Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jun 21, 2014 9:33 AM

Apr 2014
I'm honestly kinda upset that the ending is like that, I was hoping for an actual one with the Earls death, or worse. But I also can't complain because I absolutely loved that episode, and how things turned out, I am happy I started and finished this series, it's one of my favourites, no regrets.

Jul 2, 2014 1:23 AM

Mar 2009
Well the new uniform looks really cool haha.

It took almost a year (loved the first half but completely lost interest during the Noah's Ark arc and regained it once again after finishing that up) but I finally finished. :') I really want to pick up the manga, but I don't think there's any point in doing that since the manga's been on hiatus for almost two years.. It'll just make me more attached to the series and upset that its future is unknown. "OTL
Jul 15, 2014 2:55 PM

Nov 2007
well,i am just glad to see Tyki is well and hot as ever
Jul 21, 2014 8:10 AM
Jan 2014
LET'S HAVE THE PETITION GUYS!!
Sep 15, 2014 1:29 AM
Dec 2011
time to head to the manga...! holy god so many things were showed and more quections were asked in the last 5 minutes :3 i am going to the manga today so many cool stuff is going to happen also i love this series it is epic ! allen so cute :3 to give more feed back after the manga also here is hoping the story will start in anime and continue the plot just like the manga is doing :3
May 5, 2015 6:02 PM

Jul 2014
I think they ended on a good note, it wasn't as inconclusive as I thought it would be but I haven't read the manga so I wouldn't know what the anime's missing.
That said however, it was a good ride. Who cares about the destination when the journey was good right?
A sequel would be nice but at this point I don't really see it happening sadly :(
Jun 5, 2015 4:42 PM

Aug 2008
Ehhh, first half had too much filler, second half was more exciting but no tension as i knew the characters would survive and so uneven with the characters power that I simply did not understand what kind of limitations that they would have. First they have trouble with an Akuma then a few episodes later they have no trouble defeating them. Noah and Millineum Earl came and went and weren't villains I felt any real emotion toward as they were just generic baddies. The manga must have handled this better. 6/10 for this.
May 12, 2016 3:49 AM

Dec 2013
Ending of the fight was really cool. Glad that the Marshals made a return.

Dem new uniforms looked badass. Can't wait to see more of them in the new season.

Overall it was a good anime. First half was a bit weak and the power scaling felt a bit weird later on but the characters were interesting enough and the fights were great.

Overall 7/10
Jun 5, 2016 1:44 AM

Jun 2015
So another ''story goes on'' ending. Was a good series, well-made characters, dark and serious athmosphere.. And there is not a really ''filler'' epiosde.
Leaved me curious to read manga...
Well done, i guess.

Jun 6, 2016 8:52 PM

Jan 2014
I just finished the series and am laughing at the comments of despair about how the anime is FINISHED from eight years ago and am super HYPED that it's coming back next month.
Jun 8, 2016 10:32 AM

Feb 2010
Jotakak said:
I just finished the series and am laughing at the comments of despair about how the anime is FINISHED from eight years ago and am super HYPED that it's coming back next month.

Never lose hope..
Jun 22, 2016 1:10 AM
Aug 2015
Phew, finally i can finish this anime after struggling to search episode 100-103 with Indonesian subtitle lol..

It was a great anime.. I like the main characters, and the enemies are cool.. ^ ^ i give it a 9/10
Jul 1, 2016 9:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Well I was wrong about how Allen and Lenalee held off the level 4 last episode XD Looks like Cross was the cause that helped them along. The way the akuma burst at the end was disturbing, but glad it was finished off. Didn't like how he said that he's a weaker one. I'm just like, wow, all the other exorcists better evolve their fucking Innocence or else everyone be dead. Especially with that cliffhanger of another wave of whatever the Earl is planning. Interesting to hear that the "crystal" evolution might be possible for everyone else. So maybe Lenalee isn't so special after all. Is that the same thing as Allen's >100% synchronization? Or is just "evolution"? Because if it's the same, then Allen's possible marshall candidate isn't so special anymore. But it sounds like it's different, so does that mean Allen can still power up? :>

Anyways, it was a pretty good ending I'd say, and yeah, if I didn't know there would be a second season, I'd probably be a little peeved and then go read the manga. Although Hallow will only be 13 episodes...still won't be a legit ending. But the "cliffhanger" is so hype. Liking their new uniforms and I'm so curious about what will happen. The Earl's body shape is like a normal human now, and Tyki is himself again (lame, seems like there was no point to Allen's sword being able to take evil out of Noahs...). There's still all this mystery behind the Fourteenth as well. Really looking forward to the new season, which is only a few days away! Glad I was able to finish this by watching 2 episodes per day. An exciting and intriguing series, and I loved the shounen humor as well. The characters are so lovable too. I just didn't like the fillers and the music could've been more memorable. Although I did like the Fourteenth/Earl's piano song. That was nice.

I'll miss the voice actors though, having watched this so near the starting of the new sequel will be disorienting...
Jul 3, 2016 12:11 PM
Jan 2013
I just finished re-watching it today and I really can't wait for next season. I have great expectations for this next season.
Jul 4, 2016 1:11 PM

Nov 2014
Right just finished, what a wholly unsatisfying ending for such a great if somewhat frustratingly dragged out Shounen. Luckily got a new season about to hit!
Jul 10, 2016 8:02 PM

Nov 2012
Finally finished rewatching, a bit late for the new season but I only missed the first episode.

Really nice ending episode here, Cross owning that Level 4 akuma. Those new uniforms and Lenalee's hair length look perfect, I hope that's how it will look in the sequel!

Earl and the Noahs are planning something.. and I still don't get why Road is alive when it looked like she died. And Tyki is back to being a Noah even though Allen "exorcised" him. Oh well, it looks interesting and I hope we get more explanations about the Fourteenth.

Also, I wonder what the Earl's plan is for exorcists.. As Bookman said, maybe he didn't destroy them on purpose.
Jul 21, 2016 7:05 AM
Feb 2016
Totally underwhelming for the finale of a show with 103 episodes. And I don't even mind the open ending.

This will be a very unpopular opinion, but here goes.

This show was very uneven with unnecessarily drawn out parts over several boring episodes alternated with rushed ones. Some of the so-called fillers a lot of people whine about were actually very interesting and enjoyable. (And, by the way, an anime has to stand on its own. It's not an animated version of the manga it was based on. There is no reason why one art form should be "faithful" to another one.)

It's a shame that the most important parts of the story, the dynamics between the characters, almost drowned in the mumbo jumbo and the sometimes boring fights.

This would have been a lot better if the whole story had been told at the pacing of the ten last episodes. Around fifty episodes would have sufficed to tell Arren Wohkah's adventures up until this point.

I'm off to see how the 2016 continuation handles this material.
Oct 14, 2016 12:02 AM

Oct 2015
the episode was awesome and Lenalee was useful this time around instead of being saved all the time. That level 4 akuma was a pain in the ass and also the season was very good, even though they will relocate to the new headquarters. 8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 14, 2016 8:59 PM
May 2011
eh allen's abilities were really inconsistent, and a bit annoying he seems to keep forgetting he has crown belt. (And pretty much his entire cloak in general, he rarely seems to use it for himself, only for others)

Same with the level 4, i mean he effortlessly flicked allen away just a few minutes prior but was somehow having trouble with him after that.
Apr 12, 2017 6:45 PM
Jan 2012
very nice final. Liked the final this season.
That's good to see,exorcists continuous moving on,despite your losses.
Howard link so much misterious guy,so much curious know more in Hallow.
The final of episode so very beautiful and reflective,make me renewed a news hopes for nexts seasons.
Jul 29, 2017 12:23 AM
Dec 2012
The new uniform looks nice, recent adaptation here I come. ( ゚▽゚)/
Apr 30, 2018 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
I had never thought finishing DGM. I remember when I was young and saw it the first time in free TV. I really liked the our dub but unfortunately they stopped at episode 50 I think.

So 4 or 5 years ago I started to watch it in japanese I fell in love with the voices.

That was a really nice ending. So cool to see Cross's appearance and to hear that everyone is well. Allen x Lenalee + Cross were finally able to beat the LvL 4. Cross's bullet bloated the LvL 4 by so much, it reminded me on Cell from DBZ :D

I'm glad this fight is finally over. So much people had to die. Allen was totally wasted. The scene with Tapp was just sad ;_;

So Cross is on the way to an conference and Crowley finally woke up. The things Bookman mentioned were pretty interesting. I mean he's right about why the Earl didn't attack the order a long time ago? And what is Luberie doing with that piece of the akuma egg?

Lenalees inocence is a new type called crystal. Seems like everyones inocence can evolve to become stronger. I'm curious about Kandas and Lavis.

They also showed the Noahs and the Earl on a dance ball. Interesting to see the Earl in his human form? Also the first time we saw Roads father. The Earl also mentioned interesting things which pose so much more questions I want to get answered >.<

The new uniform looks nice, I like this black/red a lot. Lenalee also looking just beautiful with her hair grewing a little bit longer <3

Overall it was a very long journey for me, but I'm glad I finally finished DGM. It differs compared to other shounen. The atmosphere and everything else is a lot darker as you're used to which I absolutely loved. It's a little bit sad that they used completely new voices for the characters in Hallow. However I looking forward to see what they've done in the second season.

Thanks for this ride DGM. I will miss you!

May 5, 2018 2:37 AM

Dec 2017
The episode is more than wonderful but how do you disappear? :( And it seems that there are still more members of the Noah family. I saw Father's Road in this episode
Sep 19, 2018 1:02 PM

Dec 2012
Man, as if DGM wasn't already getting interesting enough. It felt like even after all of that, these 103 episodes were but a prelude to what the Earl truly has in store.

What a long journey this has been for me. This was the first item I'd put on PTW and it's taken me nearly six years to finally see it through. Admittedly the first quarter was hard to get into. The humor was off-putting with the dark atmosphere, the fights were bland and it made me wonder how a show of such scale could hold for 100 episodes. In the second quarter, I soldiered through the mundane fillers but had started to warm up to the Exorcists' travels & antics. By the time I'd reached the halfway point, I might have described DGM as "Meh, it's alright."

And then it happened. The entire second half was exponentially greater and completely worth the build up. From Allen's first major encounter with Tyki to regaining his Innocence. From setting sail for Japan to the deadly battle in Edo. From struggling to survive the crumbling ark to that desperate last stand against a Level 4. DGM was able to string me along and keep me completely immersed every step of the way. Every time it felt like things couldn't get worse, the situation became more grim and the feeling of hopelessness kept sinking in. For nearly 30 episodes, it felt like the limits of despair & dread were tested too many times to count. And that's what made those saving grace moments so much more powerful. When Allen played the melody, for example, I felt like I could finally breathe again. All in all, the second half of DGM more than redeemed any misgivings I may have had before and I'm still in awe at how it all turned out.

I also really like the way D.Gray-Man plays with the Biblical lore of Noah. The premise of exorcists vs demons only scratched the surface and proved that DGM is certainly an exception to the rule. It makes me glad that I was raised to be Bible literate.

I'll definitely be watching Hallow and then making my way over to the manga ASAP.

8/10
Mar 6, 2020 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
Yayy I've never been more happy after finishing an anime. Finally I'm done seeing Lenalee crying twice every episode for three arcs which is apparently more important than the protagonist himself. What a way to ruin a good anime with such a stupid character!! LMAO
Jun 19, 2020 2:21 PM

Apr 2016
I've just completed re-watching the series while reading the manga. I’d say I prefer the anime adaptation. Some of the fillers help to relate with the characters and “Crown Clown” is amazing to watch animated. This series is as good as I remembered and at the same time Lenalee is as annoying as I remembered xD. From now on I’ll read the manga only, Hallow was a big disappointment back then.
Jun 30, 2020 9:49 AM

Sep 2019
HectorBlaze said:
I've just completed re-watching the series while reading the manga. I’d say I prefer the anime adaptation. Some of the fillers help to relate with the characters and “Crown Clown” is amazing to watch animated. This series is as good as I remembered and at the same time Lenalee is as annoying as I remembered xD. From now on I’ll read the manga only, Hallow was a big disappointment back then.
Where should I start the manga after watching 103 episodes? I still havn't watched hallow since I heard it skipped a lot of content. Btw should I read the manga from the begining after finishing 103 episodes or starting from where it left of is good enough? Did the anime skip anything?
Jun 30, 2020 10:05 AM

Apr 2016
Twenty-fifth_Bam said:
HectorBlaze said:
Where should I start the manga after watching 103 episodes? I still havn't watched hallow since I heard it skipped a lot of content. Btw should I read the manga from the begining after finishing 103 episodes or starting from where it left of is good enough? Did the anime skip anything?

It’s fine to start at the end of chapter 157. I’d say there’s no problem.
Jun 30, 2020 11:24 AM

Sep 2019
@Hectorblaze Thanks a lot, I'll start reading from chap 157 then.
Jun 30, 2020 3:19 PM

Apr 2016
Twenty-fifth_Bam said:
@Hectorblaze Thanks a lot, I'll start reading from chap 157 then.

You're welcome. I hope you'll enjoy what will happen.
Aug 27, 2020 6:27 PM

Feb 2014
Well, didn't enjoy it all the way through but it had some great parts and also I totally loved Road and Eliade, I love those female villians that just make you cheer for the bad guys xD, like Neferpitou.

Certainly gonna watch Hollow now.
Sep 9, 2021 12:59 PM

Jan 2013
Honestly with this ending it feels like it's just about to start lol ... I can't imagine the feelings people had back in 2008 when they didn't know of Hallow eventually coming out. (Thought I doubt that 13 more episodes can really get us to a satisfying finale)

The series wasn't perfect but just a solid good anime that wasn't ever boring.
The least enjoyable parts were the little side stories that distracted us from the main story, the episodes before we learned about Suman but even those were fine.
After that it just kept going and it was amazing seeing Allen and his friends progress and learning more about the Akuma and the war they're fighting.

Solid 8/10
Mar 16, 2022 8:39 PM

Sep 2018
My biggest gripes with this series were the very outdated animation, even for something that came out in 2006, it's quite noticeable (even moreso considering I watched a show that came out in 06 prior to this), I expected a little better in that department. Ditto for the constant dark color palette that's ever present in the series. I know it kind of compliments the themes rather well, but I wouldn't have minded some more brighter colors to balance it out a little more.

And then there was the dragging pacing, especially in the first half of the series. It wasn't too much of a struggle, drudging through those earlier episodes, though I wished the story would have progressed a little quicker.

Characters were fine, I'm guessing some people disliked Lenalee becoming hopeless and crying for many episodes in the latter stages, but it's understandable from my point of view, losing ones innocence, power and confidence, resulting in her more fragile mental state, it's not a negative, it's how the story panned out.

Some arsepulls and inconsistencies with the power scaling, but nothing too damning or hard to come back from.

Wish we had more story or info on the Noahs and the Earl, they were enjoyable antagonists, hopefully I get that in Hollow.

Would have liked more romance/teasing between the main cast, not really a fault, more of a want. Ah well.

6/10, probably the most average long running series I've seen so far.
Jul 27, 2022 5:45 AM

May 2018
So this is the end of the journey (except the short sequel). I like it a lot even though the power scaling and asspulls are complete bs. I also like how lots of side characters die unlike other shounen jump series

Overall 6/10
Feb 17, 2023 7:12 AM

May 2020
Yes it's one of those endings which felt something along the lines of "End of Prologue" sort of thing and now we'll dive into the bigger part of the story from here on.

As expected someone did arrive just in the nick of time and he was Cross himself.. giving the final blow to level 4 and concluding its saga. Though things didn't exactly end the super happy way but atleast its good enough some of those known characters are still alive.. which does include those of the antagonists as well. Yes with Tyki, Road and Co. making their presence in the end, it's only a mystery what Millenium Earl's planning next. There's that thing with Fourteenth as well.

I liked the ending and pretty much the series overall, though sometimes pacing and those unnecessary filler-ish episodes did make it feel like a chore to get past through them but okay it was still a lot low on magnitude as compared to other 100+ episodes series.

Characters were likeable, and that's the good part as I don't remember anyone giving me a mental stigma. Plus I liked the 19th century european setting. Now the second season is just a cour long, good thing it won't take much time.

7/10.
Pages (6) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 51 Discussion

ashura - Oct 5, 2007

24 by Cammell »»
Mar 23, 6:49 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 20 Discussion

kie_ - Sep 14, 2008

27 by Gouveiaa »»
Jan 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 3 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

27 by lovefromyani »»
Jan 10, 12:43 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 2 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

41 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 16, 2008

83 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.