Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Initial D
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 10, 2012 2:12 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another unsatisfied ending in term of relationships. Also this time the opponents weren't as inspiring to be honest. The whole upgrade and learning to live with the new 86 was the most interesting part i guess.
At least the main showed more character.
Dec 7, 2012 7:49 PM

Jun 2012
poor Itsuki :(
Mar 7, 2013 11:05 AM

Jun 2011
I hope Itsuki could meet with Kazumi again somewhere in the future and hook up.. As it's ending, I get the same feeling as I felt when I was completing Dragon Ball, I keep thinking "I don't want this to end yet, I hope that I will be able to watch them till they grow old" haha
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 3, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2008
I really like the way this series handles its romance. I didn't expect the Takumi x Mogi romance to become interesting when watching the first season, but it actually did in this season.

Aug 2, 2013 11:11 AM

Nov 2011
The latter half of this season had more intensity but I think the romance in this season is rather weak...

A friend of mine said his impression on 2nd stage wasn't as good as the first so I sort of have the same thoughts as him. Rating this 6/10. The music was good though.

>Well good bye, Itsuki.
DAMN. Poor him, a broken heart </3. Oh wait she came back...
Nov 17, 2014 9:12 AM

Jun 2012
I didnt think it was possible but this was better than the first season.

Its a shame Itsuki couldnt confess but who would after being called a little brother.
Jan 6, 2015 8:55 PM

Aug 2014
Back to being "The Lonely Driver" for poor Itsuki :(

So a Gunma all star team handpicked By Ryosuke is being formed? I wonder if there will be any racers we haven't seen in it yet or just the guys we saw from First Stage.
Jan 19, 2015 5:09 AM

Jan 2013
Friendzoned Itsuki :D :D :D

i really like this anime
Mar 30, 2015 12:10 AM

Mar 2012
The little brother she never had.....ouch. Great season, lot's of interesting things happened such as Takumi and Mogi's relationship going south, Takumi losing a race for the first time, the eight-six getting an overhaul and Itsuki maturing. Pretty serious stuff happened compared to how upbeat most of S1 was. On the downside though the characters looked rather bad, I have no idea what the heck happened there but most of them looked pretty funky. At least the CG had a nice improvement. Now onwards to the Third Stage.
May 26, 2015 5:31 AM

Jan 2015
"He's only human", tha's where you got it wrong. He's a manga MC, that's a entirely different breed :)

Yeah, Natsuki got a job, that's what everyone does... What does that change ? Takumi was like "Cool, now it's okay"... (or at least it seemed so to me)
Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that she abandoned her old ways, that makes her "dateable" for following guys, but not for Takumi who went through that shit.

Friendzone sucks, it's easier to find closure when it went sour. Which is also why I don't get Takumi going back.
HapHazrDMay 26, 2015 6:03 AM
Jul 27, 2015 10:09 PM

Apr 2011
so they are planning on making a Gunma team... guess Takumi is gonna be part of it.
Feb 23, 2016 10:26 PM

Aug 2014
I guess the author wanted to torture us with the romance.
Not as intense as the first stage, but still good considering this season is focusing on characters development and only 13 episodes.
May 17, 2016 2:28 PM

May 2012
A bittersweet ending! Not as impacting as the first seasons ending, but still very good I must say! The race and also the OST of the Deja Vu song (which pretty much made me want to start watching this franchise) was epic!

Overall a really great story and character development, I just wonder why if they'll focus a bit more on the whole romance aspect in the sequels or not, because Mogi sure has to explain quite a lot!

Either way a lovely season, up to the next one!
Jul 17, 2016 9:45 PM

Dec 2013
I hope to god that Takumi doesnt cuck himself for Mogi in the following seasons.
Nov 2, 2016 11:01 PM
Nov 2009
Ryosuke is building an all Gunma team? I'm so hooked to this show now.
Jan 16, 2017 12:07 AM

Oct 2012
I guess the author just not a big fan of romance
But that doesn't mean the author can broke their hearts just like that :(

Yep time to Takumi get revenge
"Signature removed"
Feb 9, 2018 2:29 PM

May 2014
It was not as good as First Stage, but it's still very entertaining
Apr 8, 2018 7:33 AM

Jan 2013
ITSUKI LONELY DORAIBA- :(
Sep 5, 2018 6:11 PM

Sep 2011
I'm happy for Mogi, she's working hard, and Takumi smiled when he saw her. He's also mastering his upgraded car, and he won the race as expected. This time for some miracle, Iketani didn't say that he was going to lose till the end, if this continue into the next race I might have to cut him some slack.

Also poor Itsuki, Kazumi saw him as a little brother, so even though I was glad he got another chance to say what he wanted when she apperead at the gas station, it was for the better that he didn't. Maybe she will be able to see him as something more with time, or maybe not, but at least he wasn't outrightly rejected. And I hope Ryousuke didn't invite Shingo for his Gunma team, it would be insufferable.
Sep 27, 2018 8:14 PM

Feb 2018
That surprise Deja vu Initial D soundtracks always amaze me.
Poor Itsuki back to being a "Lonely Driver"
Ryosuke is forming a Gunma Team.
And what will happen to Mogi and Takumi's relationship will it end??
Oct 3, 2018 5:18 PM

Feb 2016
I'm really sad for Itsuki... Best Bro ever :'( back to being a Lonely Driver I guess

I really liked the focus of this second season although it wasn't that intense it had its moments

8/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 14, 2018 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
DEJA VU plays for the first time, yay!

This season was slightly worse than the previous one, but I still enjoyed it a lot. 8/10
Oct 22, 2018 4:37 PM

Feb 2012
I understand why they chose Deja Vu as the music; because they kept going uphill and downhill for five rounds (not sure if they're counting each uphill and downhill as 1 round or 2).

Itsuki should have said to Kazumi "Promise me you'll return to Gunma one day to race me after you get your license." or something like that...now he's back to being a siblingzoned lonely driver.

I was expecting Takumi to enter the place Natsuki was working at.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 7, 2018 3:26 PM
Apr 2017
I feel so bad for Itsuki, this time it was so promising. Overall a bit worse season than the first one, I actually got bored in the middle and had to take a break, but the last four episodes were just awesome. I hope Mogi will return in Third Stage as well as some another chance for Itsuki.
Dec 25, 2018 11:33 AM
Aug 2017
Wow I love the songs.... De ja vu and that on sad song. But man this is the most decent romance in this anime so far. This got me really sad that fucking song! Season 3 here we go
Jun 18, 2019 5:54 AM
Apr 2016
OH MY GOD the "Deja Vu" OST was soooo sick! Takumi won in the most awesome way possible, that was amazing. Well, Itsuki's love life yet again, falls apart, that's unfortunate. Well, I need more of Initial D, time to continue binging, hah...
Aug 3, 2019 10:15 PM

Oct 2011
First off, as a Japanese man I have to say Itsuki is a pussy. This is why:

1) Itsuki says “if she goes back to Saitama he will never see her”, but in reality Gunma and Saitama is only a 1 hr 20 min drive. Wataru drives back and forth all the time. Even though earlier Itsuki bragged about how “Cars are amazing; you have the freedom to go anywhere”, he can’t even take a short drive to see the girl he loves...?

2) Japanese girls are never as straight-forward as Kazumi. In Japan it is more common for people to date after being friends, and for her to say “she will never forget the Gunma autumn, and a special boy who is the nicest person she has ever met”, this is what we call a “告白”, or declaration of love. She came back to Gunma “to get her luggage”, but yet went to the station empty-handed...she came back FOR him! He had TWO chances yet couldn’t say anything🤦🏻‍♂️

....Itsuki is an idiot and will be a “lonely driver” for life....
naniwatigerAug 4, 2019 3:16 PM
Sep 14, 2019 7:46 PM
Nov 2013
naniwatiger said:
....Itsuki is an idiot and will be a “lonely driver” for life....🤦🏻‍♂️

True, you are 100% right!
Jan 2, 2020 8:37 AM

Jun 2015
Fortress_Maximus said:
I understand why they chose Deja Vu as the music; because they kept going uphill and downhill for five rounds (not sure if they're counting each uphill and downhill as 1 round or 2). I was expecting Takumi to enter the place Natsuki was working at.

It was four rounds, each lead change was a round.
Mar 28, 2020 3:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
DEJA VU xD epic, I feel bad for Itsuki... romance is really harsh in this show
Apr 15, 2020 1:08 AM
Apr 2019
Great stage, it is better than the first stage
9/10
May 15, 2020 2:56 AM
Feb 2016
My boy Itsuki got friend-zoned. Also, fuck the Itsuki haters. He's the best character in the show.
May 20, 2020 10:00 PM
Mar 2019
Didn’t hit like the first stage but it was cool
Jun 16, 2020 11:33 AM

Oct 2013
That race and the last trick performed by Takumi were splendid! Really good and harsh several rounds on a difficult route. Taking proved once again that he is really gifted at driving.

Poor Itsuki. :( I hope his and Kazumi's destinies will meet with each other again somehow someday.

I really liked this season. It was not very pleasant to watch, although it was a little bit less entertaining that First Stage. The fact it was shorter than the previous season did not cause any harm to the plot. Everything was clear and the pacing was alright. I liked how the plot had a lot of interactions between Takumi and Itsuki. Music was good, but I liked eurobeat classics from First Stage more. While the art of this season suffered from some glitches maybe due to errors during rendering, racing bits looked way more detailed and felt even more dynamic than they were in First Stage.

In conclusion, Second Stage was simply awesome. :)
Jun 20, 2020 10:16 PM

May 2010
Gunma team? So just Keisuke, Ryosuke, Takumi and the guy whose name I forgot.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 10, 2020 4:04 PM
Oct 2019
Good lord, they made Itsuki have to say goodbye to that girl AGAIN?! That's cruel.

These first two stages have been great.
Nov 19, 2020 1:49 PM

May 2018
Little brother... ouch.

Poor Itsuki. Son just can't stop losing.
Jan 25, 2021 6:10 AM

Aug 2018
Amazing! Takumi is truly amazing!

I feel sorry for Itsuki, this was his chance, and its all gone :(

Mar 5, 2021 2:59 PM

Jul 2010
This season had an actually substantial conflict unlike first season. But side characters are still getting the trash treatment. I hope we can watch their growth because MC is, bluntly-speaking, boring.
Apr 25, 2021 11:50 AM

Aug 2018
Another awesome victory of race by Takumi, his opponent was really awesome racer too.

Well looks like Mogi is doing fine with her new job and Ryosuke has big plans for the future that involve Takumi and other big shots from all the region.

Can't wait till I have time to see that film that is stage 3
Oct 14, 2021 12:07 AM

Jun 2016
I went into this season thinking that perhaps it wasn't going to be as good as First Stage, due to the animation changes, weird z-fighting mouths, etc.

I am pleasantly surprised. I think even in half the length, it was much more impactful due to the conflicts that arose. Itsuki grew, and went through heartbreak, was really sad near the end when she was talking about the seasons. Takumi grew, lost his first race and upgraded his car, fell out with his girl and is deciding what to do there. Even Bunta had more of an arc and development, showing his fatherly side more than prior.

I think this was better than the first season! I hope Third Stage is good!
Nov 23, 2021 11:20 AM

Apr 2018
The season starting was good but it ended like some other anime, they are going for some team battle I think, season 3 would be good too.

Jan 21, 2022 6:53 AM

Jul 2021
And I though I couldn't feel more bad for him. F. Poor guy got bro-zoned by his waifu.

This season was almost as good as first season. Though I would have to admit that the excitement during the races wasn't as much as previous season. It's hard to beat first season in terms of pure raw thrill and excitement.

Both Takumi and Itsuki grew a lot as a person in this season. Our beloved 86 grew too in a way.

This last episode had a melancholic feel to it, didn't expect that an anime about cars could make me feel sad. Even though this is a sports anime it still has managed to make us feel for the characters and we have grown attached to them. This anime doesn't just focus on races, it has well-developed characters as well. There is basically no antagonist in this anime, most drivers are respectful with good sportsman ship, it's nice to see them race a fair battle with no trash talking or such. Was a great experience especially for me as I love cars. Kinda scared to go drive now, hoping I don't get too excited after watching this and start over-speeding and shit xD.

Overall this was a great episode and a great season overall. I'll rate it 9/10 just coz it came close to the level of season 1 but wasn't as good as season 1. I rated season 1 a 10/10 so this one deserves a 9/10 at best.

Looking forward to the third stage. Excited to find out how much more Takumi will grow as a racer with his newfound knowledge about engines, I'm guessing there should be some developments in his love life too. Can't wait to watch the third stage.
TsutanaiFuunJan 21, 2022 6:58 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 21, 2022 5:41 PM

Jan 2021
It ended on a sad but understanding way it felt like everything Itsuki and Takumi went through has changed them for the better and the ost that was plying at the end of the race slapped
May 19, 2022 2:04 AM

Mar 2021
DEJA VU DEJA VU DEJA VU DEJA VU DEJA VU DEJA VU DEJA VU DEJA VU DEJA VU DEJA VU DEJA VU DEJA VU

Solid season, a bit less impactful than the first, but fun nonetheless

I really liked everything about Takumi facing his first "defeat" and learning to deal with the new engine

Jun 16, 2022 6:28 PM

Oct 2015
I must say I was disappointed that the final was a race between Takumi and Wataru, would be been great if it was between Takumi and Kyoichi, a revenge match. Can't say I am entirely disappointed by the death match, it certainly was awesome, particularly when Takumi overtook with his new engine. However, I was not pleased that Itsuki got his heart broken... again. I was really rooting for him since he's one of my favorite parts about the show. It was the first I've seen him so down in the series, especially since he's always hyper.

What frustrated me about this season was how the group emperor had a steam appearance. They came on as this strong team that annihilated everything in its path, even Takumi, however they were only stopped by Ryosuke, which I didn't like btw. Would've been great if this whole season was about their dominance, and Takumi's development. Last battle would be a revenge match, where Takumi gets his eight-six to be respected by the group. Now emperor is still not seeing Takumi as a threat, especially his car. The writer was really stupid there and not to have seen potential.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 29, 2022 10:28 AM

Aug 2021
Yes the meme song DEJA VU!!!!!
Poor Itsuki at the end ;-;
Aug 27, 2022 9:59 PM
Aug 2018
A more burning question is why did the manga and anime writers of Initial D choose to ruin a nice relationships by making everything go wrong? Same with all other potential romantic couples in this series. This makes me wonder if there are any other anime series just like Initial D that involves heavy car use and romantic relationships that actually END HAPPY without breakups.
Aaron_CylinderAug 28, 2022 8:55 AM
Sep 25, 2022 2:19 AM
Aug 2020
amazing ending to season 1
Nov 11, 2022 4:17 AM

Jun 2020
Forgot to mention Kenta is so lucky he's personally trained by Keisuke and Ryosuke with the logical explanations coming from Ryosuke and probably application coming from Keisuke he better use it to the fullest

Both 86's are emitting some intense aura and that's hot, Another iconic banger playing Deja Vu, He's not just crazy he mad crazy insane to think he can adapt to new courses this fast is shocking

Bad time for Itsuki to get stunlocked, Another time when they went their ways, Anyways that ending was just as good as before a shot of Takumi and Itsuki is wholesome banger season.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Initial D Second Stage Episode 1 Discussion

loghneckbeard - Mar 18, 2010

45 by The_Void_State_ »»
Apr 7, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Initial D Second Stage Episode 3 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 3, 2010

35 by grenlin_ »»
Jan 30, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Initial D Second Stage Episode 12 Discussion

Monad - May 10, 2012

27 by Ajrocket »»
Dec 15, 2023 1:03 PM

Poll: » Initial D Second Stage Episode 10 Discussion

Tiago97 - Feb 25, 2012

26 by Ajrocket »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:34 AM

Poll: » Initial D Second Stage Episode 9 Discussion

Tiago97 - Feb 21, 2012

27 by Ajrocket »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.