Forum Settings
Forums

Tokyo Government Approves Yosuga no Sora Anime

New
May 30, 2012 3:22 AM

Feb 2008
According to the minutes of the proceedings recorded at the 623rd Tokyo Metropolitan Council for Healthy Nurture of Juveniles held on May 14th, TV anime "Yosuga no Sora" was brought up for discussion. Although the section chief of the Youth Affairs concerned about the description of incest in the anime, he reached a conclusion that Yosuga no Sora does not violate Tokyo government's anime and manga regulation ordinance because the description was not excessive and there was no intention in the anime to present incest as socially accepted.

Source: Account of the meeting (PDF file)
Related topic: Manga Aki-Sora To Be Discontinued Due to Incestuous Contents
dtshykMay 30, 2012 3:23 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2012 3:44 AM

Jul 2010
Heh, interesting. I must say this series is one of the only ones (that I watched) of the incest kind that actually tries to make the protagonist feel guilty and let him question if what he is doing is actually wrong. In the end

May 30, 2012 3:48 AM

Aug 2009
I guess it's true that Yosuga didn't make incest acceptable, so.I understand their decision. Aki Sora, on the other hand, pretty much approves on every dirty incestuous thing that happens in it, so the reason for that getting discontinued is understandable.
May 30, 2012 3:50 AM

Jul 2008
Well thats good news for the producers and the creator.
May 30, 2012 3:52 AM

Oct 2011
After calling "Strike Witches" good example of family entertainment I'm not surprised

on the other side this Council is awesome XD
like they actually watched the series? getting paid for watching anime - that is something good
maybe they have some kind of schedule - on the next meeting they will determine if Madoka endangers youth by exposing them to contact with witches, and one-after it can Death Note be used as a tool of increasing literacy among kids
May 30, 2012 4:02 AM

Aug 2008
Dalek-baka said:
After calling "Strike Witches" good example of family entertainment I'm not surprised

like they actually watched the series? getting paid for watching anime - that is something good
maybe they have some kind of schedule - on the next meeting they will determine if Madoka endangers youth by exposing them to contact with witches, and one-after it can Death Note be used as a tool of increasing literacy among kids

you sir, just made my evening. :D
"..Hibari Kyoya is L.O.V.E..."

.. Wanna ask me something? Clicky HERE~!
May 30, 2012 4:09 AM

Aug 2008
Dalek-baka said:

I'm guessing you had little exposure to work in politics. They've watched it just like they read every paper that lands on their desk. They still talk about them and decide their fate though

Onyxthegreat said:
Heh, interesting. I must say this series is one of the only ones (that I watched) of the incest kind that actually tries to make the protagonist feel guilty and let him question if what he is doing is actually wrong.
Da Capo. And in other shows we only see them admitting their love for each other,
KvakondMay 30, 2012 4:13 AM
May 30, 2012 4:24 AM

Sep 2009
You serious?
They must be kidding.
Oh Japan. You sure love a joke. Even if it's not a good one.
May 30, 2012 4:27 AM

Oct 2009
Twincest at its finest. Now approved by the Tokyo government. What more could you want ?
May 30, 2012 4:29 AM

May 2010
Should be action taken just for making such a terrible anime to begin with, never mind the incest.
May 30, 2012 4:36 AM

Oct 2010
I am not sure of this. It's weird cause it was regarded as terrible and insulting for the village it was presented in. It caused the ban outspur and did the cancellation of Aki-Sora cause of it.

So I want to know one thing, JAPAN YOU SHITTING ME?

Pretty much. The reasons are mundane as water flows. That is to promote sex through not using protection and to have it at young ages with no consequence on one's education nor on their life if they have kid. Instead of promoting education.

That being said perhaps Yosuga no Sora may prove to be a nice romantic anime that holds truth in romance and its proper ways however there is one girl:
http://myanimelist.net/character/33218/Nao_Yorihime
that shit should never occur, that is rape. For that, I can't understand the approval of this other than a means of force to conceive kids and have the male take responsibility for it.

That being said Yosuga should instead be promoted in showing out settings of landscape and a bit of the rural life. NOT SOCIAL LIFE itself. That are far too many controversial elements ranging from Mature/young sex coupling to other weird shits. However to promote sex and family it might not be the worst one yet to promote.

I leave it like that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 30, 2012 4:43 AM

May 2011
Mahadev_Shiki said:
Well thats good news for the producers and the creator.

Tell me about it.
May 30, 2012 4:53 AM

Oct 2011
Kvakond said:
I'm guessing you had little exposure to work in politics. They've watched it just like they read every paper that lands on their desk. They still talk about them and decide their fate though

oh, unfortunately I had quite a lot of exposure to it (they pay well so why not :P).

of course even for a moment I wouldn't expect that they read some materials or listen to experts
so it's either some meaningless and unsupported quarrel about the topic: "Does watching anime makes people want to seduce their sisters or mothers - and is logical consequence of it is marrying a turtle"
or they made some kind of screening where 50% of people were asleep (actually or just in a brain), 45% didn't came and 5% was catching up with episodes they didn't saw
I also consider first option as more probable but second is much more awesome (also people would start coming to City Council meetings and take part in decision making)
May 30, 2012 6:03 AM

Aug 2008
The world is changing.
May 30, 2012 6:07 AM
Aug 2011
Kurini said:
The world is changing.

For the greater good of mankind
Gatchum_Bye-ByeMay 30, 2012 6:17 AM
May 30, 2012 6:09 AM

Nov 2008
Serious hypocrisy here from Tokyo's dictatorship, it was them that made the last 2 years a nearly complete hellhole for creators and fans alike. Things got banned and restricted, I rather have a formal apology and resignations.

May 30, 2012 6:24 AM

Jan 2012
Hoppy said:
Serious hypocrisy here from Tokyo's dictatorship, it was them that made the last 2 years a nearly complete hellhole for creators and fans alike. Things got banned and restricted, I rather have a formal apology and resignations.

That's how this world works. Full of fucking hypocrites
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
May 30, 2012 6:32 AM

Jul 2010
Kvakond said:
Dalek-baka said:

Onyxthegreat said:
Heh, interesting. I must say this series is one of the only ones (that I watched) of the incest kind that actually tries to make the protagonist feel guilty and let him question if what he is doing is actually wrong.
Da Capo. And in other shows we only see them admitting their love for each other,

Hmm true, but aren't they step-siblings though? Haruka and Sora are actual blood-siblings.

May 30, 2012 6:33 AM
Mar 2010
Koi Kaze ( http://myanimelist.net/anime/634/Koi_Kaze ) did a better job I think.
May 30, 2012 7:09 AM

May 2011
Sure, why not?

I mean horrible murder (Elfen Lied) and rape (Rinkan Club) is acceptable as long as you clearly say it is bad....Just as those titles clearly stated it.
AristoteMay 3, 2013 3:15 PM
May 30, 2012 7:10 AM
Jun 2008
Seriously, this show got approved by Tokyo! Thank goodness that it wasn't banned unlike Aki-Sora though...

May 30, 2012 7:11 AM

Aug 2010
Nice to know, didn't expect it.
May 30, 2012 7:20 AM

Oct 2007
Moimy said:
You serious?
They must be kidding.
Oh Japan. You sure love a joke. Even if it's not a good one.
You didn't even read the article, did you?

Where is the joke in there?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 30, 2012 7:37 AM

Apr 2010
Now they have no excuse to keep on doing that "non blood related" cop out in anime.

May 30, 2012 8:11 AM

Jun 2010
I wonder if they ever review hentai... We all know "juveniles" view it...
Then again, maybe it's for the best hentai is brought under review by Japanese officials ;)

As far as incest in anime goes, I don't see the problem... If kids are stupid enough to be swayed by anime to bang their sister, those kids, in that sort of mental state, shouldn't have viewed any anime in the first place...

Also, this:
KingGidora said:
Sure, why not?

I mean horrible murder (Elfen Lied) and rape (Rinkan Club) is acceptable as long as you clearly say it is bad....Just as these titles clearly stated it.
May 30, 2012 8:16 AM

Sep 2008
Geez.. what a job to have to watch every fucked up show that gets dreamed up by the Japanese and vote it up or down for the government.

But glad to know Yosuga no Sora was recognized as a gem, as it should be.
Let the trend toward more wincest anime continue!
May 30, 2012 8:37 AM

Oct 2007
My dear god, most people here don't even know what the heck they are talking about while being mislead by the title.

May 30, 2012 8:42 AM

Feb 2009
I kinda miss the shitstorms we had in the forums when YnS was airing.
Good times, good times...
May 30, 2012 8:43 AM

Jan 2010
I think everyone knows how I feel about this.

God is not smiling today, that is all I can say.
Ok™
May 30, 2012 8:52 AM

Jun 2010
McRib said:
I think everyone knows how I feel about this.

God is not smiling today, that is all I can say.

God hates gays, and he hates incestuous siblings.
May 30, 2012 8:56 AM

Sep 2008
Wow just wow tokyo this is crazy move ever o_O.
May 30, 2012 9:01 AM
Dec 2009
RyanSaotome said:
Now they have no excuse to keep on doing that "non blood related" cop out in anime.

I kinda don't get what you mean???

May 30, 2012 9:10 AM
Aug 2011
kandiiyuutaamu said:
RyanSaotome said:

Examples
Scenario 1:
Person A: We aren't really family, you were adopted from another family.(For no logical reason)

Person B: Then we can do whatever the hell we what then

Scenario 2:
Person A: What did you just say!?

Person B: We are not related by blood, my parents found you walking around and just decided then and there to pick you up. In other words, out former incestuous relationship, in now invalid. We can now freely and openly love one another.
May 30, 2012 9:25 AM

May 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kurini said:
The world is changing.

Censorship of art is not progress.
May 30, 2012 9:31 AM

Oct 2007
jmal said:
kandiiyuutaamu said:
RyanSaotome said:

He's noting that anime with romantic themes between siblings tend to reveal that they are not in fact directly blood related, but are rather siblings in a social/legal, not biological, sense. I.e., maybe the "sister" was another family's daughter, and when her parents died in a car crash she came to live with the brother's family and they were raised as siblings, never knowing the truth until later. That kind of setup has been seen a couple times before.

I guess his implication is that anime did this because biological incest was "taboo" while non-biological incest was "acceptable", and the approval of biological incest in YnS makes it okay for other writers to come up with biological incest stories.

As for me, I don't think it'll make a lot of difference, nor do I care too much whether it's biological or not. I do agree it can feel like a weak cop-out to build up the whole biological taboo and use that as your story hook, only to go "oh look they're actually not related so it's ok!" at the end. It's a little dishonest to play that game, but I can live with it and it generally doesn't make or break a show.
How did one read that the Government approved Incest is beyond me. They are saying the anime itself is acceptable but not the Incest because the anime did NOT approve Incest.

May 30, 2012 10:22 AM

Jan 2010
that mean ishihara who talk to ban anime, internet, etc approved yosuga no sora?
May 30, 2012 10:29 AM

Oct 2007
jmal said:
Siva said:
How did one read that the Government approved Incest is beyond me. They are saying the anime itself is acceptable but not the Incest because the anime did NOT approve Incest.

That's not quite the point. The point is that it was acceptable to depict at all, hence other anime could in theory do it too - they just need to play around with the writing enough to say "oh it's not necessarily good" while doing it anyway.

But even in that case, YnS is hardly the first, which is why I said I don't think this ruling means much of anything. It was done before and it'll be done again.
Wasn't the whole point of this anime saying that incest is bad? Or are you trying to say that having incest sex scene in this anime is bad no matter how they present it?

May 30, 2012 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
i wouldn't expect nothing less from japan still wondering why i'n not surprised. Makes me wonder what they would say about kiss x sis although i already know the answer too
May 30, 2012 11:29 AM

Mar 2012
Siva said:
jmal said:
Siva said:

That's not quite the point. The point is that it was acceptable to depict at all, hence other anime could in theory do it too - they just need to play around with the writing enough to say "oh it's not necessarily good" while doing it anyway.

But even in that case, YnS is hardly the first, which is why I said I don't think this ruling means much of anything. It was done before and it'll be done again.

Wasn't the whole point of this anime saying that incest is bad? Or are you trying to say that having incest sex scene in this anime is bad no matter how they present it?

You know what's bad? Censorship. Censorship is bad.
May 30, 2012 12:37 PM

Aug 2011
News title is misleading. Allowing something sure as hell isn't the same thing as approving it. They allow it and won't take any action to regulate it; they aren't approving (AKA encouraging) it.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kurini said:
The world is changing.
Uh... Trolling?

Last time I checked, birth defects never resulted in the greater good of mankind. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're referring to.

icantfeelmyarms said:
God hates gays, and he hates incestuous siblings.
LOL? Uh... no. God hates sin, not sinners.

jmal said:
Your "God"'s opinion is completely irrelevant.
It's a little bit more relevant than yours.

...And when I say "a little," I actually mean "a lot."
May 30, 2012 1:21 PM
Aug 2011
DraconisMarch said:
News title is misleading. Allowing something sure as hell isn't the same thing as approving it. They allow it and won't take any action to regulate it; they aren't approving (AKA encouraging) it.

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kurini said:
The world is changing.
Uh... Trolling?

Last time I checked, birth defects never resulted in the greater good of mankind. Unless I'm misinterpreting what you're referring to.

I was only referring to anime, or more specifically, fiction.
Fictional Incest = Approve
Real Life Incest = Boo
May 30, 2012 1:30 PM

Oct 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
DraconisMarch said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kurini said:
The world is changing.
Uh... Trolling?

I was only referring to anime, or more specifically, fiction.
Fictional Incest = Approve
Real Life Incest = Boo
^That should have been obvious.
May 30, 2012 1:33 PM

Oct 2011
jmal said:
Last time I checked, fictional characters couldn't give birth at all, except to other fictional characters, and only in exactly the way a writer wants them to.

Give birth, no.
Or rather not yet - but who knows what marvels will technology bring us!

Second part I agree - but more often it's fact that they don't have an argument so they go this way.
Still using Christian way of thinking towards Japan and their "unique" belief system (which I personally like very much btw) is a bit... wrong.

But it's all about protecting our society from law, that will force people to marry a turtle.
May 30, 2012 1:44 PM

Oct 2010
Dalek-baka said:
jmal said:
Last time I checked, fictional characters couldn't give birth at all, except to other fictional characters, and only in exactly the way a writer wants them to.

Give birth, no.

Second part I agree - but more often it's fact that they don't have an argument so they go this way.
Still using Christian way of thinking towards Japan and their "unique" belief system (which I personally like very much btw) is a bit... wrong.

But it's all about protecting our society from law, that will force people to marry a turtle.
WOW! That article is nuts. Yeah I wonder about it now.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 30, 2012 1:53 PM

Sep 2010
No, it's not spoiler free below here.

Wait, the fact that they accepted the incest is one thing (which is still weird), but the fact that Yosuga no Sora has all those sex scenes (including an incest one) is something they forget. But when I read "Although the section chief of the Youth Affairs concerned about the description of incest in the anime," isn't it that he didn't view it but just read the description? I can leave a lot of things in a description. Also if I remember correctly Haru eventually accepted Sora too.
Not that I don't hate this law and the fact that they exposed this show to it, also the music is so good in it.

Dalek-baka said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_Murder
So don't even bring Death Note up.

Onyxthegreat said:
Hmm true, but aren't they step-siblings though? Haruka and Sora are actual blood-siblings.
Actually they're not just blood-siblings but even twins.

ataraxial said:
You know what's bad? Censorship. Censorship is bad.
True.
May 30, 2012 2:17 PM

Oct 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

My hope for humanity is thinking that this is some hoax or crazy way of explaining that she is pregnant (some kind of XXI century tale of becoming pregnant from water in a bath or sleeping fetus)

Because if she really thinks that this happened...
Dalek-bakaMay 30, 2012 2:27 PM
May 30, 2012 2:22 PM
Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Dalek-baka said:

Give birth, no.

That woman probably got wasted, and knocked up during the "after party". This doesn't even come close to being theoretically possible.
Gatchum_Bye-ByeMay 30, 2012 2:30 PM
May 30, 2012 2:26 PM
Jun 2011
And this time, anime wins and censorship lost.
May 30, 2012 2:36 PM

Jul 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Dalek-baka said:

Give birth, no.

That woman probably got wasted, and knocked up during the "after party". This doesn't even come close to being theoretically possible.

... DNA test? Beats any claims. :P

And about the topic:

...what? The government should actually watch what it's allowing... might make them consider a bit more.
May 30, 2012 4:38 PM

Jan 2010
- Oh, it has incest sex scenes, like in Aki-Sora! We must ban it!
- But wait, later they say that it was a bad thing to do.
- Well, it's okay then.

GENIUS.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

71 by MichaelJackson »»
43 seconds ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

3 by Maumuu »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.