Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2012 11:14 PM

Jul 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
IMO: this movie was so off base from the series
once again i hated herve um i mean edger.... and what was edger and louise relationship??? at first i thought louise was supposed to be his sister but edger seemed all im in love with you so i was like 0.o idk???
the whole movie was confusing
Nov 26, 2012 10:39 PM

Aug 2009
I can't say that I hated it, but at the same time I can't say it was OK either. What was up with their "theme song"; it was pretty stupid. The Edgar / Louise relationship didn't bother me as much though as the pregnant looking mecha / robot that Rachel built...now that was disturbing.
Sep 7, 2013 3:38 PM

Nov 2011
Eh, this felt VERY different than what I watched from the tv series. For instance, the science fiction aspect in the beginning there....

I can't believe they added a new 'hot transfer student' to this. I don't even see a purpose to his existence. 3/10
May 19, 2014 10:50 PM

Apr 2013
What the fuck was this? I enjoyed the main series, but this was just awful. Not only did it not make sense, absolutely nothing was explained in the slightest. I actually wish that I hadn't watched it.
Nov 20, 2014 3:37 PM
Jun 2013
I really wish the ova was about them waking up and dealing with what just happened. I got so use to their stories in the show and all the drama it feels just odd for them to just leave it all behind. I would have liked maybe a flicker that some old memories pop up. The brother and robot sister thing was kinda creppy and whats with the island being alive. I also understand why the characters personalities changed so much since so many years passed they wanna try something new,but still kinda miss the old them. The ova was fine for what it was trying to do but I just would have prefered something els.
Oct 30, 2016 9:31 AM

Jun 2016
This was a total disappointmentfor me. The changes in the girls were bad, I mean, really bad. Rose was even more annoying than ever. Her role as a role model sucks, she is not just the type for it. And what happened to my dear Rachel? She looks terrible! I don't care about her clothes but what was with her face? Plus, instead of Sam, I'd like to see her with Luke.

As for the plot, they didn't remember anything, nothing was solved. Lisa and Herve were out of place. Everyrhing was so beneath average. I really enjoyed the series, so wish this one had not been produced at all. The plothad potential, it could have been done much much better.

4/10
Aug 25, 2017 2:44 PM
Sep 2015
That was rather dumb and inconsistent and made no sense at all. But the 300 year old hags were great and I loved how they toyed with "Edgar" so 6/10 it is, just like the main series.

WTF was with that "theme song though." Wonder if it was any better in Japanese, but don't feel like trying the sub to find out.
Mar 12, 2019 11:27 AM

Jul 2015
Unlike most of guys here, i actually liked this OVA. it had a totally different vibe compare to the series but that's what OVA are for, arnt they? i mean, the sci-fi stuff were kind of Rad but it was refreshing and kind of interesting, also the change in character personality was pretty cool, especially i really liked the new Kate.
Lastly, the end of series was kind of open and confusing, and it was nice to finally get the meaning behind the series title "Red Garden".
So overall i'll give the OVA, the same score as the series 8/10
Jun 8, 2019 7:16 PM

Dec 2015
People took this series too seriously, this OVA was fine.
Nov 28, 2021 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
OVA set in the distant future instead of dealing with the aftermath of the TV series events? Why not, I guess. The wack mecha action was kinda fun. Seeing how the girls changed over the years as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

More topics from this board

Poll: » Red Garden Continuation?

Zirgo - Oct 8, 2008

6 by Turb0_mugen »»
May 19, 2011 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.