Forum Settings
Forums

Tokyo Government Approves Yosuga no Sora Anime

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 30, 2012 7:10 AM
Jun 2008
Seriously, this show got approved by Tokyo! Thank goodness that it wasn't banned unlike Aki-Sora though...

May 30, 2012 7:11 AM

Aug 2010
Nice to know, didn't expect it.
May 30, 2012 7:20 AM

Oct 2007
Moimy said:
You serious?
They must be kidding.
Oh Japan. You sure love a joke. Even if it's not a good one.
You didn't even read the article, did you?

Where is the joke in there?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 30, 2012 7:37 AM

Apr 2010
Now they have no excuse to keep on doing that "non blood related" cop out in anime.

May 30, 2012 8:11 AM

Jun 2010
I wonder if they ever review hentai... We all know "juveniles" view it...
Then again, maybe it's for the best hentai is brought under review by Japanese officials ;)

As far as incest in anime goes, I don't see the problem... If kids are stupid enough to be swayed by anime to bang their sister, those kids, in that sort of mental state, shouldn't have viewed any anime in the first place...

Also, this:
KingGidora said:
Sure, why not?

I mean horrible murder (Elfen Lied) and rape (Rinkan Club) is acceptable as long as you clearly say it is bad....Just as these titles clearly stated it.
May 30, 2012 8:16 AM

Sep 2008
Geez.. what a job to have to watch every fucked up show that gets dreamed up by the Japanese and vote it up or down for the government.

But glad to know Yosuga no Sora was recognized as a gem, as it should be.
Let the trend toward more wincest anime continue!
May 30, 2012 8:37 AM

Oct 2007
My dear god, most people here don't even know what the heck they are talking about while being mislead by the title.

May 30, 2012 8:42 AM

Feb 2009
I kinda miss the shitstorms we had in the forums when YnS was airing.
Good times, good times...
May 30, 2012 8:43 AM

Jan 2010
I think everyone knows how I feel about this.

God is not smiling today, that is all I can say.
Ok™
May 30, 2012 8:52 AM

Jun 2010
McRib said:

God hates gays, and he hates incestuous siblings.
May 30, 2012 8:56 AM

Sep 2008
Wow just wow tokyo this is crazy move ever o_O.
May 30, 2012 9:01 AM
Dec 2009
RyanSaotome said:
Now they have no excuse to keep on doing that "non blood related" cop out in anime.

I kinda don't get what you mean???

May 30, 2012 9:10 AM
Aug 2011
kandiiyuutaamu said:
RyanSaotome said:

Examples
Scenario 1:
Person A: We aren't really family, you were adopted from another family.(For no logical reason)

Person B: Then we can do whatever the hell we what then

Scenario 2:
Person A: What did you just say!?

Person B: We are not related by blood, my parents found you walking around and just decided then and there to pick you up. In other words, out former incestuous relationship, in now invalid. We can now freely and openly love one another.
May 30, 2012 9:25 AM

May 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kurini said:
The world is changing.

For the greater good of mankind

Censorship of art is not progress.
May 30, 2012 9:31 AM

Oct 2007
jmal said:
kandiiyuutaamu said:
RyanSaotome said:

He's noting that anime with romantic themes between siblings tend to reveal that they are not in fact directly blood related, but are rather siblings in a social/legal, not biological, sense. I.e., maybe the "sister" was another family's daughter, and when her parents died in a car crash she came to live with the brother's family and they were raised as siblings, never knowing the truth until later. That kind of setup has been seen a couple times before.

I guess his implication is that anime did this because biological incest was "taboo" while non-biological incest was "acceptable", and the approval of biological incest in YnS makes it okay for other writers to come up with biological incest stories.

As for me, I don't think it'll make a lot of difference, nor do I care too much whether it's biological or not. I do agree it can feel like a weak cop-out to build up the whole biological taboo and use that as your story hook, only to go "oh look they're actually not related so it's ok!" at the end. It's a little dishonest to play that game, but I can live with it and it generally doesn't make or break a show.
How did one read that the Government approved Incest is beyond me. They are saying the anime itself is acceptable but not the Incest because the anime did NOT approve Incest.

May 30, 2012 10:22 AM

Jan 2010
that mean ishihara who talk to ban anime, internet, etc approved yosuga no sora?
May 30, 2012 10:29 AM

Oct 2007
jmal said:
Siva said:
How did one read that the Government approved Incest is beyond me. They are saying the anime itself is acceptable but not the Incest because the anime did NOT approve Incest.

That's not quite the point. The point is that it was acceptable to depict at all, hence other anime could in theory do it too - they just need to play around with the writing enough to say "oh it's not necessarily good" while doing it anyway.

But even in that case, YnS is hardly the first, which is why I said I don't think this ruling means much of anything. It was done before and it'll be done again.
Wasn't the whole point of this anime saying that incest is bad? Or are you trying to say that having incest sex scene in this anime is bad no matter how they present it?

May 30, 2012 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
i wouldn't expect nothing less from japan still wondering why i'n not surprised. Makes me wonder what they would say about kiss x sis although i already know the answer too
May 30, 2012 11:29 AM

Mar 2012
Siva said:
jmal said:
Siva said:

That's not quite the point. The point is that it was acceptable to depict at all, hence other anime could in theory do it too - they just need to play around with the writing enough to say "oh it's not necessarily good" while doing it anyway.

But even in that case, YnS is hardly the first, which is why I said I don't think this ruling means much of anything. It was done before and it'll be done again.

Wasn't the whole point of this anime saying that incest is bad? Or are you trying to say that having incest sex scene in this anime is bad no matter how they present it?

You know what's bad? Censorship. Censorship is bad.
May 30, 2012 12:37 PM

Aug 2011
News title is misleading. Allowing something sure as hell isn't the same thing as approving it. They allow it and won't take any action to regulate it; they aren't approving (AKA encouraging) it.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kurini said:
The world is changing.
Uh... Trolling?

Last time I checked, birth defects never resulted in the greater good of mankind. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're referring to.

icantfeelmyarms said:
God hates gays, and he hates incestuous siblings.
LOL? Uh... no. God hates sin, not sinners.

jmal said:
Your "God"'s opinion is completely irrelevant.
It's a little bit more relevant than yours.

...And when I say "a little," I actually mean "a lot."
May 30, 2012 1:21 PM
Aug 2011
DraconisMarch said:
News title is misleading. Allowing something sure as hell isn't the same thing as approving it. They allow it and won't take any action to regulate it; they aren't approving (AKA encouraging) it.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kurini said:
The world is changing.
Uh... Trolling?

Last time I checked, birth defects never resulted in the greater good of mankind. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're referring to.

I was only referring to anime, or more specifically, fiction.
Fictional Incest = Approve
Real Life Incest = Boo
May 30, 2012 1:30 PM

Oct 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
DraconisMarch said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kurini said:
The world is changing.
Uh... Trolling?

I was only referring to anime, or more specifically, fiction.
Fictional Incest = Approve
Real Life Incest = Boo
^That should have been obvious.
May 30, 2012 1:33 PM

Oct 2011
jmal said:
Last time I checked, fictional characters couldn't give birth at all, except to other fictional characters, and only in exactly the way a writer wants them to.

Give birth, no.
Or rather not yet - but who knows what marvels will technology bring us!

Second part I agree - but more often it's fact that they don't have an argument so they go this way.
Still using Christian way of thinking towards Japan and their "unique" belief system (which I personally like very much btw) is a bit... wrong.

But it's all about protecting our society from law, that will force people to marry a turtle.
May 30, 2012 1:44 PM

Oct 2010
Dalek-baka said:
jmal said:
Last time I checked, fictional characters couldn't give birth at all, except to other fictional characters, and only in exactly the way a writer wants them to.

Give birth, no.

Second part I agree - but more often it's fact that they don't have an argument so they go this way.
Still using Christian way of thinking towards Japan and their "unique" belief system (which I personally like very much btw) is a bit... wrong.

But it's all about protecting our society from law, that will force people to marry a turtle.
WOW! That article is nuts. Yeah I wonder about it now.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 30, 2012 1:53 PM

Sep 2010
No, it's not spoiler free below here.

Wait, the fact that they accepted the incest is one thing (which is still weird), but the fact that Yosuga no Sora has all those sex scenes (including an incest one) is something they forget. But when I read "Although the section chief of the Youth Affairs concerned about the description of incest in the anime," isn't it that he didn't view it but just read the description? I can leave a lot of things in a description. Also if I remember correctly Haru eventually accepted Sora too.
Not that I don't hate this law and the fact that they exposed this show to it, also the music is so good in it.

Dalek-baka said:
After calling "Strike Witches" good example of family entertainment I'm not surprised

on the other side this Council is awesome XD
like they actually watched the series? getting paid for watching anime - that is something good
maybe they have some kind of schedule - on the next meeting they will determine if Madoka endangers youth by exposing them to contact with witches, and one-after it can Death Note be used as a tool of increasing literacy among kids
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_Murder
So don't even bring Death Note up.

Onyxthegreat said:
Hmm true, but aren't they step-siblings though? Haruka and Sora are actual blood-siblings.
Actually they're not just blood-siblings but even twins.

ataraxial said:
You know what's bad? Censorship. Censorship is bad.
True.
May 30, 2012 2:17 PM

Oct 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

My hope for humanity is thinking that this is some hoax or crazy way of explaining that she is pregnant (some kind of XXI century tale of becoming pregnant from water in a bath or sleeping fetus)

Because if she really thinks that this happened...
Dalek-bakaMay 30, 2012 2:27 PM
May 30, 2012 2:22 PM
Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Dalek-baka said:

Give birth, no.

That woman probably got wasted, and knocked up during the "after party". This doesn't even come close to being theoretically possible.
Gatchum_Bye-ByeMay 30, 2012 2:30 PM
May 30, 2012 2:26 PM
Jun 2011
And this time, anime wins and censorship lost.
May 30, 2012 2:36 PM

Jul 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Dalek-baka said:

Give birth, no.

That woman probably got wasted, and knocked up during the "after party". This doesn't even come close to being theoretically possible.

... DNA test? Beats any claims. :P

And about the topic:

...what? The government should actually watch what it's allowing... might make them consider a bit more.
May 30, 2012 4:38 PM

Jan 2010
- Oh, it has incest sex scenes, like in Aki-Sora! We must ban it!
- But wait, later they say that it was a bad thing to do.
- Well, it's okay then.

GENIUS.
May 30, 2012 4:48 PM

Apr 2008
Ahh right, societey is still stuck in evolution with their QQ about incest, racism, muder and so forth and these few certain smart figures deciding needless stuff for us...I'm gonna cryofreeze, lemme know when people got past these trivial things.
May 30, 2012 5:02 PM

Jan 2012
McRib said:

McRib, we all don't really give a damn about you and your god. In my point of view, there is no god , but that's just my opinion, you can believe whatever the fuck you want .

No worries, I respect your religion .
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
May 30, 2012 5:55 PM
Jan 2010
To all who thinks that Yosuga no Sora doesn't deserve the approval of the Tokyo Government: Haters gonna hate.

At least this means they are smart enough to watch and properly analyze the story of Yosuga no Sora instead of impulsively labeling it as "incest shit".

After being one of the highest-selling eroge adaptations yet and getting this approval by the government, I have to say that the anime series' production team did a good job in the series.
May 30, 2012 6:15 PM

Oct 2010
Orix said:
To all who thinks that Yosuga no Sora doesn't deserve the approval of the Tokyo Government: Haters gonna hate.

At least this means they are smart enough to watch and properly analyze the story of Yosuga no Sora instead of impulsively labeling it as "incest shit".

After being one of the highest-selling eroge adaptations yet and getting this approval by the government, I have to say that the anime series' production team did a good job in the series.
The series does promote in the worse situation possible as that the other person does kill themselves. If Haru did not want anything of Sora, I do think she would kill herself.

That being said have you ever asked yourself if incest is OK as long as no birth is given? Only for the love and lust of the 2? I know it sounds like not full proof and birth can happen but surely if none does DO WE CARE STILL?

Do we care if our population does not have any of those but simple the love of 2 people? I think I can live with that one but the other of birth I would not.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 30, 2012 6:52 PM

Jan 2012
-LovelyDandere said:
jmal said:
McRib said:

Your "God"'s opinion is completely irrelevant.

Exactly, good sir.

We don't know and don't to know about your feelings,mcRib
May 30, 2012 7:34 PM

Nov 2011
Orix said:

No it's not just haters hating. It's just the series itself isn't that great. They tried fitting to many girls into 12 episodes. Leading to little character development. Literally a new girl every 2-3 episodes with the first episode being an introduction, the main character is a grade A example of generic besides in the Sora arc(Most of the characters are pretty generic.), the "conflicts" are to simple, easy to read, and finish to quickly. But then I get to fap for about 2 minutes for a nice little sex scene(of course no genitals are shown.)

If you think the reason why so many people have mixed feelings about this show is because of incest that isn't exactly why. I easily can look past it and I find that specific arc to be the best arc in the show. The way everything is just crammed in with 12 episodes though left me feeling really unsatisfied. Although I will say when introducing the incest part it should be more "built up on" instead of surprising the viewer. I remember when I was watching it and they showed:

But their were just a lot of problems with the show itself, not every one who doesn't like the show thinks "incest shit".

Eroge>anime adaption
RagixMay 30, 2012 7:42 PM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 30, 2012 7:49 PM

Jul 2011
^
Like he said. As much as I enjoyed Yosuga no Sora, the controversial content is not the only problem with this series, the script and the time constraints are also worth of criticize.
Weird news if you ask me, though I don´t care much.
May 30, 2012 8:00 PM
Nov 2008
Coming up next, Boku no Pico is awarded the Nobel Prize of Literature.
May 30, 2012 8:54 PM

Jul 2009
The title of this thread kind of gives you the impression that the guys from the Tokyo Government are huge fans of the show...
May 30, 2012 8:59 PM

May 2009
Givemeyosandwich said:
The title of this thread kind of gives you the impression that the guys from the Tokyo Government are huge fans of the show...

Who says they aren't?...

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
May 30, 2012 9:01 PM

Jan 2012
Givemeyosandwich said:

Check the news out before you start typing . Tokyo Government made the last 2 years a nearly complete hellhole for creators and fans alike. Things got banned and restricted
May 30, 2012 10:34 PM

Mar 2011
Ahahaha! Japan never fails to amaze me
May 31, 2012 12:56 AM

Jan 2012
Well i suppose Yosuga No Sora wasn't TOO extreme
May 31, 2012 4:23 AM
Feb 2012
''Tokyo Government Approves Yosuga no Sora Anime.''
Well Yosuga no Sora Was a good anime so why the fuck not? =)
May 31, 2012 6:14 PM

Jun 2010
Oh man. Love the show but cannot believe it wasn't approved the by gov't. That is surprising. I want to see what else they will approve.
May 31, 2012 6:49 PM
Mar 2012
DraconisMarch said:
Last time I checked, birth defects never resulted in the greater good of mankind.
Last time I checked, people invented contraception and adoption. Inbreeding does increase the chance of birth defects, incest - not necessarily.
Also, hypocrisy at it's finest. Heavy drinking and smoking also increases chances of birth defects, but i never heard them to be frowned upon as much.
2. "Because Deity said it's a sin"
Not an argument for non-believers (and perhaps believers of faiths which don't deem it abnormal, if there are any) as it doesn't answer the question "Why is it considered sin?" Everyone is free to believe or not believe it.
3. Immoral.
Morality is subjected to change with time. Some time ago sex before marriage was considered outrageous. Once forbidden and frowned upon from there on, incest can be accepted again if it won't have any bad effects.

Any more reasons why incest is bad?
May 31, 2012 7:10 PM

Jan 2012
HYBRID_BEING said:
DraconisMarch said:
Last time I checked, birth defects never resulted in the greater good of mankind.
Last time I checked, people invented contraception and adoption. Inbreeding does increase the chance of birth defects, incest - not necessarily.
Also, hypocrisy at it's finest. Heavy drinking and smoking also increases chances of birth defects, but i never heard them to be frowned upon as much.
2. "Because Deity said it's a sin"
Not an argument for non-believers (and perhaps believers of faiths which don't deem it abnormal, if there are any) as it doesn't answer the question "Why is it considered sin?" Everyone is free to believe or not believe it.
3. Immoral.
Morality is subjected to change with time. Some time ago sex before marriage was considered outrageous. Once forbidden and frowned upon from there on, incest can be accepted again if it won't have any bad effects.

Any more reasons why incest is bad?

its just that the haters from the Church/Mosque are doing their job . No matter what you say, they won't change their point of view. Its their life, don't bother explaining it to them .
May 31, 2012 9:22 PM

Dec 2010
I'm so glad their government recognizes this amazing piece of art. Also, more exposure for Yosuga no Sora so yay!
Mika_InamoriMay 31, 2012 9:59 PM
Jun 4, 2012 3:35 AM

Jul 2008
I will admit as from watching the series it does show through the other character how much incest isn't accepted in society. Leaving his sister who doesn't understand the problem. You can tell that the main protagonist does have a difficult time and sees confusion onto what has happened so far as to make it happen or was his sister like this all along.
Jun 20, 2012 10:59 PM

May 2009
lol, Japanese Government is like Fk it. This is Japan, what can we fking do.... Only in Japan. XD
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

6 by DrHizzle »»
1 minute ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

9 by Maumuu »»
50 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
6 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.