Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Sep 17, 2016 9:37 AM
May 2013
Those secrets are one of the main reasons I watch this now lol.
Anyway it was good .
Nov 10, 2016 9:23 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
That ending confession XDDD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 13, 2016 9:23 PM

Dec 2013
Drama is starting feel a bit rushed with this episode. Taichi being a constant white knight is getting a bit annoying as well.

Ending confessing made me laugh. Inaba's smug smile was glorious.
Dec 22, 2016 5:01 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 04 - Conflicting Fellings:

"the problem with selfless freaks is that everyone starts falling for them" (Inaba-Kokoro Connect) Well you are one to talk Inaba,
"Don't forget that kindness can hurt people too" (Inaban) that wisdom. She seems like have some type of conflict with Taichi.

"I won't let that happen! no matter what happens...no matter who you pretend to be...i'll always know who you are." (Taichi) Way to go Taichi, he is really the hero type.

"But that part of you is fine by me...I'm sad that you"ll never be able to trust me, but you don't need to change yourself because of that" (Taichi) great speech.

"Are you trying to make me fall to you too?" (Inaba) well you itself say that everyone start falling for the selfless freak type of guy.

The final confession...you are a lucky man Taichi.

5/5
Feb 15, 2017 11:19 AM
Jan 2016
Definetly better than last episode
Iori is becoming my favorite character of this anime and i'm rooting for her with Taichi cz i can't really see Inaban with Taichi
Loved the way Iori was developed and like how she's afraid that her true personality is slowly fading away
Liked the way they do the preview
Apr 23, 2017 8:20 PM

May 2010
Wow, what a disgusting, sloppy little cunt.

That's why I always refer to her as "Hornycunt Inabitch" lol.
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Jun 6, 2017 6:39 PM

Sep 2013
Wow...the teenage angst oozing from this episode...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 11, 2017 3:39 AM

Jan 2010
ahaha that ending ruled :D ''i've masturbated to you before too''
awesome episode, went great with my noodle soup lol

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 14, 2017 11:26 AM
Mar 2016
Do Japanese people seriously believe that people with life-long psychological problems can be fixed "just by talking about it"?
Jun 25, 2017 6:19 PM

Dec 2015
Please tell me Inaba wasn't lying at the end xDD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 27, 2017 6:25 AM
Jun 2017
Not in the slightest my friend, not in the slightest
Aug 2, 2017 6:57 AM

Jul 2015
"Don't forget that kindness can hurt people too"

After Inaba reveals it to Taichi, Iori talks with him about her lack of identity, having a violent stepdad she had to adjust to his way to be to avoid getting hurt, that lead to her not being able to "be free" because she really can't remember how she was back then, that leads to a massive fear of people forgetting her as well.

If that scene was already strong, the second half is even better with Inaba's lack of trust to the others, she doesn't believe in anyone and there is no trauma that made her like that, it's just her way to be, she wants to trust in people but she just can't.

Taichi manages to convince her that it's fine and she should tell that to all the others by sharing to her one secret he had to hide at all costs... that he fapped thinking of them, I love this scene so much.

After that, Inaban finally tells the others about her trust issues and, to her surprise, they don't mind as much as she thought, it's normal to be worried for what could happen during a body switch.

The episodes ends with a glorious scene that honestly made me (and lots of other people for sure) watch Kokoro Connect, in my case nearly 2 years ago, "I masturbated to you too", god I love Inaban.
Oct 7, 2017 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
Y_TZ said:
Taichi is the real MVP, this was some next level stuff. But the ending of the episode, when Himeko told her secret... just priceless.

i died little bit at both secrets Taichi was strike one & Inaba strike two (critical hit cause it came after Taichi reveal) XD
Jan 6, 2018 11:16 AM

Aug 2017
that's a secret you really need to carry to you grave.

i still can't believe that he actually said it and even inaba too... O_o
Jan 27, 2018 3:45 PM

Feb 2014
Worst episode so far. Unnecessarily overdramatic and silly (that was supposed to be a secret? really? -.-")

In the end result = 0

Pointless.
TechOtakuJan 27, 2018 4:14 PM
Apr 11, 2018 2:09 AM

May 2016
Inba is the best girl.
Apr 20, 2018 12:24 PM

Jan 2018
Feels a little rushed with two character backstories in one episode, but I liked them. Interesting to see Iori's backstory how she doesn't know who she is and doesn't want anything. It kind of made me think of the first episode when we were told that Iori couldn't pick a club because she couldn't decide on any of them, so that's a pretty interesting connection.

Also Taichi's and Inaba's secrets lol.
May 9, 2018 4:56 AM

Mar 2018
I am very happy to see more depth to Inaba. After the first episode my reaction was: "Why are the others friends with Inaba? She seems like a bitch." By now we have seen more sides of her personality, and I can understand why the others are friends with her. She is flawed, but also has good qualities and clearly cares for her friends. I like that.

I am disappointed that the show is turning into a harem. I was expecting a story of five friends where Taichi, as viewpoint character, was at most the "first among equals". Instead it begins to feel more like a visual novel where Taichi as the hero who saves everyone whereas the other characters are demoted to NPCs.

Still, the series is very warm and the characters are very likable. I very much enjoy watching it.

I ship Iori/Taichi and Yui/Aoki. I don't ship Inaba with anyone - she still has some awfully unpleasant sides to her personality. I don't think dating her would be at all pleasant to either of the boys; not at this point at least.
May 26, 2018 6:20 PM

Feb 2017
I expected he would say something like that, but that doesn't mean I'm a pervy right? I mean, it's not beyond normal righttttt?
Aug 13, 2018 3:52 PM

Oct 2012
Every one of their problems and insecurities were resolved in just one episode? Well, I not gonna lie, it felt bit rushed and maybe even force (when Inaba casually made him find resolution for Iori in the beginning). But then again it was very good too... you hardly get great interactions and meaningful developements similiar to these in your obvious anime, so I liked it anyway. Here, characters act like real students and I really appreciate it.

Well, but there is one thing I fear... if they aimed to clear their fears so fast... does that mean even worse things and trials are coming? And with that ominous preview and next episode name I fear the worst now... But they wouldn't do such thing, right? Right?
Aug 14, 2018 12:40 PM

Mar 2018
Mich666 said:
Every one of their problems and insecurities were resolved in just one episode? Well, I not gonna lie, it felt bit rushed and maybe even force (when Inaba casually made him find resolution for Iori in the beginning). But then again it was very good too... you hardly get great interactions and meaningful developements similiar to these in your obvious anime, so I liked it anyway. Here, characters act like real students and I really appreciate it.
I agree with your criticism: The resolution of some of the problems was very rushed.

I also agree with your praise. I especially love how the characters feel like good friends who support each other. That is what gives this series such a warm feeling. :)
Nov 30, 2018 7:02 PM

Nov 2016
Yes guys, girls masturbate too. It's actually cool how bold Inaba is.

Pretty good episode again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2018 11:34 PM

Oct 2013
ohhhhh my god, this fucking anime. I'm watching this with my good pal Aisu and the best part of this show so far is the golden banter it triggers between us. Watch this show with your friends, folks. This stuff is too good not to laugh at. I'm not even being critical; this is a good time.

"I've... masturbated to you." I'm done, man, I'm done. I'm not even kidding when I say I'm going to start telling my friends this. This is going in my list of conversation starters.

"do you pee in the shower?"
"what are your top 3 'required viewing' movies?"
"I masturbate to you sometimes.

First, though, I need to start masturbating to my friends more often.

This was a great episode again. I wasn't sold after the first two episodes, but I've no real complaints so far. I guess I dislike that Taichi has somehow become the protagonist and harem king, but there are 9 episodes left to round that out so... FINGERS CROSSED.

Gimme more Iori.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 19, 2018 9:40 AM

Mar 2018
Zadion said:
I guess I dislike that Taichi has somehow become the protagonist and harem king, but there are 9 episodes left to round that out so... FINGERS CROSSED.

I agree with this complaint. I love this show, but one of my main gripes is how Taichi becomes the centre of the universe.

Lovable show, though. :)
Sep 12, 2019 1:03 PM

Mar 2013
The drama feels unnecessary and forced...... idk.

The confession was kinda funny tbh, I like Inaba. If Taichi is gonna end up with someone I would like it to be her.
Oct 22, 2019 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
There it is, the scene that made me interested in this anime
Feb 3, 2020 2:10 PM
Jul 2013
iLostReason said:
What the fk? o_O really, i mean REALLY?! this is somehow sick.Friends masturbate to each other?... no that's not the case...i don't know what to say, im surprised as hell.Didnt expect that from this show at all.
If Inaba really masturbated to him...maybe Iori and Yui did too, and then it means all friends are...NO, I GOT A HEADACHE.

??5/5 one of best shows from this season.There are alot of good shows in this season, but Kokoro Connect is definitely in my top 3.
Next episode will be sick.

PLOT TWIST
they all confess they've masturbated to each other and start a swingers circle.

Fourth episode in Inaba finally stopped sounding like Ayane from Kimi ni todoke.
Also, fourth episode in and they've already touched on things like crime or sex while in another persons body, I'm surprised none of the girls mentioned gaining weight because of guys eating habits.
May 30, 2020 9:21 AM

Aug 2014
very surprising episode ;d
and Iori problem was very lame, but I guess kids are kids, she could try as an actress
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 7, 2020 8:53 PM

Aug 2019
You what. legit my entire reaction to the last half. I mean i'm not surprised Inaba cried, i'd actually pay for someone to say that to me thats how desperate i am.
Bro my guy Taichi actually has a death wish, that is actually a world ending secret to tell someone, practically handing them black mail lmao. Also my guy is actually building up his own harem without noticing lol.
First half was... eh. We are just learning that some of the people in the friendgroup have very crippling traumatic pasts and possibly others in the group have some as well we don't know off? Taichi's talk is quite persasasive, he goes the weirdest directions but only God knows that they end up working, still sceptical on the promise he made with Iori, i mean we don't even know what her real personality is, let alone him promising to "make sure to remind her" feels more like an empty promise.
Jul 30, 2020 11:23 AM
Apr 2020
banisherx said:
darkwap said:
I think Inaba was probably kidding I mean she did give that weird smile afterwards. It was probably just to tease him.

I hope Iori isn't going to die. I'm guessing someone confessed to Taichi and she heard it so she decided to jump off the building. Just a guess, from the title of the next episode.

Yeah something like that.

Anyways the episode was amazing, this anime is growing on me. 5/5, 9/10
Also, im rooting for INABA!
Couldnt you have just said 9.5/10 instead of 5/5 and 9/10? But yeah I agree with you.
Nov 15, 2020 4:11 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Raw, unhinged, unfiltered dialogue. Definitely wasn’t the dumb fun k-on-looking anime I was excepting from the first episode. There’s real life shit here, I can’t believe I dropped this after the first episode a few months ago

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 18, 2020 4:21 AM
Apr 2019

bruh finally I watched this legendary erotic scene

O
Jan 3, 2021 5:42 AM

Jul 2017
I'm not commenting on the forums much for this anime since I'm rewatching this and Rakugo at the same time and doing each episode for both is tiresome, but I have to say, I'm finding myself more oddly relatable to Taichi with each passing episode, and I loved him and Inaba in this episode.

Taichi's a wrestling fan like me, who in school when had friends would think for others more than himself to a degree where I would even to help my friends share secrets a normal person would take to the grave - like him in this episode when confessing to Inaba that he's masturbated to her before. I laughed a ton but at the same time, I was in awkward conversations like that with my female friends for different reasons (no context given here). Inaba with the retort about her masturbation for him made me laugh quite a bit but I loved the banter and the honesty from her towards him. These two are definitely my favorite characters from this show so far by some distance, although Inaba is far ahead of even Taichi too for me.

I will say this though, the drama angle's been presented for 3 characters now in the span of 2 episodes, with Inaba and Nagase getting the spotlight this episode when conversing with Taichi in their respective times. Rushed in my opinion and I wish there was a more natural flow to it than just everyone individually confessing to Taichi one by one like its a confession booth and everyone's lining up.
Apr 13, 2021 10:10 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What the hell kind of confession was that?
May 17, 2021 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
welp, i guess i know where that meme is from now lmao
Dec 27, 2021 8:33 PM

Dec 2020
second and third backstory, down !!!

iori talking to taichi was pretty sad, taichi handled her venting pretty well tho

inaba and taichi was also pretty good, just as i cant understand how inaba doesn't get that people can just care for other people without any specific reason, i dont understand how shes so negative about a lot of things. i can see why but i don't really understand it, they ended the talk in an unexpected way LMAO

taichi acquiring himself a harem goddamnnn i hope that's not the case tho, the group would be taichi harem + aoki and idrk how to feel abt that💔
Jan 3, 2022 8:25 PM

Jul 2020
What a ending jeezzz
Sep 12, 2022 10:47 PM
Sep 2018
Everyone should watch this
Jan 19, 2023 8:25 AM

Sep 2017
boring ln protagonist. dont like him.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 27, 2023 1:56 AM

Apr 2015
Lots of LN dialogue. LN dialogue is wordy.
Jul 17, 2023 6:03 PM

Dec 2022
Very good epiosde
Dec 26, 2023 11:07 AM

Aug 2019
Been a while since an ep got a laugh out of me

Inaban might just have become a new favorite character of mine

Feb 4, 3:08 PM

Jun 2021
first half was better, trust issues of the second one and some confessions were... uncomfortable. Not feeling this series as expected until now.
_untitledFeb 4, 3:17 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

336 by Hiroko_Takashiro »»
Yesterday, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.