Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 27, 2017 7:07 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode! Kinda slow, but a great introduction to the first meeting of Fujiko and Goemon!!

WTF!! How the hell will Fujiko Mine will walk away with no clothes on?!? Goemon should have at least be a gentleman and gave her his robe.

I can't wait to see more episode!!
Mar 29, 2019 11:40 PM

Oct 2012
Haha Goemon is still the same as ever "Once again I have cut a worthless object" xD

Almost the same as original story between Goemon & Fujiko
Goemon fell in love with Fujiko though Fujiko is just Fujiko, she's at it as usual :P
"Signature removed"
Sep 4, 2019 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
This time Fujiko met Goemon, the "samurai freund." He was hired to assassinate the king of a small country by his own son-in-law, the baron who wanted to take the throne for himself. But I guess they only wanted someone to take the blame because they also tried to kill Goemon with the king. He would have gotten what he wanted if he had only waited, but this was for the best.

All that treasure went to waste, and it's a pity, but at least Fujiko got that belt, her main, or at least first, goal from the start, after helping Goemon to save the children, the king, and the people in the train. The samurai, who just like her, doesn't have a place to belong in the world. He is as pure as ever though, asking her like that if she wanted to team up. Well, I guess Zenigata's next.
Jan 7, 2020 3:54 PM

Nov 2016
Another great episode. Goemon is such a fucking badass.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 3, 2021 3:40 PM

Nov 2012
I got some hints of the "Sound of Music" from "Maria" being their nanny and teaching them songs... and the location of the story... Just thought it had a little bit of throwbacks to that.
Thought the same, Sound of Music with a dash of Baccano-esque train action.
Dec 24, 2021 5:37 AM

Feb 2012
I'm liking the decision to dedicate one episode on introducing each of the characters. The plot in the previous episode was better, but Goemon was altogether cooler.

My main gripe with the show so far is that there's a lot of nudity that seems entirely gratuitous: it seems out of place, and the characters react to it in totally unrealistic ways. Thankfully the show isn't meant to be realistic in the first place, so it doesn't bother me too much. Still, in these dark, atmospheric stories it often doesn't fit the scene, especially with the exaggerated way the bodies are drawn.
Aug 28, 2022 9:07 PM

Apr 2016
Fujiko can play a more discreet role too an all-rounder woman, her obligatory naked scene was goofy especially with her escaping on her motorcycle like is nothing.

Another good episode.
Feb 8, 2:10 PM

Jan 2014
A very nice episode and while the last one delved into tragedy this one is more about life and finding friendship wandering the world for a place to belong.

Yeah from Fujiko's persona Maria as others have pointed out I really got the feeling they were aiming to emulate Julie Andrews from The Sound of Music it certainly suited Fujiko her playing the role of a more innocent women is a nice sight to see and of course she looks amazing in that belt XD

But here we get to see how her and Goemon first met with him working within the shadows of the assassin underworld and her working within the shadows of the thief's hands and heart. Of course Goemon is a prodigy swordsman coming from a long line of Samurai in his family it is certainly amusing that one the surface he appears to be a cool and collected character but underneath it he has a playful and innocent personality in several aspects like slicing out a rabbit for the kids and especially when it comes to women LOL well it is Fujiko she's basically everyone's weakness but he scored a kiss and perhaps even a true girlfriend from his point of view!

It was nice that each of their goals while initially taking priority took a back seat when it really mattered and they were able to protect those children and the passengers from an out of control train even though Fujiko did have a long con of going after that belt it still displays she does have a heart on certain matters even with her own agenda in mind so in that way her and Goemon bond through that experience.

Also, with her comments on not having a anywhere to go or a place to belong Goemon finds a kindred spirt with her on that as it is true in today's world there is no place for a Samurai a man out of time and so he wanders just like her. But, they ultimately did a good deed in protecting these three little kids who had suffered the tragedy losing both their Mother and Father sparing the life of their Grandpa and bringing the true culprit to justice and perhaps along the way they understood the deeper meaning of what a friend truly is.

That ending was classic though and how considerate of Goemon to at least leave her the belt she lifted as she made her exit ^-^ it will be interesting to see what comes next and what will happen when the whole gang comes together in this series looking forward to it!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Apr 11, 2012

65 by TheCrimsonEye »»
Feb 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

samuraitastic - Apr 4, 2012

141 by TheCrimsonEye »»
Feb 5, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

m0xxxy - Jun 28, 2012

83 by removed-user »»
Jan 23, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

busterbeam - May 9, 2012

57 by St0rmblade »»
Dec 1, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna Episode 7 Discussion

dbaranyi - May 16, 2012

49 by zelfron12 »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.