MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

What do you girls think about Harem anime?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» What do you girls think about Harem anime?

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
08-08-12, 8:16 PM

As a guy, I think reverse harem is okay as long as its not exaggerated to a terrible state.
Modified by depapepe112, 08-09-12, 7:19 AM

08-08-12, 8:17 PM

It gets boring after 2 episodes(usually)

08-08-12, 8:20 PM

They're not really my cup of tea. Most of them are generally predictable with a brainless make lead and a bunch of stereotyped girls. There are some rare gems in them. I don't like all the fanservice and naive minds that all the characters have though.

They're less enjoyable for me probably because they usually rely on fanservice, which being a girl irritates, not entertains me.
Ghostony said:
Just did a quick skim.. Mahou Shojo is targeted to pedophile muslim extremists that live in california

08-08-12, 8:21 PM

I usually hate Harem anime, especially when all the girls get extremely slutty over one guy. OHHC didn't really appeal to me either, because the guys were acting like girls.

08-08-12, 8:24 PM

I can put up with them, since they're so common, but they're not something I overly enjoy. Sometimes they're well done, but most of the time it's just a bunch of fanservice and cliched love comedy.

It's just too unrealistic and predictable to be entertaining most of the time. If I end up caring at all about the characters, they irritate and annoy me.

If there's a harem, the show had better have something else, like hillarious comedy or intense drama, to compensate for its lack of entertainment.

08-08-12, 8:28 PM

What do you guys think about Reverse Harem anime?

Very shitty and Ouran Manwhore Brothel is top of that shit-fest!
"Fujioshis are the second biggest hypocrites after politicians"
NK_500 -- Circa 2010

08-08-12, 8:29 PM

smooched said:
OHHC didn't really appeal to me either, because the guys were acting like girls.

It didn't appeal to me because it was boring, but I'm a guy so my opinion doesn't matter in this thread.

08-08-12, 8:29 PM

NK_500 said:
What do you guys think about Reverse Harem anime?

Very shitty and Ouran Manwhore Brothel is top of that shit-fest!

I like the way you think.

08-08-12, 8:33 PM

the funny thing about reverse harem is, fans/fujoshi tend to support yaoi couple than support actual main girl with a boy from boys group...

08-08-12, 8:38 PM

I thought someone would never ask. XD

As a girl, I like Reverse Harem way more than "regular" Harem. Because most harem has ecchi in it. I don't think I've seen a harem anime where it doesn't have fanservice in it (Yeah, I'm talking to you, Love Hina!).

08-08-12, 8:39 PM

Im no girl but harems are the shit yo.

Reverse harems i dont really like, too much testosterone, nah mean.

08-08-12, 8:44 PM

Shuhan said:

dunno your comment is a sarcasm or not.
but your sig, avatar, profile pic, fav anime, fav characters. Most of them are from harem things

08-08-12, 8:46 PM

Honestly, if they don't have an overkill of ecchi and fanservice *glares at most harem anime* and if the characters aren't horrible and stupid *glares at again most harem anime*, then sure, it's fine with me. I just hate it when in, like most harems, the girls always seem to gain up on the guy for the stupidest things. That irritates me SOOOO much. (-___-)
As for reverse harems, I don't find them appealing in the slightest. If it has a good story, characters, and humor, then okay. But, most reverse harems seem to have guys act like girls and be all stupid or whatever. I don't know why they even make reverse harems, honestly. But, whatever. I'm sure someone likes them. I just think they're a waste of my time.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/esnj7q.jpg[/img]

08-08-12, 8:46 PM

IZUMI64 said:
Shuhan said:

but your sig, avatar, profile pic, fav anime, fav characters. Most of them are from harem things

THE SHIT =/= shit. :P

08-08-12, 8:48 PM

smooched said:
IZUMI64 said:
Shuhan said:

oh, I got it now :slowpoke

08-08-12, 8:49 PM

smooched said:
IZUMI64 said:
Shuhan said:

This.

I guess i wasnt clear enough, i enjoy harems, as you can tell.

08-08-12, 9:06 PM

As to be expect, no girl really likes harems.

Well, as a guy, I like harems, but I can see why most people don't like them. They usually involve weak plot, stupid or naive characters, and fanservice. I see harems as more of an escape from the serious and more depressing anime that I tend to watch, but not as a genre that I couldn't live without.

Now, as for reverse harems, the only one I could sit through was OHHC, and even on this one I kept wondering "Why am I watching this?"

I know this is meant for a reaction from girls, but... U-urusai, it's not like I care if you read this or not, kono baka! (No harem is complete without a tsundere. :P)
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

08-08-12, 9:51 PM

I like harems, but I like ecchi, so...
The only reverse harem I've seen is OHHC and, well, I loved it but felt embarrassed by all the fanservice... *cough*medicalexam*cough*.

08-08-12, 9:53 PM
Forum Moderator
I do not mind them. Sometimes I find harems that are really unique or exciting in their own way. I am all about balance when I am watching several anime at once and sometimes a harem is the perfect way to balance out a really talkative anime.
Have a question about something on mal? http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516059
See a problem? report it! http://myanimelist.net/modules.php?go=report

08-08-12, 10:22 PM

smooched said:
I usually hate Harem anime, especially when all the girls get extremely slutty over one guy.
This.

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices