Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 1, 2015 9:38 AM

Jul 2009
Very sad episode :(

At least we get to know more about Faye's past, seems one of her classmate is still alive after all.

So the accident is when she was traveling through space with her family, then suddenly the engine broke down and everyone likely suffocated due to lack of carbon oxygen.

I wonder how she survived all of this?

Nice body though!! Faye is one sexy lady :O

Wow didn't know Ed did have a father! Though why the name Appledelhi?! >_>

Also his seiyuu seems to be voiced by Utsumi, Kenji. Since he sounds like Armstrong from Full Metal Alchemist :D

Man so many veterans who voiced in this show! Shame a good number of them passed away like Utsumi-san, Chikao-san etc.

Damn not even Spike could hurt this guy. He's a monster!

Yeah the egg was kinda weird, but it probably meant they won't be coming back so they just ate whatever portion Faye and Ed and even Ein had.

So no more Ed and Ein?! I know Faye will come back just because of the preview.

See You Cowgirl,
Someday, Somewhere!

Oh well that's just life. At least we know Faye is coming back so i'm good with that :)

Any case last two episodes!!! There's also a movie so Cowboy Bebop is not over yet!

Finally it's Spike's turn! Hopefully will learn his past, Vicious and Julia's relationship and the syndicate.

Gonna be one hell of a ride for this one!! ^__^

Can't wait to finish them all!
Feb 5, 2015 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
Holding back tears after this episode. I can't believe Ed and Faye are gone... but like Jet said in the preview, everything has to end eventually. Faye was in the preview too, I hope we see more of her.

Probably my favorite episode. It makes me sad to think there are only two more...
May 28, 2015 10:31 AM

Dec 2012
This was an amazing heartfelt episode~
Definitely my favorite
Jun 8, 2015 6:49 PM

Feb 2013
So I gues Ed left. Aww. The Bebop crew got a lot more quiet now.

Faye left too I think? Yeah, I think she did. Wow. So now it's just Jet and Spike.

I wonder how these last two episodes are going to be about. Faye does appear in the preview in the next episode. Let's see where this goes.
Jul 1, 2015 7:04 PM

Aug 2007
Damn that is sad. It's exactly how Spike wanted it at first but now it seems he does care. But lol Edward's dad was pretty bad ass lol. Only person so far to win a fight against Spike without breaking a sweat.
Jul 4, 2015 1:15 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode Faye kissing Ed was so random :p
Jul 4, 2015 4:34 AM

Oct 2014
Very sad episode indeed
Affedersiniz Hesap Lütfen?
They can name him like a normal human
What kind of name is this?
Jul 20, 2015 9:35 PM

Jan 2015
Ooowwwwwwnn
So saaaad :(
Jul 31, 2015 9:35 PM
Dec 2014
Damn, Faye... That was depressing. Awesome episode.
Aug 11, 2015 2:06 PM

Jul 2014
Damn...The egg-eating at the end was so...sad. I could feel the loneliness...
Good-bye Ed, you were a strange one but always lightened things up.
Faye's story never fails to make me teary-eyed...
soundtrack was great this episode, one of my favorite of the series.
Seems like it's all going down next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2015 4:22 PM

Feb 2012
The raw emotion in this is just amazing, you don't see anyone conveying how upset they are at all, yet you still somehow feel sadness
Sep 17, 2015 7:07 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Ed! Faye! You can't leave!!!
Oct 3, 2015 1:36 PM

Jan 2015
Perfect episode. Them feels.
HapHazrDOct 3, 2015 1:48 PM
Oct 17, 2015 1:09 PM
Nov 2014
Goodbye Faye, Ein and Ed. Now it's only Jet and Spike left in the group.
Nov 14, 2015 11:37 PM

Dec 2013
Favourite episode! Dem feels ;_;

Had no idea that Ed had a father...
Dec 12, 2015 9:13 AM
Mar 2012
I haven't suspected that, but I was crying during the ending.
This show is amazing.
Dec 30, 2015 8:32 AM
Jun 2013
NOOOOO ED COME BACK I LOVE YOU!
My favorite character...dang. Faye too...I hope Faye stays though. They were the highlights of the show.

2 more episodes left, but they won't be the same without ed :(
Jan 1, 2016 6:47 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Faye, Ed, and Ein leave ;_; Ed's father was cool.

5/5
Jan 12, 2016 6:27 PM

Jan 2013
Sentimental and sad episode
Feb 28, 2016 9:25 AM

Jan 2016
Wow that was fuckin amazing. The best CB episode and probably one of the Greatest anime episodes ever.
Glad that they finally showed Ed's backstory, and Faye finally remembered her past.
That ending was really sad/beautiful, Faye, Ed and Ein left the crew...
i just didn't understand why Ed left.

anyway, i hope in the last 2 episodes we see Vicious and Spike's ex girl.
This episode was a Masterpiece 10/10
May 6, 2016 4:24 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Cyrograf said:
I was very sad. I have to say that i cried after seeing last episode.

Somethimes i wonder. Its history of Cowboy's Bebop crew, or mostly about Spike? And Faye, Jet and Ed are only background?

And i think tsukikage is right. I was the best way, perhaps not only, but the best in the end.

It was pretty sad, I didnt expected that, I just expected one more episodic episode and then, stuff start to be pretty conclusive, caught me off guard big time damm!
Really sad to see Ed and Ein parting with the crew (Ed's dad was a funny guy), and also about Faye, how could I not mention her?! She finally remenbered, the accident, fuck... how could she "survive" an Shuttle hand crashing from orbit and falling onto Earth??
At least the show really developed her past (was expecting it not to happen), and is Faye also parting?! What an episode...
Hard Luck Woman, hell no, more like departing women or something!
The final scene were Spike and Jet are "adapting" to the women's depart, while eating the eggs really tells alot too.
PlaycoolMay 6, 2016 4:28 AM
May 30, 2016 2:32 AM

Oct 2012
That was actually a pretty sad episode :(

Just waiting for the real Folk Blues now
"Signature removed"
Jun 23, 2016 2:50 PM

May 2013
The music as we saw people splitting up at the end was on point. Really felt sad in my heart watching everyone go their separate ways
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Jun 29, 2016 2:49 AM

Mar 2016
when Ed and Ein left it was soooo sad, wow. Easily one of the best episodes in the series

I hope Faye comes back, I feel like she might
Jul 23, 2016 9:14 AM

Nov 2012
Sad to see Faye and Ed leave.

Egg eating scene was touching,it shows how Spike and Jet accepted that they're not coming back and how much they cared for them.
Aug 23, 2016 3:31 AM

Jan 2013
Damn thats pretty sad Ed (and Ein) left :/ Was she going after her father or no? They werent exactly clear about that.

I wonder how Ed's father was soo good at martial arts. He was a badass! kinda messed up to ditch Ed like that though ha.
Oct 18, 2016 5:15 PM

Mar 2015
Does anyone know why Faye left? Melancholic reasons?
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Oct 28, 2016 9:18 AM

Mar 2013
So we're back to the old original crew eh...

That hit hard. Wasn't expecting to be this sad after seeing the episode. Nothing on the verge of dropping tears but just... sad... seeing how far we've come now and it's time for the goodbye ;_;

Farewell Faye and Ed :')
Nov 10, 2016 1:23 PM

Nov 2014
Probably the most touching egg eating scene in history of anime.
Dec 30, 2016 11:08 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was sad
Jan 3, 2017 2:19 PM
Apr 2014
Wow. THis ep was so sad D: Did they really just lose all the companions they made along the way? That meal at the end made it even worse :( Spike and Jet were definitely disappointed considering how angrily they ate those other portions.
Jan 4, 2017 5:01 AM

Nov 2011
This episode, dispels the myth that the episodes were completely self-contained in their narration. As usual, the story is a mixture of sympathy and sad and melancholy moments, accompanied in the final, the fabulous song "Call me, call me." Excellent soundtrack, even the script. We go to the showdown, Yay!
Apr 8, 2017 8:30 AM

Dec 2015
Bai Bai Ed.
That egg eating tho.No tears, just eggs.
Apr 20, 2017 4:39 AM

Jun 2016
Very emotional episode, liked it a lot. Ed left the crew like she entered, a whirlwind of energy and mystery.
I wish we would have gotten more of Faye's backstory, but the way it was handled here was still beautiful.
Aug 5, 2017 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
OMG ED & EIN ;-;
i'll miss you both so much </3
Aug 14, 2017 3:24 PM

May 2016
Damn this was really sad I guess it's time to say good bye to Ed I'm really gonna miss you.
Aug 27, 2017 5:08 AM

May 2015
Take care ed&ein. I hope we will se Faye in the next 2 episodes.

That egg-attack!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 19, 2017 1:57 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, that was a really amazing episode!!!

I can't believe we met Ed's dad and learned her real name, and he forgot if she was male or female or was joking because of how she dresses, probably lol. I hope so lol. Although ...

But then he ran off again, I can't believe he forgot he left Ed in a day care centre.

I can't believe Faye didn't ask her former class mate who had grown up about her past, that would've been the obvious thing to do, but she ran off but started to remember things herself. I guess her memories started to flood back after seeing someone familiar from her past. I thought maybe she was just in a regular old car accident or something but it was going in to space.

The scene where she ran up the hill to where her McMansion used to be was poignant, but only to find it had all been destroyed. That was a shame but she lay there in a room she added on herself at the side by drawing a line with a stick. That was sweet.

She left and so did Ed along Ein, those two left together and didn't even give Jet and Spike a proper goodbye, Ed left a bye bye painted on the deck of the ship, whereas Faye left no sign of a goodbye. They all seemed to simply move on with their lives without giving the Bebop life they shared with Spike and Jet a second though tbh. I think that was a shame, I would've liked to have seen some proper goodbyes. I mean fair enough if they had fell out and stormed off but none of them had, it seems sad that after all that time they didn't think it necessary to say bye before parting ways. They really should have, unless it was because they thought Spike and Jet would make them stay, I don't know.

It was funny seeing Spike and Jet with Ed dad though, and Spike fighting him, Spike looked so tiny in comparison. And it was funny when Ed catapulted herself in to her dads arms, and sweet and zany.

It's a shame Faye, Ed and Ein aren't in the last two episode and seeing out the end of the series.

I know they are in the movie too which I thought about rewatching when suggested but already watched the two episodes you were meant to watch it in between on the same day, and last time I watched it before watching half the series, this time I think I will save it until after since it came out after anyway even if it makes no sense watching it then.

Spike and Jet eating all the eggs they had cooked at the end when they realised they were now alone was sad :(
stephtastropheOct 19, 2017 2:05 PM
Dec 14, 2017 9:23 PM

Jul 2015
I'll never see eggs in the same way.
Jan 22, 2018 3:55 PM

Apr 2014
What? No! You can't do this to me..
Jan 23, 2018 7:16 AM

May 2014
Best episode so far. Loved the endings to both their storylines.
Mar 5, 2018 12:53 PM

Jan 2018
Ed, don't leave!! it won't be the same without her carefree attitude.

May 16, 2018 1:10 PM

Jul 2016
Awww, Ed left :( Although I guess that, considering how tragic and dramatic the last two episodes are going to be, it's better to let the comic relief characters leave.

Next up: The-Real Foook Burus, okay now for serious: The Real Folk Blues, time to wrap the series up.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Aug 19, 2018 9:09 AM

Jun 2015
Lovely episode. Full of emotions. It's great to see a little more of the background of the characters and I kind of feel sad to see the crew splitting up. I've always been weak in front of this kind of situations although I find them bitterly sweet.

Sep 1, 2018 4:16 AM

Jan 2013
A really sad conclusion to the episode. With two more left, I don't think we'll ever see Faye or Ed again.
Sep 4, 2018 4:23 PM

Jun 2015
Second rewatch here
A really sad episode and I almost teared up
Ed was my favorite character but I guess she had to leave for what to come with spike later
And so, see you space cowgirl.
Oct 11, 2018 1:40 AM
Apr 2014
franticbisque said:

I personally felt that since talking about food and being hungry has been a recurring theme and motivation to hunt for bounties in the series eating all those eggs was a bitter catharsis for Spike and Jet: for once they had all they could eat but finding that it wasn't satisfactory when the others were gone.

Almost 10 years after I first saw this episode, I'm just now appreciating this layer of meaning. Thank you.
Oct 18, 2018 2:03 PM

Jun 2017
young_x said:
franticbisque said:

I personally felt that since talking about food and being hungry has been a recurring theme and motivation to hunt for bounties in the series eating all those eggs was a bitter catharsis for Spike and Jet: for once they had all they could eat but finding that it wasn't satisfactory when the others were gone.

Almost 10 years after I first saw this episode, I'm just now appreciating this layer of meaning. Thank you.

You know one thing that always gets me about that scene? You can see that Ein's doggie bowl is filled with eggs. They knew it was a waste to put food in his bowl, but they still did because they couldn't help hoping that Ed and Ein would come back.
Dec 10, 2018 5:47 PM

Feb 2017
Amazing the changes in Faye this episode. It's like her personality shifted as she learned more about her past. I guess she had to put up some serious mental fronts and a tough attitude to deal with not knowing herself at all.
Feb 13, 2019 1:48 PM
Dec 2016
I'm kind of late but this episode was just something mindblowing
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FighterZ - May 14, 2008

183 by FunniMonkey69 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 23, 2009

116 by RioFS »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 22, 2009

114 by RioFS »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FighterZ - Apr 27, 2008

180 by RioFS »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HaiAlwaysHungry - Oct 29, 2008

116 by RioFS »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.