Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Jun 22, 2022 5:25 PM
Nov 2020
It's not very often that an anime adaptation nails the ending. Even though there is more to the manga after this, and as much as I wish this would have gotten a 2nd season just to hear more of that yeasty music, I'm glad that it ended off how it did. Fucking 9/10...
Jun 30, 2022 12:22 AM

Aug 2018
And so it ends.
Kaoru became a doctor and Sentaro became a priest, and they played one more time.
This anime was very good, the soundtrack was great and the story was good.
Aug 2, 2022 10:33 PM
Nov 2018
That was a cute ending, but there's no explanation of why Sen left lol. I guess you got to read the source to find out more, that's the impression I got. Solid show though, I enjoyed the jazz the most.
Oct 14, 2022 12:43 AM
Sep 2022
It was so rushed. By the end of the story 8 years had passed, yet we don't see any of Nishimi's life or anyone else's for that matter. We only see it for like 8 minutes and it's out of place. I read the comments on the site I watched it on, they could've expanded it out a lot more. Apparently they skipped like 10 volumes of material into 6 minutes, which could easily be another season.

Overall, it was a bad ending for an overall good show.
Jan 1, 2023 1:35 AM
Aug 2021
awesome... It's nice to see how they explore relations between characters.
it was a worth watching show.
Feb 5, 2023 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
Josh said:
RonSwanson said:
I can't believe that Shinchiro Watanabe actually directed this.
Most overrated piece of shit teenage melodrama I've seen in a long time. I don't mind dram, but having drama, just for the sake of drama won't turn out good.
So it starts off following the same pattern it always did: Kaoru does something stupid, followed by Kaoru feeling self-loathing and regret. Kaoru does something stupid and he doesn't talk to either Ritsuko or Sentarou for an episode or two, that's most of the drama and it's very weak because it's not believable.
There's the scene where he stands outside of her window, followed by the scene at the train station which led to nothing, now I can appreciate these clichés, but Ritsuko and Kaoru's relationship overall felt very, ehh fake I guess you could say. Every single interaction between these two characters feels so incredibly not real or genuine, and I never believed that these were supposedly real people. It was never engaging and never connected with me in any meaningful way, and I'm actually a sucker for romantic comedies with no brains, so that should say something about this show. The train scene I couldn't care less about, the train scene with Yurika and Junichi however, was much more emotional and I genuinely cared, because it felt to me like they were actually in love. Kaoru and Ritsuko though? There's no emotion coming off the screen between those two.
Okay enough about those two. Then there's the rest of the episode which is pretty weak aswell. There's an 8 year time skip and Kaoru's working as a doctor and sporting a mullet. Then they show what happened to the guy with the lolifang because that's so interesting ofcourrse (sarcasm). Then he goes and meets Sentarou and then Ritsuko comes or whatever. This failed to have an impact because we never actually got any time to start missing these characters. Ritsuko was gone for like 4 minutes and Sentarou just left at the end of the last episode. Supposedly Kaoru was all miserable or whatever (I guess) from having his bromance leave him and the girl he likes resent him after he got all rapey, but this didn't connect with me because 1. Kaoru's a dick 2. Kaoru's an asshole. But when they meet up they're all friends or whatever and we never know if Kaoru learns his lesson about friendship which was supposed to be the premise of this show.

All in all, too much unecessary, boring melodrama, and too little Jazz. A boring main character who might aswell not exist, and also a female lead with no depth or personality. There's no clever writing to be found, no good lessons to learn, and nothing that will really stick with you after you've seen this show
The only good thing to come out of this show was the OP/ED music, and the episodes about Yurika and Junichi.

4/10 and then I wonder if I'm being too generous

Note sure if I'd go that far, but glad to see someone else who doesn't think this is the greatest show ever. Also, I absolutely hated Yurika and Jun, haha.
I swear every other character was tolerable but these two were the worst. Selfish ones of the highest caliber. 

Apr 10, 2023 2:29 AM
Jul 2020
simply beautiful
Jul 12, 2023 2:19 AM

Aug 2019
Hold up, eight years have passed? He’s a doctor and now he went to look for Sentaro. Their friendship is something else haha.

Oh my gosh Sentaro got hotter!!
Sep 26, 2023 9:27 PM
Mar 2018
Last episode made zero sense. Have not been this confused by an anime in a while. Such as bad ending. Disappointing.
Jan 18, 10:09 AM
Jan 2021
Beautiful, would have been perfect if not rushed
Feb 7, 9:30 PM

Dec 2022
Great ending, I was doubting that the ending will be unpleasant I'm glad it ended really well. What a great anime overall 8/10.
Apr 10, 7:30 AM

May 2020
Beautiful anime with beautiful visuals and directions. I just loved it. Only downside i can say is that there was no main goal for mcs in the anime. That makes you think there is something missing while you are watching it.
Apr 12, 10:17 PM
Jan 2022
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dltd - May 24, 2012

253 by defaulticus »»
Apr 9, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

a6342164 - Apr 19, 2012

209 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Mar 30, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pizzaholic - Apr 12, 2012

308 by onnongo »»
Feb 13, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

166 by lazypanda666 »»
Feb 5, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Sakamichi no Apollon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2012

136 by lazypanda666 »»
Jan 27, 11:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.