012 2:41 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 23, 2012 5:06 PM

May 2010
Orulyon said:
Arurie said:

I feel the same. To be more specific the only reason I kept reading this boring manga was only because of Zero. Its frustrating.

Same here. :I

I read VK for Zero & Yuuki x Zero.
I thought when Yuuki cut off her hair and finally when't back to her old self she would be together with Zero again, but now... I just want to cry.
I feel sorry for Zero.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 23, 2012 5:37 PM
Aug 2012
i was expecting a better chapter.....i love kaname however evil he might look because an obvious manga is redicilous ,and yuki: i belong to kaname say it all
Sep 23, 2012 6:31 PM

Nov 2007
Wow @ Color page!

Those vampires who survived supporting Yuuki for chasing Kaname, even Zero. lol @ Kaito, and more @ chairman.

Yuuki told Zero she cannot be with him at her house, and she's just following the fate? Zero still cherishes the meeting with her, so he's going with her.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 23, 2012 7:48 PM

Oct 2008
Aww, I'm glad I'm not the only one who kept reading this for Zero. ;w;
I give up on Zeki... it would be nice, but... Yuuki does not even deserve him.
She was a cool character once, but she threw it all away to be an obedient little pureblood for a guy she's "fated to be with." Gag.
My only solace is that it is finally ending... so we can all get some closure and leave this crap behind forever.
Hopefully Zero will be happy and Kaname will die. As for Yuuki... I don't even care at this point.

@DJIzzy: Yes I do remember when the manga was good. Those were the days, huh. : (
Sep 23, 2012 8:06 PM

Jul 2010
I feel so bad for Zero. T_T He's been suffering the entire series, at this point I just hope he doesn't get killed off in the end. :(
Sep 24, 2012 1:06 AM

Aug 2010
at least we know now that Ruka isn't dead i was wondering about what happened to her since ch84....
but i we still don't see Shiki and Rima after they went to the Vampire Hunter Association >.> ...

anyway i was happy when Yuuki said they can't be together so i can have him for me :q
but she really is an idiot for still wanting to be with Kaname after she knew what he had done o.o...
Sep 24, 2012 2:56 AM
Jul 2018
I hope Zero and Yuuki end up together,Kaname is getting kinda annoying.
Sep 24, 2012 5:01 AM

Mar 2009
Well, my take on this is:
Yes, she said she belonged to Kaname.
And that she couldn't live with Zero.
However, She didn't say she loved Kaname or didn't love Zero.
Also Zero himself made a good point.
He said that it seemed like everything since they met was a set up, which it was. Therefore their feelings for each-other might not have been real, and in him saying that, I see it as meaning that he thinks theirs still a chance for them. If their feelings before weren't real, but the product of their situations and such, than knowing that, they may very well fall in love again or more deeply, or for real this time (However you want to look at it).
Also, Yuuki didn't shoot him down. She could have dismissed that statement right away but I think it made her think.

I agree with DJIzzyIzzyHitler
Sep 24, 2012 5:19 AM

Dec 2008
Yuuki is STILL declaring that she belongs to Kaname? After all that's just happened? She is such a royal flibbertigibbet!
Sep 24, 2012 9:10 AM
Dec 2009
Yuuki is such a #@$#...why is she still saying she "belong to kaname"...I dunno what Hino's thinking...this story is at its climax of being worst
Sep 24, 2012 9:25 AM
Sep 2012
I'm a long time Yuuki and Zero shipper and I LOVED it. Yuuki's got blind devotion to Kaname, and Kaname's approval might be just what she needs to be with Zero <3

First I was like, "No, no no no, nonononono......" when she said she belonged to Kaname and then Zero, right or wrong, opened up Yuuki's closed mind to them having a relationship.

Is it possible that Kaname wanted to enjoy Yuuki for a little while, do his little murder spree mission thingy, and then leave Yuuki and Zero together to live happily ever after.....? That's what I thought of when Zero suggested their feelings for each other were orchestrated....

But I think Matsuri Hino intentionally wants us all to hate Kaname at this point and Yuuki will eventually mature and realize that just because Kaname did all that nice stuff for her and flattered her all the time, it doesn't matter if he's a horrible person....
Sep 24, 2012 10:42 AM
Sep 2012
There's no words to even explain how much this manga is going downhill! The only reason why I am still reading this manga is because of Zero. Out of all characters in this series, I sympathized him the most! And I'll still continue to read it for the sake of him, I don't care anymore if he can't get Yuki, all I want now is for him to get his revenge and live! At first I am all for Zeki, but when Yuki left him I came to the conclusion that Zero deserves someone who's WAY BETTER than that Yuki. Then she came back again to the Academy and I was considerate and thought "You know what? Why not. I am going for Zeki again!" But no...she just had to say this, "I belong to Kaname." Wow...seriously, Yuki?...you came back, join the academy, reconcile your relationship with Zero, somewhat made him feel like there is possible "chance" between you guys, then horribly told him off like that? Pfft, PUH-LEASE...now that you guys are alone in a house together, don't worry, Yuki...Zero knows his place...Zero is not that type to hit on you, okay? So don't freak out so much, girl! -.-

Seriously, Matsuri Hino needs to create a HOT VAMPIRE HUNTRESS character for Zero or something (LOL) and also for the "fans THAT-KNOWS-ZERO-DESERVES-BETTER"...
RantingPrincessSep 24, 2012 10:47 AM
Sep 24, 2012 1:08 PM

Aug 2011
Yuuki made a point of referencing Kaito's words before she said anything to Zero about her relationships for a reason. Kaito said that "they" would never be compatible with purebloods, in lifespan or strength. Yuuki basically agrees with this by saying even though Kaito already said this, she's going to clarify things as well. She didn't "choose" anyone, IMO. She can't live with Zero because she'll never die and she's afraid of being alone; she "belongs to/with Kaname" because he's the same species and shares the lifespan. And the reason she gave for being with Kaname earlier this arc: "Is it wrong? To want someone by my side because I don't want to be alone?"

Hino also made a point of paralleling Juuri & Haruka with Yuuki & Zero in this chapter. Not only is this the couple we've been shown repeatedly as being "truly in love," but Yuuki was also starstruck by their love story and wanted a love like that herself. So paralleling the Haruka/Juuri umbrella story with Zeki this chapter made it pretty obvious to me where the LT is going. Anyone that disagrees is entitled to, but I loved this chapter and I'm looking forward to the angst. ^^

Umbrella Scene Parallel Images by ImaginaryLights @ Tumblr
underthesameskySep 24, 2012 1:18 PM
Sep 24, 2012 1:14 PM

Jun 2008
Jaymie said:
You people are disgusting. Just drop the series now and spare the people who actually enjoy the story from your unwarranted character bashing.

Nothing in the chapter indicated a Yuuki x Kaname end. It just reinforced that Yuuki and Zero won't end up together, either. But Vampire Knight was described as a tragic romance from the very first volume so most legitimate fans have already been emotionally prepared for years for the fact that no one will end up together in the end.

We didnt offend Kaname, the person above me said hinted she didnt like him, and as for myself I dont feel absolutely nothing for Kaname, Yuuki annoys me the most (my apologies to her lovers, but this is all a matter of opinions). If giving an opinion without being rude is disgusting than spare us with your comment about OUR comments. Dont like it? Dont read.
Now if you want to share your opinion with respect and be respected in return dont go offending people. Come back when you want to discuss your opinions in a civilized way, Ill be here.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 24, 2012 1:44 PM

Aug 2011
You have got to be kidding me. *rips chunks of hair out*

Okay, does anyone have any idea when this might get wrapped up? If Zero gets cut out of the picture, I'm going to run, screaming out of this fandom like a distressed whale. VK as a whole is just driving me crazy.

Sticking around hoping that things are going to get better, but at this point...

Sep 24, 2012 2:39 PM
Sep 2012
underthesamesky said:
Yuuki made a point of referencing Kaito's words before she said anything to Zero about her relationships for a reason. Kaito said that "they" would never be compatible with purebloods, in lifespan or strength. Yuuki basically agrees with this by saying even though Kaito already said this, she's going to clarify things as well. She didn't "choose" anyone, IMO. She can't live with Zero because she'll never die and she's afraid of being alone; she "belongs to/with Kaname" because he's the same species and shares the lifespan. And the reason she gave for being with Kaname earlier this arc: "Is it wrong? To want someone by my side because I don't want to be alone?"

Hino also made a point of paralleling Juuri & Haruka with Yuuki & Zero in this chapter. Not only is this the couple we've been shown repeatedly as being "truly in love," but Yuuki was also starstruck by their love story and wanted a love like that herself. So paralleling the Haruka/Juuri umbrella story with Zeki this chapter made it pretty obvious to me where the LT is going. Anyone that disagrees is entitled to, but I loved this chapter and I'm looking forward to the angst. ^^

Wow! Good observation there! I didn't realize that at all. I guess there is still hope for the Zeki fans after all.
Sep 24, 2012 3:14 PM

Aug 2011
Itami-chan said:
Okay, does anyone have any idea when this might get wrapped up? If Zero gets cut out of the picture, I'm going to run, screaming out of this fandom like a distressed whale. VK as a whole is just driving me crazy.

Second arc is supposed to be longer than the first. The rumour is it will end at 100 chapters, but in order to be longer than the first arc it would have to be a minimum of 11 volumes (which would be 105 chapters).

And I doubt Zero will get cut out of the picture, as it seems this last arc is meant to revolve around his character as much as it is Kaname's. (I say this because Zero is looking for answers about what in his past was manipulated and he's chosen to go on this journey with Yuuki). I highly doubt Zero would die as well.

RantingPrincess said:
Wow! Good observation there! I didn't realize that at all. I guess there is still hope for the Zeki fans after all.

Definitely! ^^ I'd also point out to the people frustrated with Yuuki, that she's doing the same thing this arc as Zero did last arc. (Pushing him away because she doesn't feel she's right for him)
Sep 24, 2012 3:20 PM

Sep 2011
I like the idea of zero and yuuki not loving eachother because it was all a set up and was merely false love, i say i like that idea cause that means zero can drop that bitch and get with someone he actually deserves, plus he probably wont be held back at the thought of hurting yuuki by trying to off kaname and this time will hopefully suceed

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 25, 2012 1:01 AM
Sep 2012
I understand everyone's point of views about this chapter, this series has become a real drab lately and I too love zero and wished a happy ending. But look at it like this, zero is finally coming to terms with himself and all around him, he is finding the light so be proud of him. He and yuki may never have been anyway because she is a pureblood and she clearly states that she belongs to kaname( whether she wants to or not we don't know, and it doesn't mean it's indicating an end). The series has basically helped us to travel with zero through his ups and downs, watching him develop as a character so maybe not now but there must be happiness for him somewhere. At least now he will wan to continue on with life, with purpose and to find that happiness. Plus i'm kinda happy that he is still free and not tied down for us all XD i had to fangirly somewhere!!
p.s. I've always disliked kaname, but I've still kinda understood his reasoning, he simply wanted to pay back his debt to the ancestor who he clearly cared for, yes his way of doing it is very wrong. But over the series I've learnt to sympathize and realized he is just very old and lonely, always being used, and living with the guilt and sorrow of losing the ancestor who sacrificed herself before to fight the purebloods. So you can see why he's turned out so to be the depressed, bitter and crazy vampire that he is!! besides without his personality he is a beautiful drawing, but I still love our zero more who just seems to get older and better, whilst kaname becomes more brooding. This also has to be my favorite Yuki transformation yet with the edgy clothes and hair, ready for the hunt!!
Sep 25, 2012 1:42 AM

Jul 2012
Its pretty sad that so many people hate Kaname! :( But well to be frank i do hope that zero can find happiness although i m not a big of fan of him... Hopefully Zero can end up with Yuki and Kaname can end up with the ancestor or me? >.<
Sep 25, 2012 4:27 AM
Aug 2012
i love matsuri hino's art ,it's keep getting better....and i don't think yuki is the kind of person who does what she doesn't want to do,she said in the first arc that she loves kaname and now that she belongs to him...and last page the umbrella scene ,Matsuri Hino is playing with the thougts in our minds, it's a kanamexyuki but she give zeki's fans a chunk of hope so they have a reason to continue on reading....all what he did in the first was for yuki,and i believe all what he is doing for humans coexist and for yuki in the first place,i thing he is the one who is suffering the most we can see that in his sad eyes...he is doing all that for some implicite reason including the hooded woman's will i believe it's for yuki...he is not killing purebloods for fun ,i think at the end we will see that he was the good guy who did all the dirty work so others would live in happiness
dann_animeSep 25, 2012 4:34 AM
Sep 25, 2012 5:09 AM

Jun 2008
Im going to rant a bit here. the reasons why I think VK does not make sense at all.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 25, 2012 6:26 AM
Jul 2018
WHAAAAAAAAAT?! After all that HAPPENS,YUUKI YOU'RE STILL CHOOSING KANAME!? I can't stop ranting about what she had said. I hope Zero will have a happy ending. Forget about those two stupid purebloods. But after taking a look at ImaginaryLights.tumblr~ HMMM. Maybe IT still has a chance. Hooray for the future president of the Hunter's Association. :D
Sep 25, 2012 7:57 AM

Aug 2011
I have to disagree that Hino is playing with the fans minds making them think it's a Zeki end. Click spoiler tag for clarification (but read at your own discretion because it's long-winded):

As for Kaname's actions, Yuuki is meant to be the "justice" character in this story and she's made her view on the matter pretty clear... no matter the 'reason' she feels it's wrong, that Kaname has to be stopped, etc. Some of the purebloods were sleeping, and Kaname let Sara roam around turning humans, devouring purebloods and stay at Cross Academy near Yuuki and HUMAN students. o_O He even lied and took credit for her crimes, which made her look like the victim. Not to mention killing Aidou-dono for presently unknown reasons, which was the first act that threw the vampire society into complete chaos because 'bad vampires' took advantage of that opening, and gave the Hunter's Association more work.

Now Kaname's admitted to releasing Shizuka and having a part in the tragedy with the Kiryuu's, Zero is foreshadowing that even more beyond that has been manipulated, and Yuuki is denying none of this. So, I'm pretty sure things are only going to get darker from here on out, and though Kaname may get some redemption, things will never go back to how they were. People won't just forgive and forget, Kaien's already said that this time those who instigate needless fear and confusion among the people (which Kaname has done twice: first with the vampire council, and now this) will be dealt with more strictly than before. Kaname got a free pass with the vampire council, though he and Yuuki were still staying somewhat underground; I doubt he'll get such a thing this time, and I don't think he really cares because he's on a self-destructive path by choice.

Anyway, I didn't mean to offend anyone, that's just my opinion and whoever disagrees is more than welcome to.
Sep 25, 2012 8:27 AM

Sep 2012
nice chapter overall, its been a while since ive had a chapter ive truly liked

the manga is waay better when its zero and yuuki together (almost) like how they used to be, i still feel sorry for zero, he gets screwed over alot and gets so much shit thrown at him but he still manages to move forward

i also like the poetry of this chapter and how zero is truly wondering if all the feelings he once held were actually false and orchestrated by kaname, its sad because kaname planned out his family's downfall and his meeting with yuuki, Did kaname plan for zero to fall in love with yuuki so he would protect her? Was he manipulating his feelings right from the very beginning?

what i didn't like was yuuki suddenly declaring that she still belongs to kaname, but it suits her character to be loyal to her fiancée and i would be worried if she started to suddenly take interest in zero, but it was still mean of her to friend-zone zero
Sep 25, 2012 9:19 AM
Aug 2012
it's nice to share our points of view...sometimes you don't have to have a reason to like or dislike a character and to convince someone is pointless...if we all of us like the very same character then this forum will be really boring ,contrast is what makes a good image,in this chapter we saw that yuki still loves kaname ,zero is a good character but i just like kaname...yuki sees zero as very important friend wich he is ...but we love our friends we never let go of them but not in a romantic way...anyway i don't have bad wishes for zero....and for Matsuri hino,she is a mangaka and she won't give us the answers ....and also ,she will keep the love triangle so we can still debate around it... kaname's manipulating acts were for yuki's sake ...and she only said a chunk is attached to zero and if she loves kaname it doesn't mean she'll have to hate zero..Rido is not kaname ,and juri hated Rido while yuki was in love with kaname for ten years and still....sara is a bad pureblood ...but other things need some spotlight: where is RIMA and shiki? Ichijou what in his mind now ?? And the first page we see kaname and yuki? I wonder if kaname will push her away ...to be honest yuki was weak and still not that powerfull but it's like kaname wants her to stand on her feet and since he saw the hunter twins planned something but you are forgetting that ichiru played a role with shizuka hio murdering his parents, they killed her fiancee and the huters association was also corrupted as the counsil So we'll have to wait to the next chapter
dann_animeSep 25, 2012 9:59 AM
Sep 25, 2012 11:08 AM

Aug 2011
Kaname himself actually refers to Rido as a person who embodies his faults well/says they're very much alike/is a very good mirror/etc. That wasn't something I just pulled out of thin air for the sake of arguing my point. Also, whether it's a chunk or the whole thing, Yuuki saying she can't be sated by Kaname because of Zero still has very negative implications for Yume, because you're supposed to be sated by the one you love. If Yuuki loves Kaname, she should be sated by him, but she's not. Thus my point of her feelings for Zero at least being equal to Kaname, if not greater, and also Yuuki saying she's with Kaname because she doesn't want to be alone for eternity. Not because she loves him. And, his feelings make her sad, not happy o_O But I was just stating my opinion before, so I digress :P We'll all think what we want until Hino proves us without a doubt wrong. (Oh, and I like Kaname's character - not sure if you thought I didn't with what you said in your post lol but yeah. I find him interesting now that we've learned about his past as the Ancestor, and I think it's very sad what he went through)

I was actually wondering about Rima and Shiki myself, because they were going to the association after Takuma and I'm not sure how he managed to get past them while carrying Sara. XD I guess the next time we see Takuma, we'll probably see Rima and Shiki as well. Maybe they're following him? I think Takuma has probably returned to Kaname's side for now, since Kaname isn't the one who killed Sara. I was surprised Kaname left Seiren behind, though. Not that he had much of a chance to go get her, he was making a quick get away, but I wonder if she'll stay at Cross Academy now or if she'll disappear and go to where he is? They have a master/servant type relationship it seems, she's very loyal to him, so I can't imagine her not trying to track him down.

I think since Kaname made the choice to not turn Yuuki back into a human like he'd originally intended, he probably decided to give her a new role: watching over the vampires and being the one to take his life. That's not to say this is what will happen, I just think that's what Kaname may want.
underthesameskySep 25, 2012 11:11 AM
Sep 25, 2012 1:30 PM
Sep 2012
I understand everyone's point of views about this chapter, this series has become a real drab lately(but this chapter is starting to show movement to an end)and I too love zero and wished a happy ending. But look at it like this, zero is finally coming to terms with himself and all around him, he is finding the light so be proud of him. He and yuki may never have been anyway because she is a pureblood and she clearly states that she belongs to kaname( whether she wants to or not we don't know, and it doesn't mean it's indicating an end because then again she could still end up with either from the comments that i've read, they show very interesting theories and debates hino surely has us in a whirl). The series has basically helped us to travel with zero through his ups and downs, watching him develop as a character so maybe not now but there must be happiness for him somewhere. At least now he will wan to continue on with life, with purpose and to find that happiness. Plus i'm kinda happy that he is still free and not tied down for us all XD i had to fangirly somewhere!!
p.s. I've always disliked kaname until recently, but I've still kinda understood his reasoning, he simply wanted to pay back his debt to the ancestor who he clearly cared for, yes his way of doing it is very wrong. But over the series I've learnt to sympathize and realized he is just very old and lonely, always being used, and living with the guilt and sorrow of losing the ancestor who sacrificed herself before to fight the purebloods. So you can see why he's turned out so to be the depressed, bitter and crazy vampire that he is!! besides without his personality he is a beautiful drawing, but I still love our zero more who just seems to get older, mature and better standing in confidence and self realization with a pride in the hunter that he is, whilst kaname becomes more brooding yet still mysterious and with an air of pride. This also has to be my favorite Yuki transformation yet with the edgy clothes and hair, ready for the hunt!!
animevampsSep 27, 2012 3:16 AM
Sep 25, 2012 9:36 PM
Aug 2012
i hope in next chapter we'll be able to approche some answers....i understand^_^ glad you don't hate him...and i agree whatever we say ,Matsuri will have the word and i think we should expect the last expected.....and i'm wonderring why did kaname decided to persue her will,why not before or after? Is he really starting again? And i agree about zero , he used to be kind a close gothik kid all he wanted was to kill vampires(wich is pretty justified ,they kill his family) and he used to hide his feelings especially the feelings he has for yuki(he said he wants to kill her next time they'll meet but he really cares for her) in this chapter we see a little bit a satteled zero....Takuma is loyale to kaname or use to (as a friend) we'll see, still have to disagree ,yuki do love kaname she didn't stayed because he left!(as a character i like kaname but as for pairing i was reliefed that kaname isn't her brother ,otherwise i would not accepted it ) But if he wants her to kill him then she won't be alone for eternity??? Kaname i love him but he is so mysterious....hope Hino will make a better chapter so we can still enjoy this manga
dann_animeSep 25, 2012 9:42 PM
Sep 26, 2012 6:08 PM

Aug 2011
Yeah I didn't really like the reveal that Kaname was Yuuki's "brother," lol I eventually got over it and then they revealed he was related to her a little more distantly. I actually wouldn't have minded the incest element so much if she hadn't kept calling him oniisama, I was glad when she finally stopped that lol.

With Kaname and why he decided to do the A's will now, I'm not sure. Obviously he's been planning this for some time and even if it's revealed that he lied about releasing Shizuka, he was definitely very interested in the Kiryuu twins existence. Possibly, that is the root of his plans, because there's a lot we don't know about the Hunter's Curse. I've also seen people say that Kaname gave up before and entered a slumber, but when Rido woke him up, he didn't want to waste the second chance he was given.

Well, there are other purebloods (if Kaname is unsuccessful in killing them all) and we're not sure what's up with Kaien, since he seems to have stopped aging. Though of course other purebloods and Kaien are unlikely to be romantic companions, LOL. Some have speculated that Yuuki would be turned human again, or that she'll sacrifice herself like the Ancestress did.

Next chapter is 40 pages by the way guys. ^^ And it's the second last chapter of the volume, so hopefully it'll be a good one. :D One thing I'll say about this series, and it's how I maintain my interest in it, is that it's really hard to enjoy as a "monthly" manga. Even though it's kind of long, I try to reread it whenever I have time (from beginning to now) because it really helps understand the story better AND it also helps you feel less frustrated. Some people don't have the patience to try that, but if you do, you should, it helps a lot.
Sep 26, 2012 7:23 PM

Sep 2011
After reading what she said to Zero, I was so angry if I had an anti vampire weapon on me I would have chopped her with it.

Yes Zero is my favorite character too.

At one time, a couple of years ago, this was my very favorite manga.
Sep 27, 2012 6:08 AM
Sep 2012
underthesamesky said:

So I'm not the only one that thought that this chapter gave Zero and Yuuki hope :) Thank you so much for pointing out the paralell to the Haruka and Juuri scene!
Sep 27, 2012 6:22 AM
Sep 2012
I'm really starting to love Vampire Knight (and not just for the art like I used to). The majority of us are Team Zero and I don't think it's an accident that most of us are Zero fans. And if you think beyond the love triangle being just about which boy she likes more, you see Yuuki caught between who she's supposed to be, the vampire princess and wife of the ancestor that she feels a responsibility to be, especially since that's who her parents who died for her expected she would marry Kaname, and who she actually is and who she actually loves. She's caught having to choose between her happiness and responsibilities, and I find Yuuki admirable for trying so hard to live up to all those responsibilities. Now that Kaname appears to have gone berserk, she feels a responsibility to go against him and she's terribly confused right now but she's hiding it in order to be the just and kind leader of the vampires, especially since most of the purebloods are insane. She undeniably loves Zero but feels like she shouldn't be with him. Don't hate on Yuuki for picking Kaname, she's just confused, she loves Zero, don't worry!
Sep 27, 2012 7:16 AM

Aug 2011
alysonskye said:
I'm really starting to love Vampire Knight (and not just for the art like I used to). The majority of us are Team Zero and I don't think it's an accident that most of us are Zero fans. And if you think beyond the love triangle being just about which boy she likes more, you see Yuuki caught between who she's supposed to be, the vampire princess and wife of the ancestor that she feels a responsibility to be, especially since that's who her parents who died for her expected she would marry Kaname, and who she actually is and who she actually loves. She's caught having to choose between her happiness and responsibilities, and I find Yuuki admirable for trying so hard to live up to all those responsibilities. Now that Kaname appears to have gone berserk, she feels a responsibility to go against him and she's terribly confused right now but she's hiding it in order to be the just and kind leader of the vampires, especially since most of the purebloods are insane. She undeniably loves Zero but feels like she shouldn't be with him. Don't hate on Yuuki for picking Kaname, she's just confused, she loves Zero, don't worry!

Agreed! Yuuki has a lot of confusion, fear, and insecurity controlling her life. She has been fighting against it a lot this arc but she's far from perfect. I think it's just hard for some fans to deal with because a lot of them have been following the manga for years, when it comes to the Zeki fans they had to sit through the Kuran Mansion arc and that was probably frustrating. I'm a (somewhat) newer fan so I have more patience, personally xD

And you're welcome (about pointing out the parallel) !
Sep 28, 2012 7:41 AM

Oct 2008
underthesamesky said:

You... give me so much hope. ;^;
Sep 28, 2012 9:43 AM

Mar 2010
I can't help but wonder how the hell can people see Zeki as the "good" end for Zero. Up until now, Yuuki stated several times that she wants to be with Kaname even though she is trying to stop him by all means. If she were to simply jump on to Zero, her words would mean nothing at all. Do you really want a girl, whose words are completely meaningless and she will jump ships when she sees fit, to date your favourite character? Really? If Yuuki wasn't so obsessed with Kaname, it would be understandable how she could simply "jump onto" Zero. But after everything she said, how much she loved him and how much she wanted to be with him etc. she should simply forget all of that and date Zero? And call that "happy ending"? When your favourite character ends up with someone so fake and selfish? If anything, Zero would deserve someone who would actually give a damn about him and his problems, not someone who is hurting and ignoring him for fun yet expecting him to be happy about it.
Sep 28, 2012 3:27 PM

Sep 2012
Well this was quite a chapter really. Just a couple of things on the chapter I wanted to say.

I liked the kaito and zero moment. Their interaction was sweet as kaito in his own way was worrying and trying to watch out for zero sort of like an older brother. I'm glad zero has someone like that on his side watching his back for him. ^^

This chapter though did not solve the LT. There are still several things that need addressing before that. One being what does Yuuki feel for zero as she has not yet answered this question, she also hasn't said how she see's the current kaname so that needs addressing too.

I initially like the "belong" line as a Yume fan, but then when I looked at the word belong I wasn't so sure on it. Its a bit too much like Yuuki see's herself as an object and not a person in the relationship and I really want hino to address and clear that up.

HikaruIzumi said:
I can't help but wonder how the hell can people see Zeki as the "good" end for Zero. Up until now, Yuuki stated several times that she wants to be with Kaname even though she is trying to stop him by all means. If she were to simply jump on to Zero, her words would mean nothing at all. Do you really want a girl, whose words are completely meaningless and she will jump ships when she sees fit, to date your favourite character? Really? If Yuuki wasn't so obsessed with Kaname, it would be understandable how she could simply "jump onto" Zero. But after everything she said, how much she loved him and how much she wanted to be with him etc. she should simply forget all of that and date Zero? And call that "happy ending"? When your favourite character ends up with someone so fake and selfish? If anything, Zero would deserve someone who would actually give a damn about him and his problems, not someone who is hurting and ignoring him for fun yet expecting him to be happy about it.

I agree with quite a few things you've said. Personally one reason why I could not ship zeki is that Yuuki has been so single minded sometimes when it comes to Kaname. Like at the end of arc one after she finds out kaname used zero how does she respond? "Taint me too oniisama." Not exactly what you'd want her to say if you want her with zero as it showed quite a disregard for him really and what he went through. Yuuki's always been so open in her feelings towards Kaname in front of Zero, I do feel sorry for the guy a lot as Yuuki does say things that's got to hurt him. IMO he deserves someone better and who can give him a whole heart dedicated to him.

Hino could do zeki and do it well but certain things about the pairing would not sit well with me with how hino has done things with them in the past.
Sep 28, 2012 5:07 PM

Aug 2011
Yuuki hasn't explicitly stated her feelings for Kaname since she learned of Zero's feelings for her at the beginning of the last arc. Since this arc began, she's cited loneliness, a fear of being alone for eternity, and Kaname being the same species as her as her reasons for being with him. She's referenced how his feelings for her make her sad and are what endear him to her. Kaname admits to putting on an act for Yuuki's sake, both in the first arc as her senior and again in this arc as her brother. Yuuki "fell in love" with Kaname as a child (when she viewed him as her brother) and again as a human (when she viewed him as her senior) when she was only seeing the ideal Kaname, not the real one. After he showed her his past about being the Ancestor, he asked her how she felt, and the only answer she could give him was to start over and render all supposed development during their year together moot. Yuuki isn't obsessed with Kaname, she just doesn't want to spend the eternity alone and Kaname shares the same lifespan as her. He's the safe choice and that's what she's been going with up until this point. Given the fact that Yuuki is a character who has always had insecurities, this shouldn't really be a shocker to anyone.

I want Zero to be with Yuuki because regardless of what some people think, most of her actions revolve around him as much as they do herself. She felt that by being a pureblood, she betrayed him, and that being a vampire was her punishment for hurting Zero. And what are we shown after the timeskip? Her refusing to use her fangs and accept WHAT she is, and Kaname asking if her memories from the past were getting in the way. She didn't just blindly accept Kaname's sins either, she said she felt both angry and sad when Kaname admitted to what he'd done. Angry = angry at Kaname's actions, sad = sad for what had happened, sad because he said he'd done it for her sake. Because Kaname said what he'd done was for her, she felt guilty and she accepted it once. She even says she's committed a terrible sin too when she accepts his sins. o_O Notice though, she has not made the same mistake twice, though she still has that guilt complex.

Yuuki isn't intentionally hurting Zero, and Zero is the one who fell in love with her. He could have moved on, he could have fallen for someone else, but it's been made perfectly clear that despite her flaws Yuuki is Zero's happiness. That's the point of Kaien's dialogue about one of Yagari's students "grasping the sunlight" when he watches Zero leave with Yuuki. If Zero loves Yuuki despite all the b.s. some fans see, does it really matter if he's with her in the end?

And Yuuki would not just be "jumping on to Zero," when they've had development from the start, when she's expressed romantic interest in him (Zero being the cause of Kaname's blood not sating her = romantic attachment, IMO, though whether it's equal or greater to her feelings for Kaname is up to you) and there's been no love declarations for Kaname this arc, no joy over being Kaname's fiancee, no reference of it at all except to say she promised him as a child but wasn't even sure he felt that strongly about her o_O If her feelings changed in that one year that her and Zero were apart, there has to be a reason, especially if the Kaname she fell in love with was an ideal and not the real thing.

At any rate, I like Zeki because of their dynamics and both Zero AND Yuuki, not just Zero. I also didn't have to sit through some of the more excruciating months with Yuuki's behaviour, since I'm somewhat of a new fan. So, that may be why I'm not as harsh on her as others.

Edit: If Zeki is endgame, it will be because Yuuki realized he was the one she loved more, which has been hinted throughout this arc and foreshadowed with the typical shoujo cliches from day one. It will not be because Kaname started doing bad things and Yuuki decided Zero was the better choice. If she genuinely loved Kaname for who he is, his crimes would not matter, even if they made her angry/sad/disappointed/etc.
underthesameskySep 28, 2012 5:18 PM
Sep 30, 2012 4:51 AM

Oct 2011
I've never liked Kaname since the first moment words came out of his mouth. Now, just the sight of his stupid face makes me want to flip the page without reading anything. And Yuuki makes it so damn worst with every irrational thing she says too! Yuuki used to be one of my favorite characters, and I can't, and probably won't, ever dislike her but... for god's sakes woman... WAKE UP! Kaname is a manipulative bastard who should spend the rest of eternity back in that coffin. Yuuki and Zero belong together. They have so much chemistry, it's oozing out of the pages. I really hope Yuuki realizes who's the better man soon. >.>
Sep 30, 2012 10:00 PM

Sep 2012
At this point having an unresolved LT endgame would be a ridiculous and disappointing cop-out, so I'm very reluctant to jump on board with speculation that Kaname would die, Zeki will be platonic or any other variation where that may theoretically work out. Adieu to love for VK if I'm wrong.

Also I can't believe there are people (especially Zeki fans!) who disliked this chapter, I was screaming internally like hell. It was good! For once!

In 34 Yuuki calls Zero soft-hearted when he didn't resist her choking him in her madness, saying that she didn't help him for his sake, but for her own. Zero replies that Yuuki's proclamation suggesting she needed him desperately was silly because he believes all she really needs for a partner is Kaname. This was presumably because Zero believed Yuuki loved Kaname most, from the blood she gave him, and that he himself wasn't strong or good enough for her, because she was his saviour when he couldn't be his own. That was the last conversation they had before Zero discovers Yuuki's pureblood identity. Who Yuuki loves, and who Yuuki needs and can rely on– Zero has always thought that the answer to both questions was Kaname. These answers were the real obstacles to Zeki- it was never because she was a pureblood and he was not, because he didn't pursue a relationship with her in school even before the pureblood fiasco. Although that did form the basis for all the Zeki angst/drama from arc 1 till now, it was most likely a red herring irrelevant to the resolution of the LT. If it was so determinative, then VK could have resolved itself years ago. In 86, Zero jumps over Kaito's point that purebloods exist in a different sphere - the illustration shows him reminiscing about the time when Yuuki was a source of support, a ray of light for him, and by choosing to accompany her he shows that her being a pureblood does not overwhelm his desire to chance it with her. Kaien Cross's conversation with Yagari reinforces that despite their vampire differences Zero would still pursue that narrow chance of 'catching it'.

Yeah no, I don't think Zero would be happy settling for 'just friends', guys. He wants her bad still despite all his stoic expressions. XD

Yuuki in this chapter still does not accept that realistically they can be together in any way - she reaffirms for the billionth time that she belongs with Kaname. Zero's reply is to ask Yuuki about what she thinks they could be, if nobody manipulates their thoughts and emotions. Implicitly, he is asking her to question how much manipulation has played a part in how she feels and thinks about him NOW. He makes clear that he wishes to plainly see what could be possible when they go forward together now in a manner that is outside the confines of what is orchestrated by others, or preordained.

Zero, shaking up Yuuki’s convictions like a boss.

Instinctively I think in coming chapters something that would have a huge impact would be the reason why Adiou’s father was killed. It would give us better insight into Kaname’s state of mind. Even as someone who would prefer a Zeki endgame, I don’t really understand all the hate directed at Kaname – most of his misdeeds are cloaked in enigma. Why sentence him without clear facts? Wishing for his death, guys? Kinda harsh, don’t you think?

underthesamesky said:

And Yuuki would not just be "jumping on to Zero," when they've had development from the start

Lol no shit. I laughed when I saw the post you were responding to. Also @underthesamesky thanks for bringing the umbrella sidestory parallel to everyone’s attention! Juri/Haruka, so much cute. I loved seeing their loving banter reflected in Zeki :D squee!
VesperlyndSep 30, 2012 10:05 PM
Oct 3, 2012 3:27 AM

Aug 2010
I love how everyone jumped the gun on Yuuki's line of belonging to Kaname. In all sense of the word she does belong to Kaname from the day she claimed him as a child.

However Yuuki stating that claim right now does not mean she is declaring that she does not love Zero or telling him she can never be with him.

At this point I feel Yuuki is trying not to make it more complicated and trying to solve one problem at at time. And I'm glad Zero is thinking the same, no matter how much we all know he'd like to claim Yuuki right there and then.

I still believe Zeki will happen, it just needs time to unfold (yes I know a bunch of us have been waiting years for that to happen xD)

If you think of it, in no possible end scenario will Kaname live or be allowed to live, he is old and can never carry on the pureblood name without bringing destruction to yuuki and himself.

The only way they can get past this if he were to make Yuuki human again and die himself or Kaname will die and Yuuki would be the remaining pureblood.
Oct 6, 2012 10:54 PM
Oct 2012
if im zero i think i have to call this a wrap, she told kaname she was in love with him. she never told zero that. zero and yuki talk about her feelings for kaname...as far as im concerned kaname and yuki dont talk about her feelings for zero. seems like hes a friend to me. when i see their relationship go to the next level i will become a believer, when yuki stops talking about kaname to zero, or anyone the way she talks about him, ill become a believer. until then i dont see the zeki thing happening, unless kaname dies and even then it wouldn't be worth it because i wouldn't want zero to get with girl who only wants him because her main squeeze isnt an option anymore.
on another note...why do people hate kaname so much. i dont like the way he manipulated yuki or zero's life but i have to admit he is one hell of a bad ass. i could be wrong but the way he treats yuki, as well as the way he is so calm cool and collected. he's one of the coolest anime/manga characters ive ever seen
Oct 9, 2012 3:24 AM
Jul 2009
Jaymie said:
fans have already been emotionally prepared for years for the fact that no one will end up together in the end.

I've always thought this would be the end.
Now after reading this I feel Yuki may be the only one left living at the end.
Oct 18, 2012 4:18 PM
Sep 2012
underthesamesky said:

o_o OMG, underthesamesky, you just opened my eyes to something I had no idea about. Wow, you caught onto something very interesting. This changes my opinion of this chapter completely. Your logic makes complete sense.

o.o Wow...

XD My mind has been boggled!
Oct 18, 2012 4:23 PM

Sep 2011
underthesamesky said:
I have to disagree that Hino is playing with the fans minds making them think it's a Zeki end. Click spoiler tag for clarification (but read at your own discretion because it's long-winded):

As for Kaname's actions, Yuuki is meant to be the "justice" character in this story and she's made her view on the matter pretty clear... no matter the 'reason' she feels it's wrong, that Kaname has to be stopped, etc. Some of the purebloods were sleeping, and Kaname let Sara roam around turning humans, devouring purebloods and stay at Cross Academy near Yuuki and HUMAN students. o_O He even lied and took credit for her crimes, which made her look like the victim. Not to mention killing Aidou-dono for presently unknown reasons, which was the first act that threw the vampire society into complete chaos because 'bad vampires' took advantage of that opening, and gave the Hunter's Association more work.

Now Kaname's admitted to releasing Shizuka and having a part in the tragedy with the Kiryuu's, Zero is foreshadowing that even more beyond that has been manipulated, and Yuuki is denying none of this. So, I'm pretty sure things are only going to get darker from here on out, and though Kaname may get some redemption, things will never go back to how they were. People won't just forgive and forget, Kaien's already said that this time those who instigate needless fear and confusion among the people (which Kaname has done twice: first with the vampire council, and now this) will be dealt with more strictly than before. Kaname got a free pass with the vampire council, though he and Yuuki were still staying somewhat underground; I doubt he'll get such a thing this time, and I don't think he really cares because he's on a self-destructive path by choice.

Anyway, I didn't mean to offend anyone, that's just my opinion and whoever disagrees is more than welcome to.
you have to keep in mind, hino is REALLY bad at writing, its very likely all the stuff you think are hints in your spoiler are really just her accidently making plotholes.

I'm just calling it now, they will paint zero as the bad guy in end, if that sound absurd and downright retarded thats why i think its gonna happen, this story has become so convoluted, so illogical, so downright bad i can only imagine this ending with the worst and most insulting to the fans ending as possible
JizzyHitlerOct 18, 2012 4:26 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.