Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 16, 2012 6:17 AM

Apr 2008
RaRitsujun said:
KyashiDesu said:
RaRitsujun said:
2/5
they’re rushing it.
what’s with that crappy fight. =.=

The final episode is next week. Do you honestly want a minor fight like that to be dragged on into the FINAL episode?

lmao Daath fight’s a minor fight?
they should’ve shortened other fight ffs.
shitty semi final, gawd.
the final episode’s gonna suck too.
girukura fanclowns are hilarious.

Not only is the content of your comments insipid as all hell but the font is murder on the eyes as well. Crawl back in your cave, troll.
Mar 16, 2012 6:27 AM

Jan 2010
lol, it's Evangelion all over again, except with crappy battles and stupid characters.
meh.
Mar 16, 2012 6:33 AM

Apr 2008
You know I am surprised no one commented on the fact that Shu used the VIRUS to overpower Daath when they locked blades. Even he looked surprised by that.
Mar 16, 2012 6:39 AM

Apr 2009
Segways and Evangalion rip-offs, wonderful. This trainwreck has exceeded Code Geass R2....

Also, these capslock fangirl comments on the first page of this thread...That confirmed my assumption that GC attracts rather...dumb individuals.
NidhoeggrMar 16, 2012 6:48 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 16, 2012 6:43 AM

Apr 2011
Enjoyable episodeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Mar 16, 2012 6:56 AM
Jun 2008
Did I heard it wrong because I think I heard that eye brow guy just said " I do it in the name of lard".... seriously, they shouldn't use Milky holmes parody in just important times.

During the drama moment.Shu forget to mentioned Hare.I guess he must have forgotten her already lol.

Inori's ecdysis. She became Mana 0.0" .Seems like the cloth changed as well.
Mar 16, 2012 7:06 AM
Feb 2012
Some of the hater comments are pure comedy gold. I really enjoy coming here from time to time to read them; especially the ones calling fans of this show "rather dumb individuals". Normally I wouldn't pay any attention to them but they're just too freakin' hilarious to ignore. So please, keep going. :)

Next episode looks- as I already said- awesome as hell. Judging by Haruka (?) and Daryl's reactions it seems like Mana can control them (indicated by the purple light seen in the preview). That makes me wonder if she will have her fun letting friends fight against each other. Just because she can to put it bluntly.
Another thing I'd want to know is how she'll act towards Gai. Now that Mana's back she could easily fuck him up and tell him to gtfo- which would be too fuckin' sweet. Anyway, 6 days to go.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 16, 2012 7:12 AM

Oct 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Uh, Shu has combined voids before. Most notably against the Leucocyte
Yeah but that was only due to Inori.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 16, 2012 7:24 AM

Apr 2008
^It still gave him the knowledge. Inori provided one component and the knowledge of how to do it. There's no reason why he can't do it without her.
Mar 16, 2012 7:28 AM

Aug 2011
Shu such a badass, flirting with ayase like that and also absorbing that spirit bomb.
The biblical allusions makes it hard to understand for those who don't know the story of Adam and eve though.

Mana's eyes are so scarry. I wonder how eves is going to come back, that plant that grew is probably the soul or essence of inori's existence.
Mar 16, 2012 7:56 AM

Jun 2011
awesome awesome
Mar 16, 2012 8:09 AM
Aug 2011
Even though all the hate Shu has gotten, it almost feels like they justify it by calling him heartbreakingly human. It's a great way to look at the situations and I tip my hat to the show for that. It's hard not to make mistakes being in the position he was put in and different stresses.

No clue how this will work out but if they kill Shu like a lot of people want/expect. It won't be something that will have me increasing it's rating. Too obvious to kill him off, though I think if you got a happy end with Inori and Shu people will be just as mad so I think it's lose/lose for some.

All I know is I am happy to almost be through with this.
Mar 16, 2012 8:27 AM

May 2010
Okay time for the final showdown, and please please I hope they will make a great ending !!

Mar 16, 2012 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Was I the only one who thought this show has periodic bouts of stupidity where it just gets much too convoluted for its own good? ....Because that's what I thought this show was experiencing this episode. Trying to hard to be sophisticated
Mar 16, 2012 8:59 AM
Aug 2011
I wonder what that tear flower will do that Inori made. I wouldn't be surprised if it contains her memories. <_<
Mar 16, 2012 9:19 AM

Sep 2011
Great!!!! This episode was great! Shu is still badass, this ep also shows the changes of some of the other characters, namely Ayase. That Ayashu moment was very enchanting, Shu is pretty cool with girls now and that is officially the last Ayashu moment this series will have...

I laughed when the U.N. used parachutes to land the mechas, seriously?? I also laughed when Daath or Yuu pulled out an apple from nowhere. He is such an underused villain. In fact, he was practically introduced for no reason. Never the less, that battle was really badass.

wait what? that bitch still hasn't died yet? Maybe off screen since she derserves no screen time...

Inori hmm... She is like Zelda to me now. She was completely useless for most of the series and undeveloped. She was just there to look pretty(well, good job on that part), and she failed to induce any feeling of sympathy from me, would've been MUCH better if she was handled at all in the first half.

Ok, does Shu have a messiah complex or something? He took the void of a soldier who wet his pants when he approached him... hmm IDK whether this makes me like him more, but it suits his character definitely(he's more on the "good side" than Lelouch and Light)

Is there really only 1 episode left!? I mean she was JUST revived, Mana... damn I wonder how this would end, it might actually work if they just forget the whole thing and start with season 2 :ppppp
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 16, 2012 9:21 AM

Sep 2011
YEX said:
Okay time for the final showdown, and please please I hope they will make a great ending !!

I am actually really glad they didn't go along with the bullshit that he suddenly turns all good and tamed and is in love with Tsugumi
Mar 16, 2012 10:03 AM

Nov 2009
Haha, Gai was in Kaname Madoka mode xD.

LOL
Mar 16, 2012 10:05 AM

Jun 2010
MillonzKub said:

i feel sorry for those who drop GC

Indeed.
Mar 16, 2012 10:26 AM

Sep 2011
-MgZ_ said:
MillonzKub said:

i feel sorry for those who drop GC

Indeed.

"I drop Guilty Crown everyweek" Remember that?

Time to rewatch that Ayashu moment <3
Mar 16, 2012 10:28 AM

Sep 2011
Waahh!?!??? Over 10,000 comments!!!! This far exceeds most anime, even Steins Gate only had 8000+
Mar 16, 2012 10:42 AM

Dec 2011
Bloody awesome episode, Cannot wait for the finale. Is it me or is foreshadowing a sad ending, the way i think Tsugumi said "Lets get this over with so we have a HAPPY END" just seems to me like it WONT happen.

Who the fuck is Daath (Blond Kid) luls
Mana looked hot for the first time in the anime
Poor Inori, bless her <3 Pls come back with Shu !!! :(
Mar 16, 2012 11:02 AM

Apr 2008
Kitchen said:
GuiltyKing said:
Some of the hater comments are pure comedy gold. I really enjoy coming here from time to time to read them; especially the ones calling fans of this show "rather dumb individuals". Normally I wouldn't pay any attention to them but they're just too freakin' hilarious to ignore. So please, keep going. :)

Next episode looks- as I already said- awesome as hell. Judging by Haruka (?) and Daryl's reactions it seems like Mana can control them (indicated by the purple light seen in the preview). That makes me wonder if she will have her fun letting friends fight against each other. Just because she can to put it bluntly.
Another thing I'd want to know is how she'll act towards Gai. Now that Mana's back she could easily fuck him up and tell him to gtfo- which would be too fuckin' sweet. Anyway, 6 days to go.

likewise with the idiotic fangirls like yourself. It's okay, we know you're new to Anime.

Lol using the whole "new to anime" card. God be more pathetic why don't you?
Mar 16, 2012 11:14 AM
Feb 2012
Kitchen said:
GuiltyKing said:

likewise with the idiotic fangirls like yourself. It's okay, we know you're new to Anime.

I sincerely thank you for confirming my above mentioned statement.
And as soon as someone runs out of arguments and has to use that "herp derp your a nub and new and have no planz", he instantaneously becomes boring for me and is no longer worth my attention.

Back to topic then. Season 2? Still likely? I actually doubt it. They could've probably done it better and devote at least two episodes to Mana and her crazy kingdom.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 16, 2012 11:17 AM

Apr 2011
How come GC couldn't be good in the beginning. Better late than never.
Mar 16, 2012 11:26 AM
Jan 2011
1 ep left.
Mar 16, 2012 11:35 AM

Jul 2011
Kitchen said:
GuiltyKing said:

Typical: make fun of an irrational hater's reaction, get called a fangirl.

Nice going, Kitchen: your argumentation was bewildering. I'm neutral when it comes to Guilty Crown; however, your behavior makes me think about who the idiotic ones truly are.
Mar 16, 2012 11:49 AM
Mar 2012
Oh lawdy the anime "critics" are hating as always. People must be convinced it makes them cool to rattle off similar anime that makes this show "unoriginal," or sucky, or whatever terms they like to use. Even funnier is that these ppl can't even understand Japanese, let alone comprehend Japanese culture and its various nuances lol! Hilarious! Please give me a lesson on Japanese storytelling, filmmaking, color, and animation theory since *obviously* you are well versed in all of these things. What? You're not? Why are you pretending to be some anime expert then? Oh yes, its the internet...so many fakes and wannabes.

News flash: you don't know nearly enough about anime, or Japan, to have your criticism hold any more weight than a random opinion. Most Japanese ppl hardly know enough about that sort of thing to be considered a "critic". Pretending your taste is somehow well informed is just a joke. You watched a bunch of animes you like, and this is one you don't like. Thats all it is...there's nothing "pro" about that. And quite frankly, someone who really knows what they are doing can take all those anime you like and tell how how they're just like older anime. So please, stop pretending to be an expert. Its pathetic.

As far as Guilty Crown goes, definitely one of my favorite animes this season, and of all time. Love the music, the characters, and the lack of clear story direction. I hate when animes set themselves up into a really predictable and linear storyline. I like to have questions, like to try and figure things out, and don't want such a clear distinction between good guys and bad guys. A lot of characters in this show were shades of gray, including Shu. The way Shu and Inori stood by each other, even when they were doing really bad stuff, was great. It was kinda cool seeing Evil Shu/Evil Inori controlling their kingdom. Awesome.

Great episode, glad Shu has finally gotten over that emotional beating he's been receiving. Really curious how he's gonna save Inori lol, that whole teardrop ---> flower thing is probably gonna have something to do with it. Maybe his void? He can draw things out right...couldn't he separate Inori and Mana? Guess we'll see! Sad its the finale though, was a really good show.
Mar 16, 2012 12:11 PM

Sep 2009
This show is worth it's budget alone for the insane ramblings of people in these threads.

@Kitchen: Quit being a derpface.
Mar 16, 2012 12:15 PM

Oct 2010
Darklight0303 said:
^It still gave him the knowledge. Inori provided one component and the knowledge of how to do it. There's no reason why he can't do it without her.
No well, I was referring more that Inori's void is the only one capable of combining other than Gai's Void. Is what I though but it seems you say there is a way Kings of Voids can do without that? IF so then I would not be surprised anymore that sudden ass pull they did.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 16, 2012 12:16 PM

Feb 2012
Kitchen said:

Though I've seen even more idiotic, blind haters such as Draconismarch. Hating on a show like GC when Angel Beats is his #1. Ha. Because they're so much different. Plot holes, no story, shit cast, good music, good visual (though many people enjoy it but for some one who rates "objectively". ha.

I liked Angel Beats more than Guilty Crown because it had a lot of things to distract me from its flaws and the characters were freaking funny. Of course, I tend to go both objective and subjective whenever I watch or review something.

I honestly have no idea what to rate this show as of now. It doesn't help that I think "mediocre" (which is 5/10 on the scale here) is one of the worst grades you can ever give a product, as when it's bad (4/10), at least it leaves an impression on your mind.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 16, 2012 12:25 PM
Mar 2012
Flawfinder said:
Kitchen said:

Though I've seen even more idiotic, blind haters such as Draconismarch. Hating on a show like GC when Angel Beats is his #1. Ha. Because they're so much different. Plot holes, no story, shit cast, good music, good visual (though many people enjoy it but for some one who rates "objectively". ha.

I liked Angel Beats more than Guilty Crown because it had a lot of things to distract me from its flaws and the characters were freaking funny. Of course, I tend to go both objective and subjective whenever I watch or review something.

I honestly have no idea what to rate this show as of now. It doesn't help that I think "mediocre" (which is 5/10 on the scale here) is one of the worst grades you can ever give a product, as when it's bad (4/10), at least it leaves an impression on your mind.

Lol exactly why I can't take anime reviews seriously. I really have no idea what they are based on. But to each his own.

I find Angel Beats a funny version of Guilty Crown. Its mostly just slapstick humor, which is why i can't understand for the life of me how its so much more superior. Its funny, sure, but other than that its not special. The characters aren't any more well done than Guilty Crown, the story any more or less confusing, the music any more or less superior.

Reviews say they try to remain objective but no review is objective. As a reviewer your bias will allow you to ignore the flaws of one show, while only focusing on the same flaws of another show. You like it cuz you like it, but in no way do you call that an objective opinion.
Mar 16, 2012 12:30 PM

Aug 2009
Okay. Considering that the final episode is next week, I think that the ending can go a many ways:

1. Shu sacrifices himself and saves everyone, taking Mana and the virus along with him.
2. Shu uses that rainbow flower thingy to somehow bring back Inori, thus, defeating Mana and maybe Gai.
3. Shu and Gai team up to defeat Mana. Shu brings back Inori by using that flower.
4. Shu saves Inori and everyone. However, he sacrifices his king's power in return.
5. Everyone dies.
6. Shu dies but gets resurrected. This is possible considering all the religious themes.
7. Tsugumi's happy end

Just my many predictions.
In the preview, it sounds like Shu is going to actually sacrifice himself.
"Humanity shall break free of the flesh and sink into perpetual agony of crystallized death.
Voids are the harbingers of that end.
Hearts of people become the material of the new world.
The final drama brought upon us by Mana.
With no method of resistance, the people accept the light of punishment.
I wonder if this sin will become a memory in the crystallization.
Next: Inori/Prayer/Convergence
I will never regret meeting anyone"
It also sounds like everyone is going to die. However, the preview could just be trolling us... as usual.
And since the name of the next episode has Convergence in it, everyone may actually band together and fight Mana? So maybe Daryl will switch sides? What about the GHQ and the UN?
Just a few thoughts.
Mar 16, 2012 12:36 PM
Mar 2012
KyashiDesu said:
Okay. Considering that the final episode is next week, I think that the ending can go a many ways:

1. Shu sacrifices himself and saves everyone, taking Mana and the virus along with him.
2. Shu uses that rainbow flower thingy to somehow bring back Inori, thus, defeating Mana and maybe Gai.
3. Shu and Gai team up to defeat Mana. Shu brings back Inori by using that flower.
4. Shu saves Inori and everyone. However, he sacrifices his king's power in return.
5. Everyone dies.
6. Shu dies but gets resurrected. This is possible considering all the religious themes.
7. Tsugumi's happy end

I can't see anything that involves Shu dying. He has everyone's hearts after all, if he dies then a lot of ppl die. He can't give them back from long distance either...so we can bank on Shu living. I do think the final confrontation will come down to Shu drawing out Inori's void somehow..and it taking some crazy new form. After all, Inori said voids change as ppl change, and she just finished admitting her love for Shu, and recently believeing that "Inori is Inori" and not a monster.

So I'm expecting a new Void from Inori that will put the battle to the end.
Mar 16, 2012 12:43 PM
Mar 2012
Kitchen said:

or

Shu wanting to sacrifice himself but instead Gai shows his overall plot and how he was supposed to be a "good guy", sacrificing himself, allowing Shu and Inori/Mana to live happily ever after.

or

Code Geass Ending

That would annoy me...Gai should die as a villain dangit! Though I know for sure it won't happen, he's not evil enough. QQ.
Mar 16, 2012 12:43 PM

Aug 2009
amradio said:
Kitchen said:

or

Shu wanting to sacrifice himself but instead Gai shows his overall plot and how he was supposed to be a "good guy", sacrificing himself, allowing Shu and Inori/Mana to live happily ever after.

or

Code Geass Ending

That would annoy me...Gai should die as a villain dangit! Though I know for sure it won't happen, he's not evil enough. QQ.

Looking at the preview again, it actually looks like Gai's going to actually help Shu. Looks like he's saving him in that once scene.
Mar 16, 2012 1:06 PM
Feb 2012
That'd be lame. After cutting off Shu's arm Gai doesn't deserve a heroic ending. Why awaken Mana when he decides to sacrifice himself in the end? Would destroy the whole purpose of him attacking Shu and bringing back that crazy bitch. I'd rather see Shu cutting off Gai's arm to get a second king's power. It most likely won't happen but I'd like to see it nevertheless.

What will really happen? That's unpredictable at this point. This show could have so many endings- one being the start for a second season- and that is one of the things that makes Guilty Crown unique for me.
Mar 16, 2012 1:17 PM

May 2011
my guess is Mana kills everyone and herself.

but I have notice somethings similar with Aquarion EVOL.

1. same VAs voice the lead characters
2.Ayase and Inori both love Shu as in Zessica and Mikono both love Amata
3.Gai and Mykage are 'Evil' and is the leader of the dark side
4.it has to do with Adam and Eve, but reverse in Aquarion is they are trying to find an Eve
5.everyone has a "power"
Mar 16, 2012 2:14 PM

Jul 2011
Solkiskey said:

lol at fanboys taking haters so seriously and claiming we're the ones who are too serious.

Last episode, you said 34 attempts at invasion were destroyed. Some episode before that, we saw some fleet get vaporized by one. Now, the 256 Leukocytes are a bluff? Nice continuity there. Something something lame cliche dialog let's save the world blah. LOL terrible dialog between Ayase and Shoe. It's hilarious how they always seem to instantly know an exact percentage of how much of the enemy force has been wiped out. Why the fuck has Daryl not been imprisoned due to the blatant treason he's committed? Oh, gotta get more Tsugumi ass shots in there before the series is over. What's that? You blow minds? That's not the only thing you blow. Yes Shoe, let's call Souta's name, because we definitely need to do that to use his void. "Then we'll all have a happy ending"? HOLY LOL who's in charge of the dialog here. "Hey, we still haven't told the story of how Inori joined the Undertakers." "Duh... let's throw in a 5 second flashback." "Duh... 'kay!" No, Inori. You can't try to tell me Shu has decent characterization. That's not how it works. (Not to mention the vain attempt at giving YOU a personality.) Shu = man? ROFL Gai you funny. Shu "brilliantly" got his powers back? They were HANDED to him, Guy Whose Name I Still Don't Remember. Oh lawd, now he's offering the Fruit of the Knowledge of Good and Evil so he can complete Human Instrumentality NGE style. Oh wait. Inori was suffering and fighting darkness inside her? When was this happening? I'm pretty damn sure they just threw all rules about Voids out the window for the sake of pure coolness. I at least gotta give the wardrobe designer props, because they come up with some pretty awesome-looking shit. Surprisingly, this episode didn't even have much cool going for it... except the outfits. I thought there was supposed to be some super awesome climax going on? No? You can't even do that? LOL.

By DraconisMarch, kudos to you.

ugh id rather not start another one of those stupid arguments right now and dude........and you say im taking it too seriously!? i dont know if it comes across me taking it too seriously, but im really not, i never take any anime too seriously otherwise i wouldn't enjoy it, though i do admit i like discussing and take it slightly seriously, i was only trying to explain why shu used the scooter and answer a few questions, your the one who is taking it a bit too far by quoting draconis march, he was the biggest troll in this forum and i argued countless times with him because i didn't like how he trolled a number of fans, but he admitted himself that he was only doing it for fun and purposely got into arguments just to mess around, he always found the most tiniest things to bash, you can never take him seriously

just saying im really not a fanboy, i like parts of the anime, the music and a few characters, i dont love them to bits. i just like discussing episodes and this anime is really popular, there is a lot of activity as there is a lot to talk about
Mar 16, 2012 3:22 PM
Feb 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:

ugh id rather not start another one of those stupid arguments right now and dude........and you say im taking it too seriously!? i dont know if it comes across me taking it too seriously, but im really not, i never take any anime too seriously otherwise i wouldn't enjoy it, though i do admit i like discussing and take it slightly seriously, i was only trying to explain why shu used the scooter and answer a few questions, your the one who is taking it a bit too far by quoting draconis march, he was the biggest troll in this forum and i argued countless times with him because i didn't like how he trolled a number of fans, but he admitted himself that he was only doing it for fun and purposely got into arguments just to mess around, he always found the most tiniest things to bash, you can never take him seriously

just saying im really not a fanboy, i like parts of the anime, the music and a few characters, i dont love them to bits. i just like discussing episodes and this anime is really popular, there is a lot of activity as there is a lot to talk about

I have to say I'm pretty much in agreement here; both sides are taking this crap way too seriously and it's really just bringing it all down for everyone because a few people on both sides just can't keep their mouths shut and just shut up and enjoy the show.

Too many people here, haters and fanboys alike are pulling the, "Herp deep, I R XPert anime critic! This show sucks/rocks because...!" Feeling that they have to either deify or demonize this show.

Up to this point the show/series has been pretty good for me; admittedly I started this show an absolute 110% fanboy, watched all 18 eps at the time in 48 hours, discussed, reviewed, and shared the series and anxiously awaited the new eps. After seeing points of view from both sides I still love the show but I do see the flaws in it, most being Inori's complete and utter lack of thoughtful character design, and the show's incredibly rushed pace throwing things at the viewer quickly.

Does this mean the show sucks? No; does this mean I still think this is one of the best shows on Earth? No, but it's a damn good one though, and the ending will make or break my final result of this show.

I enjoyed what happened in 21 because its starting to bring things together, and I actually am most disappointed in the comments people leave about it, more than the inconsistencies of the show/ep itself.

Yuu was meant to be a seemingly omnipotent and mysterious character from Daath; Gai knew him, it doesn't mean the viewer needs to, this show is based pretty much on Shu's point of reference anyway.

The arguments here about the show are getting pretty lame, and it's sad that the Fanboys can't see that the 'Haters' other than a select few that really do hate it, are just trolling the Fanboys into arguments. Trying to be a bit of a voice of reason here but too many people on MAL just will not listen to anyone, so many seem to think they're some 'professional critic on anime' that anyone who argues with them is just an idiot or just can't see what they're talking about.

Fact of the matter is Guilty Crown is good, but not great, but not bad at the same time depending on who you ask. I say it's a 7.5/10 based on all I've seen up till now and I think a slower, more detailed story would easily bring it up to a 9, and better information on the characters themselves would make it a 10. It's got the art, and the music, now all it needs is a good story to fix it, but that was its Achillle's Heel and it's paying for it with that.
Mar 16, 2012 3:52 PM
Mar 2012
Jerichow said:

I still love the show but I do see the flaws in it, most being Inori's complete and utter lack of thoughtful character design, and the show's incredibly rushed pace throwing things at the viewer quickly.

Yeah but these are flaws inherent in just about every anime that doesn't have the luxury of running 50+ episodes. You're talking 23 mins an episode, a certain amount of content to cover, and only 22 or so eps to do it in. There's only so much you can do, especially when you have as many characters/factions/organizations/motives as this anime had. It should've been stretched to two seasons.

And I love Inori's design..she's a cute character lol. One of my favorites aha.

Does this mean the show sucks? No; does this mean I still think this is one of the best shows on Earth? No, but it's a damn good one though, and the ending will make or break my final result of this show.

And thats just it, flaws don't make a show suck lol.

It's got the art, and the music, now all it needs is a good story to fix it, but that was its Achillle's Heel and it's paying for it with that.

Ive been reading this a lot but I think the story is great. I'm not sure how anyone would improve on it without stretching it over two seasons. I like the fact there's no bad guy, a lot of gray characters, and it wasn't predictably linear. What is everyone's issue with the story lol?
Mar 16, 2012 4:26 PM

Jan 2009
Not all anime requires deep thinking or some epic scene.

Sometimes you just want:

- moe/ecchi
- fights
- magic
- robots
- rocking soundtrack

GC fulfills those elements. So everyone stop trolling or saying its best thing since sliced bread.

Just watch it if you like it and watch something else if you don't (unless your a sadist)
Mar 16, 2012 4:33 PM
Dec 2007
Open statement to both Fanboys and Haters:

SHUT THE EF UP ALREADY! YOUR E-PEEN WON'T GROW ANY LONGER.

Mar 16, 2012 5:34 PM

Nov 2011
Tomodachi5 said:
Articman said:
Some Quick thoughts:

Yet again, the Military's tactics don't make sense. They conviently place themselves in the worse possible position for Gai's counter strike. They have all kinds of weapons and don't use the to supress GHQ's defenses and ground forces.

Yes, Shu on the scooter was a bit hookie. His fight with Yuu/Daath was good. Still, we now have more questions about Yuu/Daath then we did before this episode.

I loved the Shu/Ayase moments. I've waited a long time for this scene. It says a lot Ayase's feelings for and about Shu, that she asked him to help her. I really like how she told him not to turn this into a suicide mission.

The Inori being mind wiped scenes were Sad. Interesting that she and Shu said basicly the same things about each other.

Tsugumi.... Mama Haruka? (shakes head) Look out Shu, it sounds like you now have a little sister.

Is it me, or did the writers throw in that opening to try to redeem Gai? Really, I could have done without it. Oh, and the Void Genome can now be used to wipe minds? It's right up there with Gai coming up with these Super Combo Voids at the drop of a hat.

What do you think?

Void Genome wiping minds? No,if you look closely Gai was using the ring created from the Meteorite that has the power to "control the selfish Eve."

It would have been nice if they showed Gai putting on the ring first, then mind wiping Inori. But they didn't, just Gai extending his right hand, his Void Hand, towards Inori and energy streaming to Inori, starting the Mind Wipe Process.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Mar 16, 2012 5:40 PM

May 2009
Inori love confession was really strong point of this episode. Ai Kaiano is trully best "new" voice actress.
Mar 16, 2012 5:49 PM
May 2010
This episode is kind of messed up...
Daath, who is supposed to be way stronger than Shu, got beaten in just a few moves?? Was Shu cheating??
Mar 16, 2012 5:53 PM

Feb 2012
amradio said:
Flawfinder said:
Kitchen said:

Lol exactly why I can't take anime reviews seriously. I really have no idea what they are based on. But to each his own.

I find Angel Beats a funny version of Guilty Crown. Its mostly just slapstick humor, which is why i can't understand for the life of me how its so much more superior. Its funny, sure, but other than that its not special. The characters aren't any more well done than Guilty Crown, the story any more or less confusing, the music any more or less superior.

Reviews say they try to remain objective but no review is objective. As a reviewer your bias will allow you to ignore the flaws of one show, while only focusing on the same flaws of another show. You like it cuz you like it, but in no way do you call that an objective opinion.

In my case, the characters in AB didn't annoy me as much as in GC. In fact, they seemed to sum up my reaction to the show on numerous occasions. "You're the one who sacrificed him!" Well said, Otonashi. Well said. Plus, that anime sort of knew it was stupid, which I find kind of sad, considering the budget it had, but what can you do?

For reviews, it's good to be a mixture of both objective and subjective. Reviews should help guide people to the anime (although I would never suggest people not watch something because I didn't like it), but more often than not, they're supposed to be about how you feel about the anime. Personally, I find being totally objective makes you look like a tool.

Either way, I think I might call this show "bad", because calling it "average" just makes the show sound forgettable and blase. Yeah, it's a lower score, but being mediocre is the worst sin you can make entertainment, so what the hell?
FlawfinderMar 16, 2012 5:58 PM
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 16, 2012 6:13 PM

Nov 2011
GodlyKyon said:

Ok, does Shu have a messiah complex or something? He took the void of a soldier who wet his pants when he approached him... hmm IDK whether this makes me like him more, but it suits his character definitely(he's more on the "good side" than Lelouch and Light)

He sort of reminds me of John McClane in Live Free or Die Hard.

"Matt Farrell: Then why you doing this?

John McClane: Because there's no body else to do it right now, that's why. Believe me, if there were somebody else to do it, I'd let them do it, but there's not. So we're doing it.

Matt Farrell: Ah. That's what makes you that guy."

Like Shu, McClane is something of a Chew Toy. But this is what Shu can do, has to do. As the bearer of a Void Genome, he's the only one that can face Gai. Of course, Shu chose to take up the 3rd Genome, setting himself on this path.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Mar 16, 2012 6:25 PM

Nov 2011
jimmy2027 said:
This episode is kind of messed up...
Daath, who is supposed to be way stronger than Shu, got beaten in just a few moves?? Was Shu cheating??

More like Daath didn't understand what he's facing in Shu. It's implied that Daath/Yuu has years of experience in weilding the Void Genome. But, both times Shu recieves the Void Genome, we get that Pillar of Light. We didn't see that happen when Gai took Shu's arm and the Void Genome.

There is a reason why Mana/Eve chose Shu to become Adam to her Eve. Part of that reason, may be why Shu was able to defeat Daath the way he did.

Mar 16, 2012 7:43 PM
Feb 2012
Articman said:

More like Daath didn't understand what he's facing in Shu. It's implied that Daath/Yuu has years of experience in weilding the Void Genome. But, both times Shu recieves the Void Genome, we get that Pillar of Light. We didn't see that happen when Gai took Shu's arm and the Void Genome.

There is a reason why Mana/Eve chose Shu to become Adam to her Eve. Part of that reason, may be why Shu was able to defeat Daath the way he did.

Going to have to agree with this - there is something definitely up with Shu getting the Void Genome and getting that giant pillar of light... twice. Remember, the 2nd one was also supposed to kill him when it was injected, but it didn't, if anything it seemed to make him stronger.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.