Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 12, 2012 2:20 AM

Oct 2010
By the way, does anyone notice the ED?

Episode 18

Episode 19

It's in sequences.
Very nice, a picnic party with Seirin, Kaijou, Shuutoku and Touou. I wanna be there :D
Reim_SeranthAug 13, 2012 10:30 AM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Aug 12, 2012 2:35 AM

Jul 2010
wishbook said:

Episode 18

Episode 19

It's in sequences.
Very nice, a picnic party with Seirin, Kaijou and Touou. I wanna be there :D

Yea i noticed the change too.
Aug 12, 2012 3:02 AM

Jan 2012
The first half was so depressing....
Aug 12, 2012 3:04 AM

Sep 2008
And that's how you make a good atmosphere. Keep on show, keep on.
Aug 12, 2012 3:09 AM

Oct 2010
nina4life said:
And that's how you make a good atmosphere. Keep on show, keep on.

I hope next episode will be as good as this one.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Aug 12, 2012 3:19 AM

Jun 2009
burningflamex2 said:
The first half was so depressing....

Yes :/

Aomine earned my respect by defending Seirin tho.
Aug 12, 2012 3:20 AM

Jul 2010
The improvements made to the OP were nice but the animation was kinda off this episode. Hopefully the one-on-one between Kagami and Teppei next week makes up for the slight drop in quality, I can't wait to watch Teppei play! He's a very refreshing addition to the cast and it looks like he'll be pulling Kagami out of his slump soon.

And poor Kuroko, let down by Aomine first and now by Kagami. :( Tetsu no. 2 was so adorable this episode though... I really hope a second season is announced at the end of the series.
Aug 12, 2012 5:01 AM
Mar 2012
Katagari said:
Aww such a sad and pathetic Kuroko is almost depressing...

Forest-kun said:
Poor kid, though. Kuroko doesn't seem to be that good at keeping friends, does he?
This. Poor Kuroko.

What's up with all the manga Teppei fangirls here?

Anyway, I think it's OK that they lost. As much as everyone loves the underdogs, you can't just start and be the champion. It was getting annoying already how they got "more amazing" with every game.
Aug 12, 2012 5:08 AM
Dec 2011
Lolizilla said:
He learned how to play card games!

LOL'd at this XD
Aug 12, 2012 5:59 AM

Aug 2011
I was looking forward to Teppei's appearance! I've really come to like the guy while reading the manga :) Love his personality~

Am I the only one who expected his voice to sound like that? :O xD
Aug 12, 2012 6:15 AM

Oct 2009
The part when aomine defending Kuroko was damn cool. I kinda like him after that part.
Kagami and kuroko in a deprssesed state is hard to see. Hope teppei would somehow lift up their problems and bring them together. XD

Aug 12, 2012 6:51 AM
Jun 2009
wishbook said:

Episode 18

Episode 19

It's in sequences.

You forgot about Midorin team, Shuutoku.

Takao and Mirodima are there too. XD

(^_^)
Aug 12, 2012 8:09 AM

Apr 2011
Kiyoshi Teppei is somewhat weird but cool! i was shocked when he was introducing himself in the way of singing. hahaha!
I'm so excited for the next episode...

Aug 12, 2012 8:11 AM

Apr 2011
wishbook said:

Episode 18

Episode 19

It's in sequences.

I think they're making a story line :)

Aug 12, 2012 8:26 AM

Oct 2010
Aomine getting pissed at his teammate for badmouthing Kuroko.

Teppei finally here.

I love this show so much.
[insert awesome signature here]
Aug 12, 2012 11:22 AM

Mar 2011
I think kuroko no basket will have a second season :l because they can't finish it in 26 episodes I think unless they cancel out a lot of stuff
Aug 12, 2012 12:51 PM

Jan 2011
Best episode so far, I was surprised when Aomine defended Kuroko.
They're aiming for the winter cup now, but there's now way that'll fit in the remaining 7 episodes so I guess we'll get a second season.
And the best thing was a new character, he seems to be a happy guy who's... stupid.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 12, 2012 1:44 PM

Jul 2010
This Teppei guy is hilarious xD.His jokes are so...not funny but funny lmao.Too bad he showed up 6-7 episodes before anime ends.
Kagami should finally understand that he cant do anything by himself, and i hope Teppei will prove he is wrong in next episode.

5/5 though quality of 2 last episodes is really bad.
incompleteAEGISAug 12, 2012 2:30 PM
Aug 12, 2012 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
Loved the ep and Kiyoshi seems interesting.. i Hope that kuroko develops his game and starts shooting more!
Aug 12, 2012 3:28 PM

Apr 2008
Teppei seems interesting.
Going to be awesome watching them train for this cup and playing it.

Aug 12, 2012 4:39 PM

Jul 2009
Mm, OK episode. Teppei is certainly interesting ... not what I expected at all o_O I totally agree, he's weird XD
They lose and then lose their other games too. Kagami and Kuroko aren't up to par. Got excited about seeing more Kise ... but ... well, it didn't amount to anything after all D:
Teppei talks to Kuroko about not limiting himself ... think it's good he wants to practice his shooting though. It's always more of a threat if the "passer" is equally dangerous at scoring (of course, I only know this with my hockey knowledge lol).
Another thing ... I always thought the quarters were 10 minutes because they were in high school but apparently they are 10 minutes internationally. Guess my NBA knowledge isn't always right after all :P
Teppei vs. Kagami one on one should be interesting to watch next episode :O
Aug 13, 2012 1:27 AM

Mar 2009
Teppei's cool.

With only a couple of episodes left, will they be able to make it to this Winter Tournament? I wouldn't mind another season.
Aug 13, 2012 1:36 AM

Jan 2008
My eyes hurt sometimes looking at the shift in charas eyes. More noticeable with Seiren's coach pair of eyes. Some angles seem distorted. This is like in Area no Kishi. It seems another illustrator(s) this time. This reminds me of Hanasakeru Seishounen with the shift in illustration. Hey, bring back the former illustrators.
LieilaAug 13, 2012 1:49 AM
Aug 13, 2012 2:35 AM

May 2010
Teppei sure is interesting but he is weird as well.
Aug 13, 2012 5:03 AM

Jul 2011
special-secret said:
it's funny how i have already heard the line "even though we lost inter-high, we will aim for the winter cup!".... (something along the line) from 'Area no Kishi'.....

not only...Eyeshield 21 too and many others sport animes...THIS IS SOOOOO CLICHE

That part when Aomine was angry with his teammate not surprised me at all, but Momoi remained silent and don't said nothing when that guy started to say a lot of shit about Kuroko really pissed me off, I mean wtf, she likes Kuroko and she just stayed there without saying anything, cowardly bitch! -.-'

Teppei is really a nice guy and now is when the real games will begin!
Aug 13, 2012 5:24 AM

Nov 2009
aiNkyy said:
special-secret said:

That part when Aomine was angry with his teammate not surprised me at all, but Momoi remained silent and don't said nothing when that guy started to say a lot of shit about Kuroko really pissed me off, I mean wtf, she likes Kuroko and she just stayed there without saying anything, cowardly bitch! -.-'

Hmm.. I wonder what she should say: Stop it! I love Kuroko, he is the best! ;D
Don't think she should say smth cz she is the coach of this team not Kuroko's.
Aug 13, 2012 5:43 AM

Jul 2011
K3ntaro said:
aiNkyy said:
special-secret said:

Hmm.. I wonder what she should say: Stop it! I love Kuroko, he is the best! ;D
Don't think she should say smth cz she is the coach of this team not Kuroko's.

She is the manager not coach, btw why not ? >.< That guy was seriously offend Kuroko and Momoi had to protect him if she really cares about him but I doubt it.
Aug 13, 2012 6:17 AM

Nov 2009
aiNkyy said:
K3ntaro said:
aiNkyy said:
special-secret said:

She is the manager not coach, btw why not ? >.< That guy was seriously offend Kuroko and Momoi had to protect him if she really cares about him but I doubt it.

But what should she say? It would be at least weird if she said smth. I think she shouldn't cz Aomine did..
And I don't like her. So I'm glad that she appears and talks very seldom. ^__^
Aug 13, 2012 6:46 AM

Jul 2011
K3ntaro said:
But what should she say? It would be at least weird if she said smth. I think she shouldn't cz Aomine did..

She should say to him "shut up and dont' talk about my little Kuroko or I'll put up that ball up in your ***..." nah joke =P
but something like this "he can play much better than he did today btw he is still far better than any in here except Aomine-kun!"
Aug 13, 2012 6:49 AM

Nov 2009
aiNkyy said:
K3ntaro said:

She should say to him "shut up and dont' talk about my little Kuroko or I'll put up that ball up in your ***..." nah joke =P
but something like this "he can play much better than he did today btw he is still far better than any in here except Aomine-kun!"

It would look stupid.. don't u think?

No girls in men fight! ^_^
K3ntaroAug 13, 2012 6:57 AM
Aug 13, 2012 7:30 AM
Feb 2012
Momoi Satsuki gets no love.
I like her.

People were saying they didn't expect Teppei to sound like that, but for me that was actually what I was expecting him to sound like.
Since he acts kind of stupid sometimes, which he's not.
If that makes sense.
Aug 13, 2012 8:18 AM

Jan 2010
ElenirLachlagos said:
Katagari said:
Aww such a sad and pathetic Kuroko is almost depressing...

Forest-kun said:
Poor kid, though. Kuroko doesn't seem to be that good at keeping friends, does he?

This. Poor Kuroko.

mte. Poor bby. I watched half the episode with a woeful face.

Also, Aomine standing up for Kuroko pleased me so much dsadfasf.
Aug 13, 2012 10:31 AM

Oct 2010
mai_06 said:
wishbook said:

Episode 18

Episode 19

It's in sequences.

You forgot about Midorin team, Shuutoku.

Takao and Mirodima are there too. XD

(^_^)

Yeah I forgot...

wishbook said:

Episode 18

Episode 19

It's in sequences.
Very nice, a picnic party with Seirin, Kaijou, Shuutoku and Touou. I wanna be there :D

there :D

Aug 13, 2012 11:14 AM

Oct 2010
aiNkyy said:
K3ntaro said:

Maybe Momoi isn't very good at interacting with people (unless her close friends). In the flashback, before Kuroko shows up and gave her a winner stick, she's looking at a group of students while thinking that it must be nice to hang out with friends eating Popsicle together. Looks like she didn't have that many friends to hang out with, and isn't good at socializing although she's popular.

Or maybe she was thinking about Kuroko at that time. Either way, I think Momoi's not the type to interrupt people. It doesn't sync well with her calm, intelligent, well-mannered character.

Lieila said:
My eyes hurt sometimes looking at the shift in charas eyes. More noticeable with Seiren's coach pair of eyes. Some angles seem distorted. This is like in Area no Kishi. It seems another illustrator(s) this time. This reminds me of Hanasakeru Seishounen with the shift in illustration. Hey, bring back the former illustrators.

By now I've also noticed some frames that's drawn by the same artist.
Kuroko's pose and face while blocking Sakurai in episode 16 (14:54) looks exactly like Mitobe when he's blocking opponents in earlier episodes. Most common mistake: the mouth looks like a sharp :(, nearer to the chin.
There's one artist who draws thicker eye-line than the others. He/she's the one who draws Momoi (example 4:04), Riko (example 19:04), and Kise in this episode, also Kise in 6:44 of episode 3. Most common mistake: the top eyelashes are way too thick.
The best artist uses a lot of line-shadowing, he's in charge of 'good scenes' like Kagami in episode 1, Aomine in episode 17 and some of Kiyoshi's faces in episode 19 (mainly the close-up ones). Basically there's two main artists in charge of Kiyoshi, the easiest way to distinguish them is to notice Kiyoshi's hair. The better one made it longer while the other made it shorter and parting it to 5:5.
The artist in charge of Kasamatsu at 7:06 failed to distinguish between Hyuuga's face features with Kasamatsu's. He's probably in charge of Hyuuga at episode 18. Most common mistake: pupils are too small while eye are too wide.
etc etc etc. The list goes on but it's probably pointless :D. It's just to point out some faces that will most likely to "appear" again in the next episodes.
Reim_SeranthAug 13, 2012 11:23 AM

Aug 14, 2012 1:38 PM

Nov 2009
wishbook said:
It doesn't sync well with her calm, intelligent, well-mannered character.

Hmm.. I don't quite agree about calm and well-mannered ;>
Aug 14, 2012 2:48 PM

May 2011
Lolizilla said:
He learned how to play card games!

On motorcycles.

“Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short and wear shirts and boots because it’s okay to be a boy; for girls it’s like promotion. But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, according to you, because secretly you believe that being a girl is degrading.”—Ian McEwan, The Cement Garden (1978)
Aug 15, 2012 3:03 AM
May 2012
I got a bad feeling about this...

It seems that this show is goin to an end I mean it's only 5/6 eps left & it's running out of plots & stories...
Aug 15, 2012 8:06 AM
Feb 2012
JeffreyZin said:
It seems that this show is goin to an end I mean it's only 5/6 eps left & it's running out of plots & stories...

K WHAT.
After what happened in this episode there's still like 130 chapters in the manga left.
The plots & stories are just getting started...
Aug 15, 2012 8:33 AM
Mar 2010
people, stop worrying. do you know that the first volume of the anime has already sold nearly 20k?
and do you know that the manga sales DOUBLED after the anime? And the character songs did well? And that the novels are selling well?

We'll be getting a second season for sure.

(Unless I.G is stupid enough to let go of this cash cow)
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 15, 2012 2:52 PM

Nov 2011
im loving teppei <3
nyaroSep 2, 2017 5:34 PM
Aug 15, 2012 7:53 PM

Nov 2007
What I like about this series is that it's realistic. Everybody loses once in a while.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 16, 2012 12:20 AM

Oct 2010
phoenixalia said:
people, stop worrying. do you know that the first volume of the anime has already sold nearly 20k?
and do you know that the manga sales DOUBLED after the anime? And the character songs did well? And that the novels are selling well?

We'll be getting a second season for sure.

(Unless I.G is stupid enough to let go of this cash cow)

I think Touou arc will be better off as an anime movie though, it's so damn long it could eat up half a season.

Aug 16, 2012 9:01 AM

Jul 2011
Vizard said:
What I like about this series is that it's realistic. Everybody loses once in a while.

Realistic?! LMAO
Aug 16, 2012 10:08 PM

Dec 2011
Teppei finally appeared! Woohoo!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2012 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
This ep was great! Aomine getting angry fir Kuroko shows that he respects and cares for him. I was upset with how he talked to Kuroko the other ep but it probably was because he cared.
I haven't read the manga and I can see now why people made so much fuss about Teppei. I was excited to get to know his character and still am but obviously he's something! And so funny!
Kuroko please recover soooon.
Aug 18, 2012 12:25 PM

Mar 2012
I don't get why Teppei didn't lose that one-on-one on purpose, while everyone thougt so
LOL playing with indoor shoes
then that practice game with the first years, their opponents were funny ^^
also didn't expect the first years would win

Hyuga and Kuroko moment was LOL suddenly Kuroko appears, Hyuga: WAAH! brilliant moment

Kuroko and Kagami moment: it sounded like a confession to me >.<
well I hope Kuroko's new style will come soon, can't wait to see it

I think next ep summer trip will be crazy
Omg Riko is covered in blood (did she cook?)
Aug 18, 2012 11:40 PM
Nov 2010
Hmm, pretty good. That Teppei guy seems fun and will probably knock back some sense into Kagami and Kuroko.
I also liked how Aomine reacted to the guy who was talking bad of Kuroko.
Aug 19, 2012 9:57 AM
May 2012
Poor Kagami and Kuroko. Poor Seirin ... back to square one again ... I hope the old asset of Seirin can reestablish the development team. u.u
Sep 1, 2012 8:36 AM

Feb 2009
It's frustrating to watch Kagami acting like that, he's just becoming like Aomine although he can't stand that guy. I'm feeling sorry for Kuroko too... I hope Kagami gets back to his normal self soon so the team can be a real team again, with Teppei! I'm excited about Teppei, I want to see what he can do and how he'll be good for the team.
Sep 4, 2012 10:18 PM
Jun 2012
isn't it a tad too late to introduce number 7?? unless this anime will go beyond 25+ episodes?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

363 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

245 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Sep 8, 2012

116 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fiji - Sep 1, 2012

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 2, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Itami - Aug 25, 2012

111 by removed-user »»
Apr 1, 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.