Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 5, 2012 6:41 PM
Jan 2009
Do not watch gg's subs. Their subs are made up bullcrap that does not remotely convey the meaning of the spoken dialog. It doesn't matter if you think they are "funny", they're WRONG, and if you're watching incorrect subs, then you may as well be watching the show raw.

Be sure to wait for a REAL sub group to come along and sub Moyashimon Returns.
Jul 5, 2012 6:44 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS NOT TRUE CAPS LOCK!
Jul 5, 2012 6:48 PM

Oct 2010
godotce said:
Ah, I was just about to download their release. Thank gosh I read this in time, now I'll reconsider. Thank you so, so much!
YOU ARE SO GULLIBLE
Jul 5, 2012 6:59 PM
Livin in the 90s

Jan 2011
I was just about to download as well. I think they did a fair job with EVOL and Eureka 7 AO. Some comparison pics would be appreciated, to prove your point. If this is serious that is.

Jul 5, 2012 7:09 PM

Jun 2008
I agree with OP. I cannot stand GG subs at all. Almost everything they do seems so...unprofessional, not sure how else to describe it. I know that they are a FANsub group, but still...
Jul 5, 2012 7:18 PM

Nov 2006
Calm down. They only fuck with shitty shows. Their Moyashimon script is perfectly fine.
Jul 5, 2012 7:27 PM
Jan 2009
windy said:
Calm down. They only fuck with shitty shows. Their Moyashimon script is perfectly fine.

I highly doubt it.
Jul 5, 2012 7:29 PM

Dec 2010
I thought the translator was a fungi
Jul 5, 2012 7:35 PM

Nov 2006
FFandMMfan said:
windy said:

I highly doubt it.
I just watched it, and apart from a few honest translation mistakes, it was absolutely 100% fine. Much better than what some terrible sub groups put out. The hate is misdirected.
Jul 5, 2012 7:48 PM
Jan 2009
windy said:
FFandMMfan said:
windy said:

I highly doubt it.
I just watched it, and apart from a few honest translation mistakes, it was absolutely 100% fine. Much better than what some terrible sub groups put out. The hate is misdirected.

If there were translation mistakes then it isn't fine at all, now is it?
Jul 5, 2012 7:49 PM

Jan 2008
Jul 5, 2012 8:05 PM
Jan 2009
Panaru said:
Lulz, TC got trolled one too many times. These are good.

gg subs are never good.
Jul 5, 2012 8:07 PM

Nov 2006
FFandMMfan said:
If there were translation mistakes then it isn't fine at all, now is it?
Do you think every group other than gg puts out 100% perfect subs every time or something? lol

What you were complaining about was their tendency to ~troll~ things they think are stupid/don't care about/whatever. That is done intentionally, and these mistakes were obviously just ones that didn't get caught before release.

For example, near the end of the episode, they had Oikawa's "soko kara oite" line as "Did Yuuki come out of there?" and it should have been something like "Did Yuuki go down there?" A simple mistake, not one to INCITE LULZ or whatever.
They did a pretty damn good job, especially considering it aired 11 hours ago.
Jul 5, 2012 8:07 PM
Mar 2008
their Binbougami subs were very...liberal with some of the puns for better or worse. These were fine though.
Jul 5, 2012 8:13 PM

Mar 2011
FFandMMfan said:
Do not watch gg's subs. Their subs are made up bullcrap that does not remotely convey the meaning of the spoken dialog. It doesn't matter if you think they are "funny", they're WRONG, and if you're watching incorrect subs, then you may as well be watching the show raw.

Be sure to wait for a REAL sub group to come along and sub Moyashimon Returns.

I rarely find GG sub bad. But not great either
It seems you hate gg so much
But I will confirm it myself
Jul 5, 2012 8:18 PM

Jan 2008
FFandMMfan said:
Panaru said:
Lulz, TC got trolled one too many times. These are good.

gg subs are never good.

I don't think you know enough Japanese to truly be able to tell, actually. Enjoy waiting for subs though!

And also

windy said:
They did a pretty damn good job, especially considering it aired 11 hours ago.

This ^^.
Jul 5, 2012 8:46 PM
Dec 2007
inserting stuffs like "what the flying F" the dialogue ruins the character image. And gg tendency to troll, i would avoid them if possible.
Just think, do you want to work with a mediocre colleague who takes things seriously or a 150 IQ joker who talks like a retard (which he think he is cool since it is trolling) while meeting with a big client?
Jul 5, 2012 9:05 PM

Nov 2006
zero7090 said:
inserting stuffs like "what the flying F" the dialogue ruins the character image. And gg tendency to troll, i would avoid them if possible.
Just think, do you want to work with a mediocre colleague who takes things seriously or a 150 IQ joker who talks like a retard (which he think he is cool since it is trolling) while meeting with a big client?
Wow, did you log in just to respond to this thread? Sup.

To answer your question: the joker, absolutely. Working with unimaginative, boring, stupid people would be complete shit. What's life if you can't have fun? Plus, they're doing this for free, so we're not exactly a "big client."
Jul 5, 2012 9:18 PM
Livin in the 90s

Jan 2011
I agree with Windy for the most part. Why are you guys complaining over what is being given to you? Don't bite the hand that feeds you. I've noticed some mistakes now and then from gg, but never something so bad it ruined the show.

Jul 5, 2012 9:23 PM

Mar 2012
Reminder: No one gives a fuck.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 5, 2012 10:19 PM

Mar 2009
I don't give a shit. koda is my waifu. ^__^
Jul 6, 2012 12:12 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
LordSilen said:
Why are you guys complaining over what is being given to you?

Actually one person is complaining and he/she/it is a troll.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 6, 2012 12:52 AM

Feb 2008
GG defense force?

GG defense force
Jul 6, 2012 1:09 AM

Jul 2011
gg subs are fine. In fact it's better than most. Haters should just get some real life and calm the fuck down.
OrangeHollow.png
Jul 6, 2012 1:31 AM
Mar 2008
lol @ TC
Jul 6, 2012 3:20 AM
Jan 2009
No, sorry, you guys are just wrong. It doesn't matter whether or not you think gg's subs are acceptable, they simply are not. If you plan on watching their subs, I do hope you are aware that you are not actually understanding the spoken dialog. They are wrong, and if you watch their subs, YOU are wrong.
Jul 6, 2012 8:04 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
FFandMMfan said:
No, sorry, you guys are just wrong. It doesn't matter whether or not you think gg's subs are acceptable, they simply are not. If you plan on watching their subs, I do hope you are aware that you are not actually understanding the spoken dialog. They are wrong, and if you watch their subs, YOU are wrong.

You have to be more substantial and convincing than that. People wrong on the Internet. pfft.

I see some minor errors in their subs. Other than that, what exactly are the unacceptable parts? Can you provide more details?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 6, 2012 9:07 AM

Jul 2011
wakka9ca said:

I see some minor errors in their subs. Other than that, what exactly are the unacceptable parts? Can you provide more details?

Of course he can't! As if some troll on MAL would actually know Japanese.
OrangeHollow.png
Jul 6, 2012 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
gg subs helped me watch Hidan no Aria lol

but aside from that, I don't see whats wrong..
as long as a Fansub group doesn't flood my screen with neta (reference notes) and such, I'm good, and has a 95% correct translation, or something..

unless you want to complain, go learn Japanese, and then watch unsubbed c:

easiest solution.
Jul 6, 2012 7:44 PM

Jul 2010
FFandMMfan said:
windy said:

I highly doubt it.

There is nothing wrong with it, everyone needs to stop flipping out about gg. Just watch the damn show. The script is fine.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jul 6, 2012 7:55 PM

Dec 2008
As someone who doesn't like gg that much because of my weaboness, I am somewhat grateful to gg in that they have subbed shows that no one else does, like Aquarion, Bimbougami, most of Zetsubou Sensei, Maria Holic, Jormungand, and quite a few others.

I also find their translation perfectly acceptable when they're not trolling, and seeing as the people who worked on season one of Moyashimon from BSS are working on this season, I don't see anything problem. Why would someone troll a show they like?

The only thing that would make gg perfect though is if they stopped trolling, added honorifics and don't feel the need to add in stupid random cardboard commercials into their releases. (I mean, what's up with the random tsuritama CM?)

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Jul 6, 2012 8:06 PM
Feb 2011
gg subs are my favorite exactly because they tend to troll sometimes
I don't see any need in 100% accurate translations anyway too understand what's going on in the anime
Jul 6, 2012 8:21 PM

Jul 2010
Misdreavius said:
As someone who doesn't like gg that much because of my weaboness, I am somewhat grateful to gg in that they have subbed shows that no one else does, like Aquarion, Bimbougami, most of Zetsubou Sensei, Maria Holic, Jormungand, and quite a few others.

I also find their translation perfectly acceptable when they're not trolling, and seeing as the people who worked on season one of Moyashimon from BSS are working on this season, I don't see anything problem. Why would someone troll a show they like?

The only thing that would make gg perfect though is if they stopped trolling, added honorifics and don't feel the need to add in stupid random cardboard commercials into their releases. (I mean, what's up with the random tsuritama CM?)

dude honorifics don't need to be added in subs. Its unprofessional and its not a translation. I don't see why you would want that in there. Like staticsubs/eclispe version of shakugan no shana. Its eye bleeding to watch. "de arimasu, onee-chan, etc" don't belong in subs again its completely unporffesional and wrong. (Last time I checked we speak english not japanese) Some of those shows that you mention actually stream on legal sites with better subs than a fan translation...why don't you check out those? ><''
Jul 7, 2012 12:21 AM

Dec 2008
zansabarshadow said:
Misdreavius said:

dude honorifics don't need to be added in subs. Its unprofessional and its not a translation. I don't see why you would want that in there. Like staticsubs/eclispe version of shakugan no shana. Its eye bleeding to watch. "de arimasu, onee-chan, etc" don't belong in subs again its completely unporffesional and wrong. (Last time I checked we speak english not japanese) Some of those shows that you mention actually stream on legal sites with better subs than a fan translation...why don't you check out those? ><''

Well then I challenge you to find me a legal stream of Aquarion, Bimbougami, ANY of the Zetsubou Sensei series, Maria Holic (as in the first season), Jormungand, or even this show, Moyashimon.

Go on. I challenge you. Come back when you find professional subs for any of the series I mentioned. (DVD subs don't count)

Also, if you haven't noticed, unless HorribleSubs actually puts the honorifics back in, ALMOST all of CrunchyRoll's shows come with honorifics. (I say almost cause I know Gintama doesn't)

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Jul 7, 2012 10:59 AM

Jul 2010
Misdreavius said:
zansabarshadow said:
Misdreavius said:

Well then I challenge you to find me a legal stream of Aquarion, Bimbougami, ANY of the Zetsubou Sensei series, Maria Holic (as in the first season), Jormungand, or even this show, Moyashimon.

Go on. I challenge you. Come back when you find professional subs for any of the series I mentioned. (DVD subs don't count)

Also, if you haven't noticed, unless HorribleSubs actually puts the honorifics back in, ALMOST all of CrunchyRoll's shows come with honorifics. (I say almost cause I know Gintama doesn't)

Jourmungand is on Funimation's website. I know cuz I watched it there.

Maria Holic is on Anime Networks website along with season 2.

Aquarion is probably on funi's website. Since the licensed the show way back when. Moyashimon/Zetsubou Sensi aren't licensed yet. But those that I listed are licensed. If you don't believe me: http://www.funimation.com/jormungand

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Maria-Holic/Watch
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Maria-Holic-Alive-Season-2/Watch

http://www.funimation.com/aquarion

and also Bimbogami ga is being simulcasted by funimation, even on here on the anime page its says "Funimation" under producers.

There. Challenge completed.
ariamachiJul 7, 2012 11:07 AM
Jul 10, 2012 3:53 PM

Jul 2007
FFandMMfan said:

What confounds me is why someone would be complaining about the subs being wrong when they're implying they understand the Japanese dialogue enough that they don't even need subs to watch the show.

(And sometimes also why we don't just ignore theses threads. Oh the hilarity!)

So you're watching gg's subs just so you can complain about how wrong they are? If you don't need the subs, then don't watch them. Hell, if you know Japanese so well and care SO MUCH about the accuracy of the subs then why aren't you translating anime? If you do need subs, then stop complaining and be grateful you get anything at all.

Or chances are you're just a troll who heard from someone else how "bad" the subs are (which they're not) and now you're spewing out that information like it's and authentic opinion out of your own head. Truth? You wouldn't know an opinion if it smacked you in the face.
<---made of awesome!
Oct 15, 2012 7:34 PM
Apr 2012
You are a fucking idiot if you believe this guy. Just compare their subs with everyone else, they're a fine subgroup, and they've been around longer than most other subgroups still subbing. gg knows what the fuck they're doing, and if they sub something wrong it's because it would be an improvement on a shitty show.
Apr 19, 2013 6:04 PM
Feb 2011
OrangeHollow said:
Haters should just get some real life and calm the fuck down.
OrangeHollow said:
Of course he can't! As if some troll on MAL would actually know Japanese.

I'm getting a mixed message here.
Jan 25, 2014 2:12 AM
Nov 2010
The fact that people thing it's actually ok for a sub group to intentionally mess up on subs just because they don't like the show they are subbing is beyond stupid.

Why bother to sub it if you don't like it if that isn't the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
Welp this has taught me to never touch anything they do no matter if theres another subber or not.
Dec 21, 2014 6:10 AM

Mar 2014
notsureifsrs said:
I thought the translator was a fungi

I sea what you did there. (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
::End of Transmission::

More topics from this board

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 11 Discussion

OrochiPL - Sep 13, 2012

44 by mushi_Jyou »»
Oct 8, 2020 4:05 AM

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 5, 2012

62 by MetalOilers1247 »»
Sep 9, 2020 4:39 PM

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 10 Discussion

OrochiPL - Sep 6, 2012

15 by syncrogazer »»
Sep 29, 2018 7:11 AM

» Were the sales for this high enough to warrant a 3rd season?

Core1019 - Aug 15, 2014

2 by UrbanJahts »»
Dec 28, 2017 9:12 PM

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 2 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 13, 2012

24 by CCL_Sama »»
Aug 17, 2017 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.