Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2012 9:06 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
...I didn't like this episode :I Probably the only one out of this entire series that I disliked.

As for how the final two episodes turned out, I am really impressed with how similar they were compared to the rest. The style of the animation, the character design, the music, nothing felt out of place or vastly different despite being made 10 years later. Nice :)
Nov 26, 2013 5:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A strange choice of story for the final OVA. I would have switched them around and the have the one on Pinoko's past be the last one.

Overall, the 12 OVA's have been a great watch. Black Jack mixes medical drama and action pretty well and there have been some memorable characters along the way. None more so than the protagonist himself.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 24, 2013 2:10 AM

Jul 2008
At least Jougi took over in the end, I liked that Black Jack regretted this job, never should have saved this guy.

Maybe he'll be more selective in the future because this is the cost of saving everyone.
Mar 25, 2014 11:28 AM

Jun 2010
A pretty cheesy story in a lot of ways.

Marzan said:
A strange choice of story for the final OVA. I would have switched them around and the have the one on Pinoko's past be the last one.

That would have made for a much better finale, yes. Maybe they wanted to open with the stronger material to get people's interest in the OVA since it had been so many years since the last episode came out. Oh, well.
Jan 10, 2016 12:55 AM

Jan 2010
Well, let's see...improvements upon the already great looking art, political/military drama, Black Jack having his beliefs and medical prowess challenged, and Pinoco being absent for the main episode, making it feel like a completely different series. I'm happy with how this OVA turned out. It's far more than what I could have asked for, and it certainly made Black Jack one of my favorite characters. Great stuff.
May 19, 2016 2:10 AM

Mar 2012
Disappointing series but at least the first 4 episodes were pretty entertaining. The first half of this one wasn't bad either until they went and killed off yet another woman that was into Black Jack. Lots of unhappy endings in this ova series for some reason. I did like how each episode was 50 minutes but it seemed like the parts covering the operation kept getting shorter and were less focused on towards the end of the series.
Dec 13, 2018 10:59 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Irregular episode to closed it anime series!
Well, The love story between L and the Doctor was terrible!
The resolution, of the Dictator, was bad!
I suppose it was the worst episode of the 12!
Well, in general, was a great anime series with a dark atmosphere!

8/10
Mar 4, 2019 6:08 AM

Oct 2012
Well I guess in the end the sound of crying bird was only a legend

I just wish the side characters were as interesting as the inn owner and taxi driver
Or at least a happy ending

The last episode doesn't have happy ending, well that was a disappointment
I enjoyed the series as a whole, but I get disappointed by mos of the endings :(

Certainly not anime for me, but I really enjoyed this
I want more! xD
"Signature removed"
Apr 6, 2021 4:55 PM

Nov 2013
Omg BJ really went and called someone a prick.

This episode is probably the weakest in the OVA, which is a shame for it being the last episode as well.

May 15, 2022 2:32 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah. The 11th episode wasn't good either but this was one was just bad. Shame that these have to be counted being part of the same series. I would probablty given the series rare 9 if it wasn't for these two mucking it up.
Dec 27, 2022 4:54 PM

Nov 2016
Weak note to end on except for boxing Pinoko. Her antics were funny af.

The modern episodes didn't stack up well, especially compared to the start of the series.

7/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 6, 2023 12:53 PM

Feb 2022
Alright episode overall but it's especially hurt by the fact that it doesn't really offer anything new that we haven't really seen before in past episodes.
Nov 18, 2023 10:11 AM
Nov 2022
Great anime. The mysterious vibes of every disease and the mystery of the MC's partner makes this show very interesting.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Jack Episode 9 Discussion

YRFdez - May 14, 2011

11 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Feb 10, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Black Jack Episode 2 Discussion

YRFdez - Feb 28, 2011

16 by Ionliosite2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 9:37 AM

Poll: » Black Jack Episode 7 Discussion

Dalinh - Apr 8, 2010

14 by TRC_Randy »»
Dec 1, 2023 6:31 PM

Poll: » Black Jack Episode 6 Discussion

anime_daisuki - Jun 29, 2010

12 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:44 AM

Poll: » Black Jack Episode 5 Discussion

YRFdez - Mar 1, 2011

13 by othmaneking »»
Nov 5, 2023 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.