Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Manga 'Kamisama Hajimemashita' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 3, 2012 7:09 AM

Aug 2008
The manga started dragging in the latest volumes, but I really like her work in general. Will watch.
Jul 3, 2012 8:00 AM

Oct 2007
More Shoujo can't be a bad thing.

*after checking the second scan*

Is this shoujo anime?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 3, 2012 9:25 AM
Mar 2010
Siva said:

Is this shoujo anime?

whY? O.o Did it look shonen to you?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 3, 2012 9:34 AM
Jun 2012
phoenixalia said:
Siva said:

Is this shoujo anime?

whY? O.o Did it look shonen to you?

hahahaha good point...

errr i actually think it was mature, shounen ai and horror lol jokes...
Jul 3, 2012 9:40 AM

Oct 2008
'Greeet \^^/
Jul 3, 2012 10:06 AM

Jun 2008
WOW, Kami-sama does exist after all XD
Jul 3, 2012 10:36 AM

Jul 2010
Woah, im interested.Heard alot of good things about manga.
Jul 3, 2012 12:52 PM

Dec 2009
KYAYYYY *fangirl scream*
Jul 3, 2012 2:10 PM

Nov 2008
maybe i don't know yet
Jul 3, 2012 5:01 PM

Jun 2010
Not interested.
Jul 3, 2012 5:12 PM

Aug 2011
phoenixalia said:
AyaViva said:
phoenixalia said:

yea I know we can always rely on our manga...:/ Does that mean we'll be ok without anime? :/ Not me.

and the things is, this manga doesn't sell that great in japan. :/

then again, natsume yuujinchou sells well, so maybe this one too? I dunno.

But usually most fantasy type shoujo romance manga are not made into anime now.

ah I'm not making sense....>_< Not to mention my mood has darkened because Arcana Familgia is not doing well...

Oh no, really? Not even doing well in its own home country? That is rather worrying. I hope something horrible like it being discontinued or dropped doesn't happen. I know that there are lots of fans of this series out there. And we would be devastated if that were to happen D: At the very least, I hope the anime will bring even more fans and I really want the manga to keep going on for as long as the author wants it to.

Ah, but Natsume Yuujinchou is not a romance title. And once again, in a completely different category. It may be similar in some ways, but I don't really think that they're the same much. I don't know. Are they?

Wait, Arcana Famiglia is not doing well? But only one episode came out! That is rather sad. The first episode was interesting.

well, not doing well in the sense, not selling like 100k or something. I think it does about 45k. It will never be cancelled but at the same time....well....its not THAT popular. The producers probably think it might follow Natsume yuujichou's path. I hope so.

and regarding arcana familgia, since its a twelve episode series, there will be 7 DVDs/BDs.

For an anime to do well, depending on its budget, but most have to have ~6k to be considered good sales.

and for an anime to not be considered a loss it has to sell at least ~2.5k copies...I think.
Arcana may not even reach ~1k. :/ Like I said, I tHINK its doing worse than Hiiro no Kakera.

Wow, seriously? I honestly hope Arcana does better than Hiiro no Kakera, because, to be honest, no matter how much I liked the art and plot for HnK, the animation was choppy (kind of) and derpy (kind of). Not to mention I didn't like the fact that some of the seiyuu were changed around.

Arcana, on the other hand, just based on the first episode, is very nice. Awesome seiyuu, awesome animation (it's nice and flowing) and the art is great too. If it sells worse than HnK... :/

My, my, I'm getting too off topic. /shot

Well, in any case, KamiHaji is popular, but I also agree that it isn't that popular. I would hate it if it got cancelled or something, because I love the characters and everything. And I am overjoyed that it's becoming an anime, because I've always wondered what a manga that I followed from the beginning would like like as an anime. I'm only scared that they will screw it up somehow. The anime now a days are very good, and stick to their plots considerably, but I admit it myself (like I said, no matter how much I love KamiHaji and how overjoyed I am that it'll be an anime) that KamiHaji wasn't exactly anime material, for some reason. I've been day dreaming and imagining all this time, but I never actually expected that it would become and anime, and I'm kind of scared of seeing. But of course, I'll still watch it. ;D Suzuki Julietta is one of my favourite mangaka and I always get a thrill when reading her manga, so I will definitely watch this anime.

On that note, I want Hanazawa Kana to voice Nanami and Nakamura Yuuichi or OnoD or Uchiyama Kouki to voice Tomoe.

But knowing my luck, it'll be none of them. Of course, I don't mind Kayano Ai for Nanami either... but her voice is too un-Nanami-like, or so I think.

This turned out to be a longer post than I expected.
Jul 3, 2012 8:33 PM
Feb 2011
phoenixalia said:
HOLY LORD ARE YOU SERIOUS?
This...this HAS to be a dream....omg....is this real? OH GOD!!!!!!!!! first suki ii a yo, then tonari no kaibutsu kun and and now this? OMG!!!!!!!!

EDIT: God I can't even type properly. -_-

Anyway, now that I've calmed down, even though I'm really happy about this, I feel....will this anime sell? :/

I mean, its a great manga, but still....I seriously hope this sells well....

HOLY POOP YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH.

IT'S LIKE THEY SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST I LOVE ALL THREE.

Just that... idk how well shoujo anime does in japan TT^TT
Jul 3, 2012 10:17 PM
Mar 2010
lolkid_0417 said:

HOLY POOP YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH.

IT'S LIKE THEY SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST I LOVE ALL THREE.

Just that... idk how well shoujo anime does in japan TT^TT

if you look at my previous posts you will see that recent shoujo anime sold very badly.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 3, 2012 10:26 PM

Feb 2012
Those ears.
Jul 3, 2012 10:28 PM

Feb 2009
YES!!!

YES YES YES!

HELL YES!

Seriously, I freaking love this manga and have been waiting for this news for SOOOO long! For years!

I am so bloody psyched! I seriously hope they do Tomoe justice!
Jul 4, 2012 12:34 AM

Dec 2011
Oh my God I just flipped out when I saw that on my facebook can't wait
Jul 4, 2012 1:00 AM

Mar 2011
finally ANIME!!
LunaJul 4, 2012 3:50 AM
]
Jul 4, 2012 2:27 AM

Aug 2007
YES. I love this series. Can't wait to be motivated to watch an anime i'm never going to finish watching. XD
Jul 4, 2012 2:37 AM

Nov 2007
I actually like this series (of the volumes I have read), so I do hope the adaptation of it is actually good.

I really dislike Maid-sama and Special A - I was meh at best with the two in manga form, but everything annoying about them seemed a hundred times worse as an anime. There's also Skip Beat, which I adore, but I wasn't that happy with the anime adaptation of it either.
Kare Kano anime got a lame ending and Kimi ni Todoke's heroine's voice grated on my nerves so I couldn't keep watching.

;_; It seems like shoujo anime is just incompatible with me...I kind of want to skip this series to avoid disappointment, but I know I will end up watching the first episode at least. -sigh-

Oh wait, I liked Ouran. Yes. I'm not 100% repulsed against shoujo anime. :)
Jul 4, 2012 6:13 AM
May 2010
Awesome! I can't wait :3
Jul 4, 2012 7:18 AM

May 2012
lame reason.. kimi ni todoke is so good only low level lame otakus quit because they dont like the seiyuu... skip beat is pretty good just a bit cliff hanger at th end. what im saying is what matter is the story. judging the anime based on all other factors is pretty much fail i do that before but not now.
TheCommonSenseJul 4, 2012 7:24 AM
Please like Joshiraku Facebook Fanpage by clicking the image below!

Thank you very much!
Jul 4, 2012 12:35 PM

Nov 2007
TheCommonSense said:
lame reason.. kimi ni todoke is so good only low level lame otakus quit because they dont like the seiyuu... skip beat is pretty good just a bit cliff hanger at th end. what im saying is what matter is the story. judging the anime based on all other factors is pretty much fail i do that before but not now.

I'm sorry, but I think other things in anime matter too. Story is a pretty big factor and I'm willing to forgive a lot of flaws/annoyances if the story is good, but if something bothers me a lot, most of the time I'm not going to force myself to watch it. Especially something like Kimi ni Todoke where I can just read the manga. Why force myself to listen to a voice that aggravates me?
The Skip Beat anime wasn't bad, but as a fan, I wanted it to have been made from a much better budget than what it got. It looks like an anime from the 90s when what I wanted was something like Ouran.

I used to watch pretty much everything but I think the more I watch, the more picky I get. I suppose that is how critics are made.
Don't worry, if I was to review those series I would give them a proper chance and try to be more open minded. But I'm not really a reviewer and annoyances are annoyances. I only have so much time to watch only so many.

So I don't care if you think they are lame reasons. Sorry~
Jul 4, 2012 1:24 PM
Oct 2009
Oh god!! Yes! One of my favs shoujo mangas! I'm happy!
Jul 4, 2012 10:04 PM

Nov 2007
Maybe... will watch it.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 5, 2012 2:51 PM

Apr 2010
Animated Tomoe ♥
HELL YES! ^^ Can't wait *^*
Jul 5, 2012 6:15 PM
Feb 2012
THANK YOU BASED GODS
Jul 6, 2012 1:53 AM

Oct 2008
The only Suzuki Julietta work that I've read has been Karakuri Odette, so I'm bummed out that it wasn't picked for an anime adaptation instead of this...
Jul 6, 2012 2:38 PM

Feb 2010
Could be good, I'm gonna check it out I guess.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 6, 2012 7:06 PM

Jun 2008
good news;) im glad it will be the director of Furuba XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 7, 2012 2:02 AM
Apr 2012
Oh my gosh!! CONGRATS:D Kamisama Hajimemashita has a lovely manga and I think the anime would be too:)
Jul 8, 2012 12:59 AM
Jul 2011
oh my! this is such a sweet & wonderful news!
I hope that ao haru ride will be animated as well considering Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sukitte Iinayo, and this one had their own anime adaptations this year :)
Jul 8, 2012 3:11 PM

Jan 2010
It's actually getting animated like so many people wished. :D

It's probably gonna air next year, can't wait!
Jul 9, 2012 5:41 AM
Mar 2010
Sounds interesting i will take a look at it.
Jul 9, 2012 12:40 PM

Nov 2009
I'm pretty glad this is going to be animated. I wish it'll be until the manga ends—if ever the manga will end before it airs this Fall or Winter. Kamisama Hajimemashita and Tonari were my favs. I like strong personality kind of heroines—not the whiny types or those who fall in love with characters in milliseconds. The main chara in Kamisama is adorable and inspiring, and I like how she develops very well. Also, I'm glad that the main guy isn't the flowery, sugar-coated type. I can't wait to see them both in voice and action.

Also, Kamisama is NOT a rip off of InuxBoku SS. Kamisama was published first before Inu. Inu was alright with me, but I didn't like it as much as Kamisama.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Jul 9, 2012 4:31 PM
Jun 2010
OHMIGOD THIS MADE MY DAY :D
Jul 9, 2012 6:24 PM

Aug 2011
Yay shoujo. I'm excited! The story sounds interesting too, and the art is beautiful.
Jul 10, 2012 5:31 PM

Nov 2009
KMNDCEhenc849fhcnfjKNX*W# D*!@!!!!!!!!

WHY AM I JUST NOW SEEING THIS?!?!?!?!?! Oh God, I'm dying! So many shoujo anime~ I'm seriously dying right now, oh my God...... *dies*

This fall is going to be the most beautiful fall that ever existed. Three shoujo manga that I love are getting an anime adaptation, there is a good chance that the Little Busters anime will air, and plus there is a bunch of other anime that interest me.

I'm so happy right now!!!!! >.< *dies again*

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Jul 10, 2012 7:42 PM

Jul 2010
UtsukushiiYume said:
HTJHHJCJGGJJDGIJFXGFHHHJJ LORD

Amutofan123 said:
KMNDCEhenc849fhcnfjKNX*W# D*!@!!!!!!!!*

Absolutely! can't agree more...
Aug 2, 2012 8:58 PM
Jun 2012
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-08-02/shinnosuke-tachibana-suzuko-mimori-lead-kamisama-kiss-cast

This year's 17th issue of Hakusensha's Hana to Yume magazine is revealing the voice cast of the Kamisama Hajimemashita anime on Saturday:

Shinnosuke Tachibana as Tomoe
Suzuko Mimori as Nanami Momosono
Daisuke Kishio as Kurama
Satomi Satou as Ami Nekota
Akira Ishida as Mikage
Nobuhiko Okamoto as Mizuki

The Hana to Yume issue is also announcing that the anime will premiere on Monday, October 1 at 26:05 a.m. (effectively, Sunday, October 2 at 2:05 a.m.) on TV Tokyo. It will also run on the premium channel AT-X and other venues.

Julietta Suzuki's original manga follows Nanami, a girl who finds herself homeless after her father leaves. She comes to the home of a boy who offers to let her stay over — only to discover it is a Shinto shrine. The boy happens to be a deity.

Akitaro Daichi (Fruits Basket, Kodocha, Now and Then, Here and There) is directing the anime at TMS Entertainment (Detective Conan, Lupin III). Junko Yamanaka (Detective Conan, KenIchi the Mightiest Disciple) is designing the characters.

Suzuki launched the manga in Hana to Yume in 2008, and Hakusensha published the 12th volume in Japan in April. Viz Media will publish the 11th volume (under the name Kamisama Kiss) in North America in November.

Back in Japan, the limited edition of the 13th manga volume will bundle a drama CD on September 20. Hakusensha will also publish a "13.5th" volume — an official fan book — on the same day. The 14th manga volume will follow on October 20, and another drama CD will arrive on October 24.

[Via Manga News]
Aug 5, 2012 12:59 AM

Feb 2010
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAMSS
OMG I AM LIKE
LHALKSJDLKFJ

But I hope they do a good job.... v_v
if not there's always the manga~ (which is fantastic without an anime adaption)
Aug 10, 2012 8:29 PM

Jan 2010
dasjdhkjsadhkDSHDH I. Didn't. Know.

It's one of those few shoujo mangas that I actually adore. I can't contain the excitement.
Aug 12, 2012 6:23 PM

Feb 2011
SAY WHAT?! Kamisama Hajimemashita is getting an anime!! omg, life has just started xD
i'm currently on volume 7.. but wow! this is amazing news.
can't wait ~ :D

here's the pv (animation looks pretty good)

CheyenneMarieAug 12, 2012 6:37 PM
Aug 16, 2012 4:06 AM

May 2010
Wow,this autumn season is going to be PERFECT.Three shoujo manga being animated.Yatta!
Aug 18, 2012 10:11 PM
Apr 2012
October is near but it feels so far. The manga is really good in terms of the story and the drawing...I hope the anime would be able to capture the watchers interest :D
Aug 26, 2012 5:54 PM

Feb 2012
Homestuck said:
The dude looks pretty...

foxy.

My god. all I can think about is david tennant as the tenth doctor. (if someone appreciates this reference I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER)
Sep 18, 2012 11:16 PM

May 2010
phoenixalia said:
HOLY LORD ARE YOU SERIOUS?
This...this HAS to be a dream....omg....is this real? OH GOD!!!!!!!!! first suki ii a yo, then tonari no kaibutsu kun and and now this? OMG!!!!!!!!

EDIT: God I can't even type properly. -_-

Anyway, now that I've calmed down, even though I'm really happy about this, I feel....will this anime sell? :/

I mean, its a great manga, but still....I seriously hope this sells well....

the same feelings*0* after the first few chapters i like this manga^_^ and when i saw trailer i was in seventh heaven *O* Oh God, I'm still happy for this, and I hope too that anime will be good :3
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
31 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.