Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2012 4:06 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They are now heading to Shizouka Training Camp for 2 days and one night.
Araki is fat again.

" How you get tanuki Belly ? Lmao xD

Nadeshiko Japan vs Miami Hurricans

The match does feel fast pacing but it's more enjoyable to watch it animations.
But seriously the speed of pacing is the anime is still the same and the match ending quite quick too compared to manga.

Why does it feel the pace is slower when reading the manga?
Haha :)

After that Nana went back to Training Camp.

Nana cruel way of making Araki dieting giving him that little as food and make him drink that.

A little fanservice of Nana (Seven) ^_^ Naked with bath towel.
Oda-San got busted by trying to make them stop peeping.

The Courage Test?

But how can they make it this fast pace? :D

Next preview: Episode 10 (Little Witch)

Eh? Already now they jump a lot of chapters again.
BlackbirdMar 2, 2012 4:14 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 2, 2012 4:13 PM
Jul 2009
Episode 9 was great!!

I have a few issues with the translation though. At the end of the game the commentator calls Seven "fantasista", but CR translated it as "striker", which is totally wrong. Also, Seven didn't play just one game in the US' Premier league, she played almost a whole season.

But again, the episode itself was great, Seven was awesome!!!

Oh, and that little SevenxKakeru moment at the end was great too!!
1idd0kunMar 2, 2012 4:17 PM
Mar 2, 2012 4:37 PM

May 2011
LOL I just love Araki's humor face there.
And Nana simply the BEST!
Mar 2, 2012 7:54 PM

Nov 2008
I'm starting to love Oda more every episode...
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Mar 2, 2012 10:03 PM

May 2011
Wow I really enjoyed this episode, and as a whole the series is getting better imo. I loved that they actually used Engrish for the team from Miami (most of the time they still use Japanese for foreign teams), and great ball skill by Seven.

5/5

Looks like next episode Seven is facing against Deutschland, should be interesting.

Mar 2, 2012 10:31 PM

Oct 2011
OF COURSE THEY MADE THE AMERICANS UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012 10:51 PM
Jul 2009
Avato-chan said:

They were ugly because that team wasn't all that good. When the time comes for Seven to play against the actual US national team, you'll see all the American girls are going to be pretty.
Mar 3, 2012 1:41 AM

Feb 2012
1idd0kun said:
Avato-chan said:

They were ugly because that team wasn't all that good. When the time comes for Seven to play against the actual US national team, you'll see all the American girls are going to be pretty.

I like how they portray them as total dicks lmao.
Mar 3, 2012 7:23 AM

Jul 2008
jimjameswhatever said:
1idd0kun said:
Avato-chan said:

I like how they portray them as total dicks lmao.

Well considering the fact that if you look for dirty tackles in football in youtube, one of the top results is made by some American in an NCAA (women's) game.
Mar 3, 2012 8:16 AM

Feb 2012
they use the ugliness as a measure of their skill lol xD
Mar 3, 2012 9:40 AM
Feb 2008
Wow, I'm more interested in Seven than actually in Kakeru ... Everyone here talks about the manga, maybe I'll give it a try, too.

I don't like that germans always portrayd with light blonde hair, but well ...
Mar 3, 2012 9:20 PM
Aug 2009
If you know anything about football, you'll know that the animators don't really know anything about football. The Women's match was littered with inaccuracies. The cast is likable though, so it makes up for the badly constructed football sequences.
Mar 4, 2012 11:13 AM

Jun 2008
HammersFan10 said:
If you know anything about football, you'll know that the animators don't really know anything about football. The Women's match was littered with inaccuracies. The cast is likable though, so it makes up for the badly constructed football sequences.

Yeah as football goes it's definitely shown very badly. Every football magic is basically not part of this anime. It's better to just watch it for character interactions.
Mar 5, 2012 2:23 AM

May 2010
I appreciate that that american team spoke english...but...don't speak japanese in the middle of speaking english..I mean they speak some sentences in english & other in japanese.That does not feel right..
Mar 5, 2012 7:40 PM
Nov 2011
I guess the American team (Miami Hurricanes) should have really spoken straight English throughout the match.

Araki's face is pure win.
Mar 7, 2012 12:16 PM

Jun 2009
Takase hit is head on the way off the train lol...I will never have that problem

Nana's game was fun o watch

Oda...if he went "Kya" that would have been priceless XD
Mar 10, 2012 10:28 AM

Jan 2008
Manga is so much better, this is sad.
Mar 10, 2012 6:07 PM

Oct 2010
HammersFan10 said:

lmao yeah but you cant really expect it to be accurate when they're trying to portray the Japanese as good soccer players.
Apr 2, 2012 4:47 PM

Aug 2007
ElDeviant said:
lmao yeah but you cant really expect it to be accurate when they're trying to portray the Japanese as good soccer players.

lmao yeah and Japan totally didn't win the womens world cup, they're so bad at soccer. *rolleyes* Seriously... just because the anime doesn't get it's facts staight (for example, don't they completely ignore the offside law?), doesn't mean it has to be the same in reality. Japan really did show a good performance on the international level during the last World Cup, you can't really say they suck at soccer, when they won the cup. But of course, it's women's soccer, so nobody cares.

That aside, am I the only one thinking Seven is a bit too strong for a 16 -year-old girl? I mean, we've had 17-year-olds debuting on our national team (male), but Seven is pretty much instantly the star player of the team and obviously better than the rest. Isn't this a bit too much? Just saying...

Ah, I think I'm probably overthinking this anime, it's the one with the protagonist who got possessed by his brothers spirit after he got his heart transplated, so what am I expecting? :/ I have been able to enjoy the anime for the last episodes quite a bit, though. Seven's game made me bang my head on my desk again, this anime is like "hit and miss" for me. One episode is pretty enjoyable and then something incredibly stupid happens. D:
May 1, 2012 3:06 AM

Jun 2011
Seven's cuteness overload!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 1, 2016 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
Training episode, courage test. Pretty standard stuff. I wish they focused a little more on the match with "Japan's Brazil".
Feb 28, 2017 7:17 AM
Aug 2014
64 players is way too much; that's enough for 3 teams.

Seven's dribble seemed to span 3 football fields and the opposing girl keeper never would've strayed so far from the goal line. Defending made little sense for the second goal again. So Seven mad her debut in the American Premier League when she was 13? Right.

While I realize Araki's diet is played for laughs, his crash diet will lead to him under recovering, lacking energy for the match and increase the risk of injury.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Fantassy - Sep 28, 2012

70 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 2:39 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2012

24 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 18, 2022 3:04 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2012

31 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 18, 2022 1:07 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2012

20 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 15, 2022 11:11 AM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2012

17 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 15, 2022 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.