Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 2012 8:49 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Inori is going to be back to Mana eventually?

Gai announcing the end of world on Christmas day.

Kurosu (Shu's father?)'s diary and truth was revealed. Shu's mother died giving birth to Shu + having the crystal thing. Seems like the pink hair girl is made from the experiment? Gai/Cryton was also created? Then the assistant with a mission, came to marry him.

He's been researching for the power the whole time. "That friend" (who is the main boss) killed him.

Shu's void is to absorb people's power including the disease. And Shu was there for regaining Mana/Inori. Shu's returning people's voids to save Inori and everyone, but people wants him to have them. Friends reconciliation. Wheelchair girl is going with him.

What?? Gai is "older brother" of Shu??

Gai vs Shu is coming up.
tsubasaloverMar 10, 2012 11:03 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 8, 2012 10:08 AM

Aug 2010
Nice reconciliation episode that almost trump the importance of all the background and explanation that was finally given to us. Let us hope that the next two episode are about action and have a conclusion.
Mar 8, 2012 10:23 AM

Feb 2012
It was a decent episode. The villains still suck when it comes to motivation though and the flashback annoyed me due to its constant use of narration rather than showing us what's happening, along with the fact that I don't think it added anything we needed to know. **

But aside from that, everything played out rather seriously and well, so 4/5 for me.

** Virus came from space? Really? That's your explanation? What a cop-out.

Edit: Oh, and any notions that Shu is supposed to represent a realistic normal teenage boy was thrown out the window with this episode when it was decided from the start that he would be freaking Jesus. Now I can actually stop hating him for trying to be something he's not. ^_^
FlawfinderMar 8, 2012 10:35 AM
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 8, 2012 10:34 AM
Feb 2010
It was nice that they didn't try what they did in episode 12(mix fighting with flashbacks).

On tv tropes there was a WMG saying Shu's father was Segai, didn't Segai's and Shu's Dad sound similar in the voice, I thought that was funny.

Now that Gai is an "adopted" cousin, Shu and Haruka seem to be the only sane people in this family.

People still speculate on Big Bad of the series, I will just say it's Mana.
Mar 8, 2012 10:36 AM

May 2010
not enough to save the anime .
Mar 8, 2012 10:41 AM

Apr 2008
Kerozinn said:
not enough to save the anime .

As if anything could do that for you at this point.
Mar 8, 2012 10:45 AM

Jun 2011
not much action :/ but damn shoe's old mom was hawwt. and naked
Mar 8, 2012 11:00 AM

May 2010
This episode was as expected, I am looking forward to next week's episode. The preview looks promising.
YzoriMar 8, 2012 11:07 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2012 11:07 AM
Jan 2012
Still no sesason2 announcement , what can they fix in 2eps..
Mar 8, 2012 11:15 AM

Jan 2008
Alin said:
Still no sesason2 announcement , what can they fix in 2eps..

Kill Gai and save Inori one peisode then kill that Daath guy the next? Lol.

Anyways, I'm still wondering why Mana's hair is pink. Didn't explain where Inori came from either so I'm gonna assume she was a doll/artificial/manipulated human or something.

I'm glad they explained Shu's void a bit more, with the previous episodes, there were too many assumptions. Basically he still has the original abilities (pulling out void, keeping owner conscious, etc) but with his void, his right arm, he can store all the voids he pulls though he also takes the any of the cancer/virus if they had any.

Though Shu said "I'll take on the cancer and virus" when he was going to return the voids. From the way he said it, it sounds almost as if he can redirect the cancer into another host...
PaulMar 8, 2012 11:26 AM
Mar 8, 2012 11:30 AM

Dec 2011
This episode was decent. I liked the backstory on Triton, Kurosu and Keido. So, Mana was already batshit insane when she found the Apocalypse crystal and it seems that she has almost taken over Inori completely.

Next episode looks awesome, too bad all this ends in 2 more episodes. Season two announcement when?!
Mar 8, 2012 11:34 AM

Dec 2011
i'd love for there to be a second season, it would allow the anime to go in to so much more detail but even though i know it's ridiculous sometimes there something about GC that just makes me love it, anyways i thought this episode was pretty well written and i enjoyed the fact that details were given. 5/5 for this episode :)
Mar 8, 2012 11:34 AM

Feb 2008
I liked the episode. Very good. It seemed like Kurosu's odd social mannerisms got him killed. Really sucks. Also, surprised on Shu's naming. I really hope Shu dies in this show because it's going to make the show better for it. I still don't get Gai's super obsession with destroying the world except for following Mana. It's so stupid.
Mar 8, 2012 11:46 AM

Jun 2011
nice .. i think shu's gonna absorbe the virus ? Hmmm we will see
Mar 8, 2012 11:48 AM

May 2010
In other words, nothing happened again.

Well, okay, we did find out that Shu's void is "a punching bag"
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 8, 2012 11:54 AM

Sep 2008
HOW dare those faggots even look Shu in the eyes.
He should have slaughtered Souta since he killed Hare.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2012 12:07 PM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
He's been researching for the power the whole time. "That friend" (who is the main boss) killed him.
Of course tsubasalover, fucko is power hungry mongrel. I could never agree with hose bastards dear, because they also trample on human lives and I HATE THAT!

Cause power <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< lives. Always.

BTW Image Stitches done in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=411991
some nice one of Inori and Mana.
Yumekichi11Mar 9, 2012 4:24 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 8, 2012 12:09 PM

May 2011
Is it me, or is Gai rather dull now? I liked him better when he was rebel leader.

Where the fuck did Arisa go? I mean seriously. She wanted answers from Haruka. She transported Shu back to where Haruka was. Yet once last episode ended, nothing. She's not even with the group at all this episode.

Flashback sequence seemed well done. Though it seems rather farfetched that the meteor dropping righting on top of them contained a catalyst virus that was also in tune with Kurosu's research. It just seems like another level of convenience to move the story along.

This seemed to be a big info dump episode that was sorely needed. They didn't explain everything. But at least the story makes a little more sense now.

I'm not sure what to think about the end. Souta thing was awkward. To be honest, I thought the whole thing with the Hare dieing thing was a god awful mess. Subsequently, I couldn't really feel anything for the making up part.

One last thing. Now that Shu has all their voids, including Tsumugi and Ayase, If he dies they die. Well, that's just Fing great. I'm going to be so conflicted now. Cause I was thinking Shu dieing a heroes death saving mankind would give this messy series a decent ending. But I seriously want Ayase and Tsumugi to survive the mess.
Mar 8, 2012 12:17 PM

Dec 2010
Good Set up episode; the flashbacks were interesting and it also shows that Mana was crazy from the get go; i mean seriously smiling when Shu's mom died :/; Keido, Gai, and Mana should just all die; it would be consolation considering it looks like Souta seems like he is gonna live it out, when he of all people (along with Arisa) should have been killed off; Shu is way too forgiving, only thing i didn't like about the episode even if it fits his character, after what they did to him.. :/

In any case looking forward to Shu vs Gai; battle of voids is something that people anticipated from the second they said there was more than one Void Genome. It also seems like Shu's cancer gets way worse in the preview (well the OP did foreshadow him to be near death [almost completely covered in cancer] before Inori hugs him, and gets rid of the cancer) Should be a fast paced last two episodes; hopefully Shu lives, even if its a cliche ending, its the one i would prefer; Gai and Mana die off and Shu and Inori have that kiss they have in the OP.
InfiniteDestinyMar 8, 2012 12:23 PM
Mar 8, 2012 12:18 PM

Apr 2008
Shu had some nice determined expressions this ep too. Also good to see the source of this whole mess.

So Gai was manufactured for Mana pretty much....anyone still want to claim he fought for even a moment for Japan?
Mar 8, 2012 12:22 PM
Sep 2011
I'm glad this episode mostly resigned from sudden over-the-top plot twists and unreasonable character interactions this time. Wish they had spent more time on the scientific background of the virus though. I can't help but deplore how late these informations got revealed along with the introduction of the secret organisation Daath when looking back to the lackluster episodes with which the middle section of this anime were filled.
EudaimoniaMar 8, 2012 12:32 PM
Mar 8, 2012 12:28 PM
Feb 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Shu had some nice determined expressions this ep too. Also good to see the source of this whole mess.

So Gai was manufactured for Mana pretty much....anyone still want to claim he fought for even a moment for Japan?

Gai did say it himself in episode 10 I think, that everything was all for a girl he wanted to hold.
Mar 8, 2012 12:32 PM

Dec 2010
Quick thought; Shu needs the people to be close to return the voids right? So its safe to assume that in the middle of all the chaos he ain't gonna just randomally return the voids; i think its highly unlikely they kill off all the cast (well majority anyway) since he has there voids; so with that said i think its likely that he lives; also since like i mentioned before i think that's what the OP foreshadows.
Mar 8, 2012 12:36 PM

Apr 2008
iCards said:
Darklight0303 said:

Gai did say it himself in episode 10 I think, that everything was all for a girl he wanted to hold.

You can bet he never said that to the funeral parlor
Mar 8, 2012 12:55 PM

Dec 2011
THIS! HOW CAN THIS BE!!!

NO DISLIKE OR HATER VOTE!
Mar 8, 2012 1:01 PM

Apr 2008
You should not have said that....
Mar 8, 2012 1:05 PM

Dec 2011
/fleesthemob
Mar 8, 2012 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
woah, that keido is a huge bitch for doing that to kurosu and kurosu was just doing all he could for his children and for his so called best friend

its confirmed, mana is shu's biological sister, but if inori is a complete clone of mana.....wouldn't that be incest between shu and inori..............tbh at this point i dont give a shit :D i still feel that inori and shu belong together, though its really hard to put into words, it seems like they have both been supporting each other throughout the series and was always together and on each others side

shu's ability is similar to how i predicted however instead of him being able to "copy" and "paste" peoples voids into his arm, he can only "cut" and "paste" peoples void, so he still needs to be careful when using them, especially because if his arm is destroyed all the people's void stored inside will die along with him

i like this new shu alot, he isn't pretending to be a dictator who doesn't care about his friends, he is now showing that he cares for his friends and even made up with souta

i cant wait for next episode 5/5
Mar 8, 2012 1:12 PM

Jan 2012
One thing that i find annoying about this story.....At first i hated Gai, but then i started to like him, and now i hate him again. He's the only character that my feelings have fluctuated a lot towards. Although now i can just straight up say i hate him without a doubt.
Mar 8, 2012 1:15 PM

Dec 2010
Darklight0303 said:
You should not have said that....

For real; well it will happen eventually; this show receives a lot of hate so... it will happen eventually.
Mar 8, 2012 1:18 PM

Oct 2011
Faggot Souta.
Mar 8, 2012 1:23 PM

Jan 2012
CrimsonLight said:
Faggot Souta.

Whaaaaat? I feel bad for Hare being killed but.....>_>...A little bit of me was happy too.....Inori's competition was taken out in one fell swoop!
Mar 8, 2012 1:25 PM

Jul 2011
andreyue said:
THIS! HOW CAN THIS BE!!!

NO DISLIKE OR HATER VOTE!

its only temporary, trust me in a few minutes/hours the haters will start flocking in, nitpicking and trying to find ways to bash the show
Mar 8, 2012 1:27 PM

Jul 2011
Ahri said:
CrimsonLight said:
Faggot Souta.

Whaaaaat? I feel bad for Hare being killed but.....>_>...A little bit of me was happy too.....Inori's competition was taken out in one fell swoop!

not funny :( TAKE THAT BACK! T_T
Mar 8, 2012 1:27 PM

Dec 2010
Ahri said:
CrimsonLight said:
Faggot Souta.

Thats kinda harsh dude; While i support Shu x Inori, Hare didn't need to die like that, and that wasn't the only douche thing Souta did, it just adds to his long list :/.
Mar 8, 2012 1:30 PM

Oct 2011
Ahri said:
CrimsonLight said:
Faggot Souta.

Meh. I just can't bring myself to like him. He caused Hare to die, he acts like a dumb douche in every time, like seen here in this episode. To top it off, he pushed Shu for no reason, saying shit like "It's not my fault" or something of the sort. I don't remember.

Take responsibility for your actions and stop trying to deny your mistake you dumb comic-relief side character.
Mar 8, 2012 1:31 PM

Jan 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Ahri said:
CrimsonLight said:
Faggot Souta.

Thats kinda harsh dude; While i support Shu x Inori, Hare didn't need to die like that, and that wasn't the only douche thing Souta did, it just adds to his long list :/.

Dude?! Also....Well maybe, but ALL I AM SAYING is that i was happy Inori's competition was gone, but i never said i was happy about her dying D=! Was sad how they killed her. I actually kinda figured they would kill her off, right when she confessed and that was the episode souta and his group were gonna do something stupid. Just had that feeling something like that would happen.
Mar 8, 2012 1:39 PM

Dec 2010
Ahri said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Ahri said:
CrimsonLight said:
Faggot Souta.

Dude?! Also....Well maybe, but ALL I AM SAYING is that i was happy Inori's competition was gone, but i never said i was happy about her dying D=! Was sad how they killed her. I actually kinda figured they would kill her off, right when she confessed and that was the episode souta and his group were gonna do something stupid. Just had that feeling something like that would happen.

My bad XD, forgot to check gender :P, you said you were a little bit happy tho.
Mar 8, 2012 1:42 PM

Feb 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Ahri said:
CrimsonLight said:
Faggot Souta.

You're forgetting, I'm pretty sure all those other people that went WITH Souta in that episode died too.

Not to mention that because of this, Souta indirectly turns the school into a hell hole which causes Kuhouin's character goes bad, and then later he pushes Shu into the crater and shortly after because Kuhouin betrayed Shu and leaked the plan to Gai, Shu loses his right arm. Oh, and Hare can't patch that up cause shes dead.

Besides, while Hare's death basically spelled out Shu X Inori, the entire point of her death was to break an emotional barrier, and ironically, she died believing in him and his kindness only for him to have a heroic BSOD and turn into a tyrant.

However, back to this episode, for a flashback episode, it was decent. Pretty well done, Keidou or whatever is insane, many plot holes filled. Something that caught my attention was the awkward handshake, like Souta who should be begging for forgiveness backed away like three times. LOL

So judging by him keeping the voids, theres a good chance Jesus isn't dying anytime soon as dying to save the world would end up killing his friends in the process.
Mar 8, 2012 1:46 PM

May 2011
So 2 more episodes I suppose.
Can't wait to see Shu against Gai.
Mar 8, 2012 1:52 PM
Feb 2012
Shu means group... that made me smile. Kurosu was a crazy-cool guy and a caring father as it seems.
All in all this flashback was needed for us to understand that Keido is an even bigger son of a bitch than we thought and that Kurosu was the true genius. Remember how he calls Keido his friend and that he didn't want to drag him in this mess? Ooh Keido you're so gonna get raped, you disgusting piece of shit.

The explanation concerning Shu's void was pretty much as accurate as many of us have predicted before so nothing new there. I liked the sequence where Shu tries to give back the voids but the owners refuse and basically give their lives in Shu's hands. After seeing this I really, really hope that Shu survives together with Inori. It would only be fair for the group to receive a happy end after all the trouble they've been through. But at this point I can't tell either for sure unfortunately- will he live or die? He is determined to sacrifice himself but will we see a surprise? I most certainly hope so.

Well, the preview looks so sweet. Seems like everyone- even Daryl- supports Shu and shit is about to go down. Gai, remember what I said about Keido? The same will happen to you, son. Shu, the true king, is on his away. 10/10
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 8, 2012 1:58 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, um, that last sentence by Haruka about how Shu's name means "group" made me tear up a little. Basically Shu is going out there to fight for all of their lives once again, but this time it'll be even more difficult with Gai being a bitch and Inori becoming Mana o_O!

Not a very action filled episode, but I liked it still.
Mar 8, 2012 2:00 PM

Oct 2011
Keiz said:
not much action :/ but damn shoe's old mom was hawwt. and naked

Yeah, I was looking forward to that moment ever since I saw the preview :D
Anyways, they finally explained exactly what had happened before the series started and can now fully devote the episodes to kick-ass action. There will definitely be a cliff-hanger at the end of the next episode. I just hope they don't postpone episode 22 by a month like they did with episode 12

Mar 8, 2012 2:03 PM

Jan 2012
italy said:
Wow, um, that last sentence by Haruka about how Shu's name means "group" made me tear up a little. Basically Shu is going out there to fight for all of their lives once again, but this time it'll be even more difficult with Gai being a bitch and Inori becoming Mana o_O!

Not a very action filled episode, but I liked it still.

that last sentence felt very touching to me
Mar 8, 2012 2:07 PM

May 2011
the flashbacks were really sad...but Shu's mom is hot and his dad looks just just like him. When I first saw the series, I always wonder why Shu had a little bit of blonde hair but now you can see that it was a family thing LOL. But I hate the guy that murder Shu's father.
Mar 8, 2012 2:08 PM

Jan 2008
yagamisignum said:
the flashbacks were really sad...but Shu's mom is hot and his dad looks just just like him. When I first saw the series, I always wonder why Shu had a little bit of blonde hair but now you can see that it was a family thing LOL. But I hate the guy that murder Shu's father.

Doesn't explain Mana's pink hair though.
Mar 8, 2012 2:09 PM
Feb 2012
Mana was probably a hipster and decided to have pink hair before anyone else.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 8, 2012 2:19 PM

Jun 2009
All that flashback and it wasn't shown how Inori was created. Isn't she the main heroine?
Mar 8, 2012 2:19 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,Shu=Group.

So we finally got some info about many things,Shu father,his Mom(she is cute as hell),the relation between Koudou and how he betray his friend,what is the virus so in general it was good episode.

Also we know what Shu void is....but they wont kill him specially since if he dies half the cast dies.

The end was nice the reconciliation with Shu and specially with Souta...even that he needs to die because of what happen with Hare!!!

Next episode the action begins the final battle begins!
Mar 8, 2012 2:40 PM
Feb 2012
Thoroughly enjoying the show. I'm afraid that if Shu dies, I will probably hate the show.

Gai became an incredibly stale character with no significant influence on the development of the show. A superb ending for me would consist of Gai getting ridiculously destroyed by Shu and Keido dying a very, very painful and disgusting death.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.