Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 23, 2012 8:26 AM

May 2009
Next episode preview pictures:

Source: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/487/487781/
May 23, 2012 8:27 AM

Mar 2012
stAtic91 said:

Waaaaver Velvet-kun!
May 23, 2012 9:25 AM

Oct 2010
stAtic91 said:

looks like saber and rider would definitely clash.
judging from his face, it seems that Waver is ready for battle.

Leon-Gun said:
wishbook said:

I see. Thanks for the information.
He can, character material from Nasu and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia tell you that...

yes now that you've mentioned, I think Gil looks like a teenager when I first watch FSN.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
May 23, 2012 11:46 AM

Mar 2009
ssjokg said:
(I doubt ufotable will animate it,to save time).

Actually, preview suggest that we will see it in the next episode. The Kiritsugu's line is exactly from this encounter.
May 23, 2012 11:54 AM

Aug 2009
Trenerka said:
ssjokg said:

Actually, preview suggest that we will see it in the next episode. The Kiritsugu's line is exactly from this encounter.

hm,I paid so much attention to the other lines(mostly Zouken and Aoi) that I didnt notice.I have no problem with that but then the last ep should definitely be 1 hour long.There isnt anything else they can cut to save time....I think....
May 23, 2012 11:55 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
Trenerka said:
ssjokg said:

hm,I paid so much attention to the other lines(mostly Zouken and Aoi) that I didnt notice.I have no problem with that but then the last ep should definitely be 1 hour long.There isnt anything else they can cut to save time....I think....

Yep, last episode better be 1 hour long.
May 23, 2012 12:04 PM

May 2009
ssjokg said:
We have 5 more eps.
lets see:
I haven't read the LN, but...

I really hope the last episode is 40 min or longer too.
May 23, 2012 12:09 PM

Mar 2009
ataraxial said:
ssjokg said:
Trenerka said:
ssjokg said:

Yep, last episode better be 1 hour long.

That was what I kept saying to myself after watching how they rushed episode 4 and 7 ot this season... but I'm sort of losing hope.

That being said, as pre-release images suggest they will try to fit whole of the fight into the next episode I can't help but wonder if there is someone in ufotable taking sadistic pleasure from butchering all the scenes I wait for the most.
TrenerkaMay 23, 2012 12:12 PM
May 23, 2012 12:15 PM

May 2009
It's okay, man! BDs will fix everything! An hour of added/longer scenes which were cut from the TV airing due to time-restraints. Yup, definitely...
May 23, 2012 3:05 PM

Feb 2010
ataraxial said:
stAtic91 said:

Waaaaver Velvet-kun!

Not sure if this is considered spoiler at all but:
May 23, 2012 3:50 PM

May 2011
Lumathy said:
wait why did the best posts got deleted? such a shame.

Otaku-Ninja said:
I don't really get it, why would Iskander kidnap Iri like that? That so doesn't sound like he would do, I always thought of him being an honorable Servent but oh well, we'll see on the next episode and find out.

it's obviously not him, Rider the Great would never do something like that.

You could be right, Rider wouldn't go that far just to lure Saber out of the open by taking Iri with him because if he really did, then he will be ashamed to call himself honorable king.
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
May 23, 2012 3:52 PM

Oct 2011
ssjokg said:
loub31 said:
but seriously guys ... how did kiritsugu know that the spot of blood belong to

Tokoyomi?

The traces of Tokiomi in the basement and the ones from the blood in the upper floor had were the same(not sure how to say it with my low level english).Combine this with the inactive field and that the only person except from Tokiomi in the mansion(Kirei) wouldnt waste his time in a basement full of magecraft tools/books convinced him that the blood was Tokiomi's.

Instead to explain to us such things they stayed with the BLABLA of irie
May 23, 2012 4:02 PM

Aug 2009
loub31 said:
ssjokg said:
loub31 said:
but seriously guys ... how did kiritsugu know that the spot of blood belong to

Tokoyomi?

The traces of Tokiomi in the basement and the ones from the blood in the upper floor had were the same(not sure how to say it with my low level english).Combine this with the inactive field and that the only person except from Tokiomi in the mansion(Kirei) wouldnt waste his time in a basement full of magecraft tools/books convinced him that the blood was Tokiomi's.

Instead to explain to us such things they stayed with the BLABLA of irie

I think it was pretty obvious what Kiritsugu was doing.Kiritsugu himself said that the bounded field wasnt active when he saw the birds.then we saw how he found out it was Tokiomi's blood.It's not like he had a divine revelation.Maybe you didnt pay attention to the scene.
May 23, 2012 4:13 PM

Oct 2011
I mean, to explain to us how it works that substance used by kiritsugu
May 23, 2012 4:27 PM

Aug 2009
loub31 said:
I mean, to explain to us how it works that substance used by kiritsugu

I thought that explaining how Saber teleported to where Maiya was,Kiritsugu's Time Alter,why Arthur is female and lots of other stuff in FZ were more important for non Fate/ fans instead for something that was really similar to techniques used in every CSI style tv show...weird...at least Saber's teleportation in this ep should be more "unexplained".
May 23, 2012 4:48 PM

Oct 2011
by using Seal command ;the transition immediate of servants becomes possible

i think that it was clear the moment when kiritsugu used his seal command
May 23, 2012 5:01 PM

Oct 2011
Arthur is female : hmm.... i think that it was an imprint of the writer of fate stay

night to create events like love relationship between Shiro and the Saber
May 23, 2012 5:19 PM

Aug 2009
loub31 said:

by using Seal command ;the transition immediate of servants becomes possible

i think that it was clear the moment when kiritsugu used his seal command.
Arthur is female : hmm.... i think that it was an imprint of the writer of fate stay

You probably saw FSN according to this.I said non Fate/ fans...maybe viewers would be better,not everyone likes FSN.It was never explained here how the command seals work.I at least dont remember that.
And what if I told you that I know people that thought, that was Saber's ability?

loub31 said:

And why did other chars think that Arthur was male?thats what i am asking.

Really, I dont see the problem with Kerry's technique.
ssjokgMay 23, 2012 5:24 PM
May 23, 2012 5:30 PM

Oct 2011
if it was an ability so why kiritsugu have to waste his seal command

it's simple : maya calls saber instead of kiritsugu ; so ti's not
May 23, 2012 5:43 PM

Oct 2011
In myths and novels, Arthur is a man

But the author preferred to make it a female, and mix between his own story and

Arthur stories ...

i don't see a problem in that ... in the end , it's an anime ; not a true story
May 23, 2012 5:53 PM

Aug 2009
loub31 said:

lets say that its an ability of Saber...how would Maiya call her?People could think that the seals are a way for Master and Servant to communicate,which is logical since they dont have any other way to talk to each other.But it wasnt a discussion(it cant happen anyway,and it is a retarded reason to use them if it could)it was a command.What others may dont know is that the power of the seals can teleport a servant.If the seals didnt have that power, Saber would be forced to run back to Iri as fast as she could whether she wanted to or not.

loub31 said:
In myths and novels, Arthur is a man

But the author preferred to make it a female, and mix between his own story and

Arthur stories ...

i don't see a problem in that ... in the end , it's an anime ; not a true story

okay lets make this more simple.Arturia is portrayed as a man in the myths of the anime too but she was actually a woman(in the anime again).Why did everyone since her time thought that she was a man?Kiritsugu,Iri,Rider,Lancer,Rin,Shirou all the characters in both FSN and FZ thought Arthur was a man.That's what I am talking about.And before you reply I know why already.But FZ only viewers dont know.
May 23, 2012 6:14 PM

Oct 2011
like i have said to you the first time ... using seal command can teleport

a servant .

but if you suppose that's an ability of saber :

how would Maiya call her ? !

the answer is by telephone
May 23, 2012 6:16 PM

Mar 2012
loub31 said:

a servant .

What the fuck am I reading.
May 23, 2012 6:21 PM

Aug 2009
loub31 said:

a servant .

facepalm.

you either dont know english at all or you are trolling

@ ataraxial
plz help me
that was the Best comment in the whole thread btw
ssjokgMay 23, 2012 6:26 PM
May 23, 2012 6:26 PM

Feb 2010
loub31 said:

a servant .

Instantaneous teleportation (as in VERY FAST and instant teleportation if you dont understand) through command seal would be faster and more efficient than having Maiya call Saber by telephone.

That's why its more efficient for Maiya to call Kiritsugu because he then would know the situation AND get Saber there asap.
May 23, 2012 6:29 PM

Oct 2011
haha .. sorry for my bad english ... i will read your replay again :(
May 23, 2012 6:39 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
loub31 said:

a servant .

facepalm.

you either dont know english at all or you are trolling

@ ataraxial
plz help me
that was the Best comment in the whole thread btw

Lol thanks. At this point, communication has completely failed, so I think it's best just to let it go.
I can't even tell what's being discussed.
May 23, 2012 6:40 PM

Oct 2011
sallym613 said:
loub31 said:

a servant .

Instantaneous teleportation (as in VERY FAST and instant teleportation if you dont understand) through command seal would be faster and more efficient than having Maiya call Saber by telephone.

That's why its more efficient for Maiya to call Kiritsugu because he then would know the situation AND get Saber there asap.

yes i understand that

but we are supposing that saber could make Instantaneous teleportation without using seal command ( he suppose to me that )
and i said ; in this case : it's better for maya to call saber directly ... she dont need to call kiritsugu
May 23, 2012 6:49 PM

Aug 2009
loub31 said:
sallym613 said:
loub31 said:

a servant .

yes i understand that

but we are supposing that saber could make Instantaneous teleportation without using seal command ( he suppose to me that )
and i said ; in this case : it's better for maya to call saber directly ... she dont need to call kiritsugu

better read my posts again.Other people arent me.And I said clearly that I know OTHER people that thought that was one of her abilities.And how would she call Saber?telepathy is more plausible than telephone here.(no, I am not saying that either of them has that ability)
May 23, 2012 7:15 PM

Oct 2011
better read my posts again.Other people arent me.And I said clearly that I know OTHER people that thought that was one of her abilities.And how would she call Saber?telepathy is more plausible than telephone here.(no, I am not saying that either of them has that ability)

yes i know and my first post about this case was derected to those " other people "

but you insisted and you said :

"lets say that its an ability of Saber...how would Maiya call her?"
May 23, 2012 7:15 PM

Mar 2009
3delQ8 said:
the happiest moment in this episode was maya death i was so happy

...what the hell?

neji64plms said:
Can't wait for Rider to die. :I

...WHAT THE HELL?!

For all that is good in this world, I sincerely hope Zouken gets what's coming to him before the end of Fate/Zero. Horrible, vile man.

Not a novel reader, but that can't be Rider. Rider doesn't randomly fly in the sky. He needs his chariot. Not to mention both he and Waver were going to rest until the night.

Another loss for Kiritsugu. He has such a terrible life.
May 23, 2012 7:22 PM
Dec 2007
Mormegil said:

For all that is good in this world, I sincerely hope Zouken gets what's coming to him before the end of Fate/Zero. Horrible, vile man.
I'm going to go ahead and chuckle at this. Also, yeah, the amount of perversion in that scene is detestable. Zouken took great pleasure in making sure Kariya understood that the energy that was gonna heal his body was the same energy that had been literally raped from Sakura for a full year. Nothing like kicking a man when they're already out: "oh, this thing that's gonna heal you, well, it's been fucking your little niece for a whole year, cheers".

May 23, 2012 7:49 PM

Aug 2009
loub31 said:

lets say that its an ability of Saber...how would Maiya call her?.......

^that was my previous post.
I am pointing out that not all know how the seals work and that the command"go there NOW" doesnt explain the teleportation for those people.

How Maiya would call her is unrelated to the "seals power or ability" discussion.you must have messed up while typing "Maiya calls Kiritusgu instead of Saber" and I was joking about it.
May 23, 2012 7:59 PM
Jan 2011
Leon-Gun said:
Mormegil said:

I'm going to go ahead and chuckle at this. Also, yeah, the amount of perversion in that scene is detestable. Zouken took great pleasure in making sure Kariya understood that the energy that was gonna heal his body was the same energy that had been literally raped from Sakura for a full year. Nothing like kicking a man when they're already out: "oh, this thing that's gonna heal you, well, it's been fucking your little niece for a whole year, cheers".

something I've been questioning about Kariya when he became Berserker's master.

Did it ever occur to him to sick Berserker at that that bastard Zouken and rip him to shreds? or am I missing something?

Zouken holding Sakura hostage? or is Zouken has a hold on Kariya?
May 23, 2012 8:17 PM

Apr 2012
Xawddre said:
Leon-Gun said:
Mormegil said:

Did it ever occur to him to sick Berserker at that that bastard Zouken and rip him to shreds? or am I missing something?

this is why we tell people to read the FSN VN before watching fate zero

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
May 23, 2012 8:17 PM

Aug 2009
Xawddre said:
Leon-Gun said:
Mormegil said:

nevermind Kariya's condition,Zouken could have killed(99,9999% chances that he wouldnt) or torture Sakura even more with his worms.And even if Berserker attacked him well...Zouken may be weak against Berserker but he would survive that attack and then thank Kariya for the entertainment. Kariya knows that.
ssjokgMay 23, 2012 8:38 PM
May 23, 2012 8:40 PM

Apr 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Mormegil said:

hahaha that son of a bitch gets to
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
May 23, 2012 9:08 PM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
Xawddre said:
Leon-Gun said:
Mormegil said:

nevermind Kariya's condition,Zouken could have killed(99,9999% chances that he wouldnt) or torture Sakura even more with his worms.And even if Berserker attacked him well...Zouken may be weak against Berserker but he would survive that attack and then thank Kariya for the entertainment. Kariya knows that.
It's kind of hard for non Heaven Feel readers to understand though. In the end the easiest way to explain it is: he doesn't die even when he's killed...like an older and more sadistic version of Emiya Shirou.
Leon-GunMay 23, 2012 9:12 PM

May 24, 2012 2:44 AM

Oct 2011
ssjokg said:
loub31 said:

I am pointing out that not all know how the seals work and that the command"go there NOW" doesnt explain the teleportation for those people.

How Maiya would call her is unrelated to the "seals power or ability" discussion.you must have messed up while typing "Maiya calls Kiritusgu instead of Saber" and I was joking about it.

i reapeat again and again and i dont know why you cant understand me

for those peapole who think that saber have the ability of teleportation like Madara do in "naruto " : the answer is clearly NO; she has not this ability .

she cant teleportat without using the seal command and it's simillar for all other servants.

all masters can make their servants teleportat using the seal command ;
the seal command has the power to do that

and how i concluded that ? it's simple ...
supposing that saber can teleportat without the force of seal command ...in this case maya would not call kiritsugu , she will call saber directly

so .. it's so stupid and waste of time to call kiritsugu

conclusion : teleportation is a skill gained by using the power of seal command
May 24, 2012 3:35 AM

Aug 2009
loub31 said:
ssjokg said:
loub31 said:

for those peapole who think that saber have the ability of teleportation like Madara do in "naruto " : the answer is clearly NO; she has not this ability .

she cant teleportat without using the seal command and it's simillar for all other servants.

supposing that saber can teleportat without the force of seal command ...in this case maya would not call kiritsugu , she will call saber directly

I have no idea what you are talking about anymore man.Why do you explain that to me?And even if in a parallel universe Saber had that ability HOW THE BLOODY HELL would Maiya calll her?The fact that Maiya called Kiritsugu doent mean anything and to make it clear in the LN version Maiya didnt even call him.It was a spell that he used to inform each other when one of them is at a near death situation.Maiya CANT call Saber,she doesnt have a cellphone with her,how would she know how to use it even if she had?

if you concluded that it's not Saber's skill because of that, then you are wrong even though it is true that it's not her skill.
That's what I meant with that scene being more unexplained than the scene with the CSI-blood identification by kiritsugu.
ssjokgMay 24, 2012 3:53 AM
May 24, 2012 4:43 AM
Dec 2007
Actually, funny enough, she would know how to use it. Heroic Spirits gain knowledge naturally in accoradance to the era they are summoned in. It's kind of automatic. Although, Gen kind of contradicted himself a bit since he seems to be using that rule when it comes to Saber's use of a car and other modern technology yet somehow Rider couldn't tell Okeanos was fake until he saw a bloody world map.

Anyway, it's supposed to be similar to , but not the same as, how the homonculi learn their basic knowledge from nature (except heroic Spirits just take it from the Records).
Leon-GunMay 24, 2012 4:49 AM

May 24, 2012 4:57 AM

Oct 2010
loub31 said:
ssjokg said:
loub31 said:

What ssjokg means from his previous posts:

1. He already understands about the system. You don't need to explain anything to him.

2. Because Saber's teleportation and gender isn't explained in words, Tokiomi's substance doesn't need to be explained further too.

3. Maiya can't call Saber, because she is not her master. Kiritsugu can call her, because he is her master and has the command seal to "Force" her to do an impossible feat. So the one who call Saber is not Maiya but Kiritsugu.

Okay, this is turning into some miscommunication, so you two better straighten things out before this turns into trolling.

Leon-Gun said:
Actually, funny enough, she would know how to use it. Heroic Spirits gain knowledge naturally in accoradance to the era they are summoned in. It's kind of automatic. Although, Gen kind of contradicted himself a bit since he seems to be using that rule when it comes to Saber's use of a car and other modern technology yet somehow Rider couldn't tell Okeanos was fake until he saw a bloody world map.

Anyway, it's supposed to be similar to , but not the same as, how the homonculi learn their basic knowledge from nature (except heroic Spirits just take it from the Records).

Maybe he is the type that doesn't believe something before he confirms it himself.
In my knowledge, Heroic Spirits do have the knowledge about modern world, but to know whether the knowledge is really true or not, they have to confirm it themselves.

Example: Saber when she encountered an airplane. I think she said "so this is what they call a plane". Although she has the knowledge about planes, she doesn't have any experience with planes. Rider is the same, he knows about Oceanos but he tried to confirm it with the maps.
Reim_SeranthMay 24, 2012 5:09 AM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
May 24, 2012 5:26 AM

Aug 2009
Leon-Gun said:

isnt her driving skill due to her Riding ability?Leon-Gun my parents too know what a cellphone and a computer are but they barely know how to use them(my father cant even turn on the pc).As for Rider's case was explained by Wishbook.The first thing he did was rush to a library and took a World map(and Homer's books) just for that.Also Gil should know what a jet fighter is but he went right behind Berserker only to be owned by flares(super powered ones of course).Seeing his abilities he wouldnt have followed him if he knew about flares.knowledge=/=skill to do something.
Servants would be the most intelligent creatures in the planet if they had every knowledge and skill in the world.FSN Caster would be able to use modern magecraft too like the five true magics.
ssjokgMay 24, 2012 5:43 AM
May 24, 2012 9:38 AM

Oct 2011
ssjokg said:
loub31 said:
ssjokg said:
loub31 said:

.Maiya CANT call Saber,she doesnt have a cellphone with her,how would she know how to use it even if she had?

if you concluded that it's not Saber's skill because of that, then you are wrong even though it is true that it's not her skill.
That's what I meant with that scene being more unexplained than the scene with the CSI-blood identification by kiritsugu.

how would she know how to use it even if she had?

haha.... why i give you a cell phone if i didnt show you how to use it !! ...

i think my conclusion is true and Saber's teleportation dont need an explication

it 's clear that the command seal force her to do such impossible things .
May 24, 2012 9:58 AM

Aug 2009
loub31 said:
ssjokg said:
loub31 said:
ssjokg said:
loub31 said:

.Maiya CANT call Saber,she doesnt have a cellphone with her,how would she know how to use it even if she had?

how would she know how to use it even if she had?

haha.... why i give you a cell phone if i didnt show you how to use it !! ...

i think my conclusion is true and Saber's teleportation dont need an explication

it 's clear that the command seal force her to do such impossible things .

Yet you had no idea what Kiritsugu was doing with the blood and in this thread you asked questioned some events in the ep when they were really self explanatory(barrier and birds,Rider NP restriction due to mana)...Yeah everything is clear except from the most obvious things.I feel like I am feeding a troll here....
ssjokgMay 24, 2012 10:05 AM
May 24, 2012 10:54 AM

Feb 2010
*Sigh*

I'm guessing loub31 isnt familiar with the whole CSI-blood identification thing at all (maybe he/she has never watched CSI or any of these detective shows).

But anyhow, I think it's best if you two (loub31 and ssjokg) just stop at this point since there's no point arguing what's obvious and what isn't. Especially now that loub31 should know by now why Kiritsugu did all that blood identification to find out about Tokiomi. Wasn't that the reason why this conversation came about in the first place? Or am I wrong?

Besides it seems like the more you guys try to talk to each other, the more miscommunication there will be. Not to mention that you guys must be getting more and more frustrated with each other.
May 24, 2012 11:08 AM

Mar 2012
sallym613 said:
*Sigh*

I'm guessing loub31 isnt familiar with the whole CSI-blood identification thing at all (maybe he/she has never watched CSI or any of these detective shows).

But anyhow, I think it's best if you two (loub31 and ssjokg) just stop at this point since there's no point arguing what's obvious and what isn't. Especially now that loub31 should know by now why Kiritsugu did all that blood identification to find out about Tokiomi. Wasn't that the reason why this conversation came about in the first place? Or am I wrong?

Besides it seems like the more you guys try to talk to each other, the more miscommunication there will be. Not to mention that you guys must be getting more and more frustrated with each other.

I personally think the main issue is a lack of English on loub31's part.
Either way, yes, I agree that it would be best to drop the conversation and do other, more productive things.
May 24, 2012 11:09 AM

Oct 2011
believe me , i'm not trolling ....
about the barrier and birds , you are right ; it was a stupid from me ...i dont know why i didnt get it from the first time :(

but about Rider ... i was asking if there's a limit to the number of times that a servant can use his NP ? ... maybe just 3 times ?

i'm saying that because i think if Rider use his NP against Saber and killed her , maybe Gil is not going to fight him until Rider retrieved his mana because Gil ego will not allow him fighting a person in the case of weak ...

so ; i'm asking of that : if Rider retrieved his mana after using his NP ; can he use it another time ??
scholes18May 24, 2012 11:19 AM
May 24, 2012 11:39 AM

Aug 2009
loub31 said:
believe me , i'm not trolling ....
about the barrier and birds , you are right ; it was a stupid from me ...i dont know why i didnt get it from the first time :(

but about Rider ... i was asking if there's a limit to the number of times that a servant can use his NP ? ... maybe just 3 times ?

i'm saying that because i think if Rider use his NP against Saber and killed her , maybe Gil is not going to fight him until Rider retrieved his mana because Gil ego will not allow him fighting a person in the case of weak ...

so ; i'm asking of that : if Rider retrieved his mana after using his NP ; can he use it another time ??

it depends on the NP:
For offensive Nps, as long as there is enough mana and the NP isnt destroyed (like Lancer's Gae Buidhe,the yellow spear)or his master hasnt used a command seal to forbid the use of NPs then the Servant can use it anytime he wants.Rider only needs a good supply of mana.
Of course some NPs need time to build up power/go at full power like Excalibur.If for example Saber doesnt have enough time to gather mana in the sword then she cant use it and have good results.

For defensive ones some conditions have to be met,like FSN Berserker's God Hand.
May 24, 2012 1:20 PM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:

For defensive ones some conditions have to be met,like FSN Berserker's God Hand.
Pretty sure God Hand is automatic, it does what it does (Stock of lives + inmunity against anything B rank and below). Also, a Command seal forbidding the use of NP's can potentially be ignored if done too brod. That's why the orders have to be more specific, like "kill yourself" or "don't use x thing" otherwise he just gets a general feeling of pain and discomfort. In UBW Archer goes against the first Command Spell Rin uses (to force him to listen to her orders) because the order is so general that all he gets from going against her orders is a little penalty to his stats. Then flipside is that if the Servant also wants to follow the order the COmmand Spell boosts the action into a level of power above the limits of the Servant, hence why the Command Spells are always used during the attacks that are crucial to the plot.

wishbook said:

Maybe he is the type that doesn't believe something before he confirms it himself.
In my knowledge, Heroic Spirits do have the knowledge about modern world, but to know whether the knowledge is really true or not, they have to confirm it themselves.

Example: Saber when she encountered an airplane. I think she said "so this is what they call a plane". Although she has the knowledge about planes, she doesn't have any experience with planes. Rider is the same, he knows about Oceanos but he tried to confirm it with the maps.
That does sounds reasonable, and it kind of explains why he went straight for the maps so quickly rather than just asking Waver to get them at his leisure (I mean, he had 15 days to get the Grail, it's not like he had to plan his world invasion from the very first day).

ssjokg said:
Leon-Gun said:

isnt her driving skill due to her Riding ability?Leon-Gun my parents too know what a cellphone and a computer are but they barely know how to use them(my father cant even turn on the pc).As for Rider's case was explained by Wishbook.The first thing he did was rush to a library and took a World map(and Homer's books) just for that.Also Gil should know what a jet fighter is but he went right behind Berserker only to be owned by flares(super powered ones of course).Seeing his abilities he wouldnt have followed him if he knew about flares.knowledge=/=skill to do something.
Servants would be the most intelligent creatures in the planet if they had every knowledge and skill in the world.FSN Caster would be able to use modern magecraft too like the five true magics.
Her Driving stems from her Riding Skill a little but the knowledge of what a car is and how a car instinctively works comes from the world and is learned the very moment the world recontruscts her in the world. Saber tells this things to SHirou when Shirou wonders why she knows so much Japanese customs even though she's English. And using Gil as an example there is not exactly very wise not to mention I doubt he'd expected the flares to be able to blow one of his treasures out of the sky. They are flares after all.

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.