Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 4, 2013 2:54 PM

Dec 2012
waalex11 said:
One Punch Man is fucking overrated, its disgusting. I really don't know how people can enjoy that shit.

Disgusting? how?
Dec 5, 2013 12:19 AM

Mar 2012
Masamune-kun no Revenge is underrated.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 5, 2013 9:16 AM

Apr 2012
Drugzy said:
bunny_lover said:
Freezing ... Really?!

Yep, I know it is a biased opinion but Freezing really pissed me off and I don't understand how people like it.

Actually. I misread your post. I thought you posted freezing on underrated section.

I totally agree with you actually. I thought it sucked, without a coherent plot line and solely win its fan base on fan-service.

And... the characters are bland as well.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 5, 2013 9:18 AM

Apr 2012
NeoAnkara said:

being ranked #1604 after only 8 chapters is actually no small feat. You can't expect a lot of people to give it high ranks only after a few chapters. Users usually reserve scores until it is apparent something is excellent/bad.

痛就是爱
Dec 5, 2013 10:52 AM

Dec 2011
Objectively the most overrated manga is Dorohedoro. Why? Because the score would be 0.06 lower were it not for this one score manipulator. Meaning it would be ranked about 65th instead of 42nd.

If that doesn't make something overrated, I don't know what does.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 5, 2013 8:44 PM

Apr 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Objectively the most overrated manga is Dorohedoro. Why? Because the score would be 0.06 lower were it not for this one score manipulator. Meaning it would be ranked about 65th instead of 42nd.

Do you mean that all the accounts you posted are from one person?

If not I don't see how the score is manipulated?

痛就是爱
Dec 6, 2013 1:34 AM

Dec 2011
bunny_lover said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

Do you mean that all the accounts you posted are from one person?

If not I don't see how the score is manipulated?

Either one person or a single, small, organised group of people working in unison in a deliberate attempt to manipulate stats.

Every single one of those accounts has:
20 or fewer manga on their list (usually either one or four)
Dorohedoro as one of them, with between 110 and 123 chapters marked as read and a score of 9 or 10
Every series given a score but no scores on the list between 4 and 7, with 3s and 8s being extremely rare. And any series in their list will either always be given a score of 1-3 on every account or a score of 8-10 on every account.
No plan to watch or plan to read list.
No forum posts or comments
No "about me" section
No manga favourites from outside a group of just 6 series
If they have any manga favourites then it will include Dorohedoro (this one has one exception from the entire list).
Usually between 20 and 40 anime on their list, usually from the same 60 or so series (this latter figure is a guesstimate)
All are accounts created within the last 6 months (plus a couple of days), and all set their reading figure for Dorohedoro within a week and have not changed it since.
Older ones of the accounts that have logged back in almost always have done so to add Pandora Hearts to their reading list and manga favourites.
No more than one anime favourite from outside a group of just 7 series.
If they have any anime favourites then it will include at least one of the Higurashi series and usually Angel Beats as well. Except for a small handful that feature only Pico x CoCo x Chico instead
Favourite characters list which usually includes most of the following:
Nico Robin
Kousaka Kirino
Ryuuguu Rena
Furude Rika
Light Yagami

Saber, Hanyuu, Otonashi Yuzuru and Lelouch Lamperouge show up a lot as well, and there are quite a few that have all 9 of these characters on their favourites list, as well as the group making up almost half the favourites of CoCo out of all users on the entire site.

And there are 123 of them.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 6, 2013 1:46 AM

Mar 2012
bunny_lover said:
NeoAnkara said:

being ranked #1604 after only 8 chapters is actually no small feat. You can't expect a lot of people to give it high ranks only after a few chapters. Users usually reserve scores until it is apparent something is excellent/bad.
As of now it is 9.5 chapter that's out. Leaving that aside it still under 1500 mark so I still feel it underrated.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 6, 2013 1:47 AM
Mar 2011
80% of all Josei manga
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Dec 9, 2013 7:59 PM

Jan 2011
bunny_lover said:
Actually. I misread your post. I thought you posted freezing on underrated section.

I totally agree with you actually. I thought it sucked, without a coherent plot line and solely win its fan base on fan-service.

And... the characters are bland as well.

Among other faults ^^

kuuderes_shadow said:

So, Dorohedoro is even more underrated than I suspected!!?
Dec 9, 2013 8:24 PM

Dec 2009
One-Punch Man is overrated.

Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa in my opinion is slightly underrated.
Kimi wa Girlfriend slightly underrated as well maybe.
Let's be Perverts is overrated because its horrible.
Mukuchi na Bakemono wa Yoru ni Naku, overrated, its bad.
NG Life is slightly underrated, it's... one of the best of all time romance manga's ever.
Tokage no Ou is overrated, its fucking stupid.
Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan: Totteoki no Uso is pretty bad, its overrated.

Sankarea is somewhat overrated because of its lack of unsuccessful potential. Great story but could of been better, especially because of its characters.
Dec 9, 2013 8:33 PM

Dec 2009
Snuffaluffagus said:
Overrated :
The Breaker
Are you fucking serious? It's not even in the 9 or 10's and it deserves its place of a general 8/10 rating. You're blind.

tsudecimo said:
waalex11 said:
One Punch Man is fucking overrated, its disgusting. I really don't know how people can enjoy that shit.

Disgusting? how?
How can someone like an already dislikable super hero from his looks and ridiculous op'd strength?
Dec 9, 2013 8:33 PM
Aug 2012
Overrated:

Naruto
One Piece (don't get me wrong, I rather enjoy One Piece)
...and other big shounen names...
Berserk

With the easy explanation that people follow them religiously and disregard any and all flaws that the mangas may or may not have.

Dengeki Daisy(Can't really pinpoint the reasons without pissing off some fans, but in my opinion, it's pretty overrated.)

Blood Lad(From what I've seen has heavy influence from other manga, and just doesn't do it as well as it's counterparts. Not a bad manga by any means, but the 8 score doesn't sit right with me.)

Noblesse(While I do see it as overrated, it's hard not to like this Manhwa.)

Underrated:

It's hard for me to name these because most of the manga that I like are rated pretty (for the most part) accurately and this is all opinion based any ways.

Akame ga Kill (instead of being under "rated", I just kind of wish for this manga to get more exposure than it currently has.)

Six Half (really good at playing out it's drama, and getting you immersed in it. While, not sure if the score is suitable or not [because it's not finished]. It definitely could use some more viewers.)

Switch Girl (So far really enjoyable, and it's kind of fun to see things from the girls point of view.)

OK, I could go on and on, but I'm going to stop myself here.
Don't take any thing I said to heart and try to start a flame war with me, I won't reply. Laters.
deagosaneDec 9, 2013 8:41 PM
Dec 9, 2013 8:38 PM

Dec 2009
Sweet_Love said:
Harutora said:
Overrated:
Onani Master Kurosawa

Are you high?

I'd agree with that. Admittedly, OMK isn't as widely known but those who keep to it are practically fanatics. It was a good story, especially consideirng its doujin status, but it wasn't a masterpiece as many are liable to claim.
I also think that guy is high.

Drugzy said:
bunny_lover said:
Freezing ... Really?!

Yep, I know it is a biased opinion but Freezing really pissed me off and I don't understand how people like it.
Same here, its ugly to watch. A pussy character making a super hot strong girl insecure instantly? Wtf.
Dec 9, 2013 8:56 PM

Apr 2012
waalex11 said:

NG Life is slightly underrated, it's... one of the best of all time romance manga's ever.
Usotsuki Mii-kun to Kowareta Maa-chan: Totteoki no Uso is pretty bad, its overrated.

Sankarea is somewhat overrated because of its lack of unsuccessful potential. Great story but could of been better, especially because of its characters.

Never even heard of these underrated manga...

deagosane said:

Akame ga Kill (instead of being under "rated", I just kind of wish for this manga to get more exposure than it currently has.)

Hmmm. I think you just raised a fair point. A lot of manga are under-exposed (or over-exposed) without being underrated. This might be my next thread.

waalex11 said:

TRUE!

痛就是爱
Dec 9, 2013 9:04 PM
Aug 2012
bunny_lover said:
waalex11 said:

Never even heard of these underrated manga...

deagosane said:

Hmmm. I think you just raised a fair point. A lot of manga are under-exposed (or over-exposed) without being underrated. This might be my next thread.

waalex11 said:

TRUE!

Yeah, I would consider exposure a bigger problem than the ratings themselves. But there are so many manga, of course not all of them are going to get the attention they deserve.
Dec 9, 2013 9:08 PM

Dec 2009
@bunny_lover

Yeah they're not really popular, though NG Life would be strongest and Sankarea the most known out of all them. Lol.
Dec 12, 2013 10:21 PM

Feb 2013
overrated:
sword art online
trigun
vampre knight
the breaker
shakugan no shana
THE MOE GENRE
K-ON and LUCKY STAR (i put them seperately cuz even in the moe genre they're in a class of their own)

underrated:
Claymore
K project
Dec 16, 2013 12:00 AM

Nov 2012
Overrated:
YuYu Hakusho
Gantz
The Breaker
Fairy Tail
Toriko
Elfen Lied
Trigun
Shingeki no Kyojin
Dragon Ball Z
Fist of the North Star

Underrated:
Silver Spoon
Kuroko no Basket
Shaman King
Hunter x Hunter

Dec 16, 2013 1:13 AM

Dec 2011
Sweet_Love said:
Harutora said:
taketori said:
Overrated:
BLAME!
Annarasumanara
Onani Master Kurosawa

Underrated:
Nichijou

Overrated:
Onani Master Kurosawa

Are you high?

I'd agree with that. Admittedly, OMK isn't as widely known but those who keep to it are practically fanatics. It was a good story, especially consideirng its doujin status, but it wasn't a masterpiece as many are liable to claim.

I must be a fanatic then. OMK is an amazing story and offers so much more than anyone could expect.

Underrated:
Yokohoma Shopping Log
Ryuguden
Kisshou Tennyo (This one especially. Even if I haven't finished it yet, there is just so much in this manga. I would give it the level of a masterpiece, so far.)

Overrrated:
Gantz (The art is amazing, but there are so many plot holes it's practically swiss cheese. Delish.)
Hibi Chouchou (I'm being biased, but I really don't like this manga.)
Houou Gakuen Misoragumi
Dec 16, 2013 1:17 AM

Dec 2011
NoSurrender1690 said:
80% of all Josei manga

True. Even with all the yaoi-josei manga, a lot of josei manga are severely underrated.
Dec 16, 2013 9:16 AM

Sep 2013
Shingeki no Kyojin (attack on titan) is overrated, mediocre art, you can barely tell who's who.
When no fighting or death is involved it's slow and tiring to read.

Underrated - One punch man, comedy and action.
Toriko, adventure and action.
Both need to have higher sales.
Dec 16, 2013 9:25 AM

Sep 2013
one piece is the most overrated manga in the history of manga. it will have it downfall soon enough.
Dec 16, 2013 4:43 PM
Nov 2012
Underrated:
Ibitsu
Dec 17, 2013 7:46 PM

Jun 2011
sebrina8 said:
one piece is the most overrated manga in the history of manga. it will have it downfall soon enough.

Says the person who is still trashing in One Piece discussion thread after 732 chapters. Goodluck with your real life.

NeinGesicht said:
Underrated:
Ibitsu

Have to agree, that's one great horror manga, and really crazy too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 17, 2013 8:52 PM

Apr 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
NeinGesicht said:
Underrated:
Ibitsu

Have to agree, that's one great horror manga, and really crazy too.

I know what I am gonna read now.

Edit: I am one chapter in now, and I am already feeling the creeps and urge to finish. Now is 12:00 midnight and I have a linear algebra exam at 9am tomorrow. If I didn't get enough sleep and don't do well on the exam, it's all your fault -_-
bunny1ov3rDec 17, 2013 9:09 PM

痛就是爱
Dec 17, 2013 8:57 PM
Mar 2011
under rated
every thing by
nagai
Tezuka
Kajiwara
24 gumi
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Dec 18, 2013 7:03 AM

May 2011
Overrated:
Fairy tail
Bleach
Both of them rock at most every manga side as seconde or third.

Underrated:
Parasyte
Solanin
Historie
''I was dead serious''

May 3, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2013
Bumping...

Haruhi light novels are extremely overrated. I bought the first three and the way the author writes pisses me off. Uses weird ass metaphors all the time.
May 3, 2014 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
Psycome LN is underrated. It need more love.
May 3, 2014 7:37 PM
Mar 2011
id say around 60% of all ,amgain the db i underrated there is over 200 manga with under 1o llsted members there is over 1000 with under 200 listed members

May 3, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 2013
Underrated:
Nijigahara Holograph

Overrated:
Chikan Otoko
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 3, 2014 8:46 PM

Jun 2012
Underrated: None.

Overrated: None.
May 3, 2014 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:

Kind hearted soul.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

May 3, 2014 9:13 PM

Jan 2013
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is underrated because it should be first.

I would actually say all of these are underrated because they're each lesser known works from their respective mangaka that are still really great:
Gogo Monster
Samurai Executioner
Nijigahara Holograph
Kabu no Isaki
May 3, 2014 10:11 PM

Jan 2013
Romario3210 said:
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is underrated because it should be first.

Amen to that.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

May 4, 2014 1:09 AM

Dec 2012
Cupquake said:
Bumping...

Haruhi light novels are extremely overrated. I bought the first three and the way the author writes pisses me off. Uses weird ass metaphors all the time.

Care to post examples? I think I read someone else say something similar.
May 4, 2014 1:15 AM

Oct 2013
Oyasumi Punpun is 6 places underrated in the top manga page

Umibe No Onnanoko is an awesome romance/smut with very few readers

Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan is overrated as fuck
May 4, 2014 1:26 AM

Oct 2013
orithyea said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
I agree, although I won't deny that it was enjoyable. I gave it a 7.
Yep, it wasn't bad but it could be better developed and with a better art, people give the "feels factor" too much credit
May 4, 2014 1:29 AM

Mar 2012
UQ Holder is underrated.
May 7, 2014 6:45 PM

Oct 2013
Overrated : Fairy Tail, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece
Underrated : Noragami, Blood Lad, Once Again
May 8, 2014 5:47 PM

Dec 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:

True. Rating is generally always based on opinion and not done objectively. People can feel differently for the same series.
May 8, 2014 6:25 PM
Mar 2011
ay around 60% of all Manga the db i underrated there is over 200 manga with under 1o llsted members there is over 1000* with under 200 listed members

* 1521 to be precise that is not incudng hentai manga

May 8, 2014 6:34 PM

Dec 2012
Overrated: Berserk, One Piece, Chikan Otoko (only because it's rated higher than OMK), Shingeki no Kyojin, The Breaker.

Underraed: Sakuranbo Syndrome
May 8, 2014 8:09 PM

Dec 2013
Overrated: KHR, Bleach and Naruto

Underrated: Noragami, Noblesse.

My opinion of course. ^^
May 8, 2014 8:10 PM

Apr 2013
Anorexia: Shikabane Hanako wa Kyoshokushou is underrated

I'm not going to pretend that it's amazing, or even that good, but it's a fun series. Less than 7 rating is way too sad.

tsudecimo said:
Chikan Otoko (only because it's rated higher than OMK)

Underraed: Sakuranbo Syndrome

So much agree I found OMK to be vastly superior
May 8, 2014 8:34 PM

Apr 2012
ohtojoi said:
Overrated : Fairy Tail, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece
Underrated : Noragami, Blood Lad, Once Again
Lots focus on overrated/underrated (relative to MAL ranking) and not on over-exposed/under-exposed please.

痛就是爱
May 8, 2014 8:42 PM

Apr 2013
UnoPuntoCinco said:
orithyea said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
I agree, although I won't deny that it was enjoyable. I gave it a 7.
Yep, it wasn't bad but it could be better developed and with a better art, people give the "feels factor" too much credit

Same, 7/10 score. it was really nice and has some great twists, but overall it didn't impress me too much.
May 9, 2014 2:08 PM

Nov 2013
Well I just finished reading No.6 and to be honest it's kind of overrated. For a Josei type novel, I thought it would be much better, but some of the writing was mediocre. It was a solid 6/10 IMO, but that 8+ rating is inflated.
May 10, 2014 12:15 AM
Oct 2013
Overrated:

Bleach (It lacks the dialogue and becomes boring.)

Fairy Tail (Even though it is generally good there is many pieces that can surpass it.)

Underrated

Assassination Classroom (Even though the plot is so simple, it always amazes me somehow.)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

16 by PushedCaraway »»
15 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1056 by Francis_0 »»
40 minutes ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

377 by Nissy »»
49 minutes ago

» When will be the next chapter of One punch Man released ?

MagrMal - Apr 23

3 by GudBoy »»
3 hours ago

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

67 by rurina-chan »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.