Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2012 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Penultimate episode time! I am going to miss this ridiculous but fun show when it finishes airing :).

Aha, Freecell's necklace from his mother is indeed a kumiki puzzle and he wants to solve it with Kaito. Puzzle bros forever :P.

Wow, Freecell hugging Nonoha and thinking that she looks like his mother with her hair down hahaha XD. Nonoha really does look much prettier with her hair like that. She should change it to her default hairstyle :D.

So Hoist might potentially be Freecell's biological father? He could have also just simply had an enormous crush on Freecell's mother ;).

Whoa was worried for a minute there when Freecell put Klondike's final ring onto Kaito's wrist but thank goodness Kaito managed to shatter it with his mind really quickly ;). KAITO AND FREECELL PAZURU TAIMU NO HAJIMARI DA! :)

jenanimeSep 17, 2012 2:40 PM
Sep 16, 2012 10:30 AM

Nov 2007
Freecell, who saw future vision of him, Kaito , and childhood girl, spending time with the childhood girl, who looks like his mother. So the pendant was the puzzle that young Freecell wanted to solve with Kaito (the promise), and the puzzle that his mother made had a message "You are my hope". Kaito even refused the bracelet from the ex-boss of Orpheus Order. To Himalayas, where there's Kami no Puzzle that Freecell made, closed space that might never let them return.

I'm not sure the butler's relations with Freecell's mother because he knows her name. Or is he just one of the co-op. of the experiment?

Freecell's narration to final ep. was so powerful and emotional, Kaito as the hope when he's lonely.
tsubasaloverSep 16, 2012 4:20 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 17, 2012 12:50 PM

Oct 2011
Is this it. Next week is the last episode T_T. Is there another season??
Sep 17, 2012 1:46 PM

Mar 2012
Wow Freecell looked epic in that episode :)
I think Hoist is his real father ? ;o
Sep 17, 2012 1:54 PM

Nov 2011
Jesper3 said:

I think Hoist is his real father ? ;o

That thought had crossed my mind as well but I'm not sure because Hoist does seem too young to be Freecell's dad. This is anime though and we do get very young looking dads so maybe he is the father LOL ;).
Sep 17, 2012 3:47 PM

Dec 2011
I didn't expect Freecell to put the ring to Kaito!
But it didn't work!

Can't wait to see the conclusion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2012 7:19 PM

Oct 2010
For the 1st time in both seasons i could tolerate Nonoha i think its because she looked good as hell with her hair down. LMFAO

Either way i still think season 1 is better the puzzles was better in season 2 though but not the story.
Sep 17, 2012 10:16 PM
Feb 2011
Nonoha with her hair down is so cute~ Lol.
Sep 18, 2012 7:57 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Wh-Wha-WHATTT was that?! Was it my idea or Freecell looked so damn cute throughout almost the whole episode (obviously the crazy eye moments are omitted)? Damn, he is rly just so cute! I have to say I actually like him. Only in the last 2-3 epis I actually started understanding him and he's not really bad. Out of everyone, I can see how his mind is all over the place and why he gets such mood swings and why he does what he does. Now it all makes sense. The promise, the obsession, the love/hate, everything. I believe he must be the most well developed character in the series (though tbh, apart from Kaito, noone else had any real development to count in). Can't believe I liked him so much towards the end of the series xD

On to the series itself, Nonoha let down her hair \o/ That was probably the most anticipated scene from season 1! She's just so pretty with her hair down (and how cute was Freecell looking at her >.< Kyaaa~<3) and for once she wasn't useless. In this season, I hardly count anyone actually useful but Nonoha was even more behind for the obvious reason that she can't compete with puzzles so she played the role of the emotional trigger and even though it could be thought as predictable, it was still nice. She did something!

Also, after such a touching scene with Nonoha and Freecell I have to say I didn't expect her to totally ignore him when Kaito arrived. It was like nothing ever happened. Same applies to Freecell. I expected him a bit more attached and not be blind to her once Kaito arrived. Oh well, nice moments last for too lil in this anime.

Hoist on the other hand, was... thrown away. I could see he had some high goals and I can understand the feeling that when you are this close to your desire coming true, you just can't help it and show more emotion than you should. Half the time (especially in anime and tv) that's enough to make you ineligible to attain what you want.

I always like when people get surprised at the obvious turns of events. They all knew about the ring but they all had to have a face like they had never assumed what would happen. Kaito broke it pretty fast. First season took him around... the whole season and this time only a minute! That's progress! Maybe next time he can maybe even avoid falling for the trap! But then again, where would be the cliche shounen style if he were truly smart and careful?

Either way, pretty decent episode. I even upped the score by 1 cause I liked the last 2 epis and made me see the start a bit differently. Now it has a 6! I'm not rly looking forward to the next episode terribly cause it'll rly go back to cliches and Kaito saving him and bleh, that's boring. I do hope it surprises me though (don't let him die T.T He's too cute!) but I highly doubt it. As last episode, it has some things to complete.

PS: My eternal question. Every time the villain moves hands or just have a crazy look, the puzzle seems to be moving. Are the emploees always watch the villain to know when to to be ready and make the puzzles move? It'd be fun if one wasn't paying attention!
Sep 18, 2012 8:26 AM
Jan 2011
AnimeFan500 said:
Is this it. Next week is the last episode T_T. Is there another season??

Yep, 1 more 2 go, season 2? I don't think so.
Sep 18, 2012 12:54 PM

May 2009
Nasty001 said:
Yep, 1 more 2 go, season 2? I don't think so.

It is already second season.
Sep 19, 2012 10:14 AM

Nov 2007
Hahaha seriously who names their kid Freecell? No wonder the kid is so bonkers. Now he thinks Nonoha is his mother? Yeah that's possible.

I kinda hate how useless Gamon and the others have become.

BUT PUZZLES ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS.
Sep 20, 2012 1:50 AM
Apr 2010
Whist got smoked! "You're not in the future I've seen. I don't want your presence to defile it. GET LOST!"

Expected episode, bunch of setup talk for the finale. I seriously hope the final puzzle is worthy of being called a final puzzle. Kaito is a champ, power of the ring isn't required for champs like him. Can't wait for the final episode!
Sep 20, 2012 6:03 AM

Sep 2007
Oh man ...
Nonoha hair down. :s
Sep 20, 2012 9:49 AM
May 2012
Can't wait for Finale next week!

Kaito is gonna defeat Freecell once and for all!
Sep 21, 2012 3:28 AM

Jul 2011
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if there will be another season only to see Nonoha with her hair down. xD
Sep 21, 2012 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
Freecell and Kaito are finally gonna fight at the Puzzle of God!!!

Kaito breaking the final ring was nice... and Hoist just got owned by Freecell haha
Nonoha should seriously let her hair down more often
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 23, 2012 3:51 AM
Jun 2012
Sep 25, 2012 3:30 PM

Mar 2009
OMG NONOHA LET HER HAIR DOWN! AGAIN!

...followed by a very creepy scene thanks to Freecell.
Sep 27, 2012 6:28 PM

Feb 2012
Whaaaaat? This episode was just random, but for some reason it made the rest of the series make way more sense... I'm about sick of Freecell though. Hoist as well, who's basically a butler with no real purpose other than doing everything for the characters to interact. Then once they're done with him he just leaves. No real point to him.

Also, moe Freecell? The hell? Nonoha! KEEP YOUR HAIR DOWN.
I was glad she finally got some kind of purpose in this season, but then, even though Freecell went bonkers over her being his mother (which is totally crazy), she's just given back like nothing happened anyway.
Sigh....
Sep 29, 2012 1:28 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This episode was actually pretty good. Good news that a third season is coming...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 6, 2012 5:33 PM

Jun 2010
Good episode. First time comment on this season, and mostly is because of this.... Nonoha hair down is wow.. Sheis hot and love those scenes. She should def let her hair down more.
Nov 9, 2012 9:56 PM

May 2010
Nonoha as a mother ... I just can't see it.
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 17, 2012 6:37 PM

Nov 2011

Oh my. Nanoha looks good with her hair down; very pretty there :)

Anyways, this penultimate episode seems to set things off for the finale of Freecell vs. Kaito. Who will win?!?! I can't wait to find out.
Nov 28, 2012 4:24 AM
May 2007
^ That scene </3 The series does it again! I almost thought that they are gonna kiss... Freecell was kinda sweet, tbh! The hug and him asking Nonoha to let her hair down, so cute moments!! I should question Nonoha's self control over cute boys. Freecell's "Boku no Mama" was a little evil though. And I could see from the next episode preview Rook will get to see the final battle! He is kinda late as Freecell has already stolen Kaito away from him.
Sep 30, 2013 10:14 AM
Aug 2012
Freecel went crazier and creepier...but that's makes him pretty interesting character)
Oh I am so happy that finally I see some sense in the whole season thanks to those 3 last episodes, at least they are captivate , and all previous was average ans boring from time to time
Jun 8, 2014 4:14 PM

May 2012
The final match has start let's see what happens next but I really like this development! Let's see what's next!

Nanoha with her hair down is best <3

More topics from this board

» why is this so unpopular?

Neostorm-X - Aug 1, 2021

4 by Veronicz »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 1 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 8, 2012

42 by Teleportalfuture »»
Aug 11, 2020 5:06 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 15, 2012

16 by removed-user »»
Mar 10, 2017 10:29 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2012

13 by The_Badguy »»
Jul 8, 2016 2:40 AM

» Creepy antagonists

Saber_fang - Jun 23, 2015

0 by Saber_fang »»
Jun 23, 2015 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.