Forum Settings
Forums

Toonami Block Returns to Adult Swim, Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins to Air

New
May 21, 2012 12:20 PM

Jun 2008
Adult Swim announced last week that it would revive the Toonami anime block after asking its followers in April if they would like it back. According to their schedule, Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins are set to air at 12:30AM and 1:00AM, respectively, on the morning of May 27 when the block returns, along with older Adult Swim shows. The two series will air again at 3:30AM and 4:00AM after the schedule repeats.

Source: Adult Swim Schedule
myanimelistllcMay 1, 2016 9:30 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 21, 2012 12:23 PM
Mar 2011
Casshern Sins [ bad luck[
show thr proper Casshern
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 21, 2012 12:23 PM

Dec 2010
It's just an AS reskin.
May 21, 2012 12:24 PM

May 2010
Deadman Wonderland? :o
wow...
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 21, 2012 12:28 PM

Sep 2008
But, but... Deadman Wonderland is bad. Why would they show a bad show?
May 21, 2012 12:32 PM

Jan 2010
Deadman Wonderland got dubbed?

That's news to me.
Ok™
May 21, 2012 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
Should be airing shit like Steins;Gate and other win shows. Just because Deadman Wonderland is bloody and shit doesn't mean it should have priority. Probably will appeal to people looking for something 'new and cool'.
May 21, 2012 12:39 PM

Feb 2008
Deadman Wonderland is godawful shit, though at least they're balancing the crap out with Casshern Sins.
May 21, 2012 12:40 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm, I'd heard about Toonami coming back.

I'd also heard rumours of it showing Madoka and Panty & Stocking.

But we ended up with Darkman Censorland.

This is why Toonami disappeared in the first place. Terrible programming a good channel does not make.

Interesting to see Casshern Sins there though.
May 21, 2012 12:45 PM

Jun 2011
Will try to watch Casshern Sins because why the fuck not.

I'm surprised that Panty & Stocking isn't on there with their recent dub announcement.
May 21, 2012 12:53 PM

Apr 2010
Let the shitstorm begin.

Deadman Wonderland isn't a good show, but it's got decent action. I have no complaints about it being on [as]. I would rather watch it over other shounens that have been airing like Bleach or Kekkaishi.
SalingaMay 21, 2012 1:00 PM
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
May 21, 2012 12:56 PM
May 2012
is deadmanland wonderland or casshern sins good anime or not?i read all this posts making both sound bad news.
May 21, 2012 1:00 PM

Jan 2011
I haven't seen Casshrn sins so now I have a reason to watch it.

Deadman wonderland anime doesn't even tell the whole story I don't know why they decided to air it. (Probably just becuase it has a English OP)
[center]
May 21, 2012 1:01 PM

Feb 2011
already seen the casshern sins dub, so meh.... i'll probably watch it again anyway.
May 21, 2012 1:04 PM

Aug 2008
Seasonreaper said:
Hmm, I'd heard about Toonami coming back.

I'd also heard rumours of it showing Madoka and Panty & Stocking.

But we ended up with Darkman Censorland.

This is why Toonami disappeared in the first place. Terrible programming a good channel does not make.

Interesting to see Casshern Sins there though.
I'd love to see PMMM. And Funi tweeted something about wanting P&S being aired on it too.
May 21, 2012 1:06 PM
Mar 2012
Hurvilo said:
But, but... Deadman Wonderland is bad. Why would they show a bad show?

It was cheap, it has action, and they're gambling that it has enough appeal to Western fans that it will help with the ratings. Funimation also gets a chance to showcase it so they can really sell the DVDs of it when it comes out.(Being a Kadokawa property, I doubt it gets a BD).
May 21, 2012 1:11 PM

Jan 2012
Glad to see Toonami back and haven't seen Deadman Wonderland yet and if is playing on Toonami either dubbed or not I am kind of excited.

Nipaa~
May 21, 2012 1:15 PM

Sep 2011
Hopefully they change this.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
May 21, 2012 1:15 PM

Aug 2007
If they want profit, they shoud just have Hetalia on air and a billion of fangirls with join watching [ as ]/ toonami.

But they rather have action animu, in which cases, I'd rather see Madoka Magica than those 2 animu.
May 21, 2012 1:23 PM
Sep 2011
They made a good decision with choosing Chasshern Sins. With Deadman Wonderland... not so much. But I assume both were selected because of the action parts which are admittedly really solid in both. Casshern Sins just has a thought-provoking plot and better direction not to mention visuals to top it off.
May 21, 2012 1:23 PM

May 2009
i've seen the dub for Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland subbed off Crunchyroll and they are pretty decent series, I can see why they chose them, they might interest a wider audience and also its going to air late anyway so people shouldn't care so much
May 21, 2012 1:26 PM

Aug 2011
Casshern Sins is legit. But I already own it, so whatever. At least they got something good lined up.
May 21, 2012 1:27 PM

Apr 2008
I wish they'd show Death Note again so I could rewatch it. It's been like 4 years since I've seen it.
May 21, 2012 1:28 PM

Aug 2011
im glad its back, i was hoping they'd air darker than black and requiem for the phantom instead tho...
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/GregRocks&sclick=1">

"Gravity is just a myth. Jon Fitch is holding everything down. He's like the opposite of Atlas, he's got the world under his shoulder."
May 21, 2012 1:33 PM

Nov 2011
It kind of sucks though they are basing more of their anime on good action scenes then everything else. Currently watching Deadman Wonderland and it's not all that cracked up to what I thought it would be.

I also decided to check out Casshern Sins(watching it right now) and while it is better plot-wise, etc. I'm not exactly going crazy over it either.

The shows are just decent. Hopefully they'll be lining up some better shows or else Toonami may go down and under again.
RagixMay 21, 2012 1:44 PM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 21, 2012 1:42 PM

Nov 2010
Not a very good choice. Madoka, Steins;Gate, durarara!! or even Tiger and Bunny would be a better choice (I don't even know if choosing them would be possible due to copyright ownership, existence of a dub and whatnot, I'm just mentioning some recent anime that could've fit better there...)
May 21, 2012 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
Terrible. Terrible, terrible crap here! Oh yeah, we're gonna rejuvenate anime on US television by putting two of the most deplorable, egotistical, boring, and god-awful TV shows on air! What a failed opportunity!! Who made a pact with Satan and Funimation!!??
May 21, 2012 1:47 PM
Mar 2011
Orochi9 said:
Terrible. Terrible, terrible crap here! Oh yeah, we're gonna rejuvenate anime on US television by putting two of the most deplorable, egotistical, boring, and god-awful TV shows on air! What a failed opportunity!! Who made a pact with Satan and Funimation!!??

Explain
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 21, 2012 1:51 PM
Mar 2012
kurosaki_kabuto said:
Not a very good choice. Madoka, Steins;Gate, durarara!! or even Tiger and Bunny would be a better choice (I don't even know if choosing them would be possible due to copyright ownership, existence of a dub and whatnot, I'm just mentioning some recent anime that could've fit better there...)

They already did try Durarara on AS. It did badly in the ratings or so I was told.

Madoka would not appeal to the Bleach/Shounen Jump fans and you'd have to get them to watch until at least the 3rd episode(episode 6 is where it starts to get really good though).

Stein's;Gate might not be finished with its dub yet and it is more sci-fi than action.

Tiger & Bunny may have been too expensive for them right now. If this works, then I wouldn't be surprised to see it on there. Plus they probably just started the English dub since Viz is a terrible company and should have started that dub a while ago.

Deadman Wonderland has a good chance of appealing to the same fans that watch Bleach. I think it's a good choice, and plus it was inexpensive for them to get.
May 21, 2012 1:51 PM
Nov 2011
Well, the line-up so far looks disappointing but I hope in the future, if Toonami succeed like the old days, better stuff will come. I would comment on the anime they pick but since I have not seen both of them, I wouldn't.

But, dammit, I was hoping that PS&G or Madoka Magica would play on Toonami.
Reviewer. Spillio. Gentleman. All of the elements of the Blue Hybrid.
May 21, 2012 1:55 PM
Dec 2011
well im glad theyre letting westerners experience deadman wonderand and casshern sins. though obviously they could of done better.
May 21, 2012 1:56 PM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
It's weird to see a lot of hate for Deadman Wonderland. I'm all for them putting it on their. I've never seen Casshern Sins, so I don't really care that much.
May 21, 2012 1:57 PM

Apr 2010
After Drrr did record lows for their Saturday Night block, I'd be surprised if they ever tried to air another otaku aimed anime.

May 21, 2012 2:00 PM

Apr 2011
Dear Toonami, will you forsaken yourself once more? REALLY? Deadman Wonderland? Yes it is/WAS "good" (using that term VERY LOOSELY) but not "good" enough to be shown on your channel. Want views and pretty much a guarantee from your loyal fanbase that you will never be canceled again? Show the following programs :

Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Mirai Nikki
Shakugan no Shana
Angel Beats!
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

That should do for maybe about a month or two? I know dubbing is a bitch a money is a pain to grasp onto, but getting those shows on would really set Toonami forward.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
May 21, 2012 2:06 PM

Nov 2011
BULLDOG266 said:
Dear Toonami, will you forsaken yourself once more? REALLY? Deadman Wonderland? Yes it is/WAS "good" (using that term VERY LOOSELY) but not "good" enough to be shown on your channel. Want views and pretty much a guarantee from your loyal fanbase that you will never be canceled again? Show the following programs :

Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Mirai Nikki
Shakugan no Shana
Angel Beats!
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

That should do for maybe about a month or two? I know dubbing is a bitch a money is a pain to grasp onto, but getting those shows on would really set Toonami forward.

Adult Swim has nothing to do with the dubbing process. Companies like Funimation have to pick up a series and dub it, which then Adult Swim would pick up the dub and air it on Toonami. If the dub hasn't already started(Before Toonami airs) or is complete don't expect it on Toonami.

Although I agree they should line-up a lot better animes we forget that a lot of the viewers are going to be new to anime as well. As we can see from Durarara!! even though it is a great show to new-comers of anime they just couldn't grasp it. Most of us started that way to. We all watched the action-packed animes on TV, went to the internet and began trying out different animes. Think of Toonami as a stepping stool for newcomers to anime.
RagixMay 21, 2012 2:10 PM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 21, 2012 2:08 PM

Feb 2011
lol @ the doom and gloom in here. they said theyre at a tight budget at the moment so if the ratings turn out well then we can expect even better shows...
May 21, 2012 2:09 PM

Dec 2009
Very good news. :)

Sep 2011
BULLDOG266 said:

Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Mirai Nikki
Shakugan no Shana
Angel Beats!
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

Bakemono and Nisemono may not be a good idea due to the heavy dialouge. Besides, there'll be Bleach fans watching this. I doubt the majority of them will be intelligent enough to understand Bake or Nise.

Other then that, Madoka, Mirai Nikki, Shakugan no Shana and Angel Beats! would be MUCH better choices if they want to show an actiony anime. The characters are much more likeable and they're all better plotwise (in my opinion, at least)
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
Wow. Half of the people in this thread to chill about this. Just because they aren't going to air Steins;Gate or Madoka doesn't mean they aren't opened to it.
May 21, 2012 2:10 PM

Sep 2011
While I've never seen Casshern Sins (and I personally don't care for it), Deadman Wonderland is meh in my opinion. Whatever. There's always possibilities in the future.
May 21, 2012 2:11 PM

Apr 2011
BULLDOG266 said:

Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Mirai Nikki
Shakugan no Shana
Angel Beats!
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

Yeah sure if you want Toonami to die again. These show only caters to a very small audience (Otaku) and that's not what toonami is looking for.
May 21, 2012 2:12 PM

Feb 2012
msercert said:
is deadmanland wonderland or casshern sins good anime or not?i read all this posts making both sound bad news.

Skip the Deadman Wonderland anime and read the manga instead, it's much better.
May 21, 2012 2:14 PM

Sep 2011
Yea Casshern Sins :D The dub wasn't so bad. But never seen Deadman Wonderland. I'll believe you guys and assume it's crappy :P
May 21, 2012 2:15 PM

Apr 2011
-LovelyDandere said:
BULLDOG266 said:

Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Mirai Nikki
Shakugan no Shana
Angel Beats!
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

Bakemono and Nisemono may not be a good idea due to the heavy dialouge. Besides, there'll be Bleach fans watching this. I doubt the majority of them will be intelligent enough to understand Bake or Nise.

Other then that, Madoka, Mirai Nikki, Shakugan no Shana and Angel Beats! would be MUCH better choices if they want to show an actiony anime. The characters are much more likeable and they're all better plotwise (in my opinion, at least)

Yeah I guess I didn't think of it like that. Sucks though. Fucking Bleach fans. I myself am one but I'm not retarded enough to not understand Nisemonogatari. Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? is epic enough to be on Toonami. That shit makes my gut hurt. They should replace DMW with one of the anime I listed.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
May 21, 2012 2:16 PM
Mar 2012
BULLDOG266 said:

Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Mirai Nikki
Shakugan no Shana
Angel Beats!
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

I don't understand why people are suggesting that Toonami air an anime that likely will not appeal to the type of casual anime fan that watches shounen action shows like Bleach. Madoka is like a typical magical girl anime for 2 and 2/3s episodes and I doubt the Toonami demographic is interested in otaku shows like Bakemonogateri(which likely hasn't been dubbed yet anyway) or Nisemonogateri(no way this is already dubbed).

I can see Mirai Nikki or Angel Beats! as having a shot down the road if this works out. I don't really see those others working out as much you think they will. You almost have to think of series that will appeal to the same type of folks that watch Bleach.
May 21, 2012 2:18 PM

Apr 2011
Valaskjalf said:
BULLDOG266 said:

Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Mirai Nikki
Shakugan no Shana
Angel Beats!
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

Yeah sure if you want Toonami to die again. These show only caters to a very small audience (Otaku) and that's not what toonami is looking for.

The crap you talking about? A huge fanbase loves SNS and the same applies for Steins;Gate. Maybe Toonami should start out small (DMW and Casshern) and then later on work up to the awesome possum anime (Steins;Gate)
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
May 21, 2012 2:21 PM
Dec 2011
i would of personally picked angel beats as one of the shows to be aired during toonami. Maybe one day when their ratings go up.
May 21, 2012 2:24 PM

Jan 2008
DrGonzo7 said:
Wow. Half of the people in this thread to chill about this. Just because they aren't going to air Steins;Gate or Madoka doesn't mean they aren't opened to it.

People aren't moaning about that, they're moaning about Toonami airing Deadman, which is a complete pile of ass. Considering people are going on about Bleach fans watching this timeslot, I'll also add that I've seen 2 episodes of Bleach, and whilst I didn't like them, they were more enjoyable than the entirety of DW on pretty much every level.

You know how newcomers to anime often think that dark and edgy shows like Elfen Lied are the best thing ever? DW is like EL, if EL had autism and a lobotomy. In fact, I know a couple of complete shounenfags who spend most of their time watching Bleach, Naruto, Yu Gi Oh etc. and even they disliked Deadman.
May 21, 2012 2:25 PM

Apr 2011
Seasonreaper said:
DrGonzo7 said:

People aren't moaning about that, they're moaning about Toonami airing Deadman, which is a complete pile of ass. Considering people are going on about Bleach fans watching this timeslot, I'll also add that I've seen 2 episodes of Bleach, and whilst I didn't like them, they were more enjoyable than the entirety of DW on pretty much every level.

You know how newcomers to anime often think that dark and edgy shows like Elfen Lied are the best thing ever? DW is like EL, if EL had autism and a lobotomy. In fact, I know a couple of complete shounenfags who spend most of their time watching Bleach, Naruto, Yu Gi Oh etc. and even they disliked Deadman.

I have to say your comment is EPIC WIN. You made me lol.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
May 21, 2012 2:37 PM

Apr 2010
BULLDOG266 said:
Valaskjalf said:
BULLDOG266 said:

Steins;Gate
Madoka Magica
Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Mirai Nikki
Shakugan no Shana
Angel Beats!
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

The crap you talking about? A huge fanbase loves SNS and the same applies for Steins;Gate. Maybe Toonami should start out small (DMW and Casshern) and then later on work up to the awesome possum anime (Steins;Gate)

The problem is you're thinking of the bigger anime fans that actively search out anime as it airs, and the casuals who watch in on Toonami. These are the same people who complain about anime not being as good as the days of Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star, and think every anime with cute girls is instantly bad. So basically the only thing that'll really do well on Adult Swim are dark action shows and other stuff like the old 90s anime.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.